Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Suggestions forum > Downgrade/Upgrade Car part Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist
Page [1
Author Topic: Downgrade/Upgrade Car part 9 replies
Daniel Caillaux
(Group Amateur - 7)

Peru 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (4)
Old post #1 posted Aug 12th 2015, 19:39:36 Quote 
I know this topic has been discussed in other topics, but usually the suggestions involved repair centers or car parts' market or variation of those.

My suggestion is as follow:

As it is, we can downgrade to used parts but when you do it, you loose 2 things:
1. You current car part
2. If you downgrade more than one level you can't go back to the level you where or if you downgrade one level you can only return to the one you where before and cannot improve your car.

So how about the option of reusing the part that was changed later, as I already bought it, not need to throught it away, and once you have reach Lvl "x" you can always buy parts until Lvl "x+1"? The wear will be as you left it.

Now the why:
For example, my engine currently is Lvl 5, wear 65%. The next race will wear the engine 45% (Risk 0). As the game is right now, I have three option: 1. Smoke, 2. Downgrade to an engine that will stand the 40% wear, and loose my current engine or 3. Buy a new Lvl 5 and loose my current engine. An engine with 65% still is quite useful for many tracks, so why I am not able to use in another race?

Regarding going on level at a time, I just don't understand the logic behind not been able to return. If I was able to buy a Lvl 6 cooling and I downgrade to lvl 4, why I can't buy a Lvl 6 the next race? Agree, it will be a tactic to save money and don't loose your car development, but it is not a massive money saving tactic and still requires strategic thinking on when to use it, balancing the lose of car character level and money expenditure.

What do you guys think?
Gareth Griffiths
(Group Amateur - 102)

Canada 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #2 posted Aug 12th 2015, 19:47:33 Quote 
Like this idea.

Got caught out this season with this, as I assumed if I downgraded, I could reuse my older part, or buy up to my highest level
Derek Koenig
(Group Amateur - 85)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #3 posted Aug 12th 2015, 19:53:08 Quote 
I like the idea a lot, there are other races games that were like this (specifically nascar 03 for consoles).
But in terms of development and game design, it may complicate things, what happens after season reset? does that part go back to 0% wear? What would happen when you promote/demote? It'll add an extra element to the game, but likely alot of data for game designers to incorporate.
Daniel Caillaux
(Group Amateur - 7)

Peru 
Certified: 
Old post #4 posted Aug 12th 2015, 21:34:31 Quote 
Didn't think about season reset actually.... I guess I would leave it as it is, you get the part you have on the car with 0% of wear. Some might complaint about loosing parts, but you are gaining a part with 0% wear.... In the case of level access, you can still go to the highest point you got.
Michael Winkley
(Group Amateur - 61)

Wales 
Certified: 
Old post #5 posted Aug 12th 2015, 21:38:31 Quote 
Downgrading your engine is not losing your current engine; it is repairing your current engine by reducing its effectiveness.
Only a 0% engine that you've paid for can be considered new; its not like you are trading a 65% engine for a 55% engine of lower quality.
Jukka Sireni2
(Group Master - 1)

GPRO Crew
Finland 
Certified: 
Like this post (6)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #6 posted Aug 12th 2015, 21:38:43 Quote 
The current system is actually really good and favours good planning. Any easyfication would just favour those who can't plan.
Daniel Caillaux
(Group Amateur - 7)

Peru 
Certified: 
Old post #7 posted Aug 12th 2015, 21:45:34 Quote 
Quote ( Michael Winkley @ August 12th 2015,21:38:31 )

Downgrading your engine is not losing your current engine; it is repairing your current engine by reducing its effectiveness.
Only a 0% engine that you've paid for can be considered new; its not like you are trading a 65% engine for a 55% engine of lower quality.

You are right, just saw that in the hint part.... my bad!

And what about the fact you can't return to the level you where?
Sam Wainwright
(Group Amateur - 27)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #8 posted Aug 12th 2015, 21:48:17 Quote 
Quote ( Daniel Caillaux @ August 12th 2015,21:34:31 )

Didn't think about season reset actually.... I guess I would leave it as it is, you get the part you have on the car with 0% of wear. Some might complaint about loosing parts, but you are gaining a part with 0% wear.... In the case of level access, you can still go to the highest point you got.

Thing is, this system of "unlocking" higher levels completely changes the way the game works as you only have to get to level 9 once, go 0ct on a low wear track and suddenly you've got a level 9 engine with 10-15% wear waiting for you for your perfect OBP. Reducing this game's difficulty in the long run helps nobody, as the best will know how to gain more of an advantage than the rest anyway
Gareth Griffiths
(Group Amateur - 102)

Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #9 posted Aug 12th 2015, 21:52:38 Quote 
Fair points well made. Good suggestion though
Michael Winkley
(Group Amateur - 61)

Wales 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #10 posted Aug 12th 2015, 21:52:39 Quote 
Quote ( Daniel Caillaux @ August 12th 2015,21:45:34 )

And what about the fact you can't return to the level you where?

I agree that that aspect of things does lack logic in how it operates; you'd expect to be capable of maintaining a certain level of technological advancement, at least during the current season.
Page [1
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Suggestions forum > Downgrade/Upgrade Car part Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist

Reply to this topic