Page [1
Author Topic: Press Release 13 replies
Sean Hatfield
(Group Amateur - 83)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (4)
Old post #1 posted Feb 23rd 2016, 12:29:37 Quote 
I believe this has been discussed in different ways but I don't think it has been discussed in this format, correct me if I am wrong... you usually do :P

Each maanger can write a press release if they wish. If the article meets certain criteria

- minimum characters
- non offensive
- other criteria deemed necessary

If it meets the criteria set out then the manager would receive $250 000. This would be a maximum of one bonus per week.

This could be about a past or future race. Could be about their team. How they see their season going. Also maybe a bit of trash talk to a rival driver.

A positive from this would mean further activity in the close season.

I have seen this work in other games so no reason why not here.
Jordan Randall
(Group Pro - 23)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #2 posted Feb 23rd 2016, 12:30:48 Quote 
Thats an extra 4.25m a season from doing this so any extra money i'm in
Mairo Toom
(Group Pro - 14)

Estonia 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #3 posted Feb 23rd 2016, 12:32:19 Quote 
Quote ( Sean Hatfield @ February 23rd 2016,12:29:37 )

If it meets the criteria set out then the manager would receive $250 000.
No.
Kirsty Ridley
(Group Pro - 14)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #4 posted Feb 23rd 2016, 12:34:43 Quote 
As always, Mairo jumps in with an informative argument and clear reasons to be discussed ;)

I think language could be an issue, though no reason it could not be used in all the language forums to maybe liven it all up a little?
Martynas Bražėnas
(Group Amateur - 121)

Lithuania 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #5 posted Feb 23rd 2016, 12:36:57 Quote 
Supporter credits maybe, but not game money, it should not give a competitive edge for people i believe. And as Kirsty mentioned language is an issue, i doubt half of the users can communicate in english without google translate.
Mairo Toom
(Group Pro - 14)

Estonia 
Certified: 
Old post #6 posted Feb 23rd 2016, 12:37:32 Quote 
Quote ( Kirsty Ridley @ February 23rd 2016,12:34:43 )

As always, Mairo jumps in with an informative argument and clear reasons to be discussed ;)

:D

It was a simple statement only about money part. We don't need extra money in the game.

About the general idea. Every man newspaper - I wouldn't mind having one, but then there would need to be a press team who decides which posts will get published and which ones not.
Phil Maunder
(Group Pro - 7)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #7 posted Feb 23rd 2016, 12:53:21 (last edited Feb 23rd 2016, 12:54:22 by Phil Maunder) Quote 
Posting for cash is a bad idea imo & doesn't get to root causes of why the forums are quiet. It might be interesting at first but people would just post any old shit to get extra money. Nobody would bother reading what each other had to say after a while is mostly what would happen I think. Then there's the question of who moderates that amount of posts.

Or who moderates in general? If player A posts "this week I want to win" and player B posts a page long, well constructed insightful article - do both players get $250,000? Where is the tipping point of what actually counts as a press release? Who decides it & monitors it and awards the money?

What stops player A posting "this week I want to win" every single week?

Etc...
Sam Dulledge
(Group Rookie - 208)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #8 posted Feb 23rd 2016, 13:16:46 Quote 
Quote ( Phil Maunder @ February 23rd 2016,12:53:21 )

Posting for cash is a bad idea

Agreed. Far too easy to spam.

doesn't get to root causes of why the forums are quiet.

But the forums aren't quiet. /gb/Stats.asp?type=graphposts#scroll . I can't figure out why this narrative has appeared.

Quote ( Martynas Bražėnas @ February 23rd 2016,12:36:57 )

Supporter credits maybe

That's an idea I like, but I don't think it'll work in principle. At any point it's likely to get a lot of entries, which means that Vlad (Or another impartial admin) would have to decide which press releases are worthy. People who write reasonably good press releases but aren't awarded might feel hard done by, and I doubt Vlad is likely to want to give away too many supporter credits considering other pressures on the game at the moment.
Mark Pinnick
(Group Amateur - 32)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #9 posted Feb 23rd 2016, 14:11:51 Quote 
It would need to be developed properly, and as a separate feature. It could hopefully then be implemented in such a way as to minimise admin.

I would propose Reward Points (maybe up to 5 reward points per race) as the incentive, rather than game cash, or actual credits. This wouldn't hit the game financially that much, but might provide a bit more of a community element.
Jeff Pumphrey
(Group Master - 1)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #10 posted Feb 23rd 2016, 14:14:37 Quote 

What stops player A posting "this week I want to win" every single week?

Them deciding not to push because it's a high-wear track?
Phil Maunder
(Group Pro - 7)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #11 posted Feb 23rd 2016, 14:19:52 Quote 
Yea what the player actually does in races is irrelevant. My point is what stops people from spamming forum content in order to qualify for a reward?
Michael Monaco
(Group Master - 2)

Italy 
Certified: 
Old post #12 posted Feb 23rd 2016, 14:22:15 Quote 
If you provide the game forums with valuable content, the administration already reward people. I used to write a forum Newsletter after every race. Just started doing it for fun because I wanted too. It was (fairly) popular for a while. Once it became consistent of quality, I started to get supporter credits. I didn't even notice til a few weeks in.

The point is, if you take it upon yourself to add content or improve the user experience (translate, add to wiki, moderate, etc), it is appreciated and the administration will let you know.

About the initial suggestion about getting game money for posts: NO.
Phil Maunder
(Group Pro - 7)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #13 posted Feb 23rd 2016, 14:27:12 Quote 
Admin just started giving you supporter credits? And without telling you - ie you just noticed one day?
Rastislav Padysak
(Group Rookie - 37)

Slovakia 
Certified: 
Old post #14 posted Feb 23rd 2016, 15:15:56 Quote 
Quote ( Michael Monaco @ February 23rd 2016,14:22:15 )...The point is, if you take it upon yourself to add content or improve the user experience (translate, add to wiki, moderate, etc), it is appreciated and the administration will let you know...
If it's true, it's a very important information...
Page [1

Reply to this topic