Page « 1 2 3 ... 13 [1415 ... 74 75 76 » Quick go to page:
Author Topic: Driver Energy 2267 replies
Stephen Cakebread
(Group Amateur - 11)

South Africa 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #391 posted Sep 12th 2016, 17:09:40 Quote 
Jody thanks for that and i do understand.

It seems everyone is missing my point here.

I can only speak for myself here but i know when im pushing i always watch the race live.
When i know im going to smoke or im running 0ct i dont bother as there is no point watching for 2 hours or more when i know im not racing that particular race. I just look at the result the following day and then plan for the next one.

So lets say when you are not promoting, you smoke maybe 3 races in the season or maybe you run 0ct for a couple to conserve your finances for 1 extra race. that is 5 or 6 races of the 17 you are not going to watch live.
Now factor this in aswell, there may be a further 3 or 4 races or even more where i have to race with none or very little risks or i know that even if i run high risks at some point i am just going to run out of energy anyway.
So it is now quite possible im not going to watch half the season?
Is that worth paying for?
Will the other half of the races make up for the "boredom" and frustration with these races?

Anyway i have had my say, maybe some will trash my views, maybe some will just laugh it off.
Never the less they are my views and im sure some will actually think about this, i hope the right people do....
This is a great game, it keeps me coming back for more even when i have endured a few tough seasons, i wouldnt want this to be the "tipping point" and i finally decide to skip a race or 2 till my energy has recharged to 100% or even worse.....
Peter Willmore
(Group Amateur - 41)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (5)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #392 posted Sep 12th 2016, 17:19:45 (last edited Sep 12th 2016, 17:20:16 by Peter Willmore) Quote 
well I just see energy as another thing to be managed it is a management game after all

Out of interest Stephen how is it any different to having to run 0ct to get an extra race out of a set a parts (if it does work out how you are assuming it will)

I think people are not missing your point, just thinking you are jumping the gun when you have no idea how it will really affect you (bar the fact that fake randoms from pushing too hard have been removed)
Stephen Cakebread
(Group Amateur - 11)

South Africa 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #393 posted Sep 12th 2016, 17:31:48 (last edited Sep 12th 2016, 17:32:46 by Stephen Cakebread) Quote 
Quote ( Peter Willmore @ September 12th 2016,17:19:45 )

Out of interest Stephen how is it any different to having to run 0ct to get an extra race out of a set a parts

Its not.
What im saying is that those races are no fun to watch.
You dont want too many races like that or risk losing what we signed up for in the first place and that is to have fun.
And if you are not enjoying yourself you are going to leave.
Goran Slunjski
(Group Pro - 25)

Croatia 
Certified: 
Old post #394 posted Sep 12th 2016, 17:34:45 Quote 
Quote ( Jody Parker @ September 12th 2016,16:49:53 )

@Stephen.

From all accounts that have brought testimony to Energy recovery between races it is stipulated that Energy is rising per time between races so even IF your driver is down to 0% Energy AFTER the race in the next 3 days he will recover enough of that energy to be able to race fully in the next race, with any CT, but might drop to 0% Energy during the race and thus slow down at that point too.
So what needs to be learned is at what CT levels you can run every race without dropping pace.

Ex, without exact numbers, just to give an indication:
Race 1: 100% Energy before race, use 50CT during race, have 25% Energy left directly after race. 3 days pass (68 hours) with gaining 1% Energy every 2 hours (guessing a rate here) so by the time the next race starts driver has 59% Energy.
Race 2: 47% Energy after Q but before Race and counting on 1.5% Energy per CT used spent (different tracks could of course have different Energy "consumption") setting 20 CT (for a few % Energy left after race. Energy left directly after race 2%. 4 days pass (92 hours) getting up to 48% before next Q and race.
Race 3: 36% Energy left after Q, deciding on 15CT being "the optimal" and going for that.

Something like that, so the driver will always be able to race in the next race, the question is how hard he will be able to push.

Agree with that. Acording to Doru's example it will be recovered even more before next race.
I believe this is ALMOST same thing as always was in game just this time we have visual on it.

If there is anything changed then those changes probably affect rookie and amateurs the most.
Anyway,I think I'll like it!
Stuart Foster
(Group Rookie - 5)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #395 posted Sep 12th 2016, 17:39:01 Quote 
Quote ( Goran Slunjski @ September 12th 2016,17:34:45 )

If there is anything changed then those changes probably affect rookie and amateurs the most.

and late qualifiers pushing to limit at 18:25 pm on race night :D
Mark Pinnick
(Group Amateur - 32)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #396 posted Sep 12th 2016, 17:47:54 Quote 
Quote ( Peter Willmore @ September 12th 2016,16:54:38 )

I honestly can't believe all the moaning about this without even seeing how it works .

I see it as a positive change and look forward to seeing how it works out :)

At least it gives us something to talk about in the season break!! :D
Joaquín Quintana
(Group Amateur - 4)

Spain 
Certified: 
Old post #397 posted Sep 12th 2016, 17:52:11 Quote 
I dont know which way is trying to make the gpro crew with this new feature: Trying to get each division more balanced in terms of CT? Maybe adding a new form to management in the game? Trying to "teach" lower divisions managers to reach "higher" divisions with the management and budget wealthiest? So many questions here and only them know the truth.

But after so many seasons without any big change in the game, here's a big one...so its time everybody to learn about this, how it works and how to be better than other managers.

About people who complains about running out of energy and people who mention F1: Has they ever watched an actual F1 race???? All drivers are often not pushing to the max because they have to save fuel or take care of tyres so what are you talking about F1??
Peter Thompson
(Group Amateur - 77)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #398 posted Sep 12th 2016, 17:58:52 Quote 
Wow. It's not easy to get a rise out of Cakebread.

At yeast he's telling it how it is.
Robert Kearney
(Group Master - 3)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #399 posted Sep 12th 2016, 18:00:01 Quote 
Happy to have it.... Or at least tolerate it. As many of you said it is something we have to find out. What happens when we race.
We had boost laps last season, now we have driver energy, the game is at least evolving.

Not sure I would have it where you go to zero and your CT drops to change mid race. I think it would better it was more Driver errors occurring based on fitness levels, age, stamina and driver concentration.

I suspect that instead of DMs occurring more often they decided to just drop CT mid race to zero to get guys to manage their risks more. Maybe there should just be a maximum number of CT you can use per season instead of this, though who am I to suggest ideas to admin who are far more adept at this. Maybe 1600 Ct in elite 1400 in master etc etc..... Like I say no idea how this could be used in wet and dry races.

It's a minor change and something eventually we will just incorporate into our planning I am sure. I just think it's a bit clumsy. Drivers don't mid race think "oh I am a bit tired so I will take my foot off the pedal" do they ?

Still, happy to wait to see how it all pans out, boost laps turned out ok on the whole. So benefit of the doubt until we get into the season on my part anyway.
Mikko Heikkinen
(Group Pro - 4)

Finland 
Certified: 
Old post #400 posted Sep 12th 2016, 18:25:04 (last edited Sep 12th 2016, 18:47:12 by Mikko Heikkinen) Quote 

Agree with that. Acording to Doru's example it will be recovered even more before next race.

And those groups probably were never intended to use CT 100 anyways (but lately they have been doing that)

I believe this is ALMOST same thing as always was in game just this time we have visual on it.

I just hope there isn't going to be a "active live visual" presented lap-by-lap.

That would make it too easy (predictable)
Robin Goodey
(Group Master - 4)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #401 posted Sep 12th 2016, 18:27:30 Quote 
Quote ( Stefan Voggenreither @ September 10th 2016,22:58:24 )

Quote ( Robin Goodey @ September 10th 2016,22:55:36 )

Stefan - will we be able to see the energy dropping during the race? (similar to fuel and tyres)

Are you able to monitor yourself how much energy you've lost at which point of your workout? ;-)

There you go Mikko - a no from Stefan
Mikko Heikkinen
(Group Pro - 4)

Finland 
Certified: 
Old post #402 posted Sep 12th 2016, 19:21:31 Quote 
Quote ( Robin Goodey @ September 12th 2016,18:27:30 )

There you go Mikko - a no from Stefan

Well that's not exactly a definite no, but yeah, it can be taken as such

Thanks
Goran Slunjski
(Group Pro - 25)

Croatia 
Certified: 
Old post #403 posted Sep 12th 2016, 19:39:49 Quote 
Quote ( Stuart Foster @ September 12th 2016,17:39:01 )

and late qualifiers pushing to limit at 18:25 pm on race night :D

I'm annoyed of those,so right now there's big smile on my face :]

Quote ( Mikko Heikkinen @ September 12th 2016,18:25:04 )

1) Quote ( Goran Slunjski @ September 12th 2016,17:34:45 )

And those groups probably were never intended to use CT 100 anyways (but lately they have been doing that)

2) Quote ( Goran Slunjski @ September 12th 2016,17:34:45 )

I just hope there isn't going to be a "active live visual" presented lap-by-lap.

That would make it too easy (predictable)

1) Yep,so hard to become champion there ,no matter if you have knowledge of elite manager or amateur :P

2) Me too.
Elzudin Vunic
(Group Amateur - 49)

Bosnia-Herzegovina 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #404 posted Sep 12th 2016, 19:55:23 Quote 
incredibly good thing to further improve interest becoming. Will no longer be one and the same managers who achieved the fastest lap in the first race circuits and then smoke and do not end the race, now will have a limit through Driver Energy. Very good thing!
Kevin Parkinson
(Group Retired)

GPRO Crew
Scotland 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #405 posted Sep 12th 2016, 19:55:24 Quote 
I absolutely don't want to stop people discussing things on the forum, but please remember that you shouldn't be posting "detailed information" about the game. Stuff such as the rate of recovery of energy is probably best kept to yourself or your team (so you can analyse it with different drivers and maybe get a jump on the competition).

The same applies to once there has been a race and you know amount of energy lost on certain tracks for your driver.

Enjoy having something to find out by yourself, or in your team, once again :)
Jon Day
(Group Rookie - 5)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #406 posted Sep 12th 2016, 19:57:20 Quote 
Quote ( Elzudin Vunic @ September 12th 2016,19:55:23 )

Kevin, Is this just you in new disguise? You cant fool me Pal!
Yago Nodari
(Group Rookie - 9)

Brazil 
Certified: 
Like this post (4)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #407 posted Sep 12th 2016, 20:30:37 Quote 
Quote ( Stuart Foster @ September 12th 2016,17:01:33 )

Ahhh, the resistance to change thing.

here's a graph :)

http://www.torbenrick.eu/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Rea...

are we at the crisis point ion the thread yet? :p

full article here : http://www.torbenrick.eu/blog/change-management/12-reasons-w...

lmao

---

The real time recovery seems to be a mistake. As several managers said before, it will favor those who qualified first. All energy thing should solve after the race, as everything in this game. Nothing can work right in this game using the "real time" concept. It causes imbalance on the game.

Besides that,

People loves to complain. First I think that the old way was more "simulator". How many times did we see drivers commiting mistakes because they're pushing too hard? Hitting walls or damage the car because of riding the kerbs too agressivily are very common!

Well, people cried a lot because of this kind of "randoms", the admins made the change, and now they can't handle this new situation. It's impossible to satisfy everybody, but I think the GPRO crew really does a great job. I'm here for 4 months, and always see them active on forums, trying to make this game better.
Ivan Silva
(Group Pro - 10)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Like this post (4)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #408 posted Sep 13th 2016, 01:27:38 Quote 
I read so many people complaining here. When the game is too easy you want change, now that we have change you complain about it. Learn to leave your confort zones, its good that you actually have new stuff to research. Too lazy to do it yourself and waiting for someone else to give you all the stuff?

Personally i think this will reduce the advantage experienced drivers have and that can have some impact on pro and Master but long term drivers require perfect planning from now on to have a chance of survival without OBP.
John Henderson
(Group Master - 5)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #409 posted Sep 13th 2016, 04:25:17 Quote 
Hopefully blocking will wear the energy levels down rapidly
Marcelo Ascencio
(Group Master - 3)

Argentina 
Certified: 
Old post #410 posted Sep 13th 2016, 06:06:27 Quote 
Quote ( Goran Slunjski @ September 12th 2016,19:39:49 )

I'm annoyed of those,so right now there's big smile on my face :]
Specially when they come last minute and park their cars in front of you LOL

What a feeling when you've been guarding your pole until last minute.. checking every hour..
Ron Thomas
(Group Amateur - 85)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #411 posted Sep 13th 2016, 08:53:55 Quote 
300,000 for a trip to the spa? Did we buy the place? Will this generate extra revenue for the team? :p
Doru Paraschiv
(Group Amateur - 34)

Romania 
Certified: 
Old post #412 posted Sep 13th 2016, 09:20:25 Quote 
But If I`ll have 100 CT for example and the race...80 laps....

If my driver will lose all energy after 50 laps for ex., the wear of car parts will be like at 0 CT? Because no pushing after energy will be at 0%....or I am wrong?

Sorry if this problem was posted by other guy(or not)........but no time to read all 400 posts :D

Cheers!
Niels Wolters
(Group Pro - 5)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Old post #413 posted Sep 13th 2016, 09:21:32 Quote 
Why 700,000 for Fitness training does make sence right??
Tomek Kiełpiński
(Group Amateur - 72)

Poland 
Certified: 
Old post #414 posted Sep 13th 2016, 09:53:44 Quote 
Quote ( Doru Paraschiv @ September 13th 2016,09:20:25 )

But If I`ll have 100 CT for example and the race...80 laps....

If my driver will lose all energy after 50 laps for ex., the wear of car parts will be like at 0 CT? Because no pushing after energy will be at 0%....or I am wrong?

Sorry if this problem was posted by other guy(or not)........but no time to read all 400 posts :D

Cheers!

This will be something we will have to FOBY, Doru :-)
Doru Paraschiv
(Group Amateur - 34)

Romania 
Certified: 
Old post #415 posted Sep 13th 2016, 09:57:06 Quote 
True, but it`s a logical thing :)
Jack Benson
(Group Pro - 6)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #416 posted Sep 13th 2016, 12:05:48 Quote 
Suppose we should just see how it works and judge afterwards perhaps.
David Rolleston1
(Group Amateur - 107)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #417 posted Sep 13th 2016, 12:07:01 Quote 
@Vlad and Stefan

It would be useful to know if on the race analysis screen the driver stats will be updated to include the drivers energy level at the end of the race?

Or does everyone have to be online at the end of the race to check what the energy is before it starts regaining?
Vladimir Alexandrov
(Administrator)

GPRO Crew
Bulgaria 
Certified: 
Like this post (24)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #418 posted Sep 13th 2016, 12:09:02 Quote 
Quote ( David Rolleston @ September 13th 2016,12:07:01 )

It would be useful to know if on the race analysis screen the driver stats will be updated to include the drivers energy level at the end of the race?

Yes, both the energy at the start of the race and at the end will be visible on the race analysis.
David Rolleston1
(Group Amateur - 107)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #419 posted Sep 13th 2016, 12:13:04 Quote 
Thank you sir
Stephen Cakebread
(Group Amateur - 11)

South Africa 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (5)
Old post #420 posted Sep 13th 2016, 12:27:26 (last edited Sep 13th 2016, 12:28:48 by Stephen Cakebread) Quote 
Maybe we could have a change with regards to driver training?
i was thinking we could train our driver as per normal and as an optional extra you can do "spa training" to recover energy?
That would mean should you want or need extra energy you could at an additional expense irrespective to your normal training regime....
It would therefore not affect your normal training schedule.
Page « 1 2 3 ... 13 [1415 ... 74 75 76 » Quick go to page:

Reply to this topic