Page « 1 2 3 ... 5 [67 ... 18 19 20 » Quick go to page:
Forum topic poll
Would you like cancellation of Driver Energy?
Sign in to vote or view the poll results
Author Topic: Cancel Driver Energy 571 replies
Edwin Silva
(Group Master - 3)

Colombia 
Certified: 
Like this post (6)   Dislike this post (3)
Old post #151 posted Sep 19th 2016, 03:50:30 Quote 
I'm still unconvinced about some things of the energy addition. The main one is the advantage for qualifying right away if your energy is at 0% or close to it. I'm positive it will be fixed, tho, and hopefully before next race. Also, I think it needs some balancing, but that's pretty much expected with such a big addition, so no deal there.

That being said, I'm positively surprised by the community response. Whether you agree or not with the addition, it has created a lot of activity, which is good. Also, even if you don't like it, you'll have to work to figure out the nuances of this and I find that great, after the stagnancy of most seasons where you didn't have to do anything but filling boxes in your excel files. That's also great.

This is coming for a manager who was severely handicapped by the addition. My new driver, who would have been more than decent for Master before the energy addition, will be a piece of garbage now, and canceling a 16 races contract isn't ideal either. Even then, I don't mind. Odds of retention this season were already slim for me after promoting by accident, the free sponsor turned out to be a piece of crap and OBP-ing will be impossible to overcome, so I won't care. However, I feel bad for managers who prepared drivers with a certain profile and all of a sudden ended with close to useless stat distributions. In that, the addition was unfair, especially because there wasn't any warning in advance (plus even a warning wouldn't have been too useful, because we needed at least 1 race to figure out some basics). Then again, this isn't something new. Most additions favor people who are there in the right time and harm people who are there in the wrong time.

The admins, especially Vlad, must be very careful, tho. I know testing is hard with a so limited crew, but you need to work hard with finely tweaking the energy issues and fixing the problems (such as the inmediate qualys advantage), or you will end with some pretty unbalanced situation which won't do any favor to the game. Also, I think next time there is a major addition (hopefully very soon, because the response for this one was big) there should be a transition period. It would have been superb if energy was enabled for a couple of races last season, preferably at the beginning, and then it was put to sleep until R1 this season, so people, especially those with long term development plans, could adapt better.
Paul Gardiner
(Group Master - 5)

Australia 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #152 posted Sep 19th 2016, 04:03:09 Quote 
Quote ( Daniel Douglas @ September 19th 2016,02:29:03 )

I would want to disadvantage those managers who are improperly managing their energy.

Going into negative energy would solve the advantage gain by people who can qualify early however there should be no added penalty for going negative otherwise you are disadvantaging the people who are forced to qualify immediately after a race. The energy regen in negatives should match the linear/non-linear regen of energy in positive.

Quote ( Michael Winkley @ September 19th 2016,00:21:18 )

Christoph, in fairness, Ioannis only got 75% race distance before hitting the wall. He ended up winning the race.
Hardly a promising sign.

This is one of the most surprising things from the last race.

Before the race I had assumed that on a standard track an Elite Driver would be able to run at 100CT with no issues but would not be able to regen the full quota of energy to be able to do it in the following race thus bringing some interesting driver management in.

This may still be the case. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next race though. Loving this change. Completely opens up the race strategy discussions again.
Michael Winkley
(Group Retired)

Wales 
Certified: 
Like this post (6)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #153 posted Sep 19th 2016, 07:33:29 Quote 
If you can only qualify early, not being able to qualify unless you had some energy could mean that you can't actually play the game.
Simplest solution is to remove qualifying energy drain.
Kevin Glassenbury
(Group Pro - 13)

Australia 
Certified: 
Like this post (5)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #154 posted Sep 19th 2016, 09:17:56 Quote 
Well the "Keep It" vote far outweighs the "Cancel It" vote so I guess the Manager Community has spoken! (70% to 30%)

Personally I like the change. Sure it will take a little getting used to, but the overwhelming positive is that it has made a better MANAGEMENT game.

More emphasis now on the strategy and planning aspects of the game to be successful. The better strategic thinkers will get the best results.

The haters will hate, but that's OK because they are entitled to their opinion. Small things like early qualification advantages are only a momentary blip on the radar. Perhaps you should even get a small advantage for committing early to a race strategy rather than sitting back and watching what every other manager does. For me its all good.

The associated energy changes bring new variables, new strategies and above all new learning experiences.

I am looking forward to how this season plays out. And I hope you are too!

Well done to the Admins for re-invigorating the game.

Roberto Morra
(Group Amateur - 87)

Italy 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (5)
Old post #155 posted Sep 19th 2016, 11:09:22 Quote 
I think, this is a change that compromise the plan and the project of more manager. The work of two-three seasons to prepare a pilot and a promotion was thrown away.
So I Vote... Cancell!
Jimmy De Roy
(Group Amateur - 80)

Belgium 
Certified: 
Like this post (6)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #156 posted Sep 19th 2016, 11:15:34 Quote 
funny to see that 75% of the complainers are in amateur, mostlikely the ones running 100CT to try and get promotion.

give this feature a chance and after the season admins can adjust if necessary
Marcus Keeley
(Group Amateur - 8)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #157 posted Sep 19th 2016, 11:18:36 (last edited Sep 19th 2016, 11:18:54 by Marcus Keeley) Quote 
Quote ( Jimmy De Roy @ September 19th 2016,11:15:34 )

funny to see that 75% of the complainers are in amateur, mostlikely the ones running 100CT to try and get promotion.

give this feature a chance and after the season admins can adjust if necessary

Not really that funny considering game employs a pyramid tiering system.
Chris Adnams
(Group Pro - 2)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (8)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #158 posted Sep 19th 2016, 11:41:03 Quote 
I don't usually post on these forums, but after reading this thread, I feel compelled to.

I just can't believe all the negativity I am seeing towards this change. We have had one race and people are already calling for its deletion? I personally think it's a great change that will require strategic thinking as opposed to just typing numbers into boxes. I have just promoted to Pro, I don't know whether this feature will help me to retain or not, but it will be fun finding out.

In life, quite often you are thrown curveballs you are not expecting and/or want. What do you do? You adapt and learn to deal with these changes. That's life. If my boss came up to me today and said "Chris, we are doing things this way from now on", I'm not going to tell him "no, I like things the way they were, please change it back", I would just have to go with it. It is the same here, whether you like it or not.

Yes, it may require a bit of tweaking. The point made about being able to qualify at 0% energy being an advantage is a valid one, but I'm sure the admins read feedback and will take concerns on board. The thing about new concepts is that in the vast majority of cases, they are not perfect to begin with. Sometimes time is needed for them to be fine tuned. This may be the case here, so why don't people give it a chance to blossom rather than overreacting and calling for its deletion? Enjoy the change for what it is, a new challenge and something new to work out.

*puts tin hat on*
Asim Akram
(Group Amateur - 57)

Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #159 posted Sep 19th 2016, 11:43:17 Quote 
To all those that don't like it just do Spa resort training after every race :)
Jimmy De Roy
(Group Amateur - 80)

Belgium 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #160 posted Sep 19th 2016, 11:48:30 Quote 
The complainers fail to see to good thing about it. You need to manage your race with less CT which means less parts wear which means saving money :D
Niels Wolters
(Group Pro - 5)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Like this post (4)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #161 posted Sep 19th 2016, 11:53:48 Quote 
Quote ( Jimmy De Roy @ September 19th 2016,11:48:30 )

The complainers fail to see to good thing about it. You need to manage your race with less CT which means less parts wear which means saving money :D

Or with higher risk, no energy and the need to do Spa training, meaning you can't train your driver.
It's a good addition, as in the old situation the front runners in Pro, all of Master and Elite where running 100CT
Christopher Jones
(Group Rookie - 52)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #162 posted Sep 19th 2016, 12:26:04 Quote 
Quote ( Michael Winkley @ September 19th 2016,07:33:29 )

If you can only qualify early, not being able to qualify unless you had some energy could mean that you can't actually play the game.
Simplest solution is to remove qualifying energy drain.

Ok I know I said I wouldn't discuss anymore on this , but how can someone that is retired really put input into something that is new to the game and hasn't raced with the new rule?

Why take energy off of qualifying, when real F1 drivers use energy when they qualify?

Also the disadvantage of not qualifying early: I have read managers want GPRO to be more like real F1, like I said earlier, if you have 0% energy you can't qualify!

I am saying want GPRO to be like real F1, when have you ever seen F1 qualify right after a race?

That's all I have to say! TY
David Duarte
(Group Amateur - 118)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #163 posted Sep 19th 2016, 12:28:39 Quote 
i usually don't comment but here are my 2 cents on the matter:

Each and every feaqture added to a game has a FOBY period...some get it right away, some don't...

this one on simple terms you can grasp the idea and adapt, but unless you haven't raced on every track yet, to discover something about its energy consumption, its like each track is a new track for the subject at hand...

now we can also talk abou fairness or about advantages or disadvantages...

to simply put it, since affects evryone has the same fairness for everyone one in theory...but lets look at advantages or disadvantages...

in the race it depensds on the risks you use, and the package you have, so you have to adapt...so the advantage or disadvabtage depends on what you have, and what strategy you use...like i said you don't know the energy consumptions unless you run once in a new track, but if you don't want to have a nasty surprise you should play safe...if you go agressive its on your own volition...

the problem it seems is the qualify...before the energy it was equal to everyone...and i mean equal as it didn't matter if you qualified right after the update or 5 mins before the rac (well you can debate about knowing the other managers time...but not on the subject)

in this particular case, and analysing all the possibilities, there will be cases where you can have advantages and cases where you will have disadvantages, and it happens not because you used right or wrong setup, but because of time constraint...

so, to resume it all:
- you don't know what you will get in a track unless you run it..
- if you don't to have a nasty surprise in the race play it safe...
- the qualify system is flawed because it is influenced by time constraints, leading to possible scenarios of advantage disadvantages...

you can agree or disagree withy me, sorry for the long post...

have a nice gameplay and best regards to everyone...
Jukka Sireni2
(Group Master - 4)

GPRO Crew
Finland 
Certified: 
Old post #164 posted Sep 19th 2016, 12:29:21 Quote 
Quote ( Christopher Jones @ September 19th 2016,12:26:04 )

I am saying want GPRO to be like real F1, when have you ever seen F1 qualify right after a race?

GPRO is not F1. GPRO kind of skips the time between race weekends, so the qualify starts instantly after the previous race ends. So you should be able to qualify instantly (but not get any benefit from it).
Helga Heinävesi
(Group Amateur - 99)

Finland 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #165 posted Sep 19th 2016, 12:47:36 Quote 
Why not just make driver energy to go technically sub-0% if you qualify with too less of it so that it will show every sub-0% as if it was 0% but it will take longer time to recover from 0% to 1% in these cases?
Christopher Jones
(Group Rookie - 52)

United States 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #166 posted Sep 19th 2016, 12:48:43 Quote 
Quote ( Jukka Sireni @ September 19th 2016,12:29:21 )

Quote ( Christopher Jones @ September 19th 2016,12:26:04 )

GPRO is not F1. GPRO kind of skips the time between race weekends, so the qualify starts instantly after the previous race ends. So you should be able to qualify instantly (but not get any benefit from it).

Don't get me wrong, I understand exactly what you saying, but I if you look at the big picture, why can't you wait 12hrs or maybe 24 hrs after race to qualify. Many do now as is. Doesn't me you can't practice. This will eliminate the disadvantage for others that can't qualify at 0% after the race. But I don't think that GPRO should take out the energy usage during qualify. I like that how you have manage how aggressive you going to be during qualifying and depending how much energy you will burn during qualifying based on how aggressive you. It makes the game more strategic in my opinion!
Christopher Jones
(Group Rookie - 52)

United States 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (2)
Old post #167 posted Sep 19th 2016, 12:51:13 Quote 
Quote ( Helga Heinävesi @ September 19th 2016,12:47:36 )

Why not just make driver energy to go technically sub-0% if you qualify with too less of it so that it will show every sub-0% as if it was 0% but it will take longer time to recover from 0% to 1% in these cases?

So you saying if they qualify at 0% for example they end up with -12%?
Helga Heinävesi
(Group Amateur - 99)

Finland 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #168 posted Sep 19th 2016, 12:56:43 Quote 
Quote ( Christopher Jones @ September 19th 2016,12:51:13 )

Yes and the visible part would stay at 0% for as long as it takes take to gain 13%.
Veres Tamás
(Group Pro - 10)

Hungary 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (2)
Old post #169 posted Sep 19th 2016, 12:58:57 (last edited Sep 19th 2016, 12:59:34 by Veres Tamás) Quote 
If it has logic in this system, and we can know it, this would be great...if not, and energy-loss will be "random" i hope this will be deleted
Christopher Jones
(Group Rookie - 52)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #170 posted Sep 19th 2016, 13:01:51 Quote 
Quote ( Helga Heinävesi @ September 19th 2016,12:56:43 )

Quote ( Christopher Jones @ September 19th 2016,12:51:13 )

Yes and the visible part would stay at 0% for as long as it takes take to gain 13%.

I would like that as long as it is only for qualifying and not the race , that way managers still have strategize their risk during race and if they hit 0%, they slow down due to no energy.
Christopher Jones
(Group Rookie - 52)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #171 posted Sep 19th 2016, 13:08:19 Quote 
Quote ( Veres Tamás @ September 19th 2016,12:58:57 )

If it has logic in this system, and we can know it, this would be great...if not, and energy-loss will be "random" i hope this will be deleted

Do you think energy lost is a random?

I don't. I ran last race with risk and didn't use up my energy. But I know I will not have full energy when I start this next race also.
Veres Tamás
(Group Pro - 10)

Hungary 
Certified: 
Old post #172 posted Sep 19th 2016, 13:20:46 Quote 
Quote ( Christopher Jones @ September 19th 2016,13:08:19 )

yes. In my team my team mate has almost same driver ( -2concentration +2exp -3stamina +2kg weigh..only this is the very low the different between our drivers) and his driver lost the energy 8-10laps earlier than me (risks was same,car is also same)
Christopher Jones
(Group Rookie - 52)

United States 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #173 posted Sep 19th 2016, 13:26:49 Quote 
Quote ( Veres Tamás @ September 19th 2016,13:20:46 )

Quote ( Christopher Jones @ September 19th 2016,13:08:19 )

yes. In my team my team mate has almost same driver ( -2concentration +2exp -3stamina +2kg weigh..only this is the very low the different between our drivers) and his driver lost the energy 8-10laps earlier than me (risks was same,car is also same)

I don't believe that is random, based on they said that some drivers preserve energy better than other drivers. You or your friend will have to learn what abilities that affects that.
Veres Tamás
(Group Pro - 10)

Hungary 
Certified: 
Old post #174 posted Sep 19th 2016, 13:29:24 Quote 
Quote ( Christopher Jones @ September 19th 2016,13:26:49 )

don't believe that is random, based on they said that some drivers preserve energy better than other drivers. You or your friend will have to learn what abilities that affects that.

this is the most easiest/simplest answer...this is your opinion, but I don't see logic in the energy system currently.
Christopher Jones
(Group Rookie - 52)

United States 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (2)
Old post #175 posted Sep 19th 2016, 13:33:18 (last edited Sep 19th 2016, 13:34:54 by Christopher Jones) Quote 
Quote ( Veres Tamás @ September 19th 2016,13:29:24 )

Quote ( Christopher Jones @ September 19th 2016,13:26:49 )

don't believe that is random, based on they said that some drivers preserve energy better than other drivers. You or your friend will have to learn what abilities that affects that.

this is the most easiest/simplest answer...this is your opinion, but I don't see logic in the energy system currently.

Technically i just stated what was in the rule for energy use so it is not my opinion. And their is logic in the energy system to GPRO and they stated that in the announcement.
Rastislav Padysak
(Group Amateur - 120)

Slovakia 
Certified: 
Old post #176 posted Sep 19th 2016, 13:42:52 (last edited Sep 19th 2016, 13:46:25 by Rastislav Padysak) Quote 
The rules:

2.3 Driver race risks and driver energy

...The higher risks you take in the race, the faster the driver energy will drop during the race.... ...Depending on their skills, some drivers may be better at preserving their energy during a race. On the other hand some tracks may be more demanding than others for the drivers. It is important to note that very few drivers can drive a whole race with maximum risks!...

Edit: Please see that "skills section"
Jimmy De Roy
(Group Amateur - 80)

Belgium 
Certified: 
Like this post (5)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #177 posted Sep 19th 2016, 13:43:33 Quote 
Quote ( Veres Tamás @ September 19th 2016,13:20:46 )

I think you are wrong
Luis Piedra
(Group Pro - 16)

Spain 
Certified: 
Like this post (4)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #178 posted Sep 19th 2016, 13:47:10 Quote 
Not remove. but a bar of information lost during the race and another for wearing circuits know, I'd be really good.
Slobodan Vukovic
(Group Pro - 1)

Serbia 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (3)
Old post #179 posted Sep 19th 2016, 13:53:07 Quote 
Quote ( Luis Piedra @ September 19th 2016,13:47:10 )

Not remove. but a bar of information lost during the race and another for wearing circuits know, I'd be really good.
And possibility to set CT per stint...4 example stint #1 CT 40,stint #2 CT 20,stint #3 CT80 etc...
Luke Frost
(Group Amateur - 22)

Australia 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #180 posted Sep 19th 2016, 13:54:51 (last edited Sep 19th 2016, 13:55:35 by Luke Frost) Quote 
I hope that people revealing detailed data about this feature are being dealt with in a way that is according to the rules regarding FOBY & sharing. These kinds of people really make a good thing go to be bad because of laziness :/
Page « 1 2 3 ... 5 [67 ... 18 19 20 » Quick go to page:

Reply to this topic