Page [12 » Quick go to page:
Author Topic: Official Second Account 38 replies
Ioannis Kalogirou
(Group Pro - 8)

Greece 
Certified: 
Like this post (6)   Dislike this post (32)
Old post #1 posted Feb 4th 2018, 19:46:16 (last edited Feb 4th 2018, 19:57:36 by Ioannis Kalogirou) Quote 
- Well my Friends.!!!
...the situation Season by Season it gets worse.!!!
...we have Now AMA Groups with 33 managers Only and 3 to relegate.
...The Interesting Slow Down.!!! ...thats a Fact.-

- So he can The Solution to come from INSIDE.!!! ...from the Active Managers.!!! ...from as.!!!

Second Official Account for everybody want.!!! (from AMA and Upper.!!!)
...the Old will be done ...I (one) ...and the New II (two) with the same Data.-

1. To do that will must have a little COST.!!! (to be Happy the GPRO)
...if we are on the Main Account Supporters the extra cost will be 1/2 (half =0,25 Euros)
...if we are Not Supporters the Second Account Cost 0,5 Euros (Like Normal)

2. The New Second Accounts Put on AMA croups with Parts on Level 3 (or else you like)

3. The New Accounts will be exactly the same Power as the Mains and Managed from the Main Account (on separate Part)

This Idea maybe will give a New Interesting and the Opportunity to the GPRO to Find something Better.!!!
If you like it can be Have to many others Ideas Inside to Suggest.!!!

...I Know How waiting so long Time to Dislike me.!!!
...No problem my Dears.!!! ...do it.!!!

Good Night from Beautiful Sithonia/Chalkidiki/Greece.!!!
:)
Jani Kaipainen
(Group Amateur - 2)

Finland 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #2 posted Feb 4th 2018, 19:54:25 (last edited Feb 4th 2018, 19:55:47 by Jani Kaipainen) Quote 
i will just say that i think atleast some of new managers leave the game because when they join, they are put to a group where theres 5-10 active managers. then theres 1 that can do well in ama. they get promoted, find that ama is much harder and leave. i'd say throwing managers that start at same season break or race into same group would make them stay here 1 or 2 seasons longer because theyre unable to promote without some help. call me stupid but i think this could work. i wont say against or not at ioannis's suggestion.

or put a target lap time without ct would be working too. then theyd see what it needs to stay in ama.
Robin Goodey
(Group Pro - 17)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #3 posted Feb 4th 2018, 19:55:28 (last edited Feb 4th 2018, 19:56:50 by Robin Goodey) Quote 
Despite your obvious attempt at a dig, I am not totally opposed to such an idea - in fact I suggested certain restrictions - and also one obvious problem - to a 2nd account in a thread nearly a year ago - see the quote

Quote ( Robin Goodey @ March 29th 2017,17:01:31 )

Just playing devil's advocate - if you have every manager with two cars - chances are that the 'better' managers will do (funnily enough) better with BOTH cars. So now you have 40 Elites with 80 cars, 200 Masters with 400 cars etc.
So it will be at least twice as hard for anyone else to break into the upper levels....

I do think it would be interesting to have two cars - but if you did that, you would have to put some restrictions on the 2nd account.

Off the top of my head: 2nd account cannot get to elite. 2nd account can only get to master if the 'main' account is IN Elite. 2nd account can only get to pro if the main account is in master or elite.
Then you run into issues of the 2nd account being in a promotion spot - but not allowed to promote, and a 'not prepared' manager having to promote in his place etc. Also - 2nd account having to demote due to main account relegating...

So - while it would indeed double the number of accounts, it's really not as simple as that.

It is a lot more complicated than just getting people to pay for a 2nd account - and the problems that would be associated with it are probably greater than the benefits.
Jasper Coosemans1
(Group Master - 4)

Belgium 
Certified: 
Like this post (6)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #4 posted Feb 4th 2018, 19:59:39 Quote 
I'm not against the idea as a principle, but what I don't like about it is the idea of having 2 accounts of the same player in the same group, which will inevitably happen in Elite. In fact Elite could easily be filled by 25 players + 15 of their second accounts, which I don't think is nice at all.

Then you can create a rule saying that a 2nd account cannot promote to Elite if the 1st account is already there, but it will lead to strange situations in the Master groups.
George Togas
(Group Master - 5)

Greece 
Certified: 
Old post #5 posted Feb 4th 2018, 20:47:02 Quote 
In the end,after 10-15 seasons we will have 20-25 managers in Elite. Bobolis,Dimitroglou,Caro,Postle etc x2.
And you Ioannis will be fighting to retain Pro once evry 5 seasons that you will promote from Amateur.
Andrew Watson
(Group Master - 2)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (2)
Old post #6 posted Feb 4th 2018, 21:12:02 Quote 
Why not.

Just reduce race income on 2nd account by 5%. It's an added challenge for those who want it, stops the top of the game being dominated by a smaller number of managers.

Might make amateur a bit less friendly for real novices, though.
Jean Chapados
(Group Amateur - 12)

Canada 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #7 posted Feb 4th 2018, 21:44:36 Quote 
I don't think this is the solution to make this game more popular. My 2 suggestions are:

1- The rookie needs to be more supported. Not everyone has the patience to read all the forums, the wiki and the FAQ. Not everone has the patience to wait 3 or 4 season to learn all the basic. I think a good tutorial video might helped. Give the rookie the basic, so they can get the game quicker and get more interest.

2- Today everything is a question of marketing. It is up to Vlad to find how much money he wants to invest to get the right ROI (Return Of Investment).
Charles Shaw
(Group Rookie - 185)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (4)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #8 posted Feb 4th 2018, 22:03:42 Quote 
I have to agree with Jean as a rookie who started season 62 race 3 I have found through reading the forum posts that a lot of players are very secretive and seem not to want to help the rookie. I do not agree with spoonfeeding (foby) but a nudge in the right direction may well make rookies feel less intimidated and more welcome in the the game and therefore stay around a while longer. I enjoy GPRO and the work that goes into the calculations for each race but not everyone is the same or has the same abilities. GPRO should be fun for everyone. I would encourage rookies to look to join a friendly team as I have just done which may well help you on your journey. Good luck to all managers for this season. Rant over thanks for reading.
Jan Velske3
(Group Master - 2)

Germany 
Certified: 
Old post #9 posted Feb 4th 2018, 22:55:24 Quote 
If you have the patience to build a second account to Elite-level you deserve the double presence there imo. Rookie, Amateur and even Pro is so easy nowadays that a liitle competition doesnt hurt.
Jani Kaipainen
(Group Amateur - 2)

Finland 
Certified: 
Old post #10 posted Feb 5th 2018, 00:47:45 Quote 
i like the idea of video. one just needs to holiday a rookie account for that. if some1 wants to do it then go ahead. making a video has been suggested earlier but no1 took the charge of that...
Graham Mercer
(Group Pro - 9)

Australia 
Certified: 
Like this post (5)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #11 posted Feb 5th 2018, 00:55:17 Quote 
No 2nd accounts, not ever.
David Rolleston1
(Group Elite)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #12 posted Feb 5th 2018, 01:14:36 Quote 
Quote ( Jean Chapados @ February 4th 2018,21:44:36 )

I don't think this is the solution to make this game more popular. My 2 suggestions are:

1- The rookie needs to be more supported. Not everyone has the patience to read all the forums, the wiki and the FAQ. Not everone has the patience to wait 3 or 4 season to learn all the basic. I think a good tutorial video might helped. Give the rookie the basic, so they can get the game quicker and get more interest.

2- Today everything is a question of marketing. It is up to Vlad to find how much money he wants to invest to get the right ROI (Return Of Investment).

/gb/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=27449#scroll

Some helpful videos for newbies.

I like the idea of a 2nd legitimate account, wehn can sign up
George Slater4
(Group Amateur - 123)

Canada 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #13 posted Feb 5th 2018, 01:47:27 Quote 
Quote ( Jean Chapados @ February 4th 2018,21:44:36 )

If they can't even make an effort to read the basic outline of the game, there is no way they will ever succeed in this game. Maybe they could do well in rookie, but a lot more effort is required to succeed above rookie than it takes to read the rules.

Having said that, A video showing wouldn't necessarily be bad in that it could show where everything can be found. When I first joined the game, and even after I had the rules, I had no clue where anything was. I knew what sponsors did, but I'd have to look take a look around the site for a minute to find the sponsors negotiation button. Ask me to find the best paid drivers in rookie and I'd be lost for days. I think that intimidates some people who are willing to put in the effort of learning the game and have read the rules, but still feel confused.
David Brister
(Group Rookie - 8)

Australia 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #14 posted Feb 5th 2018, 02:48:51 Quote 
Quote ( Jan Velske @ February 4th 2018,22:55:24 )

Rookie, Amateur and even Pro is so easy nowadays

I beg to differ, now into my 12th season, only had 2 seasons in Pro and that was hard
Eoin Farrelly
(Group Amateur - 105)

Ireland 
Certified: 
Like this post (8)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #15 posted Feb 5th 2018, 02:55:55 Quote 
Why are we trying to fix the problem of a decline in numbers by making 2nd accounts available? Can someone not just put their big boy boots on and accept that the numbers playing have declined and groups need to be scaled down accordingly?

Doing so doesn't mean the trend of declining players is going to continue, but it surely will if you do nothing about it.
Richard Crowhurst
(Group Amateur - 30)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #16 posted Feb 5th 2018, 14:51:17 Quote 
Quote ( Eoin Farrelly @ February 5th 2018,02:55:55 )

Can someone not just put their big boy boots on and accept that the numbers playing have declined and groups need to be scaled down accordingly?

From a marketing point of view, if this was done correctly it would create a waiting list thus making the game look more desirable to those on the outside.
How many times have you passed a restaurant, club, etc., seen a queue outside and thought that it must be a good place to go? If people have to join a waiting list to get in it could add perceived value to those outside.
Maybe only allowing new players in during close season would be a start?
Brad Park
(Group Amateur - 63)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #17 posted Feb 5th 2018, 15:15:14 Quote 
Why not just do what real teams in real life and have 2 cars and 2 drivers under one account. That would be awesome and people would have to budget even more.
Martin Irla
(Group Master - 4)

Uruguay 
Certified: 
Old post #18 posted Feb 5th 2018, 15:37:32 (last edited Feb 5th 2018, 15:47:20 by Martin Irla) Quote 
I can forsee many disadvantages but also many advantages of having 2 accounts....But if i weigh both,think that there are more advantages than disadvantages....Yes with one restriction.No two cars in the same group,and in Elite as its only 1 group you cant have both your cars there.That maybe would put off some managers,but you cant please everyone and have it all...And if a manager is much better than me and have his two cars in front of me,well done to him,and it would only lead me to try to improve and try to do things better.....
One hing it should be very carefully thought is that if this is ever implemented,is the drivers and td market.It woud go absolutely crazy as hundreds or even thousands of managers will go in the game,specially in Rookie and Ama....
Richard Robin Paukson
(Group Amateur - 64)

Estonia 
Certified: 
Old post #19 posted Feb 5th 2018, 16:01:48 Quote 
If people were allowed to have 2nd accounts there would always be someone who can take advantage of that, unless there's a lot of restrictions. I personally don't think that the game needs to become harder because I'm quite bad at it already and for a new player it's a lot to take in. Even if tutorials and other stuff was introduced to make it easy there would still be the fact that there are 3-4 days between races, which is not very appealing to younger people when they can play a real-time game instead. I think that the community is what will have to make the players stay. When someone creates an account, they should be encouraged by the game (either by notifications or some other way) to look around in the forum and to join a team. Maybe teams that are known to accept new managers should be highlighted some way in the team search?
Michael Keeney
(Group Pro - 17)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #20 posted Feb 5th 2018, 16:11:36 Quote 
This won't affect a huge amount of GPRO anyway. It'll just allow people to have a 3rd account.

My only input to this thread would be to open up a 2nd world.

Vlad has said this categorically won't happen.

So I will wait patiently for Private leagues where I don't have to race against DAs, 3rd accounts, 4th accounts and such.
Martin Irla
(Group Master - 4)

Uruguay 
Certified: 
Old post #21 posted Feb 5th 2018, 16:20:22 Quote 
I agree that Private Leagues in part will solve a problem....What im afraid of is that unless theres a lot of banter and healthy competition in them,after a while managers might get bored of racing always against the same people....at first there would be plenty,but i have doubts of how many will be succesfull and carry on in time, lots will become a managers grave yard as Rookie is....but im also looking forward for them to arrive....
Victor Kamennov
(Group Amateur - 87)

Russian Federation 
Certified: 
Old post #22 posted Feb 5th 2018, 16:23:04 Quote 
I was waiting reaction from Michael)))
Michael Keeney
(Group Pro - 17)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #23 posted Feb 5th 2018, 16:26:37 Quote 
Quote ( Martin Irla @ February 5th 2018,16:20:22 )

I agree that Private Leagues in part will solve a problem....What im afraid of is that unless theres a lot of banter and healthy competition in them,after a while managers might get bored of racing always against the same people....at first there would be plenty,but i have doubts of how many will be succesfull and carry on in time, lots will become a managers grave yard as Rookie is....but im also looking forward for them to arrive....

I suspect people will set some sort of financial reward for competing in their league etc?

I plan on running an English league, friends league, international ( 1 person per nation league etc)

I suppose it'll all depend on how much upkeep the private leagues require and the cost.
David Rolleston1
(Group Elite)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #24 posted Feb 5th 2018, 16:29:15 Quote 
Quote ( Michael Keeney @ February 5th 2018,16:26:37 )

I plan on running an English league, friends league, international ( 1 person per nation league etc)

Or as many as it takes until you get a gold cup? :-)

Count me in
Michael Keeney
(Group Pro - 17)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #25 posted Feb 5th 2018, 16:49:25 Quote 
Lol

Ill never be good enough for a gold cup. Ill forever be B class.
Jon Day
(Group Pro - 11)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #26 posted Feb 5th 2018, 17:12:32 (last edited Feb 5th 2018, 17:14:20 by Jon Day) Quote 
Quote ( Michael Keeney @ February 5th 2018,16:26:37 )

friends league
Quote ( David Rolleston @ February 5th 2018,16:29:15 )

Or as many as it takes until you get a gold cup? :-)
Meh! You beat me to it :D Lmao.

Ive seen Keeneys friends list, Even if he didnt qualify he would still be guaranteed a podium every race.

Quote ( Ioannis Kalogirou @ February 4th 2018,19:46:16 )

...I Know How waiting so long Time to Dislike me.!!!
Stop making it sooo easy to do then :P

seriously though Ioannis, I dont much like this idea. Sorry :-(
Michael Keeney
(Group Pro - 17)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #27 posted Feb 5th 2018, 17:17:39 Quote 
Quote ( Jon Day @ February 5th 2018,17:12:32 )

I dont much like this idea. Sorry :-(

Calm down yoda ;-)
Roy Mitchell
(Group Amateur - 85)

Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #28 posted Feb 5th 2018, 17:21:44 (last edited Feb 5th 2018, 17:43:18 by Roy Mitchell) Quote 
You don't believe that and neither do I. 3 seasons in Elite is a long, long way from B class.

You puzzle me sometimes...

Go get 'em Michael, it's your turn. Move it... I'll need your spot in the near future.

Ooops! On topic the player retention is a problem that can be improved. Private leagues... sure, at an increase in price.

Cost is a sticking point for supporter status but let's add more?

How about a third race league for Rookie lvl. Run Rookie races 3 times a week. Only new 'Rookies' and count the regular group racing days on the season.

It would give the quick satisfaction factor and help 'Rookies' to be engaged and experienced..

New 'Rookies' being no one that resets or relegates. Just a thought...

edit: lol
Michael Keeney
(Group Pro - 17)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #29 posted Feb 5th 2018, 17:28:34 Quote 
It's the best I could manage with 1 account Roy :-(

Choosing michis proves i'm B class ;-)
Jukka Sireni2
(Group Rookie - 69)

GPRO Crew
Finland 
Certified: 
Old post #30 posted Feb 5th 2018, 17:50:22 Quote 
Quote ( Brad Park @ February 5th 2018,15:15:14 )

Why not just do what real teams in real life and have 2 cars and 2 drivers under one account. That would be awesome and people would have to budget even more.

That idea has some merits. But...

- what would decide the promotion, driver or team title?
- would the other title be totally meaningless?
- would most people pick one driver to score points and one driver to cruise and train
- would the drivers have their own cars (so basically 2 accounts with 1 budget) or could you change the cars between drivers? Or even parts?
Page [12 » Quick go to page:

Reply to this topic