Page [1
Author Topic: Testing > CCP > ?? 22 replies
Vin Struder
(Group Amateur - 71)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #1 posted Mar 8th 2018, 21:40:28 Quote 
After reading through the "testing" https://wiki.gpro.net/index.php?title=Testing Section and the forums, I am still confused and not sure if I missed something Or if it's one of those items we are expected to discover ourselves.

If I missed something, here is my question:

After all the testing is completed and all the stages of transformation completed and car character points added to the car, how long does the car stay "improved" from the addition of CCP? and can you see the deterioration of additional CCP from testing anywhere in the game, or do you have to track/estimate that yourself?

BTW - I have not done any testing yet, just preparing/planning for future testing sessions.

Thanks.
Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo
(Group Pro - 17)

Mexico 
Certified: 
Like this post (4)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #2 posted Mar 8th 2018, 21:43:31 Quote 
You´ll need to figure out by yourself since certain conditions influence the duration of your CCP points.

You can track them in the Car Character Points History that you can access from the testing page below the CCP points.
Gabriel Arbona
(Group Pro - 3)

Argentina 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #3 posted Mar 8th 2018, 21:46:17 Quote 
the loss of the points achieved will be progressive, and you will be able to see it for yourself
Florencia Caro
(Group Master - 3)

GPRO Crew
Argentina 
Certified: 
Like this post (5)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #4 posted Mar 8th 2018, 21:58:56 Quote 
Not sure if I understood correctly, so let's try and see:
Quote ( Vin Struder @ March 8th 2018,21:40:28 )

and can you see the deterioration of additional CCP from testing anywhere in the game, or do you have to track/estimate that yourself?

/CCPHistory.asp

You do not need to keep track manually of the CCP variations, you have all the CCP history available there to analyze, as long as you stay as a supporter.

Quote ( Vin Struder @ March 8th 2018,21:40:28 )

After all the testing is completed and all the stages of transformation completed and car character points added to the car, how long does the car stay "improved" from the addition of CCP?

This is FOBY, yes. But as a general orientation, the higher the points are, the faster they deteriorate.
Marian Enache
(Group Amateur - 76)

Romania 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #5 posted Feb 27th 2019, 17:11:04 Quote 
Hello,

Is it normal to lose a point the next race aftfer I just received them? I expected to last a few races before I begin to lose them. It;s the very first points received in testing, that's why I think is weird.

10x and I hope it;s not a FOBY question.
Kyle Morris
(Group Amateur - 16)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #6 posted Feb 27th 2019, 17:15:36 Quote 
Depends how much CCP you have. If you don't keep up with it, they will degrade slowly over time. Its hard to say how much by, but it could be you had a lot and its just degraded
Mikko Heikkinen
(Group Master - 3)

Finland 
Certified: 
Old post #7 posted Feb 27th 2019, 17:42:13 (last edited Feb 27th 2019, 17:51:45 by Mikko Heikkinen) Quote 
Quote ( Marian Enache @ February 27th 2019,17:11:04 )

and I hope it;s not a FOBY question.

The particulars kind'a are.

But I can say this: Tested CCP do degrade, and also how much you get from a single testing session depends on multiple factors.

As result of this, the benefits of testing may be limited specially in rookie/amateur.
by this I don't mean that it would be completely pointless, just saying not to expect to get too much out of it
George Slater4
(Group Master - 1)

Canada 
Certified: 
Like this post (4)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #8 posted Feb 27th 2019, 18:13:37 Quote 
Quote ( Marian Enache @ February 27th 2019,17:11:04 )

Is it normal to lose a point the next race aftfer I just received them?

I'm assuming you saw the number go down by one from where it was last race. So you obviously lost some CCP but that doesn't necessarily mean you lost a point of CCP.

But indeed CCP do degrade over time, starting from when you get them.

Hopefully that helps.
Bora Janić
(Group Amateur - 17)

Serbia 
Certified: 
Old post #9 posted Feb 27th 2019, 18:29:49 Quote 
You have some test points after testing. That test points convert into R&D, then in Engineering and in the end (after 3 races) in Car Character points. So you don't have ccp yet and you don't lose anything.
Jan Velske3
(Group Master - 3)

Germany 
Certified: 
Like this post (4)   Dislike this post (2)
Old post #10 posted Feb 27th 2019, 18:32:07 (last edited Feb 27th 2019, 18:36:43 by Jan Velske) Quote 
Test points work like radioactive elements.

If you know physics a bit that will give you more than enough information :p
Ivan Silva
(Group Master - 3)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Old post #11 posted Feb 27th 2019, 18:35:23 Quote 
I dont know any physics so i dont get your reference.
Jan Velske3
(Group Master - 3)

Germany 
Certified: 
Old post #12 posted Feb 27th 2019, 18:38:11 Quote 
I think I gave him a fair shot, as there is google and wikipedia, etc
Marian Enache
(Group Amateur - 76)

Romania 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #13 posted Feb 27th 2019, 20:25:00 Quote 
I know you lose CCP over time. I was shocked I lost some of them the next race, considering those were my first points ever. I knew they lasted a few races before you start to lose them. But George' reply really helped, I probably lost a few decimals of a point and when the game shows it like I lost a whole point.

10x for all the replies
Mato Nikic
(Group Pro - 16)

Croatia 
Certified: 
Old post #14 posted Feb 27th 2019, 20:30:42 Quote 
Quote ( Jan Velske @ February 27th 2019,18:32:07 )

Test points work like radioactive elements.

If you know physics a bit that will give you more than enough information :p

LOL
yes, but the half-life cycle is very,very short

:)))
Martin Irla
(Group Amateur - 7)

Uruguay 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #15 posted Feb 27th 2019, 20:40:22 Quote 
Think some guys are talking of diferent things....
After testing you get points,but those dont go to your car till the 3rd race.
Before that they go through diferent stations and there you notice the loss of points is a fair amount.Once they get to the last line after the 3rd race,those points are added to your car and degrade much slower.As many guys said,the more you have the more they degrade,but much slower than in the 3 diferent stations....
Sébastien Boulanger
(Group Amateur - 79)

France 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (14)
Old post #16 posted Feb 27th 2019, 21:04:12 Quote 
Quote ( Marian Enache @ February 27th 2019,20:25:00 )

I know you lose CCP over time. I was shocked I lost some of them the next race, considering those were my first points ever. I knew they lasted a few races before you start to lose them. But George' reply really helped, I probably lost a few decimals of a point and when the game shows it like I lost a whole point.

10x for all the replies

Can we stop ?

The answer was here, decimal place... If someone can't understand it.... Just live the game, there is rounding anywhere :)
Martin Irla
(Group Amateur - 7)

Uruguay 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #17 posted Feb 27th 2019, 22:51:01 Quote 
Quote ( Sébastien Boulanger @ February 27th 2019,21:04:12 )

Can we stop ?

The answer was here, decimal place... If someone can't understand it.... Just live the game, there is rounding anywhere :)

Stop why???
Someone asked a question and anybody is entitled to answer it the way he or she wants....if you dont like the post you dont have to read it,you can erase it even from your forum topics if you want....
Dainius Vaškys
(Group Pro - 7)

Lithuania 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #18 posted Feb 27th 2019, 23:13:36 (last edited Feb 27th 2019, 23:13:57 by Dainius Vaškys) Quote 
Quote ( Martin Irla @ February 27th 2019,22:51:01 )

Stop why???
Someone asked a question and anybody is entitled to answer it the way he or she wants....if you dont like the post you dont have to read it,you can erase it even from your forum topics if you want....

So basically you are saying, that anyone can answer with anything, going way off topic, with 0 intention of helping or answering the question, no wonder people don't read most of the old thread's, because they always go off topic and no one give's a s about it ...
Martin Irla
(Group Amateur - 7)

Uruguay 
Certified: 
Old post #19 posted Feb 27th 2019, 23:20:42 Quote 
Can you please tell me who went way out off topic in this case Dainius???
Besides i never said that....Sebastian just said to "stop it",and that means ALL of it,not only the ones that had gone out of topic...
Dainius Vaškys
(Group Pro - 7)

Lithuania 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #20 posted Feb 27th 2019, 23:23:56 (last edited Feb 27th 2019, 23:25:10 by Dainius Vaškys) Quote 
Quote ( Martin Irla @ February 27th 2019,23:20:42 )

Can you please tell me who went way out off topic in this case Dainius???

Jan Velske ?

Edit: oh and me, don't forget me, but people answered to the question already, so I joined in
Martin Irla
(Group Amateur - 7)

Uruguay 
Certified: 
Old post #21 posted Feb 27th 2019, 23:27:13 Quote 
Well.Jan Velske is just the answer that Sebastien said we should look,jaja....unless i misunderstood it or my english is not good enough to understand it,its the tenth answer.....
Marian Enache
(Group Amateur - 76)

Romania 
Certified: 
Old post #22 posted Feb 28th 2019, 16:54:35 Quote 
10x for all the replies
Can we stop ?

I was just civilized and thanked the guys who replied to my, let's call it problem, by making it clear that I understood what they said. Sorry I lost you 10 seconds to read my reply, you are an awesome guy with a great attitude. It;s probably what got you so far in this game.

Have fun!!
Sébastien Boulanger
(Group Amateur - 38)

France 
Certified: 
Old post #23 posted Apr 29th 2022, 11:02:38 Quote 

Quote ( Marian Enache @ February 27th 2019,20:25:00 )

10x for all the replies
Can we stop ?

@Marian Enache (Ret)
I realize that this post is my worst disliked !

At this time, i have lost my father from some months and i'm in some troubles missing analyze on topics.

To answer the original question, you gain CCP by testing, but they are not linear and eventually related to your staff or TD

The other problem is than when you don't test, you will probably loose CCP

It's a hard problem ^

Page [1

Reply to this topic