Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > General forum > GPRO Promotion Options Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist
Page [1
Author Topic: GPRO Promotion Options 14 replies
Stefano Scanzani
(Group Amateur - 33)

Italy 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #1 posted Apr 3rd 2018, 09:45:11 Quote 
Why doesn't GPRO advertise itself on other platforms such as Youtube? It can be something small like having a few second advertisement using youtubers that comment on Formula 1 news. Of course there is always the issue of how to raise enough money to do so but I think it would be very beneficial for the game.
Let me know what you guys think. :)
Robert Green
(Group Rookie - 18)

United States 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #2 posted Apr 3rd 2018, 15:39:31 Quote 
No, just no. I think that would open up GPRO to a massive influx of "one and done" players. I believe that the way it is now, while not ideal, works well.
Daniel Douglas
(Group Pro - 5)

United States 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #3 posted Apr 3rd 2018, 15:44:07 Quote 
Theory of both recruiting and sales:

For every 1000 nos (one and done on this case) there is a single yes (long term player in this case) .

Every yes is a win... one more than you've got if you didn't try.
George Slater4
(Group Amateur - 69)

Canada 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #4 posted Apr 3rd 2018, 15:47:12 Quote 
Quote ( Robert Green @ April 3rd 2018,15:39:31 )

No, just no. I think that would open up GPRO to a massive influx of "one and done" players.

So? "one and done" players don't hurt the game, they just never get anywhere past rookie. But you might get a few who stick around, and that benefits GPRO.
Stefano Scanzani
(Group Amateur - 33)

Italy 
Certified: 
Old post #5 posted Apr 3rd 2018, 18:28:24 Quote 
Quote ( Robert Green @ April 3rd 2018,15:39:31 )

No, just no. I think that would open up GPRO to a massive influx of "one and done" players. I believe that the way it is now, while not ideal, works well.

The point is to expose this game to as many players as possible. Plus now with the new race screen I think there's a higher chance that people do continue playing this game.
Jasper Coosemans1
(Group Master - 4)

Belgium 
Certified: 
Old post #6 posted Apr 3rd 2018, 18:32:52 Quote 
Such ad campaigns are not for free either. GPRO advertised on Facebook maybe 2 years ago (?), and bought itself a spot as a Sponsored Feature on Autosport.com a few months ago. So it's not as if advertisement is not happening. It's just also a matter of how much do you spend on it and what's the return on that investment (increased supporter subscriptions and advertisement income).
Claudio Szynkier
(Group Amateur - 43)

Brazil 
Certified: 
Old post #7 posted Apr 3rd 2018, 18:34:44 (last edited Apr 3rd 2018, 18:36:27 by Claudio Szynkier) Quote 
this is valid marketing strategy, YES.

and about "one and done" everyone knows, and exhaustively discussed already, that we need massification (with marketing, private simple leagues) and then a reconstruction of the pyramid in its best, with strong and busy rookie leagues.

youtube spots IS way to go yes, more effective than normal banners.
Szymon Kuliszewski
(Group Rookie - 44)

Poland 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #8 posted Apr 3rd 2018, 19:04:06 Quote 
i personally found this game randomly through reddit banner ad ;) (which is quite funny because i never click or even notice banners at all)

i dont know how 'one and done' players would be bad for the game. you wont even notice they are there at the bottom. at the same time though, theres always a chance somebody will stay

ive been here for maybe a week and already read at least 1 post saying that player base is getting smaller, so theres definitely a need to find ways to get new players somehow
George Slater4
(Group Amateur - 69)

Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #9 posted Apr 3rd 2018, 19:09:30 Quote 
Quote ( Jasper Coosemans @ April 3rd 2018,18:32:52 )

bought itself a spot as a Sponsored Feature on Autosport.com a few months ago

That article is what got me into GPRO. Proof that this type of targeted advertising works.
Josh Clark
(Group Pro - 22)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #10 posted Apr 3rd 2018, 19:11:25 Quote 
No idea how my brother found this game before I joined, but I agree these are good marketing strategies. Advertising on popular sim racing channels like Jimmy Broadbent would be quite useful :)
Mikko Heikkinen
(Group Master - 1)

Finland 
Certified: 
Old post #11 posted Apr 3rd 2018, 20:22:27 (last edited Apr 3rd 2018, 20:23:38 by Mikko Heikkinen) Quote 
Quote ( George Slater @ April 3rd 2018,15:47:12 )

So? "one and done" players don't hurt the game, they just never get anywhere past rookie. But you might get a few who stick around, and that benefits GPRO.

Would that not depend on how many $$ it costs per ?

Quote ( Daniel Douglas @ April 3rd 2018,15:44:07 )

Theory of both recruiting and sales:

For every 1000 nos (one and done on this case) there is a single yes (long term player in this case) .

Every yes is a win...

And IF the 1000 "nos" cost $1000 in advertising costs, how can that single yes cover the cost

Would need to find some very cheap & efficient way to advertise.

Stefan Gommans
(Group Master - 2)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Old post #12 posted Apr 3rd 2018, 20:57:23 Quote 
Quote ( Stefano Scanzani @ April 3rd 2018,09:45:11 )

Why doesn't GPRO advertise itself on other platforms such as Youtube? It can be something small like having a few second advertisement using youtubers that comment on Formula 1 news. Of course there is always the issue of how to raise enough money to do so but I think it would be very beneficial for the game.
Let me know what you guys think. :)

Well their is another option which if free, start your own channel and build it out, cover GPRO and then mention it in your future video's

Well first part of the plan is started :P
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRDTvlIqjiiNJL4cRvgGedg
Stefano Scanzani
(Group Amateur - 33)

Italy 
Certified: 
Old post #13 posted Apr 3rd 2018, 23:13:17 (last edited Apr 3rd 2018, 23:13:54 by Stefano Scanzani) Quote 
Quote ( Stefan Gommans @ April 3rd 2018,20:57:23 )

Well first part of the plan is started :P
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRDTvlIqjiiNJL4cRvgGedg

What did I just watch 😂😂😂
Ania Piekarska
(Group Amateur - 9)

Poland 
Certified: 
Old post #14 posted Apr 3rd 2018, 23:23:29 Quote 
Quote ( George Slater @ April 3rd 2018,15:47:12 )

"one and done" players don't hurt the game, they just never get anywhere past rookie.

Last time the game got flooded with "one and done" players, we got a game structure change. Then the players were gone and we have a lot of vacancies, that strongly affect the game now.
Stefano Scanzani
(Group Amateur - 33)

Italy 
Certified: 
Old post #15 posted Apr 4th 2018, 08:35:48 Quote 
Well that's something else that should be considered, how do we convince people to continue playing this game? Instead of always mentioning it, something should be done to fix it. Why not create a rookie of the rookies and make it super easy for players to start playing?
Page [1
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > General forum > GPRO Promotion Options Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist

Reply to this topic