Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > General forum > How is this a rookie? Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist
Page « 1 2 3 ... 5 6 [7 Quick go to page:
Author Topic: How is this a rookie? 190 replies
Kieran Taylor
(Group Rookie - 114)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (2)
Old post #181 posted Jul 13th 2019, 04:08:30 Quote 
one fastest lap of a perfect season in S62 lol he would of been gutted hahah
Guilherme Franco
(Group Amateur - 13)

Brazil 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #182 posted Jul 13th 2019, 04:14:40 (last edited Jul 13th 2019, 04:15:50 by Guilherme Franco) Quote 
nah. 1'30'' from the 1º rookie at OBR, he's not doing well this season, but its a tough one to fight for every rookie in here, I can see why u are saying it.
Watch and learn or try to send pm and ask instead complaining. Good luck.
Ken Neihart
(Group Master - 3)

United States 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #183 posted Jul 13th 2019, 07:57:31 Quote 
Quote ( Filip Stańczyk @ July 13th 2019,04:00:41 )

Look at his manager history: /gb/ManagerProfile.asp?IDM=757002

This is a joke.

Nope. I checked it out and it's for realz.
Atli Thor Johannesson
(Group Pro - 23)

Iceland 
Certified: 
Old post #184 posted Jul 13th 2019, 16:09:42 Quote 

This is a joke.

The biggest joke about this guy, is he's not winning every season.
Quote ( Roy Mitchell @ June 22nd 2019,05:50:24 )

It would be easier to put 'super rookies' in the same group. Work out some parameters and have the game engine soet itm out.

Let new players compete against other new players. Help in keeping their interest. I mean... isn't the fun in racing when you have chance?

Agree 100%, should already have been implemented a long time ago.
I really don't get why Vlad, or general managers would have against this.
William Day
(Group Amateur - 59)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #185 posted Jul 13th 2019, 16:39:00 Quote 
If people don’t like it they can just request a group change the following season, simple
Stuart Foster
(Group Amateur - 86)

Wales 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #186 posted Jul 13th 2019, 16:46:07 (last edited Jul 13th 2019, 16:54:22 by Stuart Foster) Quote 

This is a joke.

Thing is, i'm not sure what the issue here is. Cos this is not any kind of super rookie.

If he was, he would have won more than barely a third of the races past two seasons.

Yes, he has won rookie groups many times and then gone negative. But I don't think that makes him a super rookie. He just doesn't have the desire to promote. And, its the game that allows players to use negative balance to ensure of that (even explains them how to do it in the wiki guide).

People say about chucking 'super rookies' in the same group. But what is this achieving? And what is the qualifying criteria? Manager's with >100 points? Manager's finishing top four? Cos manager's like the one you showed, probably wouldn't make the cut. Also, if those guys choose to play that way and the game has made an environment for their strategy to allow them to race each season and get whatever kicks they want..what's the issue? It's not like they're denying someone else a promotion at the end of the day.

So...I don't think putting managers in rookie in the same group who finished with >100 points or any other super criteria is a good idea, if anything all it would do is create or solve a problem where none really exists. Manager's who want to promote and have a basic grasp of the game, will, or should, always do so due to those guys going negative.

Quote ( William Day @ July 13th 2019,16:39:00 )

If people don’t like it they can just request a group change the following season, simple

last point, this.

Max Watson
(Group Master - 4)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (4)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #187 posted Jul 13th 2019, 20:03:32 (last edited Jul 13th 2019, 20:03:58 by Max Watson) Quote 
An inevitable consequence of allowing people to play the game however they want is that some will pursue objectives that differ from the norm. Whether you see this as negative is just perspective. To preclude this style of play is to reduce choice.
Neil Bontemps
(Group Rookie - 127)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #188 posted Jul 14th 2019, 09:54:42 (last edited Jul 14th 2019, 09:59:31 by Neil Bontemps) Quote 
I think the guy your talking about is just achievement completing all of them in rookie, sure it sucks if your in that group and not able to win.

But having a Ferrari or Mercedes like team or driver makes you become a better gpro manager. Basicially competition makes you a better gpro player. Is what i'm trying to say.

I've come back after a long break and i rebuilt my computer no older harddrives or usb sticks from the old system with tyre calcs, training knowledge, fuel calc, or anything. So this season i'm relearing it all. (Being a gpro supporter helps but still takes a lot thinking and guess work)

Also the harder rookie is the abilities you learn will help in the next level in amateur and so on and so on

Just my thoughts.

Cheers Neil
Franciscus Van Essche
(Group Amateur - 90)

Angola 
Certified: 
Like this post (4)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #189 posted Jul 15th 2019, 19:55:51 Quote 
I started GPRO in season 67, Race 3 Austin, made 5 stops and with 2 laps down was not last?
the race was won by a pro-rookie but you dont know that in your first races,
actually you dont know much until you pass a few seasons in Rookie
and after that in Amateur you realize that there is still much to learn!
But that (for me) is the best part of this game.

Now, I have more fun in Amateur coming home in a top30 than a podium position in Rookie.
That is now, then I was over the moon getting my first points finish.

The negatives of having super-rookies is that they could scare away some of those starters,
but after a few races you can indeed pick up some strategies from them which will help us to
improve.

It is difficult to find a solution which will work, so in my view leave things as they are,
but,
there is a possible correction that can be made at the End of Season by considering all managers
with negative balance as (NC) Not Classified, so they will drop to the bottom of the standings.

This after the last race will correct the final standings and will give the first Classified 4 drivers the promotion to Amateur including the money they get from the Top10 bonus payment.

And I know that the promoted managers need every penny in Amateur to survive.

This will not resolve the whole issue, but it brings a part solution without major changes,
GPRO is a fantastic game and therefore there should be no changes.

Andrew Wilden
(Group Amateur - 34)

Australia 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (4)
Old post #190 posted Jul 15th 2019, 20:16:00 Quote 
Very well said 😊
Finally someone with Rookie experience with a so called Super Rookie explains why the so called Super Rookie issue, is a complete farce & a non issue.

Get over it & move on. Simple ☺
Kieran Taylor
(Group Rookie - 114)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #191 posted Jul 15th 2019, 20:22:01 Quote 

Quote ( Franciscus Van Essche @ July 15th 2019,19:55:51 )

I started GPRO in season 67, Race 3 Austin, made 5 stops and with 2 laps down was not last?
the race was won by a pro-rookie but you dont know that in your first races,
actually you dont know much until you pass a few seasons in Rookie
and after that in Amateur you realize that there is still much to learn!
But that (for me) is the best part of this game.

Now, I have more fun in Amateur coming home in a top30 than a podium position in Rookie.
That is now, then I was over the moon getting my first points finish.

The negatives of having super-rookies is that they could scare away some of those starters,
but after a few races you can indeed pick up some strategies from them which will help us to
improve.

It is difficult to find a solution which will work, so in my view leave things as they are,
but,
there is a possible correction that can be made at the End of Season by considering all managers
with negative balance as (NC) Not Classified, so they will drop to the bottom of the standings.

This after the last race will correct the final standings and will give the first Classified 4 drivers the promotion to Amateur including the money they get from the Top10 bonus payment.

And I know that the promoted managers need every penny in Amateur to survive.

This will not resolve the whole issue, but it brings a part solution without major changes,
GPRO is a fantastic game and therefore there should be no changes.

that pretty much is what happens, apart from a not classified ( I assume you mean 0pts on leader board)

don't see how this will make a difference to rookies tho, after 17 races of getting tanned and having poor races I don't think people who were disheartened will suddenly start celebrating.

ask any athlete that has a medal awarded to them 6 years after, as a winner was disqualified if they enjoyed there "victory" I doubt it!
Page « 1 2 3 ... 5 6 [7 Quick go to page:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > General forum > How is this a rookie? Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist

Reply to this topic