Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Suggestions forum > Accidents and safety car Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist
Page [12 3 » Quick go to page:
Author Topic: Accidents and safety car 62 replies
Davide Bianchi
(Group Amateur - 7)

Italy 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (22)
Old post #1 posted May 2nd 2019, 10:36:46 Quote 
An unrealistic element in this game is the almost total lack of accidents between pilots. I would increase their number (for instance with 3 levels of seriousness: severe medium slight), and introduce safety car that can be an interesting and innovative element.
Mikko Heikkinen
(Group Master - 3)

Finland 
Certified: 
Like this post (10)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #2 posted May 2nd 2019, 10:40:56 (last edited May 2nd 2019, 10:44:54 by Mikko Heikkinen) Quote 
Quote ( Davide Bianchi @ May 2nd 2019,10:36:46 )

and introduce safety car that can be...

I'd say unnecessary and demotivating element

btw: https://wiki.gpro.net/index.php?title=Common_Suggestions_%26_Ideas

ps. When is the last time you heard someone say: "I had a random event in this race, I only wish I had yet another random"
The answer might be: never heard such thing
Graham Mercer
(Group Amateur - 14)

Australia 
Certified: 
Like this post (9)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #3 posted May 2nd 2019, 10:44:49 Quote 
So you would be happy to be taken out of a race while pushing for promotion, or trying to get back to a positive balance, by an event totally outside of your control?

This is not a racing game, this is a management game.

If you want more crashes go play ‘Need for Speed’ or ‘Fast & Furious’ etc
Tibor Szuromi
(Group Master - 4)

Hungary 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #4 posted May 2nd 2019, 10:51:35 Quote 
... the safety car is so beautiful.

Let's see around the track. :):):)
Davide Bianchi
(Group Amateur - 7)

Italy 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (2)
Old post #5 posted May 2nd 2019, 11:41:59 Quote 
Ok I understand and respect your points of view...maybe yes, I would get angry if I happen to be damaged. I was just saying it would be more similar to reality...
Jasper Coosemans1
(Group Master - 2)

Belgium 
Certified: 
Like this post (5)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #6 posted May 2nd 2019, 11:52:01 (last edited May 2nd 2019, 11:52:25 by Jasper Coosemans) Quote 
Safety Car in reality is a necessary evil and rulemakers try everything they can to minimize its impact (for example by using VSC whenever possible). It is, as the name says, an unfortunate measure that sometimes has to be taken for safety reasons.

Since we are playing a virtual game, safety is not an issue and therefore a Safety Car would have zero benefits. F1 eSports doesn't have Safety Car either, for example.
Rastislav Padysak
(Group Rookie - 85)

Slovakia 
Certified: 
Old post #7 posted May 2nd 2019, 12:55:32 (last edited May 2nd 2019, 13:08:21 by Rastislav Padysak) Quote 
Just thinking:

Is it allowed to have a Safety Car livery?

Edit: I've made some forum search ... thinking over. ;-)
Jay De Snoo
(Group Master - 1)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Old post #8 posted May 2nd 2019, 13:00:14 Quote 
Quote ( Graham Mercer @ May 2nd 2019,10:44:49 )

So you would be happy to be taken out of a race while pushing for promotion, or trying to get back to a positive balance, by an event totally outside of your control?

You mean a random brakes failure on your FT, where you certainly had scored points, likely a podium and possibly a win? Well I managed to do so last race :)

Quote ( Mikko Heikkinen @ May 2nd 2019,10:40:56 )

When is the last time you heard someone say: "I had a random event in this race, I only wish I had yet another random"

Like in never. I'm bold now since last tuesday;)
Mikko Heikkinen
(Group Master - 3)

Finland 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #9 posted May 2nd 2019, 14:13:20 (last edited May 2nd 2019, 14:16:28 by Mikko Heikkinen) Quote 
Quote ( Rastislav Padysak @ May 2nd 2019,12:55:32 )

Is it allowed to have a Safety Car livery?

IIRC the liveries have to be open wheel.

It may have been that at some point Vlad did have SC livery by special concession, but He kind'a in a special position and and doesn't really race all that much (maybe once in a blue moon). So even if/when he did have it in the past, you probably didn't see it on track,
Leo Longhi
(Group Pro - 23)

Brazil 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #10 posted May 2nd 2019, 14:32:17 Quote 
Quote ( Jasper Coosemans @ May 2nd 2019,11:52:01 )

Safety Car in reality is a necessary evil and rulemakers try everything they can to minimize its impact (for example by using VSC whenever possible). It is, as the name says, an unfortunate measure that sometimes has to be taken for safety reasons.

I believe with VSC the evil is worse than with SC....for me it should be banished forever and have only SC!
Ross Proud
(Group Master - 3)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #11 posted May 2nd 2019, 15:28:39 Quote 
Quote ( Leo Longhi @ May 2nd 2019,14:32:17 )

Quote ( Jasper Coosemans @ May 2nd 2019,11:52:01 )

I believe with VSC the evil is worse than with SC....for me it should be banished forever and have only SC!

Care to elaborate? Because I disagree.
Gilmar Rocha
(Group Amateur - 51)

Brazil 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #12 posted May 2nd 2019, 15:36:17 Quote 

All managers should know they're dealing with the probability of failure for reasons out of their control. That's just life. To me, gettin 100% result on your calculated moves is boring and demotivating.
Mikko Heikkinen
(Group Master - 3)

Finland 
Certified: 
Old post #13 posted May 2nd 2019, 15:39:23 Quote 
Quote ( Gilmar Rocha @ May 2nd 2019,15:36:17 )

All managers should know they're dealing with the probability of failure for reasons out of their control.

Which is the case right now. No reason to penalize other/all managers in the group for one managers misfortune
Teddy Quinton
(Group Rookie - 114)

Germany 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (2)
Old post #14 posted May 2nd 2019, 15:40:14 Quote 

I don't understand why are you guys so scared of the SC idea. It would be nice if you take the technical problem and break it down, make it more detailed. The actual race itself is not in your control anymore after qualifying. It would be great to give the player some control over their drivers and cars. Decide when they come into the pit during the race, which tyre to select according to the situation they are in, let crashes be a part of the game people will have to really look into how aggressive they want to play... there are many ways to make the game more interesting...
Mikko Heikkinen
(Group Master - 3)

Finland 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (2)
Old post #15 posted May 2nd 2019, 15:46:30 Quote 
Quote ( Teddy Quinton @ May 2nd 2019,15:40:14 )

there are many ways to make the game more interesting...

one of which is to get out of rookie instead of going to negative balance at the end of season :)
Teddy Quinton
(Group Rookie - 114)

Germany 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (2)
Old post #16 posted May 2nd 2019, 15:55:12 Quote 
Quote ( Mikko Heikkinen @ May 2nd 2019,15:46:30 )

one of which is to get out of rookie instead of going to negative balance at the end of season :)

Lol did that hurt your feelings? Why not stay in rookie if it's possible and I want to? Maybe I want to try different things out, get some more experience, learn a bit more about the game. Why lose in amateur when I can win in rookie? I'll climb up when I feel like it, clearly it's not hard for me to do so, so why rush it. The groups will stay there and I will get through them when I'm bored at rookie :D
Mikko Heikkinen
(Group Master - 3)

Finland 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #17 posted May 2nd 2019, 16:09:07 (last edited May 2nd 2019, 16:09:38 by Mikko Heikkinen) Quote 
Quote ( Teddy Quinton @ May 2nd 2019,15:55:12 )

Lol did that hurt your feelings?

No

Why not stay in rookie if it's possible and I want to? Maybe I want to try different things out, get some more experience, learn a bit more about the game.

The point is maybe there's some more of that learning you speak of to do before imposing such profound changes to all levels.

Could it be that you don't actually know yet how interesting things can be on other levels.
Could it also be that you don't really grasp yet how profound effect those "interest" things would have
Rohan Leo
(Group Amateur - 50)

South Africa 
Certified: 
Old post #18 posted May 2nd 2019, 16:15:52 Quote 
Quote ( Teddy Quinton @ May 2nd 2019,15:40:14 )

It would be great to give the player some control over their drivers and cars. Decide when they come into the pit during the race, which tyre to select according to the situation they are in, let crashes be a part of the game people will have to really look into how aggressive they want to play...

I don't think people are scared of the SC... In reality the SC is there to keep marshals on track safe, while clearing cars and bits... for this game I don't really see a point to it or how it will enhance the game, other than add another level of randomness... as if there isn't enough of that already.

If adding risk is what you want then just set them higher in the Race Setup & Strategy section. That is were we get "some" control over a driver and pit stops for the race.

As far as having control during a race... How do you propose that will work for people who aren't able to watch the race? Or watch only in part?

Gpro doesn't have yellow flags or blue flags or green flags, or any flags... We don't even get warnings or disqualified when parts of our cars are hanging off while smoking for half a race. As would be the case in reality... Plus cars have to slow down with no over taking under yellow flag conditions... Which doesn't happen in GPRO either.

This is virtual game... The F1 franchise games for PS, or Xbox or whatever are build for being as close to real F1 as they can get.
Teddy Quinton
(Group Rookie - 114)

Germany 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (3)
Old post #19 posted May 2nd 2019, 16:17:29 Quote 
Quote ( Mikko Heikkinen @ May 2nd 2019,16:09:07 )

The point is maybe there's some more of that learning you speak of to do before imposing changes to all levels.

Could it be that you don't actually know yet how interesting things can be on other levels.
Could it also be that you don't really grasp yet how profound effect those "interest" things would have

The game is the same in every group. The only difference is the higher the group the more accurate you have to be with your calculations (tyre, fuel, setup, car parts, car upgrade...).

After qualifying and race setup you don't have control over anything. Introducing SC, crashes and all those things would make the game more interesting. Everyone is tough and can win in a safe space, but the moment you add a little risk to the game everyone is butthurt because they can't deal with a losing.
Rohan Leo
(Group Amateur - 50)

South Africa 
Certified: 
Old post #20 posted May 2nd 2019, 16:22:09 (last edited May 2nd 2019, 16:22:47 by Rohan Leo) Quote 
Quote ( Teddy Quinton @ May 2nd 2019,16:17:29 )

The game is the same in every group. The only difference is the higher the group the more accurate you have to be with your calculations (tyre, fuel, setup, car parts, car upgrade...).

No it is not the same... Rookie and Ama levels don't get to decide tyre choice for example... Nor do they get a TD... The way price money and amounts of price money awarded is different...

Everyone is tough and can win in a safe space, but the moment you add a little risk to the game everyone is butthurt because they can't deal with a losing.

Why lose in amateur when I can win in rookie? I'll climb up when I feel like it, clearly it's not hard for me to do so, so why rush it. The groups will stay there and I will get through them when I'm bored at rookie :D

A little contradictory don't you think?
Mikko Heikkinen
(Group Master - 3)

Finland 
Certified: 
Old post #21 posted May 2nd 2019, 16:27:09 (last edited May 2nd 2019, 16:28:06 by Mikko Heikkinen) Quote 

The game is the same in every group.

So a rookie group with 15 car grid is the same as (let's say) Master group with 40 cars in the grid ? Yeah right :P

After qualifying and race setup you don't have control over anything. Introducing SC, crashes and all those things

And you think there would be control after race setup then ?

You do realize that due to the nature of world-wide timezones, that won't happen

Quote ( Rohan Leo @ May 2nd 2019,16:22:09 )

Not just a little and not just in that sentence :)
Marcelo Nobre
(Group Rookie - 168)

Brazil 
Certified: 
Old post #22 posted May 2nd 2019, 16:28:01 Quote 
Mechanical failures have always been common in motor racing. They are random events that generate expectations and add even more excitement to racing. The lucky element was present in many title decisions. I am particularly supportive of this, but I am against the safety car.
Teddy Quinton
(Group Rookie - 114)

Germany 
Certified: 
Old post #23 posted May 2nd 2019, 16:34:44 Quote 

No it is not the same... Rookie and Ama levels don't get to decide tyre choice for example... Nor do they get a TD... The way price money and amounts of price money awarded is different...

See the game is the same, you just have a few more variables, you just have to be more accurate with your calculations...

Everyone is tough and can win in a safe space, but the moment you add a little risk to the game everyone is butthurt because they can't deal with a losing.

Why lose in amateur when I can win in rookie? I'll climb up when I feel like it, clearly it's not hard for me to do so, so why rush it. The groups will stay there and I will get through them when I'm bored at rookie :D

How is that contradictory? My driver won't crash if I'm in rookie or if I'm in elite. There is 0 risk going up through the groups. So basically the game stays the same. Why lose the same game in amateur where there is almost no difference to rookie when you can win it in rookie. Sure one day I'll probably go up higher and I will lose to a more experienced player but I don't have a problem with that. I have lost races and probably will lose a few more as I play this game and when I win those loses will make it feel even better.

The point I am making is when you take people out of that safe space where one can calculate everything (same in rookie, amatuer....elite) and introduce for example crashes everyone against it.
Stuart Aspey
(Group Amateur - 66)

Wales 
Certified: 
Old post #24 posted May 2nd 2019, 16:39:00 Quote 
It is often easier in Rookie becuse you only have maybe 20 managers who are planying. Go to AMA and many more managers are playing and the game becomes more involved. Pro, Masters and Elite all require a technical director and tyre choices that can impact positively or negatively on the season and you are more likely to have all managers in the league playing and fighting for survival. It is not just a matter of being more precise with your calculations because if it was that easy, we'd all be doing it.
Teddy Quinton
(Group Rookie - 114)

Germany 
Certified: 
Old post #25 posted May 2nd 2019, 16:42:59 Quote 
Quote ( Stuart Aspey @ May 2nd 2019,16:39:00 )

It is often easier in Rookie becuse you only have maybe 20 managers who are planying. Go to AMA and many more managers are playing and the game becomes more involved. Pro, Masters and Elite all require a technical director and tyre choices that can impact positively or negatively on the season and you are more likely to have all managers in the league playing and fighting for survival. It is not just a matter of being more precise with your calculations because if it was that easy, we'd all be doing it.

As I said technical directors and tyre choices are just a variable that you have to include in your calculations. The more precies your calculation the better the result, it doesn't matter how many players play if you are the most accurate you win.
Mikko Heikkinen
(Group Master - 3)

Finland 
Certified: 
Old post #26 posted May 2nd 2019, 16:44:34 Quote 
Quote ( Teddy Quinton @ May 2nd 2019,16:34:44 )

introduce for example crashes everyone against it.

IF you wanna do destruction derby, maybe you need to look elsewhere.

GPRO already haz it's fair share of random events. IF you haven't seen them yet, maybe it's just due to somewhat limited experience.

It's very clear that you haven't thought things through and don't really grasp the nature of management. We don't really need a system where all races of the season are total lottery.

That's not "more interesting", that would be just mayhem with nothing to do with management.

IF there was a chance for real-time adjustments then it would be different, but due to the nature of timezones, and the fact that GPRO is based on the principle that you don't have to be online during certain times that is just quite infeasible

I bet you're one of those people who don't watch races for racing, You'd probably watch crash-videos instead. And you wouldn't probably watch hockey for hockey, but for the fights instead :)
Stuart Aspey
(Group Amateur - 66)

Wales 
Certified: 
Old post #27 posted May 2nd 2019, 16:46:22 Quote 
Quote ( Teddy Quinton @ May 2nd 2019,16:42:59 )

Quote ( Stuart Aspey @ May 2nd 2019,16:39:00 )

As I said technical directors and tyre choices are just a variable that you have to include in your calculations. The more precies your calculation the better the result, it doesn't matter how many players play if you are the most accurate you win.

But it's not about being the most accurate. Williams F1 could have the same and accurate calculations as Mercedes, but the driver stats, and facilities for the two are still far far apart. This is the same her. You have to build your facilities up, you have train your driver up and even then you have many differing variables. It is not simply about having the right calculations.
Mikko Heikkinen
(Group Master - 3)

Finland 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #28 posted May 2nd 2019, 16:49:21 Quote 

How is that contradictory?

well here it is

The point I am making is when you take people out of that safe space

Looks a lot like you're talking about yourself

Why lose in amateur when you can win it in rookie.

Teddy Quinton
(Group Rookie - 114)

Germany 
Certified: 
Old post #29 posted May 2nd 2019, 16:53:39 Quote 
Quote ( Mikko Heikkinen @ May 2nd 2019,16:44:34 )

IF you wanna do destruction derby, maybe you need to look elsewhere.

GPRO already haz it's fair share of random events. IF you haven't seen them yet, maybe it's just due to somewhat limited experience.

It's very clear that you haven't thought things through and don't really grasp the nature of management. We don't really need a system where all races of the season are total lottery.

That's not "more interesting", that would be just mayhem with nothing to do with management.

IF there was a chance for real-time adjustments then it would be different, but due to the nature of timezones, and the fact that GPRO is based on the principle that you don't have to be online during certain times that is just quite infeasible

I bet you're one of those people who don't watch races for racing, You'd probably watch crash-videos instead. And you wouldn't probably watch hockey for hockey, but for the fights instead :)

Chill bro why you so mad? Just because I suggested some change you don't have to get all pissed about it. Don't be afraid of changes man. Change is good, fun and exciting :D

Nobody on here said we want a lottery. Just spice things up a bit don't make everything so babyproof. I understand that you are scared of the thought of losing to someone else but you have to accept loses in life mate. What I experience in rookie you experience in master. There is no difference in random events.
Mikko Heikkinen
(Group Master - 3)

Finland 
Certified: 
Old post #30 posted May 2nd 2019, 16:57:18 Quote 
Quote ( Teddy Quinton @ May 2nd 2019,16:53:39 )

What I experience in rookie you experience in master. There is no difference in random events.

That single sentence shows the lack of grasp you have on the subject matter
Page [12 3 » Quick go to page:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Suggestions forum > Accidents and safety car Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist

Reply to this topic