Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Forum games > GPRO World Cup S1 - Germany win! Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist
Page « 1 2 [34 ... 9 10 11 » Quick go to page:
Author Topic: GPRO World Cup S1 - Germany win! 308 replies
Jonathan Beagles
(Group Amateur - 59)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #61 posted Jun 9th 2019, 18:40:44 Quote 
I think that is a good agreement - and reducing to 8 rather than 11 is helpful to smaller nations. Only thing you are losing with that is the link between football and this (i.e. having 11 players)...but that's only a very minor consideration tbh.
George Slater4
(Group Master - 1)

Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #62 posted Jun 9th 2019, 18:42:34 Quote 
Quote ( Jasper Coosemans @ June 9th 2019,18:25:44 )

6 managers are picked at the start of the season, they will be in the line-up for all 17 races.
2 additional slots can be rotated, they can be changed before the start of each GPRO cup round (i.e. before Race 1-3-6-9-12-15).

I think this format is an improvement as it requires fewer players, helping smaller nations or nations without as many players registered while also allowing more player involvement. However I think the idea of a reserve for the six managers would still be a good idea, just in case something happens to one of those 6 managers and they stop racing as it would be a severe detriment to be a player down for the entire season. Otherwise the reserve would not be used.
Gabriel Arbona
(Group Master - 4)

Argentina 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #63 posted Jun 9th 2019, 20:39:06 (last edited Jun 9th 2019, 20:40:23 by Gabriel Arbona) Quote 
This idea is good for nations with fewer managers, even though I think the rotation should be broader in case the nation allows it, given that, as you say, managers of highly competitive nations will lose interest given the long wait. Why not implement 5 races per manager and then be replaced as the number of managers allows? I mean a full roster every 5 races, does not that give more rotation? not mentioning the longevity of the DT in the position, I hope you can understand my translation of the language
Joachim Rang2
(Group Amateur - 78)

Germany 
Certified: 
Old post #64 posted Jun 9th 2019, 21:23:07 Quote 
I was thinking the same, you pick 11 managers and that's it for the season.

I would think you choose a roster of let's say 20 managers and nominate 8 of them for each race, which is an interesting task and involves lots of interaction.
Jasper Coosemans1
(Group Master - 2)

Topic mod
Belgium 
Certified: 
Old post #65 posted Jun 9th 2019, 23:15:38 Quote 
My concern is that this would lead to results very similar to the Nations Cup. 20 managers is a large pool to be able to select from, and allowing this kind of flexibility would hand too much of an advantage to the largest nations. In my opinion.
Gabriel Arbona
(Group Master - 4)

Argentina 
Certified: 
Old post #66 posted Jun 9th 2019, 23:25:35 Quote 
sometimes it is impossible to find equivalences, if you take as a reference the selection of England, you should not allow more than 3 managers to be more even with the rest haha
Guido Simonetta
(Group Pro - 21)

Argentina 
Certified: 
Old post #67 posted Jun 10th 2019, 00:16:46 Quote 
I like the change but....

6 + 2?

5 + 3?

5 + 2?
Sébastien Boulanger
(Group Amateur - 79)

France 
Certified: 
Old post #68 posted Jun 10th 2019, 00:18:56 Quote 
For me the main objective is to find the managers who will make a good season.
Have a rotation can be a good idea, the ratio seems good for small nations, or 7/3
Guido Simonetta
(Group Pro - 21)

Argentina 
Certified: 
Old post #69 posted Jun 10th 2019, 00:53:48 Quote 
Having good turnover will give equity.
Finding managers is similar to the official cup
Joachim Rang2
(Group Amateur - 78)

Germany 
Certified: 
Old post #70 posted Jun 10th 2019, 08:50:18 Quote 
I think the main factor, which will benefit larger over smaller nations is the number of managers you have to field not the number of managers you can draw from (aka the pool).
Gabriel Arbona
(Group Master - 4)

Argentina 
Certified: 
Old post #71 posted Jun 10th 2019, 13:16:49 Quote 
most nations have not presented more than one administrator to compete, if that does not correct the competition would be minimal
Jasper Coosemans1
(Group Master - 2)

Topic mod
Belgium 
Certified: 
Old post #72 posted Jun 10th 2019, 19:22:25 Quote 
I have decided to carry on with the proposal to have 6 permanent team members and 2 that can be rotated. For those of you who are Team Captain or assistant for the Beta Season, it has been implemented as follows:

You may add/remove team members like it was before. As long as a permanent slot is available, the added manager will be allocated to a permanent slot. If not, the manager will be allocated to a temporary slot (currently that means only for 1 race, because at Race 15 those slots can be changed again).

A team member can be removed as long as he/she has not completed any races for the team so far.

I believe I have closed all the possible loopholes (adding managers twice, adding more managers than allowed, removing managers which have already done races, adding managers from a different country, and so on). But please feel free to try and exploit things, and report to me in case you succeed. Because that is what this beta testing is for. :)
Jasper Coosemans1
(Group Master - 2)

Topic mod
Belgium 
Certified: 
Old post #73 posted Jun 10th 2019, 19:24:30 Quote 
@Guido Simonetta (P21)
@Jonathan Beagles (A59)

Your national teams currently still have 11 managers, and all of them are in a permanent slot. Please remove 5 of them, and then add 2 of them again so they will be in a temporary position. If you miss the race deadline, I will do it randomly for you.
Guido Simonetta
(Group Pro - 21)

Argentina 
Certified: 
Old post #74 posted Jun 10th 2019, 20:09:58 Quote 
Ready Jasper
Jonathan Beagles
(Group Amateur - 59)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #75 posted Jun 10th 2019, 20:25:36 Quote 
Done now Jasper :)
Jasper Coosemans1
(Group Master - 2)

Topic mod
Belgium 
Certified: 
Old post #76 posted Jun 10th 2019, 21:56:02 Quote 
Quote ( George Slater @ June 9th 2019,18:42:34 )

However I think the idea of a reserve for the six managers would still be a good idea, just in case something happens to one of those 6 managers and they stop racing as it would be a severe detriment to be a player down for the entire season. Otherwise the reserve would not be used.

I will add a rule saying a manager in the permanent line-up may be replaced after missing two races (doesn't have to be consecutive races).

Having the same player as a reserve for the entire season doesn't seem very nice. I also thought about the possibility to only count the 7 best scores of the team, so one DNS doesn't necessarily hurt. But even in such a system, having a retired manager in the team will always remain a disadvantage.

So I think it's best to just replace them. Missing 2 races is already enough of a penalty.
Rowie Halcon
(Group Amateur - 40)

Philippines 
Certified: 
Old post #77 posted Jun 11th 2019, 13:40:39 Quote 
I've sent some invites. It's up to them to join the beta test. =)
Gabriel Arbona
(Group Master - 4)

Argentina 
Certified: 
Old post #78 posted Jun 11th 2019, 13:46:00 Quote 
There are many nations that still do not have a captain or have not defined a team that represents them and at 20 CET expires deadline, do not participate then?
Jasper Coosemans1
(Group Master - 2)

Topic mod
Belgium 
Certified: 
Old post #79 posted Jun 11th 2019, 13:47:08 Quote 
Quote ( Rowie Halcon @ June 11th 2019,13:40:39 )

I've sent some invites. It's up to them to join the beta test. =)

I appointed you as Team Captain for the beta test. The "My Team" page has some options to add/remove players from the National Team.

May I suggest you merge with Tan S Lake's Bangladesh? This way I can make sure merging works properly. It could also be a good idea to start looking for mergers for the first real season.
Rowie Halcon
(Group Amateur - 40)

Philippines 
Certified: 
Old post #80 posted Jun 11th 2019, 13:55:25 Quote 
Quote ( Jasper Coosemans @ June 11th 2019,13:47:08 )

I appointed you as Team Captain for the beta test. The "My Team" page has some options to add/remove players from the National Team.

May I suggest you merge with Tan S Lake's Bangladesh? This way I can make sure merging works properly. It could also be a good idea to start looking for mergers for the first real season.

Sure! I'm up for it.
Jasper Coosemans1
(Group Master - 2)

Topic mod
Belgium 
Certified: 
Old post #81 posted Jun 12th 2019, 02:21:29 Quote 
Beta Season gets underway

Race 14 marked the very beginning of the GPRO World Cup (albeit unofficially), as the Beta edition got started. 7 teams were formed representing 8 nations - the Philippines and Bangladesh merged into one nation for the occasion. A total of 48 managers defended their national colours.

France immediately made its intentions very clear, its 33.0 points tally being nearly twice as high as that of its nearest competitor England.

But the Beta Season is mostly about preparation and testing. Everything seems to have worked smoothly, which means that it should very soon be possible to let the website collect and calculate the results all by itself, with zero human intervention. This is essential in order to allow the World Cup to grow.

Results are available here: https://worldcup.cani-malati.com/index.php?area=results

Detailed results (i.e. the points contributed by each individual manager) will be made available tomorrow.

Team Captains may now pick their players for R15-R17. Nations with incomplete teams can continue to fill their rosters.

It is still possible to join the Beta Season even if your nation missed the first race entirely! Just let me know if you want to be the Team Captain for the Beta Season (no election needed).
Matías Bulacio
(Group Amateur - 69)

Argentina 
Certified: 
Old post #82 posted Jun 12th 2019, 14:50:04 Quote 
Jasper, how are you? I am getting an error when I want to add a pilot, I really wanted to try to add it and eliminate it and then add the same pilot or another one from the list again and it is not possible since I get an error ...

Failed to add player: SQL error 1062. Please try again and contact the website administrator if the problem persists.
Jasper Coosemans1
(Group Master - 2)

Topic mod
Belgium 
Certified: 
Old post #83 posted Jun 12th 2019, 15:29:44 Quote 
Yes, last night I made some changes to the system to prepare it for collecting the results, and I knew this error was going to appear... Thanks for the reminder, I will fix it soon.
Sébastien Boulanger
(Group Amateur - 79)

France 
Certified: 
Old post #84 posted Jun 12th 2019, 16:23:40 (last edited Jun 12th 2019, 16:42:00 by Sébastien Boulanger) Quote 
Hi Jasper,

Little bug for you, on Argentina page, Pedro Jose Moreno have no group in National Team and have one in All Managers.

Same for Antonio Jr Manalili (Philippines)

Do you think you will add the 2 flags and country names when they are merged, eg Philippines / Bangladesh ?

And (for convenience) when we have put a manager in permanent list and it have done race, i think we don't have to see the remove button, just appears if DNS twice a row not ?

Points for France are OK :)
Does the group "bug" can cause a false calculation for Argentina / Philippine ??
Edit : It seems OK for Phi/Ban ^^
Jasper Coosemans1
(Group Master - 2)

Topic mod
Belgium 
Certified: 
Old post #85 posted Jun 12th 2019, 17:33:25 Quote 
Everything should be working properly now.

There were no errors in the points calculation, there were just some problems with adding/removing players after yesterday's results were added.
Sébastien Boulanger
(Group Amateur - 79)

France 
Certified: 
Old post #86 posted Jun 12th 2019, 17:43:59 Quote 
Yep, i've checked it out, you mandate us to find bugs and others 👍
Jasper Coosemans1
(Group Master - 2)

Topic mod
Belgium 
Certified: 
Old post #87 posted Jun 14th 2019, 12:28:35 Quote 
Reminder: since it's Race 15 tonight (the start of the GPRO cup finals), players that were put in the temporary positions last race will not automatically be lined up tonight. Remember to replace them before the start of the race.
Guido Simonetta
(Group Pro - 21)

Argentina 
Certified: 
Old post #88 posted Jun 14th 2019, 14:46:37 Quote 
Hi Jasper, permanent players should have some visual difference with removable ones.

I see the 8 same and a message appears: "Failed to remove player: you can only remove players before their first race in the team"
Sébastien Boulanger
(Group Amateur - 79)

France 
Certified: 
Old post #89 posted Jun 14th 2019, 14:59:55 Quote 
Yep, it's like one of my suggestions, permanents managers can't be removed, except in case of DNS, then you can automate the process to not see the button, or to split the list between permanent and substituables.

For France, one of my Subsitute is between permanents ^^
Jonathan Beagles
(Group Amateur - 59)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #90 posted Jun 14th 2019, 16:19:48 (last edited Jun 14th 2019, 16:20:41 by Jonathan Beagles) Quote 
Quote ( Guido Simonetta @ June 14th 2019,14:46:37 )

Hi Jasper, permanent players should have some visual difference with removable ones.

I see the 8 same and a message appears: "Failed to remove player: you can only remove players before their first race in the team"

Agree with this idea.

EDIT - Would also be ideal to see how many points each individual contributed within the team.
Page « 1 2 [34 ... 9 10 11 » Quick go to page:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Forum games > GPRO World Cup S1 - Germany win! Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist

Reply to this topic