Page « 1 2 3 4 [5 Quick go to page:
Author Topic: [F1] Italian Grand Prix 130 replies
Roy Mitchell
(Group Amateur - 67)

Canada 
Certified: 
Like this post (5)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #121 posted Sep 6th 2020, 21:53:32 Quote 
Why do people 'put down' on Stroll? His father doesn't drive the car and when Stroll has the opportunity he seems to do a good job. Not enough to avoid a frustrated.. seeing red Vettel, but that's a different kind of luck. Isn't it?

Lucky? Perhaps, but hey... that's the way racing goes sometimes. Hamilton is probably THE best F1 driver you will ever see... he has his share of good racing luck.. and bad.

Stroll is quicker this year than previous and part of that is the car. His abilities as a driver have developed and he can dial in the 'this car's' improved performance.

Just saying....

That was a fun race to watch. Bottas!!! Was he racing at Monza? Raikkonen was a better show then the Mercedes drive. Feel for Albon and his misfortunes. What could have been?

It's been a long time since, I saw that much emotion from an F1 driver........ Gasly you were the best today!
Quentin Rieg
(Group Rookie - 23)

France 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #122 posted Sep 6th 2020, 23:36:03 Quote 
I've never been so happy watching an F1 race<div>
Good job by Sainz and Stroll too

</div>
Juan Atristain
(Group Rookie - 141)

Mexico 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #123 posted Sep 7th 2020, 00:37:00 Quote 
Quote ( Andy Goodall @ September 6th 2020,19:30:32 )

Should be back in red Bull now :D

It would be so much more satisfying if he turned down a BRB contract to stay at Alpha Tauri and kept improving there
Quentin Rieg
(Group Rookie - 23)

France 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #124 posted Sep 7th 2020, 07:19:46 Quote 
Quote ( Juan Atristain @ September 7th 2020,00:37:00 )

Quote ( Andy Goodall @ September 6th 2020,19:30:32 )

Should be back in red Bull now :D

It would be so much more satisfying if he turned down a BRB contract to stay at Alpha Tauri and kept improving there

I agree. Unfortunately he belongs to RBR so he can't do whatever he wants... If he says no to RBR, he'll be out of F1
Luke Frost
(Group Amateur - 88)

Australia 
Certified: 
Old post #125 posted Sep 7th 2020, 19:03:17 Quote 
Gasly is in a rare position now where he has a tonne of hype surrounding him and he should start negotiating with Mercedes for 2022 if he's wise enough. Red Bull have treated him like shit, and I guess that's nothing new for them.
Jun Ho
(Group Rookie - 12)

Hong Kong 
Certified: 
Old post #126 posted Sep 8th 2020, 18:00:32 Quote 
Quote ( Luke Frost @ September 7th 2020,19:03:17 )

Gasly is in a rare position now where he has a tonne of hype surrounding him and he should start negotiating with Mercedes for 2022 if he's wise enough. Red Bull have treated him like shit, and I guess that's nothing new for them.

I thought George Russell has the 2nd seat when Bottas leaves. I think Hamilton will race for another 5-6 seasons or so.
Luke Frost
(Group Amateur - 88)

Australia 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #127 posted Sep 8th 2020, 19:07:40 Quote 
He probably will jump in when Hamilton retires. My thoughts are Mercedes are traumatised from the Lewis vs Nico rivalry and are content with Bottaschello in there until another average guy comes along until Lewis is done. Lol.
Quentin Rieg
(Group Rookie - 23)

France 
Certified: 
Old post #128 posted Sep 8th 2020, 19:37:35 Quote 
Don't you think new rules will change Mercedes' domination ? Don't you think we could see some real racing, that whoever can win, with any team ?
Josh Clark
(Group Master - 4)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #129 posted Sep 8th 2020, 19:45:22 Quote 
Downforce levels, general speed and wide cars in F1 currently make real racing pretty impossible. DRS and engine modes are the only things making it look like we have any racing at all. Monza kinda showed that if you get rid of those we don't really have much in the way of overtaking ;)

But Mercedes definitely seem to have designed a car that expects clear air flowing to the engine. Maybe they need to rework their cooling because they can't just use party mode to get into clear air anymore.
Roy Mitchell
(Group Amateur - 67)

Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #130 posted Sep 8th 2020, 22:03:55 Quote 
Good point. I think Toto is just about finished his work in Merc. Winning all the time can be boring iif you know what I mean. Maybe he will morph into Tracing Point. lol
Marcelo Ascencio
(Group Pro - 15)

Argentina 
Certified: 
Old post #131 posted Sep 8th 2020, 22:31:36 Quote 
Gasly has as many wins as Pastor Maldonado.. :D
I remember when that crappy driver that now is finished made Toro Rosso score more points in a season than Red Bull. good times
Page « 1 2 3 4 [5 Quick go to page:

Reply to this topic