Page « 1 [23 ... 22 23 24 » Quick go to page:
Author Topic: [F1] 2020 season 708 replies
Bruno Machado
(Group Rookie - 7)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #31 posted Mar 20th 2020, 13:51:11 Quote 
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.formula-1-launche...

Something that could be fun to watch!
Josh Clark
(Group Master - 4)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #32 posted Mar 20th 2020, 15:10:29 (last edited Mar 20th 2020, 15:13:46 by Josh Clark) Quote 
I wonder which drivers will bother. I imagine both mclaren and red bull drivers will. Hamilton has done work with Gran Turismo so maybe he might. George Russell maybe? I don't know of any other current drivers who have tried sim racing but who knows :)
Jasper Coosemans1
(Group Elite)

Belgium 
Certified: 
Old post #33 posted Mar 20th 2020, 15:20:14 Quote 
Maybe Hülkenberg will take the opportunity to "be in F1 again". :D
Sam Wainwright
(Group Pro - 17)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #34 posted Mar 20th 2020, 15:50:52 Quote 
Wouldn't be overly surprised if Alonso got involved.
Josh Clark
(Group Master - 4)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #35 posted Mar 20th 2020, 16:36:34 Quote 
If there are F1 eSports drivers involved then the grid will be especially spread out. It will be interesting to see which of the F1 drivers decide to take a few "advantages" like traction control or ABS :)

Lando and Max are probably gonna be top of the F1 drivers though. Idk how good Alex is.
James Hitchen
(Group Amateur - 50)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #36 posted Mar 20th 2020, 18:00:40 (last edited Mar 20th 2020, 18:01:16 by James Hitchen) Quote 
Alex isn’t anywhere near as good as Lando and Max at it. Hulkenburg definitely won’t do it based on his last attempt at playing the game.

I imagine some of the big F1 YouTubers will be on the grid. I am hopeful Scott / ITB will be there but I know it’s unrealistic. I feel like Jack Aitken might be involved too since he’s that type of guy. I think Mahaveer Raghunathan was interested in taking part too (No, I’m not joking)
Alihan Zor
(Group Pro - 8)

Turkey 
Certified: 
Old post #37 posted Mar 20th 2020, 18:03:44 Quote 
Quote ( James Hitchen @ March 20th 2020,18:00:40 )

I think Mahaveer Raghunathan was interested in taking part too (No, I’m not joking)

The legend is returning to grid? :O I'll be waiting him to race at Baku again :)
Dominik Karda
(Group Pro - 2)

Czech Republic 
Certified: 
Old post #38 posted Mar 20th 2020, 18:05:08 Quote 
All we know is that Thibaut Courtois will be the champion
James Hitchen
(Group Amateur - 50)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #39 posted Mar 20th 2020, 18:50:06 Quote 
I think Latifi is doing it too now.
Lyee Chong
(Group Amateur - 61)

GPRO Crew
Malaysia 
Certified: 
Old post #40 posted Mar 30th 2020, 16:54:57 Quote 
I will just walk away if I'm Vettel with such a 'humiliated' new contract offer?
Martti Kaasik
(Group Amateur - 1)

Estonia 
Certified: 
Old post #41 posted Mar 30th 2020, 17:27:56 Quote 
What would be that "humiliating" sum then? I did not see any numbers just that with pay cut... and it's just first offer...
Josh Clark
(Group Master - 4)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #42 posted Apr 27th 2020, 19:06:03 Quote 
In other Motorsport news, Audi have just confirmed they will pull out of the DTM series after the 2020 season. After their exit from the WEC a few years ago this is quite big news for their Motorsport branch. I think it's only Formula E now that they're taking part in.

https://www.autosport.com/dtm/news/149182/audi-to-quit-dtm-a...

In the autosport article they mention that they want to pursue their electric sports vehicle development and that Formula E is a better platform to help with this, as well as looking into other progressive Motorsport formats in the future.

I suppose there is hardly any likelihood that they look to formula one for their racing thrills but with all their focus on one series, it could be possible that F1 brings up a rule change that could tempt the racing icon.
Calum MacKinnon
(Group Pro - 4)

Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #43 posted Apr 27th 2020, 19:38:07 Quote 
Think that might be the final nail in the coffin for DTM as a series. Shame because it used to be a fantastic series to watch even just a few years ago, but it's fallen off rapidly the last few years. When Mercedes left it seemed a matter of time, and now that only BMW are left I can't see how it's going to continue in its current form.
Calum MacKinnon
(Group Amateur - 25)

Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #44 posted May 12th 2020, 10:39:07 Quote 
It seems Vettel is to leave Ferrari at the end of the year. Probably the right decision for both parties, though it's unclear where Vettel goes from here. Would he be content toiling around in the Alfa like Kimi is? I'm not convinced, but I doubt he'll land in any of the top teams. Bar retirement I don't think he'll have any other options.

As for Ferrari, it's reportedly between Ricciardo, Sainz and Giovinazzi. The trouble with that is that Leclerc appears to be the defacto number one now, and it seems unlikely that Ricciardo or Sainz would agree to be number two. Giovinazzi probably would, but I'm not convinced that Ferrari is ready to hand him that seat just yet. It could be that they're throwing the whole first and second driver thing out the window, but after the incidents last season you would think they'd be after stability.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/52612216
Matt Sewell
(Group Rookie - 102)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #45 posted May 12th 2020, 10:51:49 Quote 
Seems a shame but Vettel's driving style never seems to have worked in the Ferrari Low drag (mostly legal) high straight line speed.

I can't see Vettel retiring so IMO a deal is pretty much done for a straight swap with Danny Ric or Sainz. Binotto has said they need experience so can't see Giovinazzi yet.

If you fancy some wild speculation how about...Vettel retires, Sainz to Ferrari and Alonso back for Mclaren? I can't see it but i do enjoy the thought (despite generally disliking Alonso outside of the car).

Going to be very interesting either way!
Manuel Sacco
(Group Amateur - 34)

Italy 
Certified: 
Old post #46 posted May 12th 2020, 11:01:10 Quote 
Lots of contracts expire at the end of this season.

I don't think Alonso will come back in F1 soon, he wants the Triple Crown so Indy is his priority now
Luke Frost
(Group Rookie - 11)

Australia 
Certified: 
Old post #47 posted May 12th 2020, 11:07:11 Quote 
Hopefully Ricciardo gets a spot at Ferrari. I'll just hope they can become title contenders so he can at least win one title. Him vs Leclerc would be a great team mate battle.
Sanjay Patel
(Group Amateur - 4)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #48 posted May 12th 2020, 11:43:05 Quote 
Ricciardo to Ferrari looks likely, I can't see Ferrari handing a drive to Giovinazzi, two inexperienced drivers is not what Ferrari want.

Outside chance of Hamilton to Ferrari but I think Kimi back to Ferrari for one year is more likely though. Proven driver and knows the team?

Sam Wainwright
(Group Master - 2)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #49 posted May 12th 2020, 12:04:45 Quote 
It does seem to be between Ricciardo and Sainz.

I'd rather it be Ricciardo, as I could see Sainz being a #2 driver otherwise.
Rob Wigley
(Group Rookie - 145)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #50 posted May 12th 2020, 12:14:21 Quote 
I hope it’s Ricciardo as it would be a good test for two quality drivers to really prove their worth, plus Ricciardo deserves a shot at a title or two, but my head says it will be Sainz. Quality driver but will definitely play the second driver role. Ferrari love to have a golden boy and now they’ve got that in Leclerc they won’t be looking to rock the boat with someone like Ricciardo imo.
Samuel Arthur
(Group Rookie - 98)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #51 posted May 12th 2020, 12:26:42 Quote 
Is there any possibility that Hulkenburg could sign as he has proven himself as very consistent in the midfield over the years and he would definitely be a reliable 2nd driver which is what I think Ferrari want. I think it is unlikely but not impossible.
Sam Wainwright
(Group Master - 2)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #52 posted May 12th 2020, 12:29:42 Quote 
Quote ( Samuel Arthur @ May 12th 2020,12:26:42 )

Is there any possibility that Hulkenburg could sign as he has proven himself as very consistent in the midfield over the years and he would definitely be a reliable 2nd driver which is what I think Ferrari want. I think it is unlikely but not impossible.

He actually was asked the other day and answered "maybe in the next lifetime".

So I don't think he expects so. Also, I think the reliability side of things goes out of the window considering he crashes every time he has a chance at a podium.

If we're naming consistent midfielders, Perez, who was a Ferrari junior, is a better shout, but I don't think that will happen either.
Manuel Sacco
(Group Amateur - 34)

Italy 
Certified: 
Old post #53 posted May 12th 2020, 20:11:50 Quote 
It's almost official: Sainz will join Ferrari soon in the next 24-48h
Lee Ifans
(Group Pro - 3)

Venezuela 
Certified: 
Old post #54 posted May 12th 2020, 20:25:15 Quote 
Quote ( Manuel Sacco @ May 12th 2020,20:11:50 )

It's almost official: Sainz will join Ferrari soon in the next 24-48h

Love it. Sainz at Ferrari will be a smooooooth operatiooooooon.
Dimitry Korotunenko
(Group Pro - 10)

Kyrgyzstan 
Certified: 
Like this post (5)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #55 posted May 12th 2020, 21:34:21 (last edited May 12th 2020, 21:49:04 by Dimitry Korotunenko) Quote 
https://s8.hostingkartinok.com/uploads/images/2020/05/2a6746...

What can you say about this choice in a Ferrari?
Samuel Arthur
(Group Rookie - 98)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #56 posted May 13th 2020, 12:27:01 Quote 

Quote ( Sam Wainwright @ May 12th 2020,12:29:42 )

If we're naming consistent midfielders, Perez, who was a Ferrari junior, is a better shout, but I don't think that will happen either.

I think that with Sebastian Vettel possibly going to Aston Martin next season as it's a new team, fresh start and might have Toto Wolff as team principle, could mean that seb and perez have been swapped.

I know this is unlikley but I see problems with Sainz, as he probably wants to stay at number one at McLaren, and Ricciardo as Ferrari won't want another battle for number 1 like last season.
Martti Kaasik
(Group Amateur - 1)

Estonia 
Certified: 
Old post #57 posted May 13th 2020, 12:48:08 Quote 
Quote ( Samuel Arthur @ May 13th 2020,12:27:01 )

I know this is unlikley but I see problems with Sainz, as he probably wants to stay at number one at McLaren, and Ricciardo as Ferrari won't want another battle for number 1 like last season.
UNCONFIRMED - SAINZ SET TO REPLACE VETTEL AT FERRARI !
According to Franco Nugnes of Motorsport Italia, Carlos Sainz will be confirmed as Charles Leclerc’s new Ferrari team-mate.
A preliminary agreement has already been made between Sainz Jr and Maranello with the announcement to be made official within the next 48 hours. Nugnes states that the deal between Sainz and Ferrari is only missing the ‘final details’.
Sainz has welcomed previous rumours linking him to Ferrari, saying he is confident in his own abilities to perform for any of the top teams.
I am confident in my abilities,” .
“Last year I took a very important step and I am capable of doing very good things in a McLaren, in a Ferrari or in a Mercedes.”Sainz said.
If Sainz does leave McLaren for Maranello, another driver on the Ferrari shortlist – Daniel Ricciardo – is believed to be one of the preferred options to replace him at McLaren.
Luke Frost
(Group Rookie - 11)

Australia 
Certified: 
Old post #58 posted May 13th 2020, 14:40:11 Quote 
So Leclerc's gonna be a #1 driver for a few good years then, good for him :)
(sorry to Sainz fans, but that is Ferrari's intention IMO)
Manuel Sacco
(Group Amateur - 34)

Italy 
Certified: 
Old post #59 posted May 13th 2020, 15:29:26 Quote 
Quote ( Luke Frost @ May 13th 2020,14:40:11 )

So Leclerc's gonna be a #1 driver for a few good years then, good for him :)
(sorry to Sainz fans, but that is Ferrari's intention IMO)

Actually he already was last year. Ferrari's strategy always preferred Leclerc to Vettel
Lee Ifans
(Group Pro - 3)

Venezuela 
Certified: 
Old post #60 posted May 13th 2020, 15:30:05 Quote 
Nothing wrong with being a #2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anAFOXDdkZw
Page « 1 [23 ... 22 23 24 » Quick go to page:

Reply to this topic