Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Suggestions forum > Different tyres racing in amateur Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist
Page « 1 2 3 ... 7 [89 » Quick go to page:
Forum topic poll
Do you think is good idea to bring in Amateur one more tyre supplier?
Sign in to vote or view the poll results
Author Topic: Different tyres racing in amateur 249 replies
Tibor Szuromi
(Group Amateur - 4)

Hungary 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #211 posted Sep 24th 2020, 21:28:40 Quote 
Quote ( Toni Kazanjyan @ September 24th 2020,21:18:07 )

i suggest to open tyre choice for testing, so we get to experience the different between tyre in many different conditions .

1. How much would it cost to choose rubber products?
It would distort changes in pilot, crew attribute. How would you compensate?

and may be we can add some extra testing season ( like pre season testing ) ?

which will not effect car character points, nor the finance.

2. Good suggestion.

and for fun add tech director also .

3. What would a practical implementation look like?
I don’t think that would add much to testing.
Vladimir Valis
(Group Amateur - 85)

Argentina 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #212 posted Sep 24th 2020, 21:39:31 Quote 

and for fun add tech director also .

I don't see anything fun on this :)

Quote ( Tibor Szuromi @ September 24th 2020,21:28:40 )

It would distort changes in pilot, crew attribute. How would you compensate?

Maybe we could have something like "tyres test" 5 times per seasons or so. Obviously gains on car, driver and staff shouldn't exist on these tests. I still have questions on how useful would these tests be tho.
Tibor Szuromi
(Group Amateur - 4)

Hungary 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #213 posted Sep 24th 2020, 21:57:58 Quote 
Quote ( Vladimir Valis @ September 24th 2020,21:39:31 )

Maybe we could have something like "tyres test" 5 times per seasons or so. Obviously gains on car, driver and staff shouldn't exist on these tests. I still have questions on how useful would these tests be tho.
There are not many practical benefits. It would help with tire wear. Anyway, it would dispel a myth. Of Rubber transporters mythos ...
Niels Van Heijster
(Group Pro - 12)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Like this post (5)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #214 posted Sep 24th 2020, 22:23:04 (last edited Sep 24th 2020, 22:42:11 by Niels Van Heijster) Quote 
Just throwing it out there ...

If anything, why not enable 1 test session (100laps) as we all know it, for AMA (or even for all) promoters in the week off between seasons to have a go at the different tyre suppliers?
* No gains/losses though for pilot or test points, but no part wear either, if possible.
* However, at a cost of a normal test session (1M) in exchange for the extra knowledge gained.

In 5x 20 or 10x 10 laps one could gain a bit of data to try and compare the different tyre suppliers. Just a little taste before deciding on the preferred tyre supplier for the season.
The pitfall: There's still the catch to keep an eye on the weather details in relation to the different tyre stats.
George Slater4
(Group Elite)

Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #215 posted Sep 25th 2020, 04:05:16 (last edited Sep 25th 2020, 04:06:04 by George Slater) Quote 
Quote ( Niels Van Heijster @ September 24th 2020,22:23:04 )

If anything, why not enable 1 test session (100laps) as we all know it, for AMA (or even for all) promoters in the week off between seasons to have a go at the different tyre suppliers?
* No gains/losses though for pilot or test points, but no part wear either, if possible.
* However, at a cost of a normal test session (1M) in exchange for the extra knowledge gained.

The amount of information that could be gained from such tests, in particular about the performance and peak temp of different tyres is far more than is available currently (at least in any easily-obtainable manner) and would lead to far less in-season discovery about the effectiveness of certain tyres and perhaps less interesting tyre selection in general. I don't know if either of those things are desirable, although I could understand perhaps the logic of allowing managers to compare durability which as it stands is already a much more directly comparable trait between tyres.

But I'm also unsure as to why even this is necessary, as patterns in durability and performance can often be discovered by looking at the races of the managers using them, which can be done by a manager in amateur or even rookie. Perhaps it can be hard to separate other factors in individual cases but general trends should at least reveal some insight into the different suppliers, nicely rewarding those who are interested in tyres before reaching pro and who spend the time looking into it. I for one like that aspect of the current model.
Tibor Szuromi
(Group Amateur - 4)

Hungary 
Certified: 
Old post #216 posted Sep 25th 2020, 06:27:05 Quote 
For each change , you should consider how popular the game is.
I don’t think making the game more complicated serves that.
Amitesh Patnaik
(Group Pro - 24)

India 
Certified: 
Like this post (8)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #217 posted Jan 20th 2021, 16:06:52 Quote 
Quote ( Jimmy De Roy @ September 14th 2020,08:49:29 )

You might wanna try to promote in amateur first before suggesting more tyres in amateur.

Oh hi!

Lookie here. Seems like in your words I have the right to say something.

My opinion remains the same. :)
Javier Nieto
(Group Pro - 22)

Spain 
Certified: 
Old post #218 posted Jan 20th 2021, 16:21:31 Quote 
*(Stand up and clap loudly)
Atli Thor Johannesson
(Group Pro - 1)

Iceland 
Certified: 
Like this post (4)   Dislike this post (4)
Old post #219 posted Jan 21st 2021, 08:10:17 (last edited Jan 21st 2021, 08:11:17 by Atli Thor Johannesson) Quote 
More tires in AMA, is the absolute best idea in the game, constantly being shot down.

I have read most of the replies i this thread, but fail to see a single good, or even a semi decent reason for not adding this to AMA.

Sometimes the Gpro "idea threshold managers", simply hurt the game imo.
Tibor Szuromi
(Group Amateur - 4)

Hungary 
Certified: 
Old post #220 posted Jan 21st 2021, 08:28:26 Quote 
Quote ( Atli Thor Johannesson @ January 21st 2021,08:10:17 )

More tires in AMA, is the absolute best idea in the game
Why?

The rookie is not working properly these days. That’s why you need the same rubber in the ama to help beginner (freshly ascending) players. Do not throw them into the deep water!
Darren Brown
(Group Amateur - 18)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (4)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #221 posted Jan 21st 2021, 08:41:38 Quote 
By all means i am no expert, but i would like to see at least 1 more option in AMA.

At least then a player can get a better understanding when it comes to Pro.

I managed to get to pro once, as i probably dont play the right way and it was more fluke than anything else. But when i had to choose tyres i didnt really know what i was looking at.

at least if there was 1 extra compound available you could have a little more knowledge in how the different manufactures work?
Thijs Rieken
(Group Amateur - 16)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #222 posted Jan 21st 2021, 09:55:18 Quote 

Quote ( Darren Brown @ January 21st 2021,08:41:38 )

By all means i am no expert, but i would like to see at least 1 more option in AMA.

At least then a player can get a better understanding when it comes to Pro.

I managed to get to pro once, as i probably dont play the right way and it was more fluke than anything else. But when i had to choose tyres i didnt really know what i was looking at.

at least if there was 1 extra compound available you could have a little more knowledge in how the different manufactures work?

I don't get this argument. Pro is supposed to be harder than Ama, right? Each level has its own way of seperating the "boys from the men"
Tibor Szuromi
(Group Amateur - 4)

Hungary 
Certified: 
Like this post (5)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #223 posted Jan 21st 2021, 10:22:05 Quote 
Amateur advantage is that the rubber does not affect the results. This should not be spoiled.
Johan Swanepoel
(Group Amateur - 13)

South Africa 
Certified: 
Like this post (8)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #224 posted Jan 21st 2021, 10:41:21 Quote 
I think (IMHO) that there is plenty to learn in Amateur level already, without adding the tire option as well.

Specifically, the sponsors and how to get them is trickier than rookie; financial management and its importance is another skill to hone up on; testing and its benefits and when to use are more difficult.....and more.

Admin have done a fine job of keeping you on your toes as you progress in the game. If you are unable to progress past amateur (and I have seen some managers who struggle with this), perhaps the abovementioned skills need to be better learnt first. Once these are known, one can tackle a new project in pro with tires.
Erik Harken
(Group Master - 1)

United States 
Certified: 
Like this post (10)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #225 posted Jan 21st 2021, 10:43:19 Quote 
The simplest reason not to add tyres is you will permanently change the finances of the entire game. Add all 9 options? Race results won’t pay enough. Limit it to Avon and Yoko? You will just create a scenario where all managers are forced to pay for a better tire or else risk relegation.

This is a much larger change than it seems.
Atli Thor Johannesson
(Group Pro - 1)

Iceland 
Certified: 
Like this post (7)   Dislike this post (2)
Old post #226 posted Jan 21st 2021, 14:31:58 (last edited Jan 21st 2021, 14:33:24 by Atli Thor Johannesson) Quote 
Quote ( Erik Harken @ January 21st 2021,10:43:19 )

The simplest reason not to add tyres is you will permanently change the finances of the entire game. Add all 9 options?

You only need to have 2 slightly different variants of Pipis, at the same cost... = No change in game finances.
By mirroring the rain/dry stats on the Pipis, you help newer managers understand the difference of the tire "bars" in Ama, making them more ready for the Pro tire selection, without fucking any game mechanics up.
These 2 variants would only be available in Ama.

It´s a win-win imo.

I really don´t get why people are against this.
Atli Thor Johannesson
(Group Pro - 1)

Iceland 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (2)
Old post #227 posted Jan 21st 2021, 14:37:59 (last edited Jan 21st 2021, 14:38:09 by Atli Thor Johannesson) Quote 
Quote ( Tibor Szuromi @ January 21st 2021,08:28:26 )

The rookie is not working properly these days. That’s why you need the same rubber in the ama to help beginner (freshly ascending) players. Do not throw them into the deep water!

A mirrored set of Pipis adds only a small amount to the complexity, but gives new managers insight into tires, not currently available in AMA.

Tibor Szuromi
(Group Amateur - 4)

Hungary 
Certified: 
Old post #228 posted Jan 21st 2021, 15:30:15 Quote 
Quote ( Atli Thor Johannesson @ January 21st 2021,14:37:59 )

A mirrored set of Pipis adds only a small amount to the complexity, but gives new managers insight into tires, not currently available in AMA.
This is another approach.
This could mean another tire supplier with the same price range.
... but is there a possibility of another tire that costs the same with other properties? (I don't trust him.)
Atli Thor Johannesson
(Group Pro - 1)

Iceland 
Certified: 
Old post #229 posted Jan 21st 2021, 16:02:43 Quote 
Quote ( Tibor Szuromi @ January 21st 2021,15:30:15 )

This could mean another tire supplier with the same price range.

No need for a new supplier, just a "tickbox" to mirror the wet/dry stats, only visible to amateurs.
(Obviously with a "?", to explain)
It would add a bit of flavor to Ama, without screwing with game mechanics
Kyle Morris
(Group Pro - 3)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #230 posted Jan 21st 2021, 16:49:13 Quote 
Quote ( Amitesh Patnaik @ January 20th 2021,16:06:52 )

Quote ( Jimmy De Roy @ September 14th 2020,08:49:29 )

You might wanna try to promote in amateur first before suggesting more tyres in amateur.

Oh hi!

Lookie here. Seems like in your words I have the right to say something.

My opinion remains the same. :)

Congrats on promoting
Now actually retain and use different tyres :p

When you promote from rookie, most people will still likely be a rookie. You don't want to be thrown straight in the deep end with hardly any data and all of a sudden find yourself having to get more data about different tyres, while still finding your feet, its daunting at the best of times for rookies let alone given them that also

If something was added between ama and rookie, sure, change it, but like, its just not a good idea giving amateur people a choice
Atli Thor Johannesson
(Group Pro - 1)

Iceland 
Certified: 
Old post #231 posted Jan 21st 2021, 16:56:47 (last edited Jan 21st 2021, 16:59:11 by Atli Thor Johannesson) Quote 
well, if you choose nothing as a beguinner, you get the standard dry version you already know from Rookie. :)
Athol Kay
(Group Amateur - 50)

United States 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #232 posted Jan 21st 2021, 17:02:55 Quote 
Quote ( Atli Thor Johannesson @ January 21st 2021,14:37:59 )

I'd change Pippi's into four different tire choices, all for $250,000 and make them all somewhat specialized into doing one of the the tire stats well.

So one fastest in the dry. Pippi Yellow.
One fastest in the wet. Pippi Blue.
One very durable. Pippi Green.
One very fast to warm up. Pippi Red.

This would be interesting, fun and educational. The various Pippi's would all feel like bad versions of some of the better tires.

Higher groups choosing Pippi's are still going to get horrible results, ama groups get some variety and new gameplay, finances are unchanged for all.

Color coding the various Pippi's means you don't have to invent three new supplier names and first letters, so no new formatting issues for displaying the tires on the standings et al.
Amitesh Patnaik
(Group Pro - 24)

India 
Certified: 
Like this post (4)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #233 posted Jan 21st 2021, 17:05:36 (last edited Jan 21st 2021, 17:09:08 by Amitesh Patnaik) Quote 
Quote ( Kyle Morris @ January 21st 2021,16:49:13 )

Congrats on promoting

Thanks man.

The thing is more about calling someone out for being a prick to newbies in general.
No offense but please do go through his profile. People like him make the environment a little toxic.

And well I did beat this guy in rookie ( /gb/ManagerProfile.asp?IDM=877137 ). Not a major achievement. That would be playing in 0CT with the 30th or worst fastest car for most part but that's not too special either. Anyone can do that.

By no means am I trying to say that Pro is easy. But Amateur is easy.
I don't care about spicing things up but I could really do with some experience on a different set of tyres to give me the confidence to take Yokos instead of Dunnos maybe. :D
Guilherme Franco
(Group Amateur - 57)

Brazil 
Certified: 
Old post #234 posted Jan 21st 2021, 17:23:28 Quote 
Quote ( Athol Kay @ January 21st 2021,17:02:55 )

One fastest in the wet. Pippi Blue.

pippi for wet please please, imagine being able to do retention in elite using pipis... oh thats actually already possible, my bad.
Mick Brownhill
(Group Amateur - 64)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #235 posted Jan 21st 2021, 18:07:29 Quote 
Just a thought, would it be a good idea if we could see what tyres other managers were racing with prior to race start. I know we can see if they are rain tyres but not dry tyres.
Darren Brown
(Group Amateur - 18)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #236 posted Jan 21st 2021, 18:14:05 Quote 
Quote ( Johan Swanepoel @ January 21st 2021,10:41:21 )

I don't get this argument. Pro is supposed to be harder than Ama, right? Each level has its own way of seperating the "boys from the men"
Tibor Szuromi
(Group Amateur - 4)

Certified:
(5) (1)
#223 posted today at 10:22:05

I wouldn't say it was an argument for. More my opinion.
I will go back to my boys cave now 😂
Gary Felton
(Group Pro - 3)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #237 posted Jan 21st 2021, 18:25:12 Quote 
3 types of pipis ..all same price but different compounds with different performance attributes
improved choice but not just to those that can afford it. would create more variables within each group
Twig Fahaji
(Group Master - 4)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (11)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #238 posted Jan 21st 2021, 19:03:55 Quote 
In my opinion one of the great things about GPRO is how it layers the game so that at each stage you are met with an additional challenge(s). You don't run before you can walk.

If you promote from rookie you've learnt how to set up your car and get basic race strategy right without going broke. Amateur requires a lot more planning to succeed and for new players it's not easy to get right. Even more experienced players can come unstuck there if they overlook something important.

So when players are grappling with all these new aspects of the game that they might not have realised were important in rookie (which after all, is fair enough, as rookie isn't where you are expected to have GPRO figured out), why add tyre variations to the mix?

If you can't make it out of Amateur, it's because you still need to work on elements of your account, and there is a lot to think about or experiment with before needing to add different tyres to the mix.
Atli Thor Johannesson
(Group Pro - 1)

Iceland 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (2)
Old post #239 posted Jan 21st 2021, 19:26:44 Quote 
Quote ( Twig Fahaji @ January 21st 2021,19:03:55 )

and there is a lot to think about or experiment with before needing to add different tyres to the mix.

They wont "need" too.
If they select nothing, it defaults to the standard.
Hence no problem.
Ken Neihart
(Group Pro - 10)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #240 posted Jan 21st 2021, 20:05:38 Quote 
Quote ( Mick Brownhill @ January 21st 2021,18:07:29 )

I know we can see if they are rain tyres but not dry tyres.

If you can see rain tyres then wouldn't that mean you can also see dry tyres as well?

Just sayin.
Page « 1 2 3 ... 7 [89 » Quick go to page:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Suggestions forum > Different tyres racing in amateur Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist

Reply to this topic