Page « 1 2 3 ... 6 [78 9 10 » Quick go to page:
Author Topic: Help GPRO Grow! 298 replies
Callum Charman
(Group Rookie - 116)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #181 posted Sep 2nd 2016, 20:35:01 Quote 
How about giving them free setups for 3 races that are mediocre but by no means perfect? The game could strongly encourage them to edit the free setups a little bit and see what increases lap time. It would certainly make them feel less overwhelmed by numbers and stats when they first try setting up the car. They'll have an idea of what works after 3 races of this, and so the game can let them loose and give them blank boxes to fill in thereafter.
Rick Jansen
(Group Rookie - 29)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #182 posted Sep 12th 2016, 22:08:54 Quote 
Games grow by word of mouth. Advertisement is often quite useless. So you want to make new players enthousiastic. To do so you need the simplify the game in lower levels and make more levels so people can grow.
- Remove the reset as it demotivates for the long term.
- Make the game less dependend on excel and other tooling. The game should be playable with only the game. Very relevant if you want to play it on a mobile phone.
- Create an (hybrid) app for IOS and Android
Jukka Sireni2
(Group Master - 4)

GPRO Crew
Finland 
Certified: 
Old post #183 posted Sep 12th 2016, 22:21:41 Quote 
Quote ( Rick Jansen @ September 12th 2016,22:08:54 )

- Remove the reset as it demotivates for the long term.

Promote. There is nothing more demotivating for new players than facing experienced players with more money and better car than them.

Quote ( Rick Jansen @ September 12th 2016,22:08:54 )

- Make the game less dependend on excel and other tooling. The game should be playable with only the game. Very relevant if you want to play it on a mobile phone.

I don't see how to do that. There needs to be some sort of tools, even if they were published by GPRO. And that would be strongly against FOBY you can't make them too accurate or you send all the regulars away.
Rick Jansen
(Group Rookie - 29)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Old post #184 posted Sep 12th 2016, 22:25:39 Quote 
I wonder why other big online games with similar gameplay do not have a reset? In al those games I was able to be competitive within 2 seasons and promote within 2 or 3.
Jukka Sireni2
(Group Master - 4)

GPRO Crew
Finland 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #185 posted Sep 12th 2016, 22:27:50 (last edited Sep 12th 2016, 22:28:14 by Jukka Sireni) Quote 
Promote here then. It should be even easier as you have level playing field. And as I said in your other thread, you can keep (and could easily have kept) your driver, and that's all you need in Rookie. So nothing important is reset.
Sanosuke Sagara
(Group Rookie - 179)

Argentina 
Certified: 
Old post #186 posted Sep 12th 2016, 23:02:28 Quote 
So.... why should I bother to "help" this game work when even the fake name reports are disregarded ?
Robin Goodey
(Group Master - 4)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #187 posted Sep 12th 2016, 23:15:09 Quote 
And how exactly do you know that? If the person doesn't log in again, their name can't be changed. And if they do log in, they will be given time to respond to any admin request to put a valid name.....
So when did you report someone?
Hamilton Gomes
(Group Amateur - 44)

Brazil 
Certified: 
Old post #188 posted Oct 21st 2016, 21:53:11 Quote 
should do like in real life in f1 car when out smoke at the races should leave time, would make the game better.
Jensen Owens
(Group Amateur - 71)

Wales 
Certified: 
Old post #189 posted Oct 21st 2016, 22:01:56 Quote 
I can get V's I'm sure they will help GPRO grow they seem to work for me : -)
Ashok Vijay
(Group Amateur - 113)

India 
Certified: 
Old post #190 posted Oct 29th 2016, 16:34:08 Quote 
1. Live race screen
2. Bit more information on car setup for noobies
Andrei Ciuchi
(Group Retired)

GPRO Crew
Romania 
Certified: 
Old post #191 posted Oct 29th 2016, 16:48:41 Quote 
Quote ( Ashok Vijay @ October 29th 2016,16:34:08 )

1. Live race screen

It's still work in progress. Have patience.

Waiting for another status update here:

/gb/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=20239
David Jones-Winkley
(Group Amateur - 3)

Wales 
Certified: 
Old post #192 posted Oct 29th 2016, 17:02:47 Quote 
Quote ( Ashok Vijay @ October 29th 2016,16:34:08 )

1. Live race screen
2. Bit more information on car setup for noobies

I don't think the live screen will make any difference in making newbies wanting to stay. The is a niche game and cosmetics don't cut it. Growth can only come from expanding the ways to play the game. Web based games are no longer with the times we live in.

Has Facebook and Twitter brought an increase to the numbers. The game needs to be on the itunes and Google play store but that means investment to create an app.

Stuart Foster
(Group Rookie - 5)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #193 posted Oct 29th 2016, 17:17:12 (last edited Oct 29th 2016, 17:22:40 by Stuart Foster) Quote 
We touched on it before but the game needs a side-game to the main thing that's easy access. build a calendar, invite people, choose specifics (tyre/driver profile limits), go race. The game can only grow by part of the game catering for people who want pick up and play and not lets wait 4 days and until we get to pro before the game is worth playing. Cos, that's how the kids of today will look at the current mechanics. If the game had two modes - the current long haul career mode and another that was as described here - then there might be some growth. Buit not with the current model anymore...sadly. It's just way too behind the times as David said. Motorsport manager has already grabbed this corner of the market though it seems. Generally people don't want to engage with things that involve a lot of waiting around. Just look a the attendances in 4/5 day cricket.
David Jones-Winkley
(Group Amateur - 3)

Wales 
Certified: 
Old post #194 posted Oct 30th 2016, 13:27:09 Quote 
here's a good enough place to start
Montes Dimemola
(Group Rookie - 38)

Romania 
Certified: 
Like this post (4)   Dislike this post (5)
Old post #195 posted Oct 30th 2016, 14:57:47 Quote 
IMHO (13 races in the game) the model should be like the feeder series and the elements involved the same.
So that would be like, for example:
Rookie - karting
Amateur - Formula Renault 2.0/F4
Pro - GP3/F3
Master - GP2
Elite - F1
and the levels of settings and controlable elements should be in accord, just as an example:
Rookie - staff and driver, tires type and fuel by user, everything else level and the same for all
Amateur - + engine and suspensions, driver training
Pro - + brakes and gears, TD
Master - all settings
I believe that having a system like this would be like a progression of sorts and would also be more interesting because there is always something new to discover and learn between tiers and would also ease in players into it and that way everyone can enjoy the game in different ways which is more appealing to them.
I know it is a little too late for a lot of members, but I just had this idea and I thought I'd share it (even if it's dumb or stupid)
Shawn Simmons
(Group Amateur - 7)

United States 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #196 posted Oct 30th 2016, 20:11:02 Quote 
Quote ( Montes Dimemola @ October 30th 2016,14:57:47 )

IMHO (13 races in the game) the model should be like the feeder series and the elements involved the same.
So that would be like, for example:
Rookie - karting
Amateur - Formula Renault 2.0/F4
Pro - GP3/F3
Master - GP2
Elite - F1
and the levels of settings and controlable elements should be in accord, just as an example:
Rookie - staff and driver, tires type and fuel by user, everything else level and the same for all
Amateur - + engine and suspensions, driver training
Pro - + brakes and gears, TD
Master - all settings
I believe that having a system like this would be like a progression of sorts and would also be more interesting because there is always something new to discover and learn between tiers and would also ease in players into it and that way everyone can enjoy the game in different ways which is more appealing to them.
I know it is a little too late for a lot of members, but I just had this idea and I thought I'd share it (even if it's dumb or stupid)

I like this idea!!
Vaughan Lavender
(Group Rookie - 82)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #197 posted Nov 14th 2016, 18:11:33 Quote 
i like this idea to
Anna Nagy
(Group Rookie - 42)

Romania 
Certified: 
Like this post (8)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #198 posted Nov 14th 2016, 18:23:04 Quote 
I don't like the idea. I think the opposite.
I play from long time and I never went over the Amateur level. This mean for example that I could never enjoy the tyre suppliers to choose or to have the technical director.
I just play the 50% of the game possibility and I never had the possibility to play the remaining 50%. And should I pay full price as support for to play just half game? I don't think so.
John De Courcy
(Group Rookie - 62)

Ireland 
Certified: 
Old post #199 posted Feb 12th 2017, 15:14:38 Quote 
I can see where you are coming from, but what attracted me to GPRO was the F1 element.

Just like F1 ROOKIE teams always exist ie Suaber, Manor, Jordan. So to keep the realism I think is good.

As in all sports you have to start somewhere to gain experience and learn to nuances associated with the sport.

Karting, Rallying etc are all different. I think GPRO should be left as is, to mimic the world of F1. Seeing Karting as the first level would not have enticed me to participate or join.
Arley Fernando Chávez Suárez
(Group Rookie - 131)

Colombia 
Certified: 
Old post #200 posted Jul 29th 2017, 11:49:44 Quote 
I think that the opportunities in Rookie and amateur must will big, why said this, have managers with experience in pro, master and elite, and this doesn't advantage for who desire up to high categories, alone move to rookie and amateur, anymore win races managers with initial advantage (pilots, cars and money) must will be equalties, I suggery alls the managers that going from Rookie until conserve those apparent advantage and those managers that co
became of pro and master lose your advantage and staid in equal condition..

Arley Chavez
To: administrators
Thanks
Rookie Groups
Brad Park
(Group Amateur - 105)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #201 posted Aug 4th 2017, 00:42:08 Quote 
I know this idea comes from my time playing Motorsport Manager but I think GPRO coudl introduce a system where team could design parts for their cars which would make the outcomes in races quite different and more random.

I know we have the testing but I think so much more could be done in the long term to make it feel even more of a F1 manager game :)
Julio Pereira
(Group Pro - 9)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Old post #202 posted Aug 22nd 2017, 22:11:23 Quote 
Vladimir Alexandrov

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Roy Mitchell
(Group Amateur - 39)

Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #203 posted Aug 22nd 2017, 23:35:53 Quote 
He's not here either.
Andrei Ciuchi
(Group Retired)

GPRO Crew
Romania 
Certified: 
Old post #204 posted Aug 23rd 2017, 05:05:03 Quote 
Julio, if you really want to speak to the man, send him a private message. It's easier than posting his name in every topic. Just saying. :)
Willie Avent
(Group Amateur - 49)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #205 posted Nov 24th 2017, 12:13:05 Quote 
Are we having a black Friday Supporters sale ???
Jimmy De Roy
(Group Pro - 1)

Belgium 
Certified: 
Old post #206 posted Nov 24th 2017, 13:27:02 Quote 
Quote ( Willie Avent @ November 24th 2017,12:13:05 )

Are we having a black Friday Supporters sale ???

Well i had them in my dreams, worked out fine ;)
Dan Tyler
(Group Rookie - 143)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (7)
Old post #207 posted Aug 19th 2018, 15:02:31 Quote 
This game is just a txt based game, there is no live feature, races are pre decided, strategy changes cannot be made during races live, and the foby nature of members appears unfriendly to newbies.

This is an outdated game in a world where app/gamds are king, 5 min concentration limits mean this type of game are dead.

Put your time and effort into bringing thjs game into the app world.

Igp manager is your model, do that but with more in depth bits and your onto a winner
Andrew Wilden
(Group Pro - 5)

Australia 
Certified: 
Like this post (6)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #208 posted Aug 19th 2018, 15:15:51 (last edited Aug 19th 2018, 15:17:22 by Andrew Wilden) Quote 
Interesting comments from someone who has retired multiple times, yet keeps coming back. Notice you have never retained Amateur though.

Haven't you read the forums ?
Live race updates/ changes have been discussed multiple times. It can't and WON'T ever happen because it is completely unfair due to time zones. For example race start for me ATM is 4:00am. Why should I be up every race to adjust a race strategy, when the race has actually been pre run already an hour and a half earlier.

Maybe worry more about your own account IF you want to consider continuing with the game, before trying to change things to suit yourself.
Michael Jones
(Group Pro - 18)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (4)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #209 posted Aug 19th 2018, 15:40:48 Quote 
Arent all these App games the type where you can race as many times as you wish each day and you just enter a few numbers and thats it ..

Guess its made for pre - teen kids .
Casper Elshof
(Group Rookie - 3)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Old post #210 posted Aug 23rd 2018, 09:41:39 Quote 
Although I'm pretty new here, I have been playing online manager-type games since 2003. I think it is fair to say that the heyday of this type of game is over.
But it still has a place and I'm also sure that there is room for growth. I do agree with Dan that apps on mobile would be the place to expand to. I disagree that live features or pre decided are an issue.

For an app, I can see the option of adding customizable leagues, where you compete with friends or random other users and you would have a daily race or at the interval you as league manager set.
You would use your normal car and driver, but without any changes in experience or wear of the car.
Page « 1 2 3 ... 6 [78 9 10 » Quick go to page:

Reply to this topic