Σελίδα [1
Συγγραφέας Θέμα: Change strategy 20 απαντήσεις
Pietro Bruni
(Γκρουπ Amateur - 18)

Αναρτήσεις: 6
  Χώρα:
Ιταλία 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Μου αρέσει η ανάρτηση (0)   Δεν μου αρέσει η ανάρτηση (16)
Παλιά ανάρτηση #1 Αναρτήθηκε 5 Αυγ 2019, 15:48:32 Παράθεση 
The best should be cen change strategy during the race changing programmed pit and fuel or compound, like a real race..
Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo
(Γκρουπ Pro - 1)

Αναρτήσεις: 2729
  Χώρα:
Μεξικό 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Μου αρέσει η ανάρτηση (16)   Δεν μου αρέσει η ανάρτηση (0)
Παλιά ανάρτηση #2 Αναρτήθηκε 5 Αυγ 2019, 15:58:06 Παράθεση 
One of the main principles behind this game is that all managers have the same chances to win.

As you are aware this is global game and while it is the evening in Europe It is midnight in India. 4 am in Australia and the middle of the workday in America and thus most managers are not able to online during the race.

Would that not be unfair for them?

Otoh the race is ran between 18:30 and 20:00 CET and what you.see is a graphical representation of that event.

You can't interact with something that has already occurred.
Tomek Kiełpiński
(Γκρουπ Elite)

Αναρτήσεις: 5682
  Χώρα:
Πολωνία 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Μου αρέσει η ανάρτηση (4)   Δεν μου αρέσει η ανάρτηση (0)
Παλιά ανάρτηση #3 Αναρτήθηκε 5 Αυγ 2019, 16:00:19 (τελευταία επεξεργασία 5 Αυγ 2019, 16:06:59 από Tomek Kiełpiński) Παράθεση 
Not with this game engine.

The race is just a graphical replay of calculations done 1 hour earlier. Any change during the race would mean recalculation of all data related to the group.

Maybe you should look for a racing game with management aspects and not a management game?

Edit: And of course what has been said about timezones and unfair competition.
Thijs Rieken
(Γκρουπ Amateur - 37)

Αναρτήσεις: 1042
  Χώρα:
Ολλανδία 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Μου αρέσει η ανάρτηση (0)   Δεν μου αρέσει η ανάρτηση (2)
Παλιά ανάρτηση #4 Αναρτήθηκε 5 Αυγ 2019, 16:04:41 Παράθεση 
If you mean live changes during the race - no. There are players from all kinds of time zones, allowing changes to be made live would give an advantage to those that are awake and not working/driving or something else.
GPRO is a management game, not a live racing game. Also, I don't believe the game engine would allow for something like that since (I believe) the race itself is calculated/generated before it gets broadcasted.

If you mean giving managers options to change compounds as part of their pre-set strategy, I think that could add some depth to the game. However, it's something that has been discussed plenty of times already and without any result.
Ben Greenwood
(Γκρουπ Rookie - 76)

Χώρα:
Αγγλία 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Μου αρέσει η ανάρτηση (1)   Δεν μου αρέσει η ανάρτηση (2)
Παλιά ανάρτηση #5 Αναρτήθηκε 6 Αυγ 2019, 11:32:37 Παράθεση 
you could allow for all this if you extend the "if technical..." & "if rain..." sections

let the managers set up multiple strategies before the race, just like you hear the drivers in F1 at the minute, especially Ferrari.

"go to plan C" was a radio message for seb at the weekend
Jay De Snoo
(Γκρουπ Pro - 11)

Αναρτήσεις: 928
  Χώρα:
Ολλανδία 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Μου αρέσει η ανάρτηση (0)   Δεν μου αρέσει η ανάρτηση (2)
Παλιά ανάρτηση #6 Αναρτήθηκε 6 Αυγ 2019, 11:52:16 Παράθεση 
Quote ( Ben Greenwood @ August 6th 2019,11:32:37 )

let the managers set up multiple strategies before the race

If only there were spreadsheet programs where you could calculate different strategies on...
Ben Greenwood
(Γκρουπ Rookie - 76)

Χώρα:
Αγγλία 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Μου αρέσει η ανάρτηση (0)   Δεν μου αρέσει η ανάρτηση (0)
Παλιά ανάρτηση #7 Αναρτήθηκε 6 Αυγ 2019, 12:07:24 Παράθεση 
Quote ( Jay De Snoo @ August 6th 2019,11:52:16 )

Quote ( Ben Greenwood @ August 6th 2019,11:32:37 )

let the managers set up multiple strategies before the race

If only there were spreadsheet programs where you could calculate different strategies on...

Yes... but you can only use 1 strategy

It would be much more realistic to be able to have multiple strategies if the race changes, that is what the post is about
Michael Jones
(Γκρουπ Pro - 25)

Αναρτήσεις: 1386
  Χώρα:
Αγγλία 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Παλιά ανάρτηση #8 Αναρτήθηκε 6 Αυγ 2019, 12:33:51 Παράθεση 
BEN.

The post is about changing strategy live while race is on not about setting different strategies.
Chris Shaw
(Γκρουπ Pro - 25)

Αναρτήσεις: 890
  Χώρα:
Αγγλία 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Μου αρέσει η ανάρτηση (2)   Δεν μου αρέσει η ανάρτηση (0)
Παλιά ανάρτηση #9 Αναρτήθηκε 6 Αυγ 2019, 12:45:09 Παράθεση 
Regardless, both the ideas are bad in my opinion. A good strategy is one that works in all situations. So if the weather changes, you should account for that uncertainty and ensure that your strategy handles all outcomes, even a worst-case scenario. The manager is also responsible for predicting whether they will lose places at the start, how they will be held up and what strategy other players will use. So having a feature that lets you switch is just saying you aren't making those predictions.
Ben Greenwood
(Γκρουπ Rookie - 76)

Χώρα:
Αγγλία 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Παλιά ανάρτηση #10 Αναρτήθηκε 6 Αυγ 2019, 12:47:32 Παράθεση 
which is explained, you can't do because it makes it unfair on different time zones...

so the only fair way to get strategy changes which happen during the race,would be to set up parameters before the race.

Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo
(Γκρουπ Pro - 1)

Χώρα:
Μεξικό 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Μου αρέσει η ανάρτηση (1)   Δεν μου αρέσει η ανάρτηση (0)
Παλιά ανάρτηση #11 Αναρτήθηκε 6 Αυγ 2019, 13:14:22 Παράθεση 
Quote ( Ben Greenwood @ August 6th 2019,12:47:32 )

which is explained, you can't do because it makes it unfair on different time zones...

so the only fair way to get strategy changes which happen during the race,would be to set up parameters before the race.

So the idea is to complicate the setup.
Newbies have issues with the serup as it is right now and you want to add more variables?

Of course later I will hear the complaints about why it did not or did reset after the race etc.

Take this race for example.

You can use one dry compound and set your strategy at 85% tyre wear, you want.to add some variables.as to add more fuel for two laps.if.it stops raining between lap x and lap y and extend your stint 2-3 laps so wear is up to 95% and thus avoid a pitstop?

Soumds reasonable but not easy to be done and complicated for newbies. Or you want to add more.changes like different CTR or tyre compound?
Let's keep piling the variables making it.more complicated and with more.room for complaints.

Naah keept it like it is righr now makes you think more and take more educated risks (just like earlier this season where you had to decide to start with rain or slick tyres)
Ben Greenwood
(Γκρουπ Rookie - 76)

Χώρα:
Αγγλία 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Παλιά ανάρτηση #12 Αναρτήθηκε 6 Αυγ 2019, 13:26:13 Παράθεση 
Quote ( Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo @ August 6th 2019,13:14:22 )

Naah keept it like it is righr now makes you think more and take more educated risks (just like earlier this season where you had to decide to start with rain or slick tyres)

I agree, i think it would make it very complicated.

I was just saying it would be possible to have a strategy B which you set before the race.

I personally think there is enough to learn for newbs already & there are more obvious changes which would help the game tactically.

multiple tyre compounds for example seems a no brainer for me
Thijs Rieken
(Γκρουπ Amateur - 37)

Χώρα:
Ολλανδία 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Παλιά ανάρτηση #13 Αναρτήθηκε 6 Αυγ 2019, 17:02:02 Παράθεση 
You could always get rid of the Newbie argument by unlocking advanced strategy mechanics only in higher tiers. But, I agree going to an if-this-then-that type of strategy making might not really fit this game.

Using multiple compounds in a race, however, still allows for one single strategy.
José Marques
(Γκρουπ Amateur - 76)

Αναρτήσεις: 61
  Χώρα:
Πορτογαλία 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Παλιά ανάρτηση #14 Αναρτήθηκε 6 Αυγ 2019, 19:59:36 Παράθεση 
Quote ( Tomek Kiełpiński @ August 5th 2019,16:00:19 )

Edit: And of course what has been said about timezones and unfair competition.

And people who don't really have the time (or the patience) to watch the race
Mick Ridley
(Γκρουπ Master - 4)

GPRO προσωπικό
Αναρτήσεις: 2604
  Χώρα:
Αγγλία 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Παλιά ανάρτηση #15 Αναρτήθηκε 6 Αυγ 2019, 20:09:55 Παράθεση 
Quote ( Thijs Rieken @ August 6th 2019,17:02:02 )

You could always get rid of the Newbie argument by unlocking advanced strategy mechanics only in higher tiers. But, I agree going to an if-this-then-that type of strategy making might not really fit this game.

Using multiple compounds in a race, however, still allows for one single strategy.

Everyone qualifying on ES though?

Thijs Rieken
(Γκρουπ Amateur - 37)

Χώρα:
Ολλανδία 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Παλιά ανάρτηση #16 Αναρτήθηκε 6 Αυγ 2019, 22:11:03 Παράθεση 
Would you? I wouldn't if that extra stop wasn't worth it.
Mick Ridley
(Γκρουπ Master - 4)

GPRO προσωπικό
Αναρτήσεις: 2604
  Χώρα:
Αγγλία 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Παλιά ανάρτηση #17 Αναρτήθηκε 6 Αυγ 2019, 22:14:18 Παράθεση 
Quote ( Mick Ridley @ August 6th 2019,20:09:55 )

Multiple compounds, means using multiple tyre compounds? Qualify on ES, then set a proper strategy using best strategy
?

Jasper Coosemans1
(Γκρουπ Master - 2)

Αναρτήσεις: 3021
  Χώρα:
Βέλγιο 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Μου αρέσει η ανάρτηση (2)   Δεν μου αρέσει η ανάρτηση (0)
Παλιά ανάρτηση #18 Αναρτήθηκε 6 Αυγ 2019, 22:29:11 Παράθεση 
It could be interesting if you were forced to start on the tyre you qualified with.
Alessandro Casagrande
(Γκρουπ Pro - 13)

Αναρτήσεις: 2695
  Χώρα:
Ιταλία 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Παλιά ανάρτηση #19 Αναρτήθηκε 6 Αυγ 2019, 23:34:56 Παράθεση 
Conditional strategies / orders would be extremely interesting, imho. Very difficult to implement probably and very hard for rookies to handle, but it would be a nice improvement. There are already some setup that are not used by rookies or are used without having a clue.
Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo
(Γκρουπ Pro - 1)

Χώρα:
Μεξικό 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Παλιά ανάρτηση #20 Αναρτήθηκε 7 Αυγ 2019, 00:58:51 Παράθεση 
Quote ( Jasper Coosemans @ August 6th 2019,22:29:11 )

It could be interesting if you were forced to start on the tyre you qualified with.

You are currently forced why change it?
George Slater4
(Γκρουπ Master - 1)

Αναρτήσεις: 603
  Χώρα:
Καναδάς 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Παλιά ανάρτηση #21 Αναρτήθηκε 11 Αυγ 2019, 08:11:27 Παράθεση 
Quote ( Mick Ridley @ August 6th 2019,20:09:55 )

Everyone qualifying on ES though?

I'm not for using multiple compounds in a race because I don't think it would really improve the game, but there's no reason if such a change was implemented that there couldn't be restrictions on the tyres you qualify with. What would make the most sense to me is mandating that your qualifying tyre is the hardest compound you can use in the race. So if you qualify on extra softs it would mean you could only use extra softs (or rains) in the race, but if you qualify on hards you could use any compound in the race.
Σελίδα [1

Απαντήστε στο θέμα