Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Newbie forum > Sponsor Question in Rookie Temu stavi na listu ignoriranja Temu stavi na listu praćenja
Stranica [1
Začetnik Tema: Sponsor Question in Rookie 22 odgovora
Mark Gill
(Grupa Rookie - 211)

Teme: 19
  Država:
S.A.D. 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #1 objavljeno 6 Pro 2012, 16:53:20 Citat 
Hi everyone,

New season in rookie, first race hasn't happened yet, and there are four sponsors in my group that have negotiation progress underway and one of them is already at 91%!

How does that happen?
Harsh Sheth
(Grupa Amateur - 43)

Teme: 896
  Država:
Indija 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)
Stari post #2 objavljeno 6 Pro 2012, 16:54:39 Citat 
i hope its not FOBY(i dont see any reason why it should be)

cos i want to know the answer to this one too :D
Rusty Rafferty
(Grupa Amateur - 60)

Teme: 2565
  Država:
Sjeverna Irska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #3 objavljeno 6 Pro 2012, 16:54:39 Citat 
people that have promoted are negotiating with them
Mark Eadie
(Grupa Amateur - 56)

Teme: 320
  Država:
Škotska 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (1)
Stari post #4 objavljeno 6 Pro 2012, 16:55:01 Citat 
promoters out the group still ongoing with them
Michael Winkley
(Grupa Master - 4)

Teme: 33335
  Država:
Wales 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #5 objavljeno 6 Pro 2012, 16:55:35 Citat 
Quote ( Mark Gill @ December 6th 2012,16:53:20 )

How does that happen?

Those will be the ongoing negotiations of managers that promoted out of Rookie last season; the Rookie reset only affects those managers that will be in Rookie after it.
Harsh Sheth
(Grupa Amateur - 43)

Teme: 896
  Država:
Indija 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #6 objavljeno 6 Pro 2012, 16:55:39 Citat 
Quote ( Rusty Rafferty @ December 6th 2012,16:54:39 )

people that have promoted are negotiating with them

does that mean that the sponsor i was negotiating with didnt cancel the negotiations cos i promoted and there was probably some other reason?
Mark Gill
(Grupa Rookie - 211)

Teme: 19
  Država:
S.A.D. 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #7 objavljeno 6 Pro 2012, 16:57:44 Citat 
Ah ok. So those progress percentages are not referring to my competitors in my group. Got it. thanks!
Freddie Higgs
(Grupa Rookie - 283)

Teme: 865
  Država:
Engleska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #8 objavljeno 6 Pro 2012, 17:01:12 Citat 
Quote ( Harsh Sheth @ December 6th 2012,16:55:39 )

does that mean that the sponsor i was negotiating with didnt cancel the negotiations cos i promoted and there was probably some other reason?

Most probably yes

Quote ( Mark Gill @ December 6th 2012,16:57:44 )

Ah ok. So those progress percentages are not referring to my competitors in my group. Got it. thanks!

Exactly. Some Sponsors are group specific, but obviously when you are negotiating your sponsor, your looking at that sponsor for the next season, anyway so the likelyhood of them pulling out because you promoted is highly unlikely
Kevin Parkinson
(Grupa Pro - 4)

GPRO Ekipa
Teme: 14356
  Država:
Škotska 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (1)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)
Stari post #9 objavljeno 6 Pro 2012, 20:55:20 Citat 
Quote ( Freddie Higgs @ December 6th 2012,17:01:12 )

Some Sponsors are group specific

All sponsors are group specific, but once you are in negotiations you can continue in negotiations even if you change group. No one out with your group can start negotiations with a sponsor that you can.
Regan Macneil
(Grupa Rookie - 166)

Teme: 4
  Država:
Australija 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #10 objavljeno 1 Velj 2013, 10:46:15 Citat 
How come it takes nearly a full season to negotiate with a sponsor? Now ive read that because ive said i will be champion they are likely to pull out of negotiations now. What a total waste of time and effort if thats the case.

Should i have 10 negotiations going on at all times, even when i have sponsors on my car? and at what sort of percentage will i get an answer from them. I negotiated one sponsor last season and it seemed to go through quite quickly, so this time i set up many of them and its taking forever, is that because of the number i have on the boil at once, or some other reason?
Kevin Parkinson
(Grupa Pro - 4)

GPRO Ekipa
  Država:
Škotska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #11 objavljeno 1 Velj 2013, 10:48:18 (zadnji uredio1 Velj 2013, 10:49:33 od Kevin Parkinson) Citat 
Regan, a lot of the sponsor questions you ask, about the best way to negotiate, is something that can't be shared on the public forum, and probably up for great debate anyway. You should experiment with different methods and record your findings, taking all the factors that you believe could have an impact in to account.

Obviously, if you negotiate with more than one sponsor, your progress per sponsor per race will be lower than if you used all your resources to negotiate with one. But if you only negotiate with one, then will you ever get 5 sponsors on your car at once?
Ed Vermeer
(Grupa Amateur - 28)

Teme: 159
  Država:
Nizozemska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #12 objavljeno 1 Velj 2013, 23:07:29 Citat 
Quote ( Regan Macneil @ February 1st 2013,10:46:15 )

champion

There is no such thing as being champion in Rookie
Keri Lovell
(Grupa Rookie - 30)

Teme: 10068
  Država:
Wales 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (3)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)
Stari post #13 objavljeno 1 Velj 2013, 23:13:22 (zadnji uredio1 Velj 2013, 23:13:30 od Keri Lovell) Citat 
Quote ( Ed Vermeer @ February 1st 2013,23:07:29 )

They should changed the wording then or in fact just simply take the option away for anyone below Elite
Regan Macneil
(Grupa Rookie - 166)

Država:
Australija 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #14 objavljeno 2 Velj 2013, 01:24:34 Citat 
Yes Ed, i know this now. But when a sponsor asks me for the first time what my goals are for next season, then being champion seemed like a reasonable response. Clearly it wasnt because, as you say, there is no such thing in rookie. I assumed winning my group or whatever im in was what they were referring to, so it should be as Keri says, and they should remove that option all together to save rookies wasting their time.
Im pretty sure the first time i got a sponsor on my car they didnt ask this question, but maybe i just missed it. I also hedged my bets a bit when i had 4 sponsors asking the same thing and went for a variety of answers, but champion was an option i took for half of them as I based my answers on the sponsors level of expectations.
Florencia Caro
(Grupa Amateur - 31)

GPRO Ekipa
Teme: 17129
  Država:
Argentina 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #15 objavljeno 2 Velj 2013, 01:30:41 (zadnji uredio2 Velj 2013, 01:30:59 od Florencia Caro) Citat 
I agree with Keri that having the option open can be misleading. Though, I also think rookies should pay more attention to the newcomers reading material as The Rules, FAQ's, N00b Guide and Wiki, as it's clearly stated there that any manager out of Elite would be lying if answering Champion ;)
Kevin Parkinson
(Grupa Pro - 4)

GPRO Ekipa
  Država:
Škotska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #16 objavljeno 2 Velj 2013, 01:33:54 Citat 
Quote ( Keri Lovell @ February 1st 2013,23:13:22 )

Quote ( Ed Vermeer @ February 1st 2013,23:07:29 )

They should changed the wording then or in fact just simply take the option away for anyone below Elite

What about in Master if someone intends to promote?

Or what if you want to try telling a lie to your sponsor to try and get a better deal from them? (That's not advice, newbies :p)

I agree it could certainly be reworded though.
Keri Lovell
(Grupa Rookie - 30)

Država:
Wales 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #17 objavljeno 2 Velj 2013, 01:37:20 Citat 
Quote ( Kevin Parkinson @ February 2nd 2013,01:33:54 )

What about in Master if someone intends to promote?

I dont remember exactly what it says but you cant be champion in Master either :-p
Liam Johnson
(Grupa Amateur - 49)

Teme: 500
  Država:
Engleska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #18 objavljeno 2 Velj 2013, 01:51:14 Citat 
Quote ( Keri Lovell @ February 2nd 2013,01:37:20 )

I dont remember exactly what it says but you cant be champion in Master either :-p

Think Kevin means if you intend to promote into Elite with the goal of being the champion, after all the question asks what you intend to do in the next season and not the current one.
Joe Manifold
(Grupa Amateur - 64)

Teme: 12472
  Država:
Engleska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #19 objavljeno 2 Velj 2013, 01:52:41 Citat 
Quote ( Regan Macneil @ February 1st 2013,10:46:15 )

How come it takes nearly a full season to negotiate with a sponsor?

If I'm right in saying (please anyone tell me if I'm wrong, don't wanna make an utter fool of myself), the speed of sponsor negotiations will depend on the amount of sponsors you are negotiating with, and your race results (better race results will quicken the negotiations).
Regan Macneil
(Grupa Rookie - 166)

Država:
Australija 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #20 objavljeno 2 Velj 2013, 06:34:41 Citat 
Thanks Joe, seeing as ive been negotiating with so many for near the entirety of the season, i think i might thin them out, but see a few to the bitter end, so as not to waste my time completely. Depending on their current % of course.

Its good to know for next time though. :)
Keri Lovell
(Grupa Rookie - 30)

Država:
Wales 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #21 objavljeno 2 Velj 2013, 08:39:45 (zadnji uredio2 Velj 2013, 08:43:01 od Keri Lovell) Citat 
Quote ( Liam Johnson @ February 2nd 2013,01:51:14 )

Think Kevin means if you intend to promote into Elite with the goal of being the champion, after all the question asks what you intend to do in the next season and not the current one.

Ah indeed. Thanks. maybe I should rephrase then, take the option out of any group that it cannot possibly happen.

Iirc. it is:

Championship win
Promotion / top 4 position
Mid table position
Low table position
Relegate with cash

4 are relevant in all the groups (though technically only 3 are relevant in rookie!) and one will lose you a sponsor guaranteed below master.

So just get rid.

Milivoj Pomper
(Grupa Amateur - 68)

Teme: 446
  Država:
Slovenija 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #22 objavljeno 2 Velj 2013, 10:30:16 Citat 
Just because there is an option that you shouldn't use we should get rid of it??

Than we should eliminate option to take BR or Michi tyres in master and pro or put a salary cap for drivers in Rookie and there is a lot more example's like that.

If somebody makes a mistake,he will learn from it,or he can just use Forum search and learn from other people's mistakes.There is plenty of info available on just about every aspect of the game.
Kevin Parkinson
(Grupa Pro - 4)

GPRO Ekipa
  Država:
Škotska 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (2)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)
Stari post #23 objavljeno 2 Velj 2013, 10:40:18 Citat 
I don't think we should lose it, as you could want to deliberately exaggerate your goals to the sponsor you are negotiating with. Also, you could be seasons away from actually signing that sponsor, which may impact your answers.

However, although it is covered in the Wiki, I see no reason for the answer to be misleading. Simply change the answer to Elite Championship and problem solved.
Stranica [1
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Newbie forum > Sponsor Question in Rookie Temu stavi na listu ignoriranja Temu stavi na listu praćenja

Odgovori na tu temu