Začetnik Tema: qualifying 20 odgovora
Marc Wagoner
(Grupa Rookie - 221)

Teme: 8
  Država:
S.A.D. 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #1 objavljeno 28 Lis 2014, 03:09:07 Citat 
I used rain tyres for q1, extra soft for q2. I used the same settings for both, however my (common sense, LOL) tells me that I would need less wing settings for the extra soft tyres on dry track. Sooo. would I get faster lap times during the race by reducing the wings? Any help is appreciated, thanks.
Daniel Douglas
(Grupa Pro - 2)

Teme: 3806
  Država:
S.A.D. 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (6)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)
Stari post #2 objavljeno 28 Lis 2014, 03:12:31 Citat 
Stepping into that relm of things that cannot be told to you directly in a public forum, but....

Car settings are definitely impacted by weather, and are highly likely to change between wet and dry.
Tianhao Chen
(Grupa Pro - 4)

Teme: 660
  Država:
Kina 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (2)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (9)
Stari post #3 objavljeno 28 Lis 2014, 03:12:32 Citat 
That is something you need to find out by yourself.
Florencia Caro
(Grupa Elite)

GPRO Ekipa
Teme: 17147
  Država:
Argentina 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (7)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)
Stari post #4 objavljeno 28 Lis 2014, 03:17:20 Citat 
First, congrats on picking rain compound for Q1 :D

Lack of racing experience and data are a challenge now you are getting started, so things like this will be happening to you for some time. Once you experience racing on a track under different conditions and you join a team to share data with, you'll be able to spot how those conditions vary your car setup, and the wingsplit that works better for each situation.

Using same setup for different weather conditions represents you are not using the best setup possible. Depending on track, driver, car and weather, those conditions can represent a bigger or a smaller difference between dry and wet setup. How to find the best setup for each situation is something you will need to work out with your team mates :)
Stuart McIntyre
(Grupa Pro - 21)

Teme: 3637
  Država:
Škotska 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)
Stari post #5 objavljeno 28 Lis 2014, 03:25:04 Citat 
Quote ( Daniel Douglas @ October 28th 2014,03:12:31 )

Stepping into that relm of things that cannot be told to you directly in a public forum, but....

Car settings are definitely impacted by weather, and are highly likely to change between wet and dry.

Thanks Dan ;)
Michał Kożuchowski
(Grupa Rookie - 197)

Teme: 2451
  Država:
Poljska 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (4)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)
Stari post #6 objavljeno 28 Lis 2014, 03:27:47 Citat 
Quote ( Daniel Douglas @ October 28th 2014,03:12:31 )

This should be shown as a perfect response to newbie questions on the forums. Saying FOBY, but being helpful, good job Daniel!
Andrew Wilden
(Grupa Amateur - 110)

Teme: 1502
  Država:
Australija 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (2)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (1)
Stari post #7 objavljeno 28 Lis 2014, 03:29:39 (zadnji uredio28 Lis 2014, 03:33:48 od Andrew Wilden) Citat 
Quote ( Florencia Caro @ October 28th 2014,03:17:20 )

First, congrats on picking rain compound for Q1 :D

Lack of racing experience and data are a challenge now you are getting started, so things like this will be happening to you for some time. Once you experience racing on a track under different conditions and you join a team to share data with, you'll be able to spot how those conditions vary your car setup, and the wingsplit that works better for each situation.

Using same setup for different weather conditions represents you are not using the best setup possible. Depending on track, driver, car and weather, those conditions can represent a bigger or a smaller difference between dry and wet setup. How to find the best setup for each situation is something you will need to work out with your team mates :)

Great Advice.

Marc, at least you are thinking about changes. This will help you in your GPRO career, & be more successful.

My advice, do Testing in various conditions & Experiment.
You will learn a lot about Set Up, Tyre Wear, Fuel Economy, etc by doing this, & comparing Data.

Cheers
Alex Nikodem-Wing
(Grupa Amateur - 98)

Teme: 1744
  Država:
Engleska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #8 objavljeno 16 Tra 2015, 16:11:36 Citat 
Just something I want to make sure is Ok.

I have completed Q1 but I know I am going to DNF in the race so I don't want to spend 100k qualifying in Q2. If I don't complete Q2 I still race and get 5million at end of season.

Is this correct?
Andrei Ciuchi
(Grupa Retired)

GPRO Ekipa
Teme: 21510
  Država:
Rumunjska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #9 objavljeno 16 Tra 2015, 16:13:02 Citat 
Well, you should be correct, considering you'll get an automatic 4-minute lap for Q2 and start the race probably from the back of the grid.
Mark Wright
(Grupa Pro - 4)

Teme: 8829
  Država:
Škotska 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (1)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)
Stari post #10 objavljeno 16 Tra 2015, 16:15:38 (zadnji uredio16 Tra 2015, 16:15:53 od Mark Wright) Citat 
Alex I'd imagine spending 100K to do Q2 will be cheaper than starting from the back of the grid or thereabouts.

Sometimes saving money can cost you money!
Gustav Gerretz
(Grupa Amateur - 54)

Teme: 340
  Država:
Estonija 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #11 objavljeno 16 Tra 2015, 16:17:36 Citat 
Some would argue that going with as fast as posible Q1+Q2 time will negate the 200k you spent on it. It depends on what you potential is, but you have probably noticed some go for fastest lap in the process.
Alex Nikodem-Wing
(Grupa Amateur - 98)

Teme: 1744
  Država:
Engleska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #12 objavljeno 16 Tra 2015, 16:18:47 (zadnji uredio16 Tra 2015, 16:19:47 od Alex Nikodem-Wing) Citat 
Quote ( Mark Wright @ April 16th 2015,16:15:38 )

Alex I'd imagine spending 100K to do Q2 will be chaper than starting from the back of the grid or thereabouts.

Sometimes saving money can cost you money!

If I had done my normal practice set up which costs me 8 laps and 400k and q2 which cost 100k I would have been lucky to get around 20th now I will get 30th which is only around 200k less. So I should be saving around 300k, not much but ever 300k counts.

Also fastest lap won't happen so I don't need a good set-up for that.
Gustav Gerretz
(Grupa Amateur - 54)

Država:
Estonija 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #13 objavljeno 16 Tra 2015, 16:31:08 Citat 
Quote ( Alex Nikodem-Wing @ April 16th 2015,16:18:47 )

If I had done my normal practice set up which costs me 8 laps and 400k and q2 which cost 100k I would have been lucky to get around 20th now I will get 30th which is only around 200k less. So I should be saving around 300k, not much but ever 300k counts.

Also fastest lap won't happen so I don't need a good set-up for that.

Well, true, another option is going 500 all round average setup or whatever setup you can calculate from your data and Q1 only. But you should still use Extra soft and see what happenes. If you have a 100% DNF in store like I have for next race as well I still try to have the fastest possible Q because the money is there...
Kshitij Sharma
(Grupa Amateur - 11)

Teme: 2740
  Država:
Indija 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #14 objavljeno 16 Tra 2015, 16:31:45 Citat 
A question Please don't say Foby

Does part wear affect qualify pace as it not affect wear in quali
Gustav Gerretz
(Grupa Amateur - 54)

Država:
Estonija 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (1)
Stari post #15 objavljeno 16 Tra 2015, 16:35:56 Citat 
Quote ( Kshitij Sharma @ April 16th 2015,16:31:45 )

Does part wear affect qualify pace as it not affect wear in quali

It affects some parts of your speed not directly. You still go full speed, but your setup is different. Although I am not sure, so take this info with a grain of salt.
Kshitij Sharma
(Grupa Amateur - 11)

Teme: 2740
  Država:
Indija 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (1)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)
Stari post #16 objavljeno 16 Tra 2015, 16:40:45 Citat 
I am Asking as I am smoking this race my parts are high wear I am sure I did almost perfect setup still I am far away from which doesn't happen normally
Gustav Gerretz
(Grupa Amateur - 54)

Država:
Estonija 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (1)
Stari post #17 objavljeno 16 Tra 2015, 16:47:21 Citat 
Quote ( Kshitij Sharma @ April 16th 2015,16:40:45 )

I am Asking as I am smoking this race my parts are high wear I am sure I did almost perfect setup still I am far away from which doesn't happen normally

I THINK, but I am not sure about this, you setup is no ideal due to part wear. Also Q times in AMA at least are volatile due to qualifying risks. Your time might be bad because you risked alot and made a mistake in either sessions or worse still, both. These mistakses can be as high as about 1-2 seconds per session. (+-1 second your avergae time and if you got +1 on both you got +2 as an agregate as opposed to -2 etc) I am speaking in general terms here as your driver also has a huge influence on your risk and possible gain/loss. But you are not "smoking" in your Q laps. The team will repair your parts to a functional state but that does not mean they cannot start to smoke on lap 1 in the race...
Sam Norris
(Grupa Amateur - 61)

Teme: 354
  Država:
Engleska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #18 objavljeno 16 Tra 2015, 23:53:14 Citat 
Kshitij - You are looking in the wrong place,(<comma) and ironically your answer is in the post before your question, (<comma) so you could have read that and figured it out without even having to ask. (<full stop)
But driver mistake may have had an added effect
Fran Betancort
(Grupa Pro - 9)

Teme: 2945
  Država:
Španjolska 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (2)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)
Stari post #19 objavljeno 17 Tra 2015, 00:10:09 Citat 
Quote ( Sam Norris @ April 16th 2015,23:53:14 )

But driver mistake may have had an added effect
Quote ( Sam Norris @ April 16th 2015,23:53:14 )

(<full stop)
Sam Norris
(Grupa Amateur - 61)

Teme: 354
  Država:
Engleska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #20 objavljeno 17 Tra 2015, 00:28:57 Citat 
Pobodys nerfect.

Nor are we seeking perfection, just the ability to be able to read his posts, also please no more extra capital letters! Just trying to help you Kshitij.
Michael Keeney
(Grupa Pro - 20)

Teme: 13519
  Država:
Engleska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #21 objavljeno 16 Ruj 2015, 01:25:28 Citat 
Check out how fast this guy is? Sure that's illegal to be that fast on pips?

/gb/ManagerProfile.asp?IDM=670113

Nice speed
Stranica [1

Odgovori na tu temu