Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Newbie forum > Refuelling during rain? Temu stavi na listu ignoriranja Temu stavi na listu praćenja
Stranica [1
Začetnik Tema: Refuelling during rain? 27 odgovora
Juan Valera
(Grupa Rookie - 30)

Teme: 90
  Država:
Španjolska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #1 objavljeno 19 Sij 2016, 23:42:55 Citat 
Hello friends. I've started playing a week ago and this game is great.

I'd like to ask you if it is possible to put fuel when it starts raining and the car stops for changing tyres.

I see that we can refuel the car if it stops when it has a technical problem. But I'm not sure for raining.

Thanks in advance a good luck to everybody :D
Jukka Sireni2
(Grupa Elite)

GPRO Ekipa
Teme: 3870
  Država:
Finska 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (4)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)
Stari post #2 objavljeno 19 Sij 2016, 23:45:08 Citat 
You will always refuel when you stop to change tyres due to weather change.
Jorge Lopes
(Grupa Amateur - 110)

Teme: 38
  Država:
Portugal 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (3)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)
Stari post #3 objavljeno 19 Sij 2016, 23:47:08 Citat 
Hola Juan! Welcome to Gpro, then ;)

The car will be refuelled when you stop in the pits.
Unless you pit for a technical problem, and there you have the option to refuel or not.

Have fun!
Daniel Mason
(Grupa Pro - 16)

Teme: 5215
  Država:
S.A.D. 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #4 objavljeno 19 Sij 2016, 23:48:28 Citat 
Quote ( Jukka Sireni @ January 19th 2016,23:45:08 )

You will always refuel when you stop to change tyres due to weather change.

Unless you've instructed your pitcrew to put in less fuel at that stop than what's already in the fuel tank.
Juan Valera
(Grupa Rookie - 30)

Teme: 90
  Država:
Španjolska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #5 objavljeno 20 Sij 2016, 00:49:45 Citat 
Thanks guys for your fast answers. Interesting information ;D
Mark Johns
(Grupa Rookie - 35)

Teme: 72
  Država:
S.A.D. 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)
Stari post #6 objavljeno 6 Velj 2016, 20:05:20 Citat 
Would anyone be willing to tell me how many laps a set of rain tires last.
Dave Pegg
(Grupa Amateur - 20)

Teme: 12
  Država:
Kanada 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (1)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)
Stari post #7 objavljeno 6 Velj 2016, 20:09:54 Citat 
Rain tires last a different number of laps at different tracks.

I think the distance changes too for different temperatures.
Daniel Mason
(Grupa Pro - 16)

Teme: 5215
  Država:
S.A.D. 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #8 objavljeno 6 Velj 2016, 20:12:42 Citat 
Like with dry tyres, it all depends on temperatures along with other factors.
Daryl Gee
(Grupa Amateur - 114)

Teme: 4864
  Država:
J.A.R 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #9 objavljeno 7 Velj 2016, 00:10:41 Citat 
As long as the track is wet, quite long. Your fuel use will also be quite a lot less when it's raining, so you'll probably end up with a quite different strategy to what you planned. And then there will be a dry spell at 99% rain probability just after you've put on a new set of tyres.
It happens.
You get data from it.
Enjoy.
Tasy Ionescu
(Grupa Rookie - 338)

Teme: 4
  Država:
Rumunjska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #10 objavljeno 21 Velj 2016, 00:00:47 (zadnji uredio21 Velj 2016, 00:02:11 od Tasy Ionescu) Citat 
Hi everybody.

On the last race, Rafaela oval, my car did not refuel when the rain stopped and not even when the rain started. that's my data.

My strategy was to run with 125l and refuel to 125 L.

thats the report:

Start fuel: 125 liters

Pit Pitstop reason Tyres condition
Fuel left Refilled to Pit time
Stop 1
(Lap 7) Tyres change due to the weather change 77% 57% No refill 35.142s
Stop 2
(Lap 33) No more fuel was left 27% 1% 83 liters 23.185s
Stop 3
(Lap 38) Tyres change due to the weather change 88% 36% No refill 35.144s
Stop 4
(Lap 58) No more fuel was left 60% 0% 73 liters 24.988s

My question is: why my car did not refuel during the weather change ? it happened twice. And the answer is not that i had too much gas in the fuel tank.
Jukka Sireni2
(Grupa Elite)

GPRO Ekipa
Teme: 3870
  Država:
Finska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #11 objavljeno 21 Velj 2016, 00:08:36 Citat 
Maybe you forgot to save your fuel strategy or input something wrong. What do you have now in the strategy page?
Stuart Foster
(Grupa Pro - 17)

Teme: 12459
  Država:
Engleska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #12 objavljeno 21 Velj 2016, 00:40:11 (zadnji uredio21 Velj 2016, 01:02:30 od Stuart Foster) Citat 
Quote ( Tasy Ionescu @ February 21st 2016,00:00:47 )

Stop 1
(Lap 7) Tyres change due to the weather change 77% 57% No refill 35.142s

I believe this one here at least is indeed cos you already had 103 litres (57% of the tank was still full) when you pitted, which would explain why if you had planned a lower refuel at that pit stop, which is almost certainly the case since all your other refuels are below 100L. Remember, fuel doesn't get taken out of the car if you already have more in the tank than what you are requesting to refuel with :) So, you returned to the track with the 103 litres already in the car, rather than having the X litres that you might have scheduled.

I'm not sure what happened at stop 3 though. You had 65 litres in the tank there. I can only assume your stop 3 was scheduled to be a lower refuel than that, but may not be the case, could be an anomaly.

I'd advisee you go to your race setup page and see what refuels you have in the pit stop boxes, It's fairly likely that if your intention was a refuel of 125L whilst you had amounts of 83 and 73 refuelled, that you must have forgotten to press the confirm settings button, which would mean the previous race refuels would have been used.
Tasy Ionescu
(Grupa Rookie - 338)

Teme: 4
  Država:
Rumunjska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #13 objavljeno 24 Velj 2016, 06:35:44 Citat 
i did not save the data, it may be possible to setup wrong fuel values.

on the previous race . 83 L was for pit no.3 and 73 was for pit no.4.

i will try to double check the values and put the same values for the extra pits.
Graham Mercer
(Grupa Amateur - 80)

Teme: 2010
  Država:
Australija 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #14 objavljeno 24 Velj 2016, 07:22:44 Citat 
Tasy if you go to the race analysis page here (http://www.gpro.net/gb/RaceAnalysis.asp) you will be able to see how much fuel was planned to be put in, it is in the 'Refilled To' column of the pitstop information box
Twig Fahaji
(Grupa Rookie - 102)

Teme: 445
  Država:
Engleska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #15 objavljeno 4 Ruj 2017, 14:30:49 Citat 
I have a question which is slightly related to this topic:

If I tell my driver not to pit for several laps if it rains, but during that time he has to pit anyway, will the car be fitted with rain tyres?

I don't necessarily want to do an extra stop due to rain, but if I'm making the stop anyway, obviously I'd prefer him to put the wets on.

For example: I have enough fuel to last 25 laps. My instruction is not to pit for 10 laps in the event of rain (maybe because I think the rain may only last for 5 minutes). The rain starts falling on lap 23, and I run out of fuel 2 laps later. Will my driver come out of the pits with rain tyres fitted?
Jody Parker
(Grupa Pro - 8)

Teme: 767
  Država:
Engleska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #16 objavljeno 4 Ruj 2017, 14:32:32 Citat 
Depends on if you've specified to fit Rain tyres in Rain, as per your "Race setup & strategy" page.
Onur Guardian
(Grupa Amateur - 71)

Teme: 2782
  Država:
Turska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #17 objavljeno 4 Ruj 2017, 14:35:37 Citat 
If you pit in and weather has changed u ll change current weather tires i had 3 pits in 5 laps once sadly ;)
Twig Fahaji
(Grupa Rookie - 102)

Država:
Engleska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #18 objavljeno 3 Lis 2017, 11:47:08 Citat 
Hi, this seems like an obvious answer, but just wanted to check...

Your pit crew can never REMOVE fuel from your car, can they?

So if you have 100 litres for pit stop 1, 5 litres for pit stop 2, and you have to pit (due to weather) a few laps after your 1st pit stop, presumably your fuel will just be unaffected?

I ask because I'm planning on putting enough fuel to last me the race, so don't really need any more fuel in later stops if I have to come in due to weather.
Robin Goodey
(Grupa Master - 1)

Teme: 2096
  Država:
Engleska 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (5)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)
Stari post #19 objavljeno 3 Lis 2017, 12:00:28 Citat 
Correct - if the fuel left at the end of a stint is more than the amount you have put for the next stint, nothing will be added. It doesn't reduce the pit stop time though ;)
Rastislav Padysak
(Grupa Rookie - 128)

Teme: 611
  Država:
Slovačka 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #20 objavljeno 3 Lis 2017, 12:18:07 Citat 
Quote ( Twig Fahaji @ October 3rd 2017,11:47:08 )

Hi, this seems like an obvious answer, but just wanted to check...

Your pit crew can never REMOVE fuel from your car, can they?

So if you have 100 litres for pit stop 1, 5 litres for pit stop 2, and you have to pit (due to weather) a few laps after your 1st pit stop, presumably your fuel will just be unaffected?

I ask because I'm planning on putting enough fuel to last me the race, so don't really need any more fuel in later stops if I have to come in due to weather.

The Game rules:
• In case your car has more than the set amount of fuel in the tank when it comes for a pitstop, no fuel will be added (or taken out)
Twig Fahaji
(Grupa Rookie - 102)

Država:
Engleska 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (2)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)
Stari post #21 objavljeno 3 Lis 2017, 14:44:21 Citat 
Quote ( Robin Goodey @ October 3rd 2017,12:00:28 )

Correct - if the fuel left at the end of a stint is more than the amount you have put for the next stint, nothing will be added. It doesn't reduce the pit stop time though ;)

Thanks.

Are pit stop times really irrelevant of fuel loads? I know that rookie will have more randomness than in master, but I feel like having it so random detracts from the strategy.

E.g. last race I sacrificed Q2 position for a bit more fuel, thinking that my next two pit stops would be relatively quick (I also put in the max fuel without triggering an extra lap so it would save an extra few litres) and I could get the jump on other cars. When I came in for stop 1, most others had pitted and the times were 21-23 secs. I therefore expected mine to at least be at the lower end of this. It was 26s. I also have level 20 pit crew (which I know doesn't make much difference in rookie but you'd think it would help a little). After that it made me think there's no point in running longer and aiming for a shorter stop, and therefore it takes away a key strategy. Am I missing something?
Mick Ridley
(Grupa Pro - 25)

GPRO Ekipa
Teme: 2604
  Država:
Engleska 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (2)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)
Stari post #22 objavljeno 3 Lis 2017, 14:55:23 Citat 
Unfortunately, pit stop times are a bit of a lottery in Rookie
Twig Fahaji
(Grupa Rookie - 102)

Država:
Engleska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #23 objavljeno 3 Lis 2017, 14:58:38 Citat 
Quote ( Mick Ridley @ October 3rd 2017,14:55:23 )

Unfortunately, pit stop times are a bit of a lottery in Rookie

Well this is what I've heard, but I just think it's a shame that in rookie one of the key elements of race strategy is missing. I would've thought there would be some variables at play, and the random variable grows as you go further down the pyramid, but not to the extent that, for all intents and purposes, it becomes irrelevant.
Robin Goodey
(Grupa Master - 1)

Teme: 2096
  Država:
Engleska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #24 objavljeno 3 Lis 2017, 15:05:07 (zadnji uredio3 Lis 2017, 15:07:54 od Robin Goodey) Citat 
I really wouldn't worry about the variance in pit times (especially in rookie) - your actual race strategy (and pace) will have far more effect on your result than whether you gain or lose 1-5s in the pits.

Take a look at the race summary for your group in R1:

/gb/RaceSummary.asp?group=Rookie+-+102&Season=61&Race=1

Very clear from that (to me) that a 2 stop strategy was by far the best one.
Also pretty clear that no-one gained or lost much time in the pits from the best pits column. (certainly not enough to change the placings)

So get the strategy / fuelling / tyre wear right, and the variance in pit times will take care of itself.

As you move up the levels, the variance becomes less, but blocking becomes more - so having good pits only then becomes more important - so you have to improve your staff / facilities (and/or get a good TD) to gain places in the pits.

EDIT: Just going back to your point about longer / shorter stints - each of them has advantages and disadvantages, so they are viable strategy choices which can make a difference.
Mikko Heikkinen
(Grupa Master - 1)

Teme: 12503
  Država:
Finska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #25 objavljeno 3 Lis 2017, 16:39:23 Citat 
Quote ( Twig Fahaji @ October 3rd 2017,14:58:38 )

Well this is what I've heard, but I just think it's a shame that in rookie one of the key elements of race strategy is missing. I would've thought there would be some variables at play, and the random variable grows as you go further down the pyramid, but not to the extent that, for all intents and purposes, it becomes irrelevant.

There is also another way to think about it.

It doesn't become irrelevant, it just changes a bit, even gets enhanced.

You just need to consider the time spent in pits a bit differently, which can make the strategy planning interesting if you choose to look it that way.
Twig Fahaji
(Grupa Rookie - 102)

Država:
Engleska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #26 objavljeno 3 Lis 2017, 16:47:48 Citat 
Quote ( Robin Goodey @ October 3rd 2017,15:05:07 )

I really wouldn't worry about the variance in pit times (especially in rookie) - your actual race strategy (and pace) will have far more effect on your result than whether you gain or lose 1-5s in the pits.

Take a look at the race summary for your group in R1:

/gb/RaceSummary.asp?group=Rookie+-+102&Season=61&Race=1

Very clear from that (to me) that a 2 stop strategy was by far the best one.
Also pretty clear that no-one gained or lost much time in the pits from the best pits column. (certainly not enough to change the placings)

So get the strategy / fuelling / tyre wear right, and the variance in pit times will take care of itself.

As you move up the levels, the variance becomes less, but blocking becomes more - so having good pits only then becomes more important - so you have to improve your staff / facilities (and/or get a good TD) to gain places in the pits.

EDIT: Just going back to your point about longer / shorter stints - each of them has advantages and disadvantages, so they are viable strategy choices which can make a difference.

Thanks for the reply. If you get the fuel/tyres right but there is someone a little bit faster, I guess you just have to suck it up! I was hoping that a bit of "pit strategy" might help, but alas...
Twig Fahaji
(Grupa Rookie - 102)

Država:
Engleska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #27 objavljeno 3 Lis 2017, 16:50:58 Citat 
Quote ( Mikko Heikkinen @ October 3rd 2017,16:39:23 )

There is also another way to think about it.

It doesn't become irrelevant, it just changes a bit, even gets enhanced.

You just need to consider the time spent in pits a bit differently, which can make the strategy planning interesting if you choose to look it that way.

Yeah, it clearly does make a difference if you're loading 80L vs 130L, but not so much when the amounts are closer (i.e. 2 laps worth of fuel difference). I'm sure I'll figure it out in the end!
Jens Jäschke
(Grupa Amateur - 96)

Teme: 511
  Država:
Njemačka 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #28 objavljeno 4 Lis 2017, 05:50:08 Citat 
Quote ( Twig Fahaji @ October 3rd 2017,16:50:58 )

Yeah, it clearly does make a difference if you're loading 80L vs 130L, but not so much when the amounts are closer (i.e. 2 laps worth of fuel difference).

Actually, it's not the amount you're loading, but the amount that's in the tank at the end, if I'm not mistaken.
So it doesn't matter for your pit time if you come in with 99 liters and leave with 100, or if you come in on fumes and leave with 100.
Stranica [1
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Newbie forum > Refuelling during rain? Temu stavi na listu ignoriranja Temu stavi na listu praćenja

Odgovori na tu temu