Začetnik Tema: Driver OA options 26 odgovora
Darren Mcsweeney
(Grupa Rookie - 304)

Teme: 5
  Država:
Australija 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #1 objavljeno 4 Svi 2016, 12:35:51 Citat 
Ok, so my driver is currently 85 and with one race left I know he will likely go over OA after the next race and then I'll lose him.

This is my first season, and I'm only just getting the ideas of everything. I know most of the answers are FOBY and I think I have found some things.

I guess this is my dilemma. Do I:

A) try to drop his OA demotivating him by training him in, say, Fitness (which I don't think would work anyway given his attributes),
B) tank on the last race (with a bad setup, wrong tyres and lots of worn car parts),
C) miss the race altogether (and miss my 5m bonus for 17 races)
D) try to go -15m in the red, although I have over 30m at the moment so I figure it would be difficult to do.

E) or do I just cut my losses now and hire a new driver for the last race and next year?

I know you can't tell me formulas and exact information on what to do, but some help with opinions may be enough to set me on the right path for next season (which I am sure I will be promoted).
Paul Williams
(Grupa Pro - 14)

Teme: 435
  Država:
Engleska 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)
Stari post #2 objavljeno 4 Svi 2016, 12:40:40 Citat 
Try looking at how much it would cost you to upgrade your facilities, then look at the cost of training your staff and then look at the cost of completely upgrading your car 30 million shouldn't be hard too spend.
Jack Giordmaina
(Grupa Rookie - 163)

Teme: 123
  Država:
Engleska 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (1)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (3)
Stari post #3 objavljeno 4 Svi 2016, 12:42:59 Citat 
If you like your driver and want to keep him, then just have a bad race, then he won't improve on his motivation which will send him over 85
Andrei Harnicu
(Grupa Rookie - 306)

Teme: 503
  Država:
Rumunjska 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (1)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (1)
Stari post #4 objavljeno 4 Svi 2016, 12:47:34 Citat 
Quote ( Jack Giordmaina @ May 4th 2016,12:42:59 )

If you like your driver and want to keep him, then just have a bad race, then he won't improve on his motivation which will send him over 85

Isn't true every time
Mauricio Angelucci
(Grupa Pro - 3)

Teme: 583
  Država:
Argentina 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (2)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (2)
Stari post #5 objavljeno 4 Svi 2016, 12:47:41 Citat 
Your dirver has 32, and he dindt gave you a lot of points, is him the best driver you should have? If the answer is yes, i will say that try to keep him with opcions A (training technical drop motivation too) and opcion B.
Opcion D dont looks the best, in your group there are around 12 or 14 managers racing. Just try to broke the car in the fisrt lap.

You are doing very well and have pacience so you ll do it fine. Good luck!!!
Marco Ferraz
(Grupa Amateur - 105)

Teme: 658
  Država:
Belgija 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (1)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)
Stari post #6 objavljeno 4 Svi 2016, 12:52:59 Citat 
Quote ( Andrei Harnicu @ May 4th 2016,12:47:34 )

Isn't true every time

Can confirm. Depending on the driver and (or ?) the category, some can gain a little motivation just by finishing 15th, where some can lose motivation if they finish 10th. Just for example, this is maybe not true :D
Marko Stojčev
(Grupa Amateur - 106)

Teme: 922
  Država:
Srbija 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #7 objavljeno 4 Svi 2016, 13:01:44 (zadnji uredio4 Svi 2016, 13:02:55 od Marko Stojčev) Citat 
Quote ( Mauricio Angelucci @ May 4th 2016,12:47:41 )

... i will say that try to keep him with opcions A (training technical drop motivation too) and opcion B.
Opcion D dont looks the best, in your group there are around 12 or 14 managers racing. Just try to broke the car in the fisrt lap.

Frankly this quoted part is a bad piece of advice, especially from someone in Pro, you should know that only option D is bulletproof for motivation lost, and options A and B would most lilely fail in most cases for the very reason you stated for D - finishing 12th -14th in Rookie may not result in motivation drop at all...
Tomek Kiełpiński
(Grupa Amateur - 72)

Teme: 5682
  Država:
Poljska 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (2)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)
Stari post #8 objavljeno 4 Svi 2016, 13:03:03 Citat 
Quote ( Darren Mcsweeney @ May 4th 2016,12:35:51 )

D) try to go -15m in the red, although I have over 30m at the moment so I figure it would be difficult to do.

This. You can go under -15M$ whenever you want, but before the last driver's market of the season, which is tomorrow, 7PM CET.
Mauricio Angelucci
(Grupa Pro - 3)

Država:
Argentina 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #9 objavljeno 4 Svi 2016, 13:08:49 Citat 
Quote ( Marko Stojčev @ May 4th 2016,13:01:44 )

Frankly this quoted part is a bad piece of advice, especially from someone in Pro, you should know that only option D is bulletproof for motivation lost, and options A and B would most lilely fail in most cases.
We dont really know how much motivation he has. So i think what i said is the best. I never let be in that position with my driver. I ll will do or say the same being in rookie or elite, dont think the category really matter in this case.

But if all says that D is the best, try to expend the money in facilities, car, and for last driver market making a lot of offers and then remove and make it again and again, for about 15 minutes jejejeje
Andrew Wilden
(Grupa Amateur - 110)

Teme: 1502
  Država:
Australija 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #10 objavljeno 4 Svi 2016, 13:11:41 (zadnji uredio4 Svi 2016, 13:17:02 od Andrew Wilden) Citat 
Hi Darren,

This is incorrect & bad advice in most Rookie Groups.
Sorry Jack.
Fact is, simply not enough racing in most Rookie Groups to be able to lower motivation enough to keep OA the same, & then you have to consider the Reset affect on your Driver.

As an example in Amateur, my Driver actually gained slightly in motivation at Kyalami, even "Smoking" the last 20 laps & dropping from 5th to 10th. I was Pissed Off, LOL :((((

Quote ( Mauricio Angelucci @ May 4th 2016,12:47:41 )

Your dirver has 32, and he dindt gave you a lot of points, is him the best driver you should have?

You are doing very well and have pacience so you ll do it fine. Good luck!!!

I agree, for Rookie your Driver is a Fat Dinosaur IMO.
I would look for a 17 or 18yo, to Train S53, allowing you to gain more experience learning the game,PLUS training the Driver for FREE, then "SMASH" it for Promo in S54.

Any Driver advice, send me a PM.

Cheers
Mark Wright
(Grupa Pro - 19)

Teme: 8829
  Država:
Škotska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #11 objavljeno 4 Svi 2016, 13:20:46 Citat 
Quote ( Paul Williams @ May 4th 2016,12:40:40 )

Try looking at how much it would cost you to upgrade your facilities, then look at the cost of training your staff and then look at the cost of completely upgrading your car 30 million shouldn't be hard too spend.

That could actually result in gaining moti.

-15 mil is the easiest option and with the final markets tonight that's your perfect opportunity but a 32 year old driver will shortly start to get worse race after race in certain respects.

Personally I would look for a young trainable driver that you can keep for next season and if you need a season of training in Rookie then go at least -15mil after the market has closed to ensure that his OA is still under 85 at the end of the season.

Good luck :)
Ayman Daher
(Grupa Pro - 25)

Teme: 777
  Država:
Libanon 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (3)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)
Stari post #12 objavljeno 4 Svi 2016, 13:25:52 Citat 
Quote ( Andrew Wilden @ May 4th 2016,13:11:41 )

then you have to consider the Reset affect on your Driver.

Just a small correction here. Driver OA before reset is what determines if you will keep or lose the driver. So reset changes are not to be worried about in this case.
Mauricio Angelucci
(Grupa Pro - 3)

Država:
Argentina 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #13 objavljeno 4 Svi 2016, 13:27:26 Citat 
Quote ( Mark Wright @ May 4th 2016,13:20:46 )

That could actually result in gaining moti
How is that possible? if you are under 15M? i understand you say that mayb expending money will increse the moti, but after that he will lose all motivation. And even thinking he has motivation, maybe he dosent.
Andrew Wilden
(Grupa Amateur - 110)

Teme: 1502
  Država:
Australija 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (3)
Stari post #14 objavljeno 4 Svi 2016, 13:36:57 (zadnji uredio4 Svi 2016, 13:42:55 od Andrew Wilden) Citat 
Quote ( Ayman Daher @ May 4th 2016,13:25:52 )

Quote ( Andrew Wilden @ May 4th 2016,13:11:41 )

then you have to consider the Reset affect on your Driver.
Just a small correction here. Driver OA before reset is what determines if you will keep or lose the driver. So reset changes are not to be worried about in this case.

Incorrect;

From the Rules.

3.1 Driver
If during the season reset (right after promotion/relegation) the driver of a manager relegated to a lower class is exceeding the above limits then the driver will leave him (no matter what the overall of the driver will be when the season reset is completed). The same applies even to Rookie managers who do not promote to the Amateur class and who have drivers with overall higher than 85.

If your driver EXCEEDS 85 OA after the Reset & you remain in Rookie, you will lose your Driver.
(This doesn't apply to Higher Levels IF the Driver is still under contract, & you stay in the same level, eg; Amateur)

Please Check the Facts;
A; before trying to correct me.
B; giving incorrect advice in the Newbie Forum.

Thanks
Sam Brierley
(Grupa Amateur - 66)

Teme: 771
  Država:
Engleska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #15 objavljeno 4 Svi 2016, 13:37:27 (zadnji uredio4 Svi 2016, 13:40:06 od Sam Brierley) Citat 
Quote ( Mauricio Angelucci @ May 4th 2016,13:27:26 )

Quote ( Mark Wright @ May 4th 2016,13:20:46 )

That could actually result in gaining moti How is that possible? if you are under 15M? i understand you say that mayb expending money will increse the moti, but after that he will lose all motivation. And even thinking he has motivation, maybe he dosent.

He will lose all driver motivation going -15 million but then the driver might gain too much motivation during the race with shiny new parts.

In this instance as his driver is 32 years old there is one training which may result in a smaller drop of motivation without having to go -15 million but it could be slightly risky.
Tomek Kiełpiński
(Grupa Amateur - 72)

Država:
Poljska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #16 objavljeno 4 Svi 2016, 13:38:32 Citat 
Quote ( Mauricio Angelucci @ May 4th 2016,13:27:26 )

How is that possible? if you are under 15M? i understand you say that mayb expending money will increse the moti, but after that he will lose all motivation. And even thinking he has motivation, maybe he dosent.

You have to have -15M$ after the race to be absolutely sure that the MOT won't raise :-)
Max Watson
(Grupa Master - 5)

Teme: 5184
  Država:
Engleska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #17 objavljeno 4 Svi 2016, 13:41:52 Citat 
Quote ( Andrew Wilden @ May 4th 2016,13:36:57 )

(no matter what the overall of the driver will be when the season reset is completed). The same applies even to Rookie managers

I'm afraid Ayman is right, Andrew =]
Tomek Kiełpiński
(Grupa Amateur - 72)

Država:
Poljska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #18 objavljeno 4 Svi 2016, 13:42:52 (zadnji uredio4 Svi 2016, 13:44:27 od Tomek Kiełpiński) Citat 

Please Check the Facts;
A; before trying to correct me.
B; giving incorrect advice in the Newbie Forum.

I'm afraid you're wrong, Andrew:
I'm afraid Ayman is right, Andrew =]*

(no matter what the overall of the driver will be when the season reset is completed)

*You're right Max, this sounds better ;-)
Michael Winkley
(Grupa Pro - 12)

Teme: 33335
  Država:
Wales 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #19 objavljeno 4 Svi 2016, 13:43:35 Citat 
Darren, you can fail the cert test a lot of times. That would help.
Robert Kearney
(Grupa Pro - 3)

Teme: 3248
  Država:
Engleska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #20 objavljeno 4 Svi 2016, 14:17:59 (zadnji uredio4 Svi 2016, 14:19:11 od Robert Kearney) Citat 
Depends what his motivation is currently at.
As has been said, if you wish to keep him, though there are far better drivers about, go to as far negative as you can so that after the race the bank balance is still negative 15 million, then it won't matter in the race where you finish.

If you can't think how to spend the cash get as close to negative without going overdrawn, you dan do this by offering and withdrawing driver offers at 500k a go. Then go as high as you can by testing, training and updating all parts to the highest level possible. Should be well over negative 15 million by now surely ?

In which case you will keep your driver into rookie without any problems, unless of course your minimum OA is over 85 anyway ;)

Good luck.
Darren Mcsweeney
(Grupa Rookie - 304)

Teme: 5
  Država:
Australija 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #21 objavljeno 4 Svi 2016, 14:58:01 Citat 
Wow. I didn't expect this much help. Thanks for your help and suggestions.

So it looks like the only way to guarantee a drop is to go $15m into negative.

I had the same as Andrew said: Last race I went a poor setup, the wrong tyres and a bad fuel strategy, and lost my gearbox halfway through as it was well worn. I still finished 9th and he gained a good chunk (am I allowed to say about 20) motivation, going from 83 OA to 85.

I know he's not the best driver, but my original idea was to sign him this year, and hold onto him for first few races before changing to a new driver a few races in. I think it's taken me most of the year to get my head around the setup and strategy, so I didn't expect many results, but he did come 4th two races ago which was my best result. I have been looking at the driver market for a while and I have a few on my shortlist. Younger and considerably better in some (hopefully) key areas.

Being my first season, I'd like to say that I finished with a profit, and it feels wrong for me to 'tank' and try not to do as well as I can. I guess it's a legitimate strategy, but it still feels wrong for me.
Patrick Mason
(Grupa Rookie - 314)

Teme: 509
  Država:
Engleska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #22 objavljeno 4 Svi 2016, 15:28:32 (zadnji uredio4 Svi 2016, 15:29:04 od Patrick Mason) Citat 
Quote ( Tomek Kiełpiński @ May 4th 2016,13:38:32 )

You have to have -15M$ after the race to be absolutely sure that the MOT won't raise :-)

Does motivation raise at all if you have less than -$15mil or is it just a single, total drop of motivation when you go past -$15mil...?
Craig Stevanato
(Grupa Rookie - 42)

Teme: 8
  Država:
Engleska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #23 objavljeno 4 Svi 2016, 15:46:59 (zadnji uredio4 Svi 2016, 15:48:47 od Craig Stevanato) Citat 
Must admit I have the same issue, I've got about 16m and I need to make sure I don't have my driver go over 85 which he's currently at, but unfortunately we only seem to get about 10-11 drivers a race in my group, so just 'tanking it' likely wouldn't really help me.

It looks like I may have to do the same and try to get to -15m (or above -15m?) before the race and then tank it as well just to make certain. I'm pretty much nailed on to finish 5th anyway, so I won't be losing out much in that sense.

It's more annoying as my new driver I was hoping to get for just the last race of the season, but sadly someone else made a bid so I had to go for him as well and ended up with him 1 race earlier than ideal.
Marko Stojčev
(Grupa Amateur - 106)

Teme: 922
  Država:
Srbija 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #24 objavljeno 4 Svi 2016, 15:54:38 Citat 
As Tomek said you need to stay below -15M after the last race, to keep moti at 0.

If you do that then you don't need to tank last race and can go for some statistics/achievements.
Craig Stevanato
(Grupa Rookie - 42)

Država:
Engleska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #25 objavljeno 4 Svi 2016, 16:04:50 Citat 
So if for example I got to -30m before the race, I'm unlikely (in my view) to then get it to for example -13m after the race, so I could get to -30m and then just go in effect hell for leather with no risk of a win for example putting him over the OA of 85?
Daryl Gee
(Grupa Amateur - 114)

Teme: 4864
  Država:
J.A.R 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #26 objavljeno 4 Svi 2016, 16:24:28 Citat 
Yes. Blow your balance way low and enjoy silly risks with a new upgraded car.
Craig Stevanato
(Grupa Rookie - 42)

Država:
Engleska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #27 objavljeno 4 Svi 2016, 17:25:34 (zadnji uredio4 Svi 2016, 17:35:17 od Craig Stevanato) Citat 
Ok, I'll give that a go then, as I have little chance of moving from 5th due to large point gaps, and I really don't want to fork out for what may be a worse driver on a higher salary after the season has ended.

Many thanks for that!

Edit: Actually, I'm uncertain now as to whether to go for a win (which I don't think I can get anyway) as I've already scored 57 points, so a win gives me 67, I'd be in rookie again and there's the penalty I'd get for finishing negative balance and over 50 points, so if I win I'd get a penalty of 3.4m, whereas currently with 57 points it'd be just a 1.4m penalty. I'm torn now, but now considering updating my car etc but actually just 'tanking' it in effect, so I have an extra 2m to use next season.
Stranica [1

Odgovori na tu temu