Stranica [12 » Brzo idi na stranicu:
Anketa Forumske teme
Which driver is gonna create the biggest upset?
Prijavi se da glasuješ ili da vidiš rezultate ankete
Začetnik Tema: Biggest upsets F1 2019 39 odgovora
Stefano Scanzani
(Grupa Amateur - 6)

Teme: 169
  Država:
Italija 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (1)
Stari post #1 objavljeno 19 Velj 2019, 01:55:57 Citat 
So many F1 teams have changed their driver line-up this year. Which driver will cause the biggest disruption? Can leclerc compete with vettel? Will Hulkenberg prove he's under rated by beating Ricciardo in points?
Kyle Morris
(Grupa Amateur - 16)

Teme: 6688
  Država:
Engleska 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (1)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)
Stari post #2 objavljeno 19 Velj 2019, 02:08:04 (zadnji uredio19 Velj 2019, 02:21:15 od Kyle Morris) Citat 
I personally think that Perez will wipe the floor with Stroll. Perez gave Hulkenburg a run for his money, same with Ocon and Stroll couldn't even beat Sirotkin so he'll be nowhere near. Apart from that one all the rest should be close

I'd watch out for Gio in the 2nd half, when he learns from the master he might be better than him. Albon would probably be one of my picks, and Gasly could also do good against Verstappen
Daniel Mason
(Grupa Amateur - 83)

Teme: 5215
  Država:
S.A.D. 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)
Stari post #3 objavljeno 19 Velj 2019, 02:16:03 Citat 
If Leclerc upstages Vettel with Ferrari favouring the former champion, you know what'll happen next.
Mikko Heikkinen
(Grupa Master - 3)

Teme: 12503
  Država:
Finska 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (6)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)
Stari post #4 objavljeno 19 Velj 2019, 02:17:38 Citat 
Depends on what one means by upset. Maybe it's Crashtappen :P

Quote ( Stefano Scanzani @ February 19th 2019,01:55:57 )

Can leclerc compete with vettel?

No, it's in his contract that he can't
Jasper Coosemans1
(Grupa Pro - 18)

Teme: 3021
  Država:
Belgija 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #5 objavljeno 19 Velj 2019, 02:18:37 Citat 
I voted Russell. I still don't trust Kubica's ability to compete in F1; at the very least he will have lost much of the speed he had in 2010. I hope I am wrong.
Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo
(Grupa Pro - 1)

Teme: 2729
  Država:
Meksiko 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #6 objavljeno 19 Velj 2019, 04:05:50 Citat 
Let's take alook at them:

Leclerc:
Quote ( Mikko Heikkinen @ February 19th 2019,02:17:38 )

No, it's in his contract that he can't

Leclerc could be a good one in 2020, bu he will learning this season.

Hulkenberg:
Ricciardo is way ahead of him, don't think he has a chance

Giovinazzi:
Raikkonen has too much experience, speed and knows how to squeeze a car out. Pretty sure Kimi will take a edge

Stroll:
Stroll is probably the worst driver in the pit lane, meanwhile Perez is too experiencedand consistent,Also he has outpaced all his teammates after his stint in McLaren.
Unless Stroll begins to cross to cross him, he will easily beat Stroll.

Gasly:
Not to sure on this one but I do think Verstappen will be on top unless he starts to crash in desperation of the probable meek results of the Honda engine

Norris
This is a close call, Sainz is not that good and cosistent, yet has more experience, so he will have a good edge in the season start. Hopefully Mclaren will deliver a good car (and not blame everything on the engine) and he could take and advantage. closer call for the second half.

Albon
Don't know much about Albon, and Kvyat is not so good close call and Albon might be on top at the end.

Russel
Although I would like to see Kubica once more on a competitive level I have my concerns about it. I do think that Russell has an edge here.

If we are talking about the greatest upset then it would be Russel over Kubica
Martti Kaasik
(Grupa Pro - 22)

Teme: 1223
  Država:
Estonija 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #7 objavljeno 19 Velj 2019, 06:53:16 Citat 
upset or disruption? And what do you mean by it...
I have most hope to see Leclerc doing good in ferrari. And it has been said there is no clear 1 and 2 but Vettel will be priority. Anyway I do hope to see Leclerc finishing in top 3 or 4. If he has to let Vettel pass more than once without acceptable reason then that would be my biggest upset.
But while looking other comments then it seems answers are about team balance or worst performance. I think it will be Williams so Russel Kubica
Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo
(Grupa Pro - 1)

Država:
Meksiko 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #8 objavljeno 19 Velj 2019, 07:04:45 Citat 
Quote ( Martti Kaasik @ February 19th 2019,06:53:16 )

upset or disruption? And what do you mean by it...

If you look at the list only the teams with a new driver lineup are listed hence you don't see Mercedes and Haas that retained both drivers.

In most cases (Renaul is the exception) you have a greatly experience driver teamed up with a Rookie or drivers with one or two seasons in F1.

So normally you would expect the experienced driver to get better results and more points that the less experienced one (regardless of team orders).

But would that be true?

Is it possible that a young driver surpass the more experienced one? That is what is called an upset, the driver normally identified as the #2 driver (formally or not) gets better results than the #1 driver.

Selection on Williams is not related to the team's position but whether Kubica will finish ahead of Albon ans most people would expect this season.
Martti Kaasik
(Grupa Pro - 22)

Teme: 1223
  Država:
Estonija 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #9 objavljeno 19 Velj 2019, 07:11:49 Citat 
Thank you for the lesson. I do understand upset... and I did explain it. I would feel really upset if rookie Leclerc would have to let former champ pass all the time... and also I think Russel will do better than Kubica. Kubica was good but I don't think he would be the same anymore.
What do you say about disruption then?
Jackie Connolly
(Grupa Amateur - 10)

Teme: 22
  Država:
Irska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #10 objavljeno 19 Velj 2019, 08:28:50 Citat 
Don't think Stroll is as bad as made out. He was driving a donkey the last 2 season's

Think in a better car he will do ok. Still think Perez will out do him but don't think it will be a landslide either
Elmo Vogel
(Grupa Master - 4)

Teme: 123
  Država:
J.A.R 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #11 objavljeno 22 Velj 2019, 04:34:04 Citat 
Stroll's got no chance against Perez
Angel David Quintero
(Grupa Rookie - 93)

Teme: 17
  Država:
Venecuela 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #12 objavljeno 22 Velj 2019, 04:46:24 Citat 
Leclerc is how when Senna arrived at the McLaren de Prost
Justin Klok
(Grupa Pro - 18)

Teme: 397
  Država:
Nizozemska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #13 objavljeno 2 Ožu 2019, 09:50:00 Citat 
Stroll is gonna have a tough year alongside Perez. Also think Gasly and Kubica will get beaten quite easily.
Stuart Foster
(Grupa Rookie - 156)

Teme: 12459
  Država:
Wales 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (2)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)
Stari post #14 objavljeno 2 Ožu 2019, 10:00:40 Citat 
I vote for Bottas if he can avoid what happened before mid season break last season where he wouid have lead the championship before a run of terrible luck / form / confidence crushing results.
Ceapa Florin
(Grupa Rookie - 47)

Teme: 831
  Država:
Rumunjska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #15 objavljeno 2 Ožu 2019, 11:52:52 Citat 
Quote ( Stuart Foster @ March 2nd 2019,10:00:40 )

I vote for Bottas if he can avoid what happened before mid season break last season where he wouid have lead the championship before a run of terrible luck / form / confidence crushing results.

I’m guessing he’ll stil be one Warm Glass of water Away from the same powder milk formula .. “it’s James” was it , right ? :D
Maybe a true Argument îs that His contract îs running out and Toto spoke more often about The young french man than the “wingman”, when it came about the future....

I voted for Gasly vs Max ... he’s kind of reminding me about the dutchman building His own way through

In my opinion Leclerc Could add many new things to the “Game” , while still learning... that’s how good I sense he is!! Ferrari will Soon need to let Him be if there’s anything They want to win after such great investment , in my opinion
But Leclerc is a Smart guy and if he signed for a team role , this year, then it’s all acording to his own plans too , in the formula 1
James Hitchen
(Grupa Pro - 24)

Teme: 592
  Država:
Engleska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #16 objavljeno 2 Ožu 2019, 12:09:10 (zadnji uredio2 Ožu 2019, 12:10:44 od James Hitchen) Citat 
What I think of the line ups:

Renault: could be close but hard to say, I do think Riciardo will have a slight edge though.

Racing Point: Perez will easily be the better there and I expect Stroll to finalise around 16th in the championship

Red Bull: Gasly will put in one or two star performances but for the most part will be out paced by Verstappen

Williams: Russell will obliterate Kubica

Alfa Romeo: I honestly don’t know on this one, I think maybe Kimi will have the edge at the start of the season but Gio will stomp on him in the later stages or Kimi may just bury Gio alive

Toro Rosso: Kvyat will eat Albon alive if it’s the pre 2015 Kvyat that shows up.

Mclaren: I think Norris will out score Sainz over the season and do a lot better in qualifying.

Ferrari: Seb will beat Charles over the season but not by a big margin, Charles will take time to adapt but will put in some stand out performances.
Juca Santos
(Grupa Rookie - 131)

Teme: 243
  Država:
Brazil 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (1)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (1)
Stari post #17 objavljeno 3 Ožu 2019, 16:21:40 Citat 
Maybe russel will beat kubica at the qualifying but i think kubica will do better at the races with all hes experience and the guy has raced different categories he knows how to bring the points
Stuart Foster
(Grupa Rookie - 156)

Država:
Wales 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #18 objavljeno 3 Ožu 2019, 16:41:45 (zadnji uredio3 Ožu 2019, 16:44:11 od Stuart Foster) Citat 
I don't know....I kinda fear for the pair of those Williams drivers to be honest. When was the last time Williams had a pointless season? I can't see much coming their way and looking at the car, it'd be unfair to justify the drivers' performances looking at what they have to work with. Williams will be last. Dead last and nowhere in sight of even the next team.

Why they've not seen this coming is beyond me, the limitations of the car was evident a few years back, nothing has been done on the aero side. Having a good engine only bought them 2/3 good seasons. No wonder Martini bailed out. Sad to see them becoming close to a laughing stock.
Riley Dunlop
(Grupa Amateur - 23)

Teme: 828
  Država:
Engleska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #19 objavljeno 3 Ožu 2019, 16:47:44 Citat 
There seems to be inherent problems with the structure and management at Williams and I think that has manifested in them not having the car ready for testing and not having spare parts. SO they have lost over a quarter of the available test time.
Stuart Foster
(Grupa Rookie - 156)

Država:
Wales 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #20 objavljeno 3 Ožu 2019, 17:09:31 (zadnji uredio3 Ožu 2019, 17:13:52 od Stuart Foster) Citat 
I think Paddy Lowe is finding it tough going. You're always going to get problems when unfortunately the person who is supposedly ahead of you in the chain of command (Cliare Williams) is incompetent when it comes to the technical side. Claire is good at many things, but i'm afraid she has to carry the can for Williams' failings. You can't have someone in her position who has close to zero engineering input. Ok, you could say those tasks are pushed over to Paddy, but if you look around the Williams top team, and the people who left or retired in recent years, its easy to see why he is probably feeling like he is swimming against the tide a bit - and taking all the flack with little in the way of support. Williams has lost a lot of talent on the engineering and technical side and i'm afraid if you do not adequately replace them then there is going to be issues.

Also, I'm not sure its healthy that someone who is not qualified to do anything other than run a marketing/communications operation finds themselves in the position of co team principal. Claire Williams' expertise is media and not much else. She's not fit to run a Formula 1 team.

^^
Yes, ouch maybe, but it is true...harsh as it may seem.
Jasper Coosemans1
(Grupa Pro - 18)

Teme: 3021
  Država:
Belgija 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #21 objavljeno 3 Ožu 2019, 17:38:37 Citat 
Quote ( Stuart Foster @ March 3rd 2019,17:09:31 )

You can't have someone in her position who has close to zero engineering input.

Do you think Horner or Wolff have any engineering input, just to name a few?
Stuart Foster
(Grupa Rookie - 156)

Država:
Wales 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (2)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)
Stari post #22 objavljeno 3 Ožu 2019, 17:47:17 (zadnji uredio3 Ožu 2019, 17:56:49 od Stuart Foster) Citat 
On a technical level, Horner does...Wolff has a good business acumen and that's his background. But the key thing is, look at the people Mercedes install around him to make sure they have a good structure. Williams, in recent seasons have lost Rob Smedley, Pat Symonds and Chief Designer Ed Wood. You can't lose people like that without adequately replacing them and expect to be moving forwards. The person running the team needs to have a grip on things and i'm afraid Claire Williams is failing on more than one level, not least the recruitment side.

Anyway, It'll be interesting when the first race comes around. I for one hope that this isn't the start of a torrid demise of the team, they can still put it right, but that would probably mean Sir Frank would need to put the interest of the team first before any reason why certain people hold certain positions within the team.

Daniel Mason
(Grupa Amateur - 83)

Teme: 5215
  Država:
S.A.D. 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #23 objavljeno 3 Ožu 2019, 18:18:36 Citat 
Quote ( Stuart Foster @ March 3rd 2019,17:09:31 )

Claire Williams' expertise is media and not much else. She's not fit to run a Formula 1 team.

Say it a bit louder for everyone else at the back of the room.
Roy Mitchell
(Grupa Amateur - 23)

Teme: 5905
  Država:
Kanada 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #24 objavljeno 3 Ožu 2019, 22:12:56 (zadnji uredio3 Ožu 2019, 22:13:36 od Roy Mitchell) Citat 
Nominate for Post of the season. :)
Stefano Scanzani
(Grupa Amateur - 6)

Država:
Italija 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #25 objavljeno 4 Ožu 2019, 00:14:23 Citat 
I think having Leclerc in the team is going to force Vettel to perform to his best whereas with Kimi he was always secured the number one spot in Ferrari.

Hopefully it doesn't get to him or else he's going to mess up this year as well
Luke Frost
(Grupa Rookie - 11)

Teme: 11111
  Država:
Australija 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #26 objavljeno 4 Ožu 2019, 01:03:51 Citat 
I'm upset with the way the cars look and drive. They might as well let google Deepmind be a driver
Jason Gully
(Grupa Rookie - 103)

Teme: 124
  Država:
Australija 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #27 objavljeno 4 Ožu 2019, 01:25:02 Citat 
I am upset cause your upset Luke
Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo
(Grupa Pro - 1)

Država:
Meksiko 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #28 objavljeno 4 Ožu 2019, 02:30:27 Citat 
Quote ( Stefano Scanzani @ March 4th 2019,00:14:23 )

I think having Leclerc in the team is going to force Vettel to perform to his best whereas with Kimi he was always secured the number one spot in Ferrari.

Hopefully it doesn't get to him or else he's going to mess up this year as well

Both Vettel an Leclerc know that Sebastian is number 1.

Unless Sebastian and Ferrari make a lot of mistakes, I don't see this changing.

Leclerc will push Sebastian,and be more aggressive to help him, but will always drive to support Vettel.

Stefano Scanzani
(Grupa Amateur - 6)

Država:
Italija 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #29 objavljeno 5 Ožu 2019, 15:47:10 Citat 
Officially they are both allowed to race each other equally but of course if vettel is about to win the championship then Leclerc will have to give way
Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo
(Grupa Pro - 1)

Država:
Meksiko 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #30 objavljeno 5 Ožu 2019, 16:06:12 Citat 
Quote ( Stefano Scanzani @ March 5th 2019,15:47:10 )

Officially they are both allowed to race each other equally but of course if vettel is about to win the championship then Leclerc will have to give way

We'll have to wait a few races and review the pit strategies and see if they are made in such a way that consistently helps Vettel. That is the true indicator.
Stranica [12 » Brzo idi na stranicu:

Odgovori na tu temu