Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Newbie forum > Driver - thinking ahead Temu stavi na listu ignoriranja Temu stavi na listu praćenja
Stranica [1
Začetnik Tema: Driver - thinking ahead 17 odgovora
Elizabeth Mills
(Grupa Rookie - 147)

Teme: 32
  Država:
Engleska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #1 objavljeno 19 Ruj 2019, 08:34:06 Citat 
At the End Of Season, when my Rookie account is reset, I will lose my current driver, whose Overall Rating is already 93 and climbing. I didn't know enough about the game when he was still 85 to retain him (I wish I had, as he is good). So I have two questions:
1) Will I be automatically assigned a random new driver in the EOS, or must I recruit one?
2) Can I (should I) contract a driver now, to begin at the start of next Season?
Tom Byrne
(Grupa Rookie - 101)

Teme: 245
  Država:
Australija 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (2)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (1)
Stari post #2 objavljeno 19 Ruj 2019, 08:43:38 (zadnji uredio19 Ruj 2019, 08:44:02 od Tom Byrne) Citat 
1) you will get a new driver (randomly) if you don't have one signed before race 1 next season. There is an extra driver market to allow for this at the start of season. 2) it would be worth it (provided you keep them under 85), but that is a story for closer to the end of season.
Rastislav Padysak
(Grupa Rookie - 108)

Teme: 611
  Država:
Slovačka 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (3)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)
Stari post #3 objavljeno 19 Ruj 2019, 08:48:52 (zadnji uredio19 Ruj 2019, 08:50:23 od Rastislav Padysak) Citat 
Quote ( Elizabeth Mills @ September 19th 2019,08:34:06 ) At the End Of Season, when my Rookie account is reset, I will lose my current driver, whose Overall Rating is already 93 and climbing. I didn't know enough about the game when he was still 85 to retain him (I wish I had, as he is good). So I have two questions:
1) Will I be automatically assigned a random new driver in the EOS, or must I recruit one?
2) Can I (should I) contract a driver now, to begin at the start of next Season?
If you really can do nothing to keep your driver:
1: You should recruit. Or you can choose BAD random driver for 1 race if you have no contract with the driver.
2: IMHO: If you find now (or a bit later) a driver you like (and you think you can keep him/her for the next season), sign him/her. There's a market madness at the start of the season when it's harder to pickup the driver with the reasonable fee and salary.
Pierre Lisbonis
(Grupa Rookie - 58)

Teme: 586
  Država:
Francuska 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (2)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)
Stari post #4 objavljeno 19 Ruj 2019, 09:50:34 Citat 
And how about giving a deeper look at the rules? Say §5.5 ...
Florencia Caro
(Grupa Pro - 18)

GPRO Ekipa
Teme: 17140
  Država:
Argentina 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (4)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)
Stari post #5 objavljeno 19 Ruj 2019, 11:52:39 (zadnji uredio19 Ruj 2019, 12:02:03 od Florencia Caro) Citat 
Only new registrants and managers doing a soft reset get assigned a random driver automatically. Rest of the rookies don't, that's why on both Staff Markets we have during Race 1 we have a phenomenon we call "Market Madness" :D

As per exceeded OA, if OA base removing motivation is still =< 85, you might have a chance to re-sign it. Observe "check the rules" advice in the previous comment.

It's still a good idea to check on the market, drivers you get when you sign up are rarely any good. There are exceptions of course.
Elizabeth Mills
(Grupa Rookie - 147)

Država:
Engleska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #6 objavljeno 19 Ruj 2019, 12:45:54 Citat 
Thanks for all the advice, here and in PMs

I would like to keep this driver if possible, so I will try some of the suggestions
Tibor Szuromi
(Grupa Master - 4)

Teme: 11906
  Država:
Mađarska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #7 objavljeno 19 Ruj 2019, 13:17:54 Citat 
Quote ( Elizabeth Mills @ September 19th 2019,12:45:54 )

I would like to keep this driver if possible, so I will try some of the suggestions
Does not make sense. Your salary is high.
Elizabeth Mills
(Grupa Rookie - 147)

Država:
Engleska 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)
Stari post #8 objavljeno 19 Ruj 2019, 13:25:41 Citat 
Quote ( Tibor Szuromi @ September 19th 2019,13:17:54 )

Quote ( Elizabeth Mills @ September 19th 2019,12:45:54 )

I would like to keep this driver if possible, so I will try some of the suggestions Does not make sense. Your salary is high.

Good point, thanks Tibor.
Robert Lee
(Grupa Amateur - 32)

Teme: 273
  Država:
Engleska 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (2)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (1)
Stari post #9 objavljeno 19 Ruj 2019, 13:41:34 Citat 
start asking yourself, what do you want in a driver?

Do you want them to do well in the rain?

Do you want them to be a sponsor booster?

Do you want to see what ama is like in a couple of seasons?
Mikko Heikkinen
(Grupa Master - 3)

Teme: 12503
  Država:
Finska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #10 objavljeno 19 Ruj 2019, 14:12:40 (zadnji uredio19 Ruj 2019, 14:24:15 od Mikko Heikkinen) Citat 
Quote ( Tibor Szuromi @ September 19th 2019,13:17:54 )

Does not make sense. Your salary is high.

The salary is quite ok. ofc it's not as cheap as yours, but that would be rare

only ~1,4% of ALL signed drivers are <300k
on the other end, ~22 % of all signed drivers are >1Mil

That leaves us with ~76,5% for 300k-1Mil

Sure, it could be less, but it could also be more.

I personally promoted from rookie with a driver who had salary of £2,500,000 though I wouldn't recommend that to anyone, it is still possible. Given the general salary levels in Rookie, a driver with less than $1 Mil salary is quite ok and surely manageable.

My point is this, rejecting a driver solely on the bases of a salary which is still at ok levels isn't necessarily the best thing to do, after all (s)he might be good enough to be worth it.

Having that said, as a generalization the "default driver"* rarely is worth $1 Mil, but I don't know that particular drivers skillset so it's also not possible to categorically say one way or another

As another generalization I do agree with Tibor on the part that salary is a part of the driver decision and one should look for a cheap (or at least reasonable) solution. In general cheaper is better ofc. :)

*That in mind, I'd recommend looking for (and possibly hiring) a new driver sometime (let's say) 'round Race 14-17 or so.

You might find a better one and might even turn out to be cheaper too :)
Tibor Szuromi
(Grupa Master - 4)

Država:
Mađarska 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (1)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)
Stari post #11 objavljeno 19 Ruj 2019, 14:23:48 Citat 
Quote ( Mikko Heikkinen @ September 19th 2019,14:12:40 )

The salary is quite ok.
Depends.
1-2 seasons ... or more.

Mikko Heikkinen
(Grupa Master - 3)

Teme: 12503
  Država:
Finska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #12 objavljeno 19 Ruj 2019, 14:29:08 (zadnji uredio19 Ruj 2019, 14:43:20 od Mikko Heikkinen) Citat 
Quote ( Tibor Szuromi @ September 19th 2019,14:23:48 )

Depends.
1-2 seasons ... or more.

That is kind'a my point. The salary alone doesn't mean anything (or much), as it's just part of the equation.

The drivers attributes are also quite very important and what the drivers future usage is meant to be.

I highly doubt that the driver is meant to be used for the next 15 seasons and all the way to elite. I've yet to see a default driver paired with a new manager capable of that. And as so, the salary is "reasonable" for a season or two, at which point (if not earlier) the driver will most likely get the boot due to his/her skills or rather lack there of, but not just because of salary

Replacing the driver will come relatively soon anyways. It may be during this season, it may be during the next couple seasons. Without knowing the attributes it's near impossible to say when, but it's coming... I'd dare say that 100% managers have used more than their default driver :)

Tibor Szuromi
(Grupa Master - 4)

Država:
Mađarska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #13 objavljeno 19 Ruj 2019, 14:44:29 Citat 
Here's a help for a beginner manager.

Don't complicate it!

Elizabeth Mills
(Grupa Rookie - 147)

Država:
Engleska 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)
Stari post #14 objavljeno 19 Ruj 2019, 14:58:50 (zadnji uredio19 Ruj 2019, 15:08:55 od Elizabeth Mills) Citat 
(Edited, due to newbie mistakes in original)

Thanks again, guys. It has been pointed out to me by a friend that my current driver only has a contract for [a further] 7 races. I hadn't noticed that (I kinda assumed he would be contracted for the season - elementary mistake).

[I will have to let him go then anyway], so that gives me [3] weeks to look around for a suitable driver to replace him. That's actually not a bad position to be in.
Tibor Szuromi
(Grupa Master - 4)

Država:
Mađarska 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (1)
Stari post #15 objavljeno 19 Ruj 2019, 15:04:18 Citat 
I'm careless. :(
Leon Labuschagne
(Grupa Rookie - 62)

Teme: 7
  Država:
Njemačka 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #16 objavljeno 22 Ruj 2019, 23:06:37 Citat 
Quote ( Tibor Szuromi @ September 19th 2019,14:44:29 )

Here's a help for a beginner manager.

Don't complicate it!

But take it too easy is wrong too.
I saw a few managers that are on gpro for 30 seasons and more and every single season in rookie without any progress.
Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo
(Grupa Master - 3)

Teme: 2729
  Država:
Meksiko 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #17 objavljeno 23 Ruj 2019, 03:29:34 Citat 
Quote ( Leon Labuschagne @ September 22nd 2019,23:06:37 )

I saw a few managers that are on gpro for 30 seasons and more and every single season in rookie without any progress.

I'm sure all of them have remained in rookie by their on will,not because they don't know how to select a driver (I'm sure quite a few of them do) and remain in Rookie because they prefer to have continuous good results or achievements.

Mike Bennett
(Grupa Amateur - 26)

Teme: 1674
  Država:
Engleska 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (2)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (2)
Stari post #18 objavljeno 23 Ruj 2019, 04:07:25 (zadnji uredio23 Ruj 2019, 04:27:31 od Mike Bennett) Citat 
Quote ( Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo @ September 23rd 2019,03:29:34 )

Quote ( Leon Labuschagne @ September 22nd 2019,23:06:37 )

I'm sure all of them have remained in rookie by their on will,not because they don't know how to select a driver (I'm sure quite a few of them do) and remain in Rookie because they prefer to have continuous good results or achievements.

I agree Eduardo, the game is "allegedly" geared to accommodated all players who wish to gain the best enjoyment that is available and one of those is the enjoyment in collecting achievements.

So should a new player decide that his goal in the game is to collect all the possible achievements available in Rookie then I fail to understand why such a manager should be punished for simply playing the game ?

Link :- /gb/GPRORules.asp#72-other-matters

"Any manager who starts a season in Rookie will do so with a financial penalty worth $200,000 for every point they scored above 50 points in the previous season. This penalty does not apply to managers who finished the previous season in Rookie with a positive balance"

Now I am almost certain that this must have been brought up before so apologises for mentioning it here, but I am only responding to a previous post.

It used to be that the top 3 in Rookie promoted ( plus additional promotions) now it is the top 4 ( plus ) and the size of the groups has reduced to the point that the number of rookie groups has reduced drastically.

Now I may be wrong but surely the fact that we now have the top 4 promoting since season (?) that this accommodates the managers who are collecting Rookie achievements ?

Stranica [1
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Newbie forum > Driver - thinking ahead Temu stavi na listu ignoriranja Temu stavi na listu praćenja

Odgovori na tu temu