Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > General forum > tyre change... or not??? Temu stavi na listu ignoriranja Temu stavi na listu praćenja
Stranica [1
Začetnik Tema: tyre change... or not??? 7 odgovora
Andrew Jones
(Grupa Amateur - 64)

Teme: 39
  Država:
Australija 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (2)
Stari post #1 objavljeno 1 Tra 2020, 09:59:54 Citat 
so started last race on soft tyres, with settings to wait 0 laps when it rains, started in the rain but didnt pit after first lap, hmmmm, not right, ty any ideas??? and never pitted for wets at all??? something amiss
Vesa Ritvanen
(Grupa Amateur - 51)

Teme: 1429
  Država:
Finska 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (2)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)
Stari post #2 objavljeno 1 Tra 2020, 10:03:48 Citat 
It says change tyres when it starts rain, but it was already raining. Start of race have same weather as Q2.
Robin Goodey
(Grupa Elite)

Teme: 2096
  Država:
Engleska 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (3)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)
Stari post #3 objavljeno 1 Tra 2020, 10:04:54 Citat 
Nothing amiss - you only pit for wet tyres when either

1) Weather changes TO wet (and it didn't change as it started wet)
2) You have to pit for fuel / tyre wear, and it is still raining.

User error on your part unfortunately

Steven Hill
(Grupa Amateur - 32)

Teme: 1277
  Država:
Australija 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (1)
Stari post #4 objavljeno 1 Tra 2020, 10:13:21 (zadnji uredio1 Tra 2020, 10:15:38 od Steven Hill) Citat 
Quote ( Robin Goodey @ April 1st 2020,10:04:54 )

Nothing amiss - you only pit for wet tyres when either

1) Weather changes TO wet (and it didn't change as it started wet)
2) You have to pit for fuel / tyre wear, and it is still raining.

User error on your part unfortunately

And your in a team!! :(
Sebastian K Schwalmtal
(Grupa Amateur - 82)

Teme: 3
  Država:
Njemačka 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)
Stari post #5 objavljeno 1 Tra 2020, 11:18:04 Citat 
last race i started with wet tires and in the round that i had my pit it stopped raining ( i entered the pit lane and you saw rain stopped ) but they didnt changed to dry tires i got another wet tire set. then after 4 rounds or so i got another pit then dry tires where mounted ( i have set 0 laps to wait when rain stops in the menu ).
thats a strange behavior and shouldnt happen
Max Watson
(Grupa Amateur - 75)

Teme: 5184
  Država:
Engleska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #6 objavljeno 1 Tra 2020, 11:19:34 Citat 
Quote ( Andrew Jones @ April 1st 2020,09:59:54 )

something amiss

As Vesa and Robin have said, this instruction only applies when there's a weather change, not when it continues raining from Q2. This might sound a bit like splitting hairs at first, but there is a reason for it, and once you know, you know.
Vesa Ritvanen
(Grupa Amateur - 51)

Teme: 1429
  Država:
Finska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #7 objavljeno 1 Tra 2020, 11:32:35 (zadnji uredio1 Tra 2020, 11:33:02 od Vesa Ritvanen) Citat 
Quote ( Sebastian K Schwalmtal @ April 1st 2020,11:18:04 )

last race i started with wet tires and in the round that i had my pit it stopped raining ( i entered the pit lane and you saw rain stopped ) but they didnt changed to dry tires i got another wet tire set. then after 4 rounds or so i got another pit then dry tires where mounted ( i have set 0 laps to wait when rain stops in the menu ).
thats a strange behavior and shouldnt happen

Your pit was lap 22 and rain stop in lap 24, so no mistake there.

Check your race analysis.
Sandro Medeiros
(Grupa Amateur - 59)

Teme: 21
  Država:
Brazil 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (1)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)
Stari post #8 objavljeno 1 Tra 2020, 11:49:33 Citat 
Quote ( Andrew Jones @ April 1st 2020,09:59:54 )

so started last race on soft tyres, with settings to wait 0 laps when it rains, started in the rain but didnt pit after first lap, hmmmm, not right, ty any ideas??? and never pitted for wets at all??? something amiss

Well, at least I am glad I am not the only silly one in the world who started with dry tyres and saw everyone waving goodbye to me in the first lap! It was.... disappointing!

Then I remembered the GPRO Newbie Guide that I already had read it but forgot completely:

There is one other issue when it is raining in Q2. Rain for Q2 means it will be raining at the start of the race. However it is important to look at the weather forecast for the race before deciding on your starting race tyres. If the forecast says that there is a very low chance of rain in the first 30 minutes of the race it means that the rain will stop, usually after a few laps. You will need to decide if you want to start on rain tyres and pit after just a few laps or start on dry tyres and lose a little time at the beginning of the race but not have to make a pit stop.

Shame on me... :(

Stranica [1
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > General forum > tyre change... or not??? Temu stavi na listu ignoriranja Temu stavi na listu praćenja

Odgovori na tu temu