Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Forum games > COMBAT: StarTrek [Re-Materialised!] Temu stavi na listu ignoriranja Temu stavi na listu praćenja
Stranica « 1 2 3 ... 20 21 [22 Brzo idi na stranicu:
Začetnik Tema: COMBAT: StarTrek [Re-Materialised!] 656 odgovora
Ricardo Antunes
(Grupa Amateur - 28)

Teme: 2566
  Država:
Portugal 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (1)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)
Stari post #631 objavljeno 17 Velj 2022, 01:36:33 Citat 
Quote ( Jonathan Beagles @ February 17th 2022,01:34:39 )

Mario Kart...could in theory feature Sonic I suppose...it's not classic Mario but it's possible.

Though please note, usually characters are assigned randomly, so you wouldn't be guaranteed (or even likely) to play as Sonic.

As for doing one on the overall Sonic universe...it's possible, but relatively low down the list in terms of popularity and possibilities I'd suggest.

Love it <3

I don't even need Sonic, just a Sonic character for myself. Perhaps we could pick teams :P

Just the inclusion of the characters (even if I don't have one myself) would be incredible to me :D Thanks Jon :)
Michael Monaco
(Grupa Pro - 21)

Teme: 3849
  Država:
Italija 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)
Stari post #632 objavljeno 17 Velj 2022, 02:24:57 (zadnji uredio17 Velj 2022, 02:33:38 od Michael Monaco) Citat 
Quote ( Ricardo Antunes @ February 16th 2022,22:52:25 )

yes because the Darkness was rude and didn't grow where I needed it to :P

How did it work? some of us got eliminated too early and didn't get to see the darkness progress.
Quote ( Jun Ho @ February 16th 2022,22:40:24 )

I had so many ships ready to be sent after my upgrades. Then @Michael Monaco (P21) came and destroyed it in 1 turn :P

I think I actually tried to send you a message, but there were some quirks that I just didn't figure out... like if your ship is hidden it can't get messages back... so then I just decided to attack :D

My race was "reclusive" in its description, so then I just decided no allies for me. That was a mistake!
Quote ( Jonathan Beagles @ February 16th 2022,22:28:11 )

Open to other thoughts on the game

I do think that it was a bit too dependent on timing of orders at some points. I would have like to see more passive defensive abilities. Like if you get attacked you automatically attack back. IF they attack with lasers but you have some mirrors defenses it reflects back, stuff like that.
I also would have loved a colonizing factor. Instead of destroying the planet you could grow your empire. Map location did kinda matter
Ivelin Dobrev
(Grupa Rookie - 140)

Teme: 2455
  Država:
Kanada 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #633 objavljeno 17 Velj 2022, 03:03:38 Citat 
I think GoT makes the most sense.
Bert Meeus
(Grupa Amateur - 57)

Teme: 71
  Država:
Belgija 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #634 objavljeno 17 Velj 2022, 09:14:43 (zadnji uredio17 Velj 2022, 09:15:06 od Bert Meeus) Citat 
Quote ( Jonathan Beagles @ February 17th 2022,01:23:27 )

5 - COMBAT will return after the next FGC, likely with one of the following themes:

- Game of Thrones
- Marvel Comics Universe
- Harry Potter
- Star Wars
- Mario Kart

I am only familiar with the Harry Potter and Star Wars universes, but that does not matter I also barely knew Star Trek and really have no idea who the Jem'Hadar are... For me the theme does not matter. GoT, Sonic or even My Little Pony, that will not stop me from trying to win. ;-)

Archit Modi
(Grupa Pro - 9)

Teme: 77
  Država:
Indija 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #635 objavljeno 17 Velj 2022, 10:09:54 Citat 
Wow a P3! :P

Just got one thing to say, brilliant game Jon, I honestly haven't enjoyed any other game on the forum as much as I enjoyed this one!

Tim Wagner
(Grupa Amateur - 45)

Teme: 6250
  Država:
Njemačka 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #636 objavljeno 17 Velj 2022, 12:54:51 Citat 
I was always hoping for a Star Wars COMBAT, but a GoT one really is the most fitting for this kind of game. Either way, looking forward to anything! :)

Quote ( Bert Meeus @ February 16th 2022,23:22:29 )

No problem, I thought I was done after I knew I was being imposted, but when I got my fleet back and realised I was still very much in the game, I became too gready and continued causing havoc all over the map instead of focusing on one sector as was my original plan...

Yeah, thanks to you getting a bit greedy I could continue my plan of Delta sector domination and then just casually hang low there for a while. You basically turned into the perfect distraction and opponent for everybody :D
Ania Piekarska
(Grupa Elite)

Teme: 713
  Država:
Poljska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #637 objavljeno 17 Velj 2022, 13:08:25 Citat 
Congrats Tim and all humans!

There is quite some stuff that is obvious/known to those who survived to the endgame but not for the spectators. Can someone explain?

- What exactly impostor ability allowed?
- How did the alliances work and who was allied with who?
- What were the special abilities of your races? (Mine was iirc +25% damage in my quadrant but on the other hand I wasn't allowed to form alliances)

Regarding the next game, I'm same as Bert - familiar only with Harry Potter and Star Wars, but I don't mind unfamiliar theme (and Star Trek was unfamiliar too).
Bert Meeus
(Grupa Amateur - 57)

Država:
Belgija 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #638 objavljeno 17 Velj 2022, 13:36:00 Citat 
Quote ( Ania Piekarska @ February 17th 2022,13:08:25 )

- What exactly impostor ability allowed?

The impostor was the final weapon investment. If you managed to get a ship near an enemy planet you could use it and take over the opponents fleet for one turn. I forgot why, but it only worked in phase 3 of the game.

- How did the alliances work and who was allied with who?

Just ask the other race to negotiate and move your ship to their planet or ship and wait 1/3/9 turns (depending on race). Then you are allowed to pm the owner of that race whatever you want. You could also exchange money and investments by moving ships to their planet and back. @Jonathan Beagles (A11) what would have happened if someone would brake an alliance? I do not think anyone took the risk doing so.

- What were the special abilities of your races? (Mine was iirc +25% damage in my quadrant but on the other hand I wasn't allowed to form alliances)

Mine was +5% extra population growth (was really powerful as I was able to get more money and more ships than anyone else), with the downside that it also caused some extra unhappiness due to overcrowding. Also an increase in strength when attacking with an ally but that was not so useful as I was strong enough all by myself to take ships and planets down.
Ricardo Antunes
(Grupa Amateur - 28)

Država:
Portugal 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #639 objavljeno 17 Velj 2022, 14:18:44 Citat 
My ability was negotiations took 3x longer but I had a 10% discount on all investements.
Paweł Gierech
(Grupa Rookie - 107)

Teme: 23
  Država:
Poljska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #640 objavljeno 17 Velj 2022, 14:29:57 Citat 
Quote ( Jonathan Beagles @ February 17th 2022,01:23:27 )

So general plan for my games, is now as follows:

5 - COMBAT will return after the next FGC, likely with one of the following themes:

- Game of Thrones
- Marvel Comics Universe
- Harry Potter
- Star Wars
- Mario Kart

SW or GoT seem to be better than HP for a COMBAT game IMHO (two other themes I don't know).

If you seek inspiration on subjects, also Tolkien's LoTR world is an obvious possibility.

Tim Wagner
(Grupa Amateur - 45)

Država:
Njemačka 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #641 objavljeno 17 Velj 2022, 14:31:27 Citat 
My ability was that I make more damage attacking with allies but lose 5 satisfaction each turn.
Jun Ho
(Grupa Amateur - 52)

Teme: 8525
  Država:
Hong Kong 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #642 objavljeno 17 Velj 2022, 16:16:38 Citat 
Quote ( Paweł Gierech @ February 17th 2022,14:29:57 )

If you seek inspiration on subjects, also Tolkien's LoTR world is an obvious possibility

@Paweł Gierech (R107) if you wonder why LoTR wasn't chosen as an option:

/gb/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=6865

:)
Ivelin Dobrev
(Grupa Rookie - 140)

Teme: 2455
  Država:
Kanada 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #643 objavljeno 17 Velj 2022, 16:25:22 Citat 
Investing cost me 10% less and negotiations took one turn (even if I thought that was already the case by default).
Paweł Gierech
(Grupa Rookie - 107)

Teme: 23
  Država:
Poljska 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (2)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)
Stari post #644 objavljeno 17 Velj 2022, 19:26:12 Citat 
Quote ( Jun Ho @ February 17th 2022,16:16:38 )

Quote ( Paweł Gierech @ February 17th 2022,14:29:57 )

If you seek inspiration on subjects, also Tolkien's LoTR world is an obvious possibility

@Paweł Gierech (R107) if you wonder why LoTR wasn't chosen as an option:

/gb/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=6865

:)

Thank you, @Jun Ho (A52) ! Well, being a GPRO community member since 2021 I could not have memory of a 2008 game. Btw. if the subject was not repeated from then, maybe it's high time to do that? :D
Jonathan Beagles
(Grupa Amateur - 11)

Mod Teme
Teme: 6126
  Država:
Engleska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #645 objavljeno 17 Velj 2022, 22:21:49 Citat 
Quote ( Bert Meeus @ February 17th 2022,13:36:00 )

I forgot why, but it only worked in phase 3 of the game.

Not true - you could have used it in Phase 2, but for some reason no-one did!

Quote ( Bert Meeus @ February 17th 2022,13:36:00 )

@Jonathan Beagles (A11) what would have happened if someone would brake an alliance? I do not think anyone took the risk doing so.

Betrayal = An ally fires upon you = Satisfaction decreases by 30 points for both races

Go here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EckmXiGjMyKXApqiU3Ye...

You can see all the possible Incidentals in the Wealth, Pop. and Incidentals tab :)

@Ania Piekarska (E) the above link answers all your questions, other than who was allied with who. That was something that I kept track of on the sheets themselves during Phase 2...and then deleted when we reached Phase 3. Bert/Jem'Hadar were allied with basically everyone though lol :P

Quote ( Paweł Gierech @ February 17th 2022,19:26:12 )

Thank you, @Jun Ho (A52) ! Well, being a GPRO community member since 2021 I could not have memory of a 2008 game. Btw. if the subject was not repeated from then, maybe it's high time to do that? :D

I'm not ruling out doing it again - but not likely to repeat one I've already done until I'm out of other ideas...! :)
Bert Meeus
(Grupa Amateur - 57)

Država:
Belgija 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #646 objavljeno 18 Velj 2022, 09:44:48 (zadnji uredio18 Velj 2022, 09:55:31 od Bert Meeus) Citat 
Quote ( Jonathan Beagles @ February 17th 2022,22:21:49 )

Bert/Jem'Hadar were allied with basically everyone though lol :P

Well, first I allied up with the Orions, because they where the first planet I discovered and I definitely did not want war at the early stages of the game since I did focus less on weapons or defense investments. They have been my closest ally in phase 2 and we exchanged a lot of information and investments.

I allied up with the Bolians because I was looking for a partner to have a joint attack on the Dominions (which failed because the Dominions attacked the Bolians themselves) and because I wanted to have an ally in the Eastern part of the galaxy.

I also wanted an ally in the Western part of the galaxy. I was doubting between the Andorians which I first did meet and the Talaxians and it became the latter since I was unimpressed with the Andorian attack reports posted by Q.

The Klingon sent big ships in the direction of my planet and of Orion so I was impressed with their advancement but also scared they might attack. Because the Orions did prefer not to do a joint attack on them since they were recovering from attacking a bot planet at that time, the safest option for both of us was to also allying up with them.

Then I noticed that the Bolians, the Humans and the Vulcans, which were really next to each other were allying up and together they would be an unbeatable force in their part of the galaxy, so I also allied up with the Humans and the Vulcans.

At the end of phase 2 I was running out of targets... All non-allied planets were destroyed and I had no idea where their remaining ships were. Too bad, if I could have destroyed 1 more planet I would have had enough cash to build a super-expensive 6th starship (not counting the one I stole from the Dominions)!
Ania Piekarska
(Grupa Elite)

Država:
Poljska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #647 objavljeno 18 Velj 2022, 18:32:22 Citat 
Thanks for the explanations everyone :) It gives me a better image of how the game looked.
Jonathan Beagles
(Grupa Pro - 15)

Mod Teme
  Država:
Engleska 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (5)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (2)
Stari post #648 objavljeno 16 Pro 2022, 13:12:25 Citat 
Planning to launch a new COMBAT game next week - it's clear that Star Wars and Game of Thrones are the front runners (sorry Ric), so we'll have a vote to see what the preference is and I'll design that game accordingly.

THUMBS UP for Star Wars
THUMBS DOWN for Game of Thrones

Please note, both will be individual COMBATs, i.e. not like the Star Trek one. You will just have 1 character with a map to move around and fight/ally etc.

Expecting to start designing this on Wednesday FYI, with the thread hopefully up by about Friday.
Ania Piekarska
(Grupa Pro - 8)

Država:
Poljska 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (5)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)
Stari post #649 objavljeno 16 Pro 2022, 13:26:41 Citat 
Where can I thumb up the fact that you are preparing the game?
Bert Meeus
(Grupa Pro - 11)

Država:
Belgija 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #650 objavljeno 16 Pro 2022, 13:32:55 Citat 
Quote ( Ania Piekarska @ December 16th 2022,13:26:41 )

Where can I thumb up the fact that you are preparing the game?

I am using your post for that! :-P
Matthew Standen
(Grupa Pro - 12)

Teme: 267
  Država:
Engleska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #651 objavljeno 16 Pro 2022, 14:33:58 Citat 
I don't particularly like either of those themes, so I'll abstain from voting.

I'll still be joining the game though :P

Tim Wagner
(Grupa Pro - 8)

Država:
Njemačka 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #652 objavljeno 16 Pro 2022, 15:08:21 Citat 
I like both themes so wont vote for either too...

but I'll abuse Ania's post to thumb up your efforts of getting the game running again :)
Ricardo Antunes
(Grupa Pro - 2)

Država:
Portugal 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #653 objavljeno 16 Pro 2022, 18:43:36 Citat 

Quote ( Jonathan Beagles @ December 16th 2022,13:12:25 )

(sorry Ric)

And there's my vote too :P
Jonathan Beagles
(Grupa Pro - 15)

Mod Teme
  Država:
Engleska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #654 objavljeno 18 Pro 2022, 17:38:43 Citat 
Looks like Star Wars right now...I'm off work from Wednesday onwards, so that's when I'll likely take the final total.

If you want to have your say on Star Wars v Game of Thrones theme, then go to post #648...
Jonathan Beagles
(Grupa Pro - 15)

Mod Teme
  Država:
Engleska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #655 objavljeno 21 Pro 2022, 11:57:27 Citat 
It's official - Star Wars FTW :)

Working out the characters etc. over the rest of this week, hoping to have the thread up between Christmas and New Year at the latest.
Mairo Toom
(Grupa Amateur - 47)

Teme: 12780
  Država:
Estonija 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #656 objavljeno 21 Pro 2022, 12:44:48 Citat 
Pity I don't remeber what I did good and what I did bad last time around :D
Jonathan Beagles
(Grupa Pro - 15)

Mod Teme
  Država:
Engleska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #657 objavljeno 23 Pro 2022, 08:43:31 Citat 
/gb/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=31021&Page=1&E=1#scroll

New COMBAT is up - ##Joining now open :)

Random character assignment for this one FYI.
Stranica « 1 2 3 ... 20 21 [22 Brzo idi na stranicu:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Forum games > COMBAT: StarTrek [Re-Materialised!] Temu stavi na listu ignoriranja Temu stavi na listu praćenja

Odgovori na tu temu