Grand Prix Racing Online Fórum > Forum games > A General Silly Games Thread A téma tiltólistára helyezése Téma hozzáadása a figyelőlistához
Oldal « 1 2 3 ... 31 [3233 ... 38 39 40 » Ugrás erre az oldalra:
Szerző Téma: A General Silly Games Thread 1192 válasz
Ivelin Dobrev
(Csoport Rookie - 140)

Téma moderátor
Hsz.: 2455
  Ország:
Kanada 
Teszt: 
Tetszik (0)   Nem tetszik (0)
Régi hozzászólás #931 Elküldve: 2021. november 6. 22:22:20 Idézet 
I don’t mind being rude. Sonny, there are probably 2-3 people in the whole GPRO that I would trust hosting a game like Big Brother. You haven’t even hosted one small simple game yet. And I don’t think it’s a good idea if you play Mafia to be honest as I highly doubt your seriousness.
Ricardo Antunes
(Csoport Amateur - 28)

Hsz.: 2567
  Ország:
Portugália 
Teszt: 
Régi hozzászólás #932 Elküldve: 2021. november 6. 22:24:00 Idézet 

Quote ( Ivelin Dobrev @ November 6th 2021,22:22:20 )

2-3 people in the whole GPRO that I would trust hosting a game like Big Brother.

fine, i didn't want to anyways >:(

:P
Jonathan Beagles
(Csoport Pro - 20)

Hsz.: 6130
  Ország:
Anglia 
Teszt: 
Régi hozzászólás #933 Elküldve: 2021. november 7. 00:45:00 Idézet 

I don’t mind being rude. Sonny, there are probably 2-3 people in the whole GPRO that I would trust hosting a game like Big Brother. You haven’t even hosted one small simple game yet. And I don’t think it’s a good idea if you play Mafia to be honest as I highly doubt your seriousness.

This. Sonny - you struggle to complete seasons of games you enter (TERG and Football World two recent examples I've noted) and I've not seen anything to suggest you would be able to cope with this. BB is a TOUGH thing to host - you need creativity, organisation, communication skills and you need to attract interesting/high profile managers where possible. When I hosted it, it almost killed me!

If you want to build towards BB, then consider what mini-games you might host and try hosting a couple of those first to see how you find them - if you start getting traction with those, then you can start working towards BB.
Ricardo Antunes
(Csoport Amateur - 28)

Ország:
Portugália 
Teszt: 
Tetszik (2)   Nem tetszik (0)
Régi hozzászólás #934 Elküldve: 2021. november 7. 01:02:35 Idézet 
Something that I feel like is not being touched upon here in what makes a good host, so I'll just briefly mention it: preparation.

I have been preparing a forum game for almost 10 months now, after releasing another version way too soon and it was chaotic. 10 months of development, and even more months will come, but I'm doing all of this in order to guarantee that when the game comes out it will be:

- simple enough to run (when i say simple, not to the point of being easy, to the point of not taking 4 hours to run a move)
- simple enough to understand
- fun to play

I have asked multiple people for help, am play testing the game, all that stuff. That is what good preparation is. Especially for a non-veteran host like me, it is even more important to prepare adequatly. It is also important to aknowledge the amount of time it will take to run that game.

You have done none of that. I know this because this isn't the first game you try to host without any sort of preparation.

/gb/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=30429

When I first saw this game I did not know what to think. Did Sonny actually invest time in making a functional game? You had no rules in so I assumed you would put them in soon...

What I saw from the later posts is that the whole thing was likely improvised. The OP was a mess, the rules were vague about so much I can't even begin to comprehend what that game was even supposed to be about. I didn't comment on it at the time, because I didn't want to be disrespecful.

As I don't want to be now either by the way. Just figured that you could use some enlightment in something you are surely missing massively, Sonny.

Apart from all the rest, of course.
Sonny Long
(Csoport Rookie - 91)

Hsz.: 782
  Ország:
Anglia 
Teszt: 
Régi hozzászólás #935 Elküldve: 2021. november 7. 17:40:14 Idézet 
Quote ( Jonathan Beagles @ November 7th 2021,00:45:00 )

This. Sonny - you struggle to complete seasons of games you enter (TERG and Football World two recent examples I've noted) and I've not seen anything to suggest you would be able to cope with this. BB is a TOUGH thing to host - you need creativity, organisation, communication skills and you need to attract interesting/high profile managers where possible. When I hosted it, it almost killed me!

If you want to build towards BB, then consider what mini-games you might host and try hosting a couple of those first to see how you find them - if you start getting traction with those, then you can start working towards BB.
Quote ( Ricardo Antunes @ November 7th 2021,01:02:35 )

Something that I feel like is not being touched upon here in what makes a good host, so I'll just briefly mention it: preparation.

I have been preparing a forum game for almost 10 months now, after releasing another version way too soon and it was chaotic. 10 months of development, and even more months will come, but I'm doing all of this in order to guarantee that when the game comes out it will be:

- simple enough to run (when i say simple, not to the point of being easy, to the point of not taking 4 hours to run a move)
- simple enough to understand
- fun to play

I have asked multiple people for help, am play testing the game, all that stuff. That is what good preparation is. Especially for a non-veteran host like me, it is even more important to prepare adequatly. It is also important to aknowledge the amount of time it will take to run that game.

You have done none of that. I know this because this isn't the first game you try to host without any sort of preparation.

/gb/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=30429

When I first saw this game I did not know what to think. Did Sonny actually invest time in making a functional game? You had no rules in so I assumed you would put them in soon...

What I saw from the later posts is that the whole thing was likely improvised. The OP was a mess, the rules were vague about so much I can't even begin to comprehend what that game was even supposed to be about. I didn't comment on it at the time, because I didn't want to be disrespecful.

As I don't want to be now either by the way. Just figured that you could use some enlightment in something you are surely missing massively, Sonny.

Apart from all the rest, of course.
cheers Jon & Ric for the advice.

Jon, your point of view intrigued me, as a experienced games host, your advice did strike me at first, but upon further investigation, decided to take on the advice.

The majority of the time why I struggle with forum games was hence I lose interest very quickly (i.e. OPS - I lost my interest before the series began, because I like, let's say, a creative imagination, something that stands out. Whilst some forum games had this, other didn't & it's a massive turn off for me.

Other times, such as Football World, I enjoyed it, but left because of a hectic schedule. Real life means a lot gets in the way, and I decided to stop playing those, rather than not submit.

TERG, well... That's TERG. I'll get back to that in the summer, because I like to book the summer time off.

Ricardo's point, I can understand, considering he's new, and took steps I didn't. I mean, everyone makes mistakes, and me potentially hosting BB, with so much inexperience, was going to be one.

My first game, which I hosted, it was a mess. Looking back, I'll probably pick a real life TV show, but not as complicated as Big Brother, that's for sure :)

Thanks for the advice,

Sonny
Ricardo Antunes
(Csoport Amateur - 28)

Ország:
Portugália 
Teszt: 
Tetszik (1)   Nem tetszik (0)
Régi hozzászólás #936 Elküldve: 2021. november 7. 17:51:24 Idézet 
Quote ( Sonny Long @ November 7th 2021,17:40:14 )

but left because of a hectic schedule

If you cannot find time to play Football World with your schedule (which literally just requires submitting a short form every 2 weeks or so), then if I were you I wouldn't bother with hosting anything bigger than something like Ready, Aim, Fire or some other very (and i cannot stress the word "very" enough) simple game.

If you do, you are going to drop the game sooner or later and people will not be happy. Ignoring the fact of the game being well hosted or not.

To put it simply: no TV show in the world is going to be simple enough for you to host. In fact, I imagine most forum game concepts there are wouldn't work for you as I can clearly picture you abandoning the project in the middle of the game.

I'll get back to that in the summer, because I like to book the summer time off.

Perhaps take this not only for TERG but for all forum games, including ones you might host :)
Sonny Long
(Csoport Rookie - 91)

Hsz.: 782
  Ország:
Anglia 
Teszt: 
Régi hozzászólás #937 Elküldve: 2021. november 7. 18:02:52 Idézet 
Quote ( Ricardo Antunes @ November 7th 2021,17:51:24 )

but left because of a hectic schedule

If you cannot find time to play Football World with your schedule (which literally just requires submitting a short form every 2 weeks or so), then if I were you I wouldn't bother with hosting anything bigger than something like Ready, Aim, Fire or some other very (and i cannot stress the word "very" enough) simple game.

If you do, you are going to drop the game sooner or later and people will not be happy. Ignoring the fact of the game being well hosted or not.

To put it simply: no TV show in the world is going to be simple enough for you to host.
Football World was something I was willing to do, but in the end, I started losing my focus with the other forum games.

Quote ( Ricardo Antunes @ November 7th 2021,17:51:24 )

In fact, I imagine most forum game concepts there are wouldn't work for you as I can clearly picture you abandoning the project in the middle of the game
that's why I plan to do them in the summer, to avoid that scenario.
Steven Rose
(Csoport Amateur - 50)

Hsz.: 313
  Ország:
Anglia 
Teszt: 
Régi hozzászólás #938 Elküldve: 2021. november 7. 23:51:10 Idézet 
On a lighter note there are 4/5 spaces left in SRS B... come start your SRS career or pick up and start again if you have played previously :)

/gb/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=30454
Keith Partridge
(Csoport Rookie - 20)

Hsz.: 1047
  Ország:
Wales 
Teszt: 
Tetszik (3)   Nem tetszik (0)
Régi hozzászólás #939 Elküldve: 2021. november 8. 12:59:41 Idézet 
Just sounding out if anyone would join in if I resurrected Elite Black Sheep next season.... Kevin Abdalla used to host it but sadly he has not been around since September

Previous thread is here

/gb/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=28428&Page=1

Pretty sure I can get the spreadsheet up and running from Kevin's rules and the Google sheet but no point if no one is interested in joining in!!!!

Thumbs up on this post if you are interested - thumbs down if you think it is a stupid idea
Jun Ho
(Csoport Amateur - 52)

Hsz.: 8525
  Ország:
Hong Kong 
Teszt: 
Régi hozzászólás #940 Elküldve: 2021. november 8. 13:17:33 Idézet 
I will be interested KP :)
Keith Partridge
(Csoport Rookie - 20)

Ország:
Wales 
Teszt: 
Régi hozzászólás #941 Elküldve: 2021. november 20. 00:10:52 Idézet 
Well I have started the ball rolling... the thread is here.....

If you are interested in Elite Black Sheep the thread is here.....

/gb/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=30482#scroll
Stuart Foster
(Csoport Rookie - 34)

Hsz.: 12459
  Ország:
Anglia 
Teszt: 
Régi hozzászólás #942 Elküldve: 2021. december 17. 12:51:52 (módosítva: 2021. december 17. 12:53:01 Stuart Foster által) Idézet 
Pick Your Favourites - S10

NEW PLAYERS WANTED!!

Pick Your Favourites returns for a 10th outing - the first season to be held in over 6 years.

All you must do is make 5 choices per week of GPRO managers (Friday races) or Football teams (weekend matches Fri-Mon).

You have 10 chips to use for each week of play and any unused chips roll-over to the following week.

The maximum score is 100 for a game week/round.

Game thread is here :
/gb/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=30514#scroll

Thank you

Stuart

Keith Partridge
(Csoport Amateur - 51)

Ország:
Wales 
Teszt: 
Régi hozzászólás #943 Elküldve: 2021. december 23. 23:28:21 Idézet 
Not only a new month but a New Year and Month of Football rolls on and on.....

The January 2022 thread is here

/gb/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=30533&Page=1&E=1#scroll

If your New Year resolution is to join the best ( ok ... easiest) soccer game on here just post #join.....
Ricardo Antunes
(Csoport Amateur - 28)

Ország:
Portugália 
Teszt: 
Régi hozzászólás #944 Elküldve: 2021. december 24. 15:54:58 Idézet 
I have been doing too many rants, its not good for my health :P

I will post this here since 1. I dont want to flood Ivelin's game thread and 2. It's not the first time I witness this attitude being had in the recent past.

I will cut to the chase: stop saying things like "It's just a game" and "It doesn't have any consequences" and "You shouldn't take this so seriously, its just a silly game." It's very infuriating, and doesn't contribute to anything but to impede possible troubleshooting of a game.

To be more precise to what triggered me to post this: people started blasting at Alex after he complained about the unfairness of his situation. And it was really annoying me because all he wanted was to turn the game better. And no, it isnt disrespectful like some of you were implying. In fact, I see more respect rowards the game and host in doing that than to just shut up and say nothing about the game and possible issues with it.

Im not saying people havent gone overboard with it. I have recently gone really overboard myself, thankfully that situation is resolved already. But I have seen many more situations of people not doing anything out of the ordinary and being blasted (like this situation). There was no insistance of anything, no going around in circles. If you actually look at Alex's posts, his arguments were a "counter" of another person's arguments; like it or not, that's exactly how a good argument goes. If you aren't appreciating it, you are likely on the losing side.

I'm not saying I agree with him or not. But people did portray him as some sort of no-lifer who has nothing better to do than to play forum games, because "there are more important things in life". Yes, I know there are more important things in life, it doesnt stop me from caring about this.

Here are some possible answers you might throw at me so lets just speed this up:

"But Ric, this has no importance to your life whatsoever, why do you even care? The host is doing his best, you shouldnt criticize him."

Yes, i should. And its a good thing. Its called constructive criticism. No insults are thrown and its all in the name of making the game better to play. Sometimes that isnt compatible with better to host, so its up to the host to have that balance and not go overboard with many features which will burn them out and leave them to abandon the game. At the same time, if I see something that I feel is not right then I should be able to point it out and orderly argue about it. I dont think wall posts are necessarily bad, as long as they are polite and have content.

"If you just stop trying to win at any costs and try to find loopholes, maybe you wouldnt have these issues"

I have done it before, I will do it again. Done it in mafia, done it in f1 power racing, done it in most games i entered. If i see a strategy that isnt specified as illegal in the rules nor there is anything pointing towards that, I will try to employ that strategy to win. If I think it is a grey area, I ask the host if it is ok to do it before doing it. At times I did not think it was a grey area and something you were allowed to do, and then was faced with the reality that you werent supposed to do it. It happens.

"Why do you want to win so badly anyways? Its just a game, its just for fun, chill out"

I will not chill out. There are games I play to chill out. Sports Predictions based games are some of those. I do make my picks based on my knowledge, but I dont go to great lengths to win. Other games, like Mafia, Power F1, and other games I like to play a lot, I take them seriously enough to want to win because that's how I enjoy to play the game. No, it doesn't define my life. Yes, it is important for me to win. No, I don't care that it's "just" a forum game. And I do appreciate that others have the minimal effort when joining said games too. I have gone overboard with this before, I admit, but it's still something I value and I have a lot of respect for people who step up their game to provide a good gameplay experience.

"Rules are rules, the host has the final saying, there is no point in arguing with him"

Not in the sense that you know better than him, no. However, in order to improve the game, the player's opinion should count, as they are the ones who are supposed to have fun. And if that leads to a bit of an awkward moment, so be it. Let the awkward moment happen. The host will clarify their position, and at a certain point, a conclusion will be met. That's how it goes.

However, by saying things as "It's just a game" and "you arent supoosed to take it that seriously" breaks that conversation and stops the game from progressing. And in my opinion that is not ok.

"You are very young Ric, you dont know what life is"

Shut up. I am much younger than you likely, yes, but that doesnt mean I dont have an opinion. I have had (and have) a life too. I have experienced things you havent, and you experienced things I havent. Its all about respecting the stance of others.

"You are being an asshole."

There is a thumb down button waiting for you.

Conclusion: stop being someone who says they have a very important life and let others have their conversations to improve games. If you dont want to be part of it then dont post. If you want to be part of it then say your peace. If you dont have anything better other than the obvious "there are more important things in life" which everyone knows, then you are better off not posting anything.

Thank you, and rant over :)
Liviu Sandu
(Csoport Amateur - 72)

Hsz.: 406
  Ország:
Románia 
Teszt: 
Régi hozzászólás #945 Elküldve: 2021. december 24. 16:46:07 Idézet 
I'm trying to make my game more attractive, which is now in season 4.
I also receive criticism and advice, especially from those who have played before.
Anyone can access this link to find out what it is about.
In the end, I really hope you like it.

/ro/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=30464&PostId=4832918#post4832918

Chris Adnams
(Csoport Elite)

Hsz.: 255
  Ország:
Anglia 
Teszt: 
Régi hozzászólás #946 Elküldve: 2021. december 24. 20:22:38 Idézet 
I shall be bringing a new word-based game to the forums in the days after Xmas. Watch this space. :)
Jonathan Beagles
(Csoport Amateur - 11)

Hsz.: 6130
  Ország:
Anglia 
Teszt: 
Régi hozzászólás #947 Elküldve: 2021. december 25. 00:07:18 Idézet 
Will you be finishing House of Games too Chris??? :)
Ricardo Antunes
(Csoport Amateur - 28)

Ország:
Portugália 
Teszt: 
Régi hozzászólás #948 Elküldve: 2021. december 25. 00:08:58 Idézet 
I am still not eliminated from that game. How??? xD
Chris Adnams
(Csoport Elite)

Hsz.: 255
  Ország:
Anglia 
Teszt: 
Régi hozzászólás #949 Elküldve: 2021. december 25. 00:12:40 Idézet 
Quote ( Jonathan Beagles @ December 25th 2021,00:07:18 )

Will you be finishing House of Games too Chris??? :)

Once I've figured out a way of making it a lot shorter without f'ing it all up, because it's just too much work atm.
Ivelin Dobrev
(Csoport Rookie - 140)

Téma moderátor
Hsz.: 2455
  Ország:
Kanada 
Teszt: 
Régi hozzászólás #950 Elküldve: 2021. december 25. 02:02:00 Idézet 
Also Villainous please.
Jun Ho
(Csoport Amateur - 52)

Hsz.: 8525
  Ország:
Hong Kong 
Teszt: 
Régi hozzászólás #951 Elküldve: 2021. december 25. 13:15:26 Idézet 
Quote ( Chris Adnams @ December 24th 2021,20:22:38 )

I shall be bringing a new word-based game to the forums in the days after Xmas. Watch this space. :)

WHEEL! OF! FORTUNE!
Ricardo Antunes
(Csoport Amateur - 28)

Ország:
Portugália 
Teszt: 
Régi hozzászólás #952 Elküldve: 2021. december 25. 13:16:55 Idézet 
You still need to complete that one and the dungeon ones too Jun ;)

I will accept victory too if its not meant to be :P
Cezary Skonieczny
(Csoport Pro - 8)

Hsz.: 129
  Ország:
Lengyelország 
Teszt: 
Régi hozzászólás #953 Elküldve: 2021. december 31. 12:25:44 Idézet 
Hey people

New F1FG season is fast approaching

I hope to see you all there

I will secretly tell you that there are prizes for active participants next season, so be ready ....

see you soon ....

and Happy New Year 🎉🎈🎇
Liviu Sandu
(Csoport Amateur - 72)

Ország:
Románia 
Teszt: 
Régi hozzászólás #954 Elküldve: 2021. december 31. 12:58:58 Idézet 
Quote ( Cezary Skonieczny @ December 31st 2021,12:25:44 )

Happy New Year

I am close. Happy New Year
Cezary Skonieczny
(Csoport Pro - 8)

Hsz.: 129
  Ország:
Lengyelország 
Teszt: 
Régi hozzászólás #955 Elküldve: 2022. január 4. 18:37:48 (módosítva: 2022. január 4. 18:44:17 Cezary Skonieczny által) Idézet 
Next week sees the start of another season of the F1 Forum Game.

13 Euros - that's the prize pool (so far) for players this season, so if you've ever played F1FG it's a good time to come back and compete for prizes, if you've never played it's a good time to start, the rules are simple.

the link to the thread

/gb/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=30541#scroll
Liviu Sandu
(Csoport Amateur - 72)

Ország:
Románia 
Teszt: 
Régi hozzászólás #956 Elküldve: 2022. január 7. 04:31:27 Idézet 
We need one more player for the game that starts on January 11th. If there are more, even more interesting ...

/ro/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=30534&Page=1

Ania Piekarska
(Csoport Elite)

Hsz.: 713
  Ország:
Lengyelország 
Teszt: 
Régi hozzászólás #957 Elküldve: 2022. január 13. 19:21:42 Idézet 
I'm looking for players for a chess prediction game based on the Tata Steel Chess 2022 tournament that runs beween 14-30 January 2022.

The first deadline is Saturday 14:00 CET.

/gb/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=30553#scroll
Steven Rose
(Csoport Pro - 21)

Hsz.: 313
  Ország:
Anglia 
Teszt: 
Régi hozzászólás #958 Elküldve: 2022. január 26. 22:34:24 (módosítva: 2022. január 26. 22:35:51 Steven Rose által) Idézet 
Ladies and Gentlemen SRS is back for season 47!

Follow all of the action in the below topics:

/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=30575
/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=30576

We are currently in the joining/confirmation phase but there are plenty of spots on the waiting list.
Ricardo Antunes
(Csoport Amateur - 28)

Ország:
Portugália 
Teszt: 
Régi hozzászólás #959 Elküldve: 2022. január 27. 12:36:01 Idézet 
We are approaching the start of the new F1FG season, and if you are new to the game, what better way to get started than with a tutorial?

You have less than 8 hours to join, and though you can join at any time, you risk losing the first races! We have unlimited spots as well so what are you waiting for?

/gb/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=30569#scroll
Ahmet Sonverdi
(Csoport Pro - 13)

Hsz.: 4807
  Ország:
Törökország 
Teszt: 
Tetszik (3)   Nem tetszik (0)
Régi hozzászólás #960 Elküldve: 2022. január 28. 17:17:18 (módosítva: 2022. január 28. 17:17:40 Ahmet Sonverdi által) Idézet 
Do you want to race 3 times a week but admins are ignoring you?? Check this silly game out;

Ultimate Race Manager S19 ---> /gb/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=30555&Page=1

Tomorrow is the first race of the season, you still have the time to look at things and submit a strategy to @Sebastian Jóźwiak (A15) . Its a mixed-rain race so there'll probably be carnage. All the fun waits for you :)

There is no DM, no randoms. Equal cars and drivers. All that matters is your strategy. Simple.

And I'm the last champion, how hard could it really be, right? ;)
Oldal « 1 2 3 ... 31 [3233 ... 38 39 40 » Ugrás erre az oldalra:
Grand Prix Racing Online Fórum > Forum games > A General Silly Games Thread A téma tiltólistára helyezése Téma hozzáadása a figyelőlistához

Válasz erre a témára