Xavier Porta
(Csoport Amateur - 73)

Hsz.: 359
  Ország:
Spanyolország 
Teszt: 
Tetszik (0)   Nem tetszik (0)
Régi hozzászólás #571 Elküldve: 2022. szeptember 6. 21:57:16 Idézet 
For me , Davi did a great job hosting the game, thank you very much !

Maybe the winner of every season could be the next host if he wants, similar like in F1FG.
Greg Starke
(Csoport Amateur - 63)

Hsz.: 129
  Ország:
Amerikai Egyesült Államok 
Teszt: 
Tetszik (1)   Nem tetszik (0)
Régi hozzászólás #572 Elküldve: 2022. szeptember 6. 22:00:16 Idézet 
I enjoyed the entire season to be honest..... didn't get the issues people were having.

I'm in for a round 2 with Levente as teammate - I like the teams aspect of it as well.

Only change I would ask for since we are at the end, is more images like the last 2 rounds.
Greg Starke
(Csoport Amateur - 63)

Hsz.: 129
  Ország:
Amerikai Egyesült Államok 
Teszt: 
Régi hozzászólás #573 Elküldve: 2022. szeptember 6. 22:01:12 Idézet 
Quote ( Davi Queiroz @ September 6th 2022,21:49:18 )

There is no tiebreak (I will adjust this later), but you had more correct guesses than him, so you tecnically were 3rd.

I was tempted to downvote this though......

LOL
Ania Piekarska
(Csoport Master - 1)

Hsz.: 713
  Ország:
Lengyelország 
Teszt: 
Régi hozzászólás #574 Elküldve: 2022. szeptember 6. 22:08:12 Idézet 
Congrats Josh and thanks Davi for hosting! You say you made mistakes, but you were in a very tough position and I think you made many good decisions.

Some feedback/ideas:
- I'm not a fan of the teammate aspect. I can't say for all teams but there was no strategy element in our picking who sends which location. But I generally find teams pointless in a lot other games too so I'm also biased here.
- If playing without teams then the current tiebreaker (lack of it) is fine I think. If we keep teams then indeed we need a better idea.
- If I understand the blur idea correctly (to make it unreadable for everyone equally), I think I like it. Did you do this for location 2 in this last round?
- Although to add to previous point - I don't think all text should be blurred, just the "making it too easy" ones.
- I'd like to see more locations that are kind of classic geoguessr. No idea how hard it is to make a feasible one like that though.
- A more complicated idea would be that we are provided multiple shots of the same location (either from one point or from e.g. 1 km apart) but there shots are harder.

The locations I liked the most were:
- R10 Kenya: figuring out the country was the most "classic geoguessr" of all locations (finding the exact spot required sweeping the whole shore but there were very few roads there so it didn't take long)
- R7 Turkey: nice progression
- R2 Greece: nice progression
- both R4 locations (Slovenia, Ecuador)
- R3 Tunisia
- R9 Romania
Guido Simonetta
(Csoport Pro - 22)

Hsz.: 935
  Ország:
Argentína 
Teszt: 
Tetszik (1)   Nem tetszik (0)
Régi hozzászólás #575 Elküldve: 2022. szeptember 6. 22:52:24 Idézet 
Great job Davi. I start late but enjoy it. I wait for S2
Kai Wen Chew
(Csoport Master - 3)

GPRO személyzet
Hsz.: 1870
  Ország:
Szingapúr 
Teszt: 
Régi hozzászólás #576 Elküldve: 2022. szeptember 6. 22:59:11 Idézet 
Knew it had to be Malaysia. Only 3-4 countries in the world has those black and white curbs. The problem is, Malaysia and Indonesia aren’t exactly countries which you want to be looking for a specific place :P
George Togas
(Csoport Master - 4)

Hsz.: 1634
  Ország:
Görögország 
Teszt: 
Régi hozzászólás #577 Elküldve: 2022. szeptember 6. 23:03:02 Idézet 
Great job Davi.
What I want to see next season is locations where lens won't work.
Josh Clark
(Csoport Master - 4)

Hsz.: 6667
  Ország:
Anglia 
Teszt: 
Régi hozzászólás #578 Elküldve: 2022. szeptember 6. 23:06:26 (módosítva: 2022. szeptember 6. 23:11:21 Josh Clark által) Idézet 
Thanks all and thanks for hosting Davi. Well played by everyone :)

Quote ( Ania Piekarska @ September 6th 2022,22:08:12 )

R10 Kenya: figuring out the country was the most "classic geoguessr" of all locations

Yeah this one was really fun. Got to use the follow car meta ;)

Quote ( Ania Piekarska @ September 6th 2022,22:08:12 )

If I understand the blur idea correctly (to make it unreadable for everyone equally), I think I like it. Did you do this for location 2 in this last round?

I noticed this too, a couple panels by certain buildings were blurred in a way that didn't seem like the typical street view blur. I think it's good if it hides certain things which would make the picture far easier with google lens.
Davi Queiroz
(Csoport Rookie - 110)

Téma moderátor
Hsz.: 236
  Ország:
Brazília 
Teszt: 
Régi hozzászólás #579 Elküldve: 2022. szeptember 7. 00:44:08 Idézet 
Yes, I blurred a few panels in L2 :)
Liviu Sandu
(Csoport Amateur - 9)

Hsz.: 406
  Ország:
Románia 
Teszt: 
Régi hozzászólás #580 Elküldve: 2022. szeptember 7. 06:23:42 Idézet 
Congratulations to the winner and the podium finishers.
Thanks Davi for hosting.
Thijs Rieken
(Csoport Pro - 10)

Hsz.: 1042
  Ország:
Hollandia 
Teszt: 
Régi hozzászólás #581 Elküldve: 2022. szeptember 7. 07:03:39 Idézet 
Quote ( Kai Wen Chew @ September 6th 2022,22:59:11 )

Knew it had to be Malaysia. Only 3-4 countries in the world has those black and white curbs. The problem is, Malaysia and Indonesia aren’t exactly countries which you want to be looking for a specific place :P

I'll be honest, I did have an extra trick up my sleeve to find this one!
The combination of stone pavement and a one way street really helped me to narrow this down using OpenStreetMap and overpass turbo.
That didn't work for Kenya though. Not enough clues that could be translated to road or map properties.
Levente Szücs
(Csoport Rookie - 80)

Hsz.: 18
  Ország:
Magyarország 
Teszt: 
Régi hozzászólás #582 Elküldve: 2022. szeptember 7. 19:30:16 (módosítva: 2022. szeptember 7. 19:31:29 Levente Szücs által) Idézet 
Thanks for everyone, I really enjoyed it :D As for me, I want to thank for Davi the whole idea and that I can be a part of this great community. Secondly I want to thank for Greg being the best teammate, and as he said, we would like to continue as a team :) Also cheers Greg for the guess, not to mention I told you it was in Perak ;)
Also congrats for the winners, next time we will be one round closer ;)
Bert Meeus
(Csoport Pro - 11)

Hsz.: 71
  Ország:
Belgium 
Teszt: 
Régi hozzászólás #583 Elküldve: 2022. szeptember 8. 10:43:08 Idézet 
Congratz @Josh Clark (M4) & thanks for hosting @Davi Queiroz (R110) !

I agree that the game needs some finetuning. I am happy that I learned about Google Lens through this game. I only used it in the 2 final rounds and it was very helpful for one of the 4 images. But it is too powerful, and I think it does not match with the spirit of this game. Personally I really liked the Canadian, South-African, Mexican and Slovenian images.
Jun Ho
(Csoport Pro - 14)

Hsz.: 8525
  Ország:
Hong Kong 
Teszt: 
Régi hozzászólás #584 Elküldve: 2022. szeptember 8. 10:59:31 Idézet 
I liked the Taiwanese round. That was great. :P
Matija Gjurčević
(Csoport Rookie - 119)

Hsz.: 398
  Ország:
Horvátország 
Teszt: 
Régi hozzászólás #585 Elküldve: 2022. szeptember 8. 19:18:39 Idézet 
Quote ( Jun Ho @ September 8th 2022,10:59:31 )

I liked the Taiwanese round. That was great. :P

Wonder why.
Xavier Porta
(Csoport Amateur - 73)

Ország:
Spanyolország 
Teszt: 
Régi hozzászólás #586 Elküldve: 2022. szeptember 19. 20:51:25 Idézet 
I've written to Davi to ask if he thinks it's okay to relaunch the game, with something new.
I'll write it in this thread, let's see what you think

Basically, the game would be the same, only changing the following:

- There are no teams, you play individually.
- Each round there are 2 images, each player can choose any of the two (the one they think can score better). You can also send the answer to the 2 images and you will get the sum of the points of each image divided by two. Strategy: it is the decision of each player to choose to send the solution to only 1 of the images or to 2
- 1 week to solve. Every 2 days a bar graph will be sent with the percentage of responses for each image, without revealing what percentage corresponds to each image.

This would be the idea for the new season, but it is open to suggestions.

And about the use of google lens and the like, the image will be examined so that, as far as possible, the answer is not obtained with the use of these means.

Davi Queiroz
(Csoport Rookie - 110)

Téma moderátor
Hsz.: 236
  Ország:
Brazília 
Teszt: 
Régi hozzászólás #587 Elküldve: 2022. szeptember 19. 21:01:05 Idézet 
As Xavier just said, I have given him the green light to host a new season, as I also want to play :P

Please, do say if you agree with scrapping the team aspect of the game altogether, and if this new format (in a way) works for you.

I'm not sure about the sum of both images divided by two, though. Because I could guess one right and get max points and completely miss the other, thus giving me less points overall than those who guess for just 1 image and get 3rd/4th place.
George Togas
(Csoport Master - 4)

Hsz.: 1634
  Ország:
Görögország 
Teszt: 
Régi hozzászólás #588 Elküldve: 2022. szeptember 19. 21:02:24 Idézet 
Quote ( Davi Queiroz @ September 19th 2022,21:01:05 )

I'm not sure about the sum of both images divided by two, though. Because I could guess one right and get max points and completely miss the other, thus giving me less points overall than those who guess for just 1 image and get 3rd/4th place.
If you get 1 right and you know that the 2nd one is just a guess, why would you risk to send both locations?
Ania Piekarska
(Csoport Master - 1)

Hsz.: 713
  Ország:
Lengyelország 
Teszt: 
Régi hozzászólás #589 Elküldve: 2022. szeptember 19. 21:12:51 Idézet 
I like the format
Bert Meeus
(Csoport Pro - 11)

Hsz.: 71
  Ország:
Belgium 
Teszt: 
Régi hozzászólás #590 Elküldve: 2022. szeptember 19. 21:14:56 Idézet 

Quote ( Ania Piekarska @ September 19th 2022,21:12:51 )

I like the format

Me too
Keith Partridge
(Csoport Amateur - 51)

Hsz.: 1045
  Ország:
Wales 
Teszt: 
Régi hozzászólás #591 Elküldve: 2022. szeptember 19. 21:24:10 Idézet 
Format sounds better.

As I sucked at the game last time I will pass but if Xavier wants I have a couple of locations he can use.......
Xavier Porta
(Csoport Amateur - 73)

Ország:
Spanyolország 
Teszt: 
Régi hozzászólás #592 Elküldve: 2022. szeptember 20. 01:05:21 Idézet 
Thank you all, I could start new thread this week asap.

Keith if you don't play , I'm glad to accept your help with the locations.. I study them ;P , and you have to keep the secret eh
Thijs Rieken
(Csoport Pro - 10)

Hsz.: 1042
  Ország:
Hollandia 
Teszt: 
Régi hozzászólás #593 Elküldve: 2022. szeptember 20. 08:45:29 (módosítva: 2022. szeptember 20. 08:46:06 Thijs Rieken által) Idézet 
I like it, BUT I think putting in the effort for 2 images warrants bonus points. Although I understand your thinking that taking a risk and spreading your chances is also a strategic element.

I remember that before, there used to be a points system with simply the amount of (kilo)meters off, and the one with the least points wins.

Quote ( George Togas @ September 19th 2022,21:02:24 )

If you get 1 right and you know that the 2nd one is just a guess, why would you risk to send both locations?
How about 1 bonus point for sending both? Like a point for fastest lap

EDIT: even half a point would be an incentive imo
Xavier Porta
(Csoport Amateur - 73)

Ország:
Spanyolország 
Teszt: 
Régi hozzászólás #594 Elküldve: 2022. szeptember 20. 09:00:33 (módosítva: 2022. szeptember 20. 09:16:43 Xavier Porta által) Idézet 
I.m going to create the new thread, there we continue with the comments.

New season: /gb/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=30910#scroll
Ricardo Antunes
(Csoport Pro - 2)

Hsz.: 2566
  Ország:
Portugália 
Teszt: 
Régi hozzászólás #595 Elküldve: 2022. szeptember 20. 09:54:03 Idézet 
Quote ( George Togas @ September 19th 2022,21:02:24 )

To flex
Alex Martez
(Csoport Amateur - 10)

Hsz.: 3
  Ország:
Hollandia 
Teszt: 
Régi hozzászólás #596 Elküldve: 2022. szeptember 20. 11:17:41 (módosítva: 2022. szeptember 20. 11:18:34 Alex Martez által) Idézet 
What about a standing that is done by distance only?

So no points as before, but simply add the distance of your guess to the correct location and add it to your total. And that every week...

What about 1 photo for points standings and 1 photo for distance standings?

I would be willing to assist with that, so i will not play myself but to find good photos for the distance format as maybe different type of photos / locations would make it more interesting for this format?

It is a very different way of scoring and playing, so for example someone who will win the points standings could end up being last place in the distance standings!

Let me know what you guys think and if i could assist with it.

Oldal « 1 2 3 ... 18 19 [20 Ugrás erre az oldalra:

Válasz erre a témára