Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Formula One forum > [F1] 2014 Formula 1 Japanese Grand Prix Aggiungi questa discussione alla tua lista da ignorare Aggiungi questa discussione alla tua lista da tenere d'occhio
Pagina « 1 2 3 ... 17 18 [19 Vai alla pagina:
Argomento del sondaggio nel forum
Who will win?
Entra per votare o vedere i risultati del sondaggio
Autore Topic: [F1] 2014 Formula 1 Japanese Grand Prix 558 risposte
Andrei Ciuchi
(Gruppo Master - 1)

GPRO Crew
N° post: 21510
  Nazione:
Romania 
Certificato: 
Post apprezzato (1)   Post sgradito (0)
Vecchio Post #540 Data 6 Ott 2014, 16:33:34 Quota 
Could've checked before I removed the link. :)
Mehdi El Fathy
(Gruppo Amateur - 66)

N° post: 5056
  Nazione:
Marocco 
Certificato: 
Post apprezzato (0)   Post sgradito (0)
Vecchio Post #541 Data 6 Ott 2014, 16:40:41 (Ultima modifica 6 Ott 2014, 16:41:12 da Mehdi El Fathy) Quota 
Aaaand the second video is deleted.
I wouldn't be surprised if the now viral video is getting saved and posted everywhere.
Tim-Oliver Wagner
(Gruppo Pro - 21)

N° post: 6250
  Nazione:
Germania 
Certificato: 
Vecchio Post #542 Data 6 Ott 2014, 16:41:23 Quota 
On a sidenote, how can the FIA/FOM claim copyright on amateur videos made from other people? Juristic stuff isn't my strong point, but I would say "My video = My own rights"?
Mehdi El Fathy
(Gruppo Amateur - 66)

N° post: 5056
  Nazione:
Marocco 
Certificato: 
Vecchio Post #543 Data 6 Ott 2014, 16:47:21 (Ultima modifica 6 Ott 2014, 16:51:25 da Mehdi El Fathy) Quota 
I'd say because the FIA/FOM own something that's in the footage. That's not allowed to show these when one didn't ask for any permissions.

As I said earlier, there are various videos on the Web, mainly on YouTube, Facebook, and as GIFs. For those who are curious, you can search them.
Finantio Freely
(Gruppo Amateur - 60)

N° post: 310
  Nazione:
Indonesia 
Certificato: 
Vecchio Post #544 Data 6 Ott 2014, 16:52:05 Quota 
Anyway, yesterday was the 2nd serious incident involved tractor/crane for last 2 years (Canada 2013 with marshal Mark Robinson; correct me if I wrong)... FIA should revised the "tractor" rules... F1 cars might have crash test but I think it will be worse if you hit the tractor/crane (with more than 3 tons of weight compare to the fence weight/F1 cars weight using nearly same components or heavier)

And... deepest condolences for Andrea de Cesaris, Italian former F1 driver with 200+ GP starts...
2014 Japanese GP, not a good weekend for F1... (mainly for Marrusia, 2nd incident with tractor/truck after de Vilota's accident)

#ForzaJules #KeepFightingMichael #RIPAndreadeCesaris :(
Jeroen De Leur
(Gruppo Amateur - 51)

N° post: 82
  Nazione:
Paesi Bassi 
Certificato: 
Vecchio Post #545 Data 6 Ott 2014, 18:57:54 Quota 
About Post 12 waving the green flag, is correct. Seeing images from another angle, you can clearly see the car of Sutil is before post 12.

A green flag means, that the track is clear when you are past the flag, not when you see the flag.
Sven Bojkowski
(Gruppo Rookie - 15)

N° post: 1207
  Nazione:
Svezia 
Certificato: 
Vecchio Post #546 Data 6 Ott 2014, 23:25:22 (Ultima modifica 6 Ott 2014, 23:54:02 da Sven Bojkowski) Quota 
Quote ( Jeroen De Leur @ October 6th 2014,18:57:54 )

About Post 12 waving the green flag, is correct. Seeing images from another angle, you can clearly see the car of Sutil is before post 12.

A green flag means, that the track is clear when you are past the flag, not when you see the flag.

Watching this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DS33TY50CU it appears that caution first waved beyond tower 12 once Sutil had crashed (0:06 of the video with notice saying "Yellow in track sector 8"), and that the caution beyond tower 12 was still in effect when Bianchi crashed. Yellow for track sector 7 waved shortly after sector 8 (at 0:23 of the video, about 17 seconds after sector 8). Does this not make it curious why the green flag would wave at all in tower 12 to signal green flag for sector 8, when the video clearly indicates Yellow for both sector 7 and 8, which are separated by tower 12?

It then indicates Double Yellow in sectors 7 and 8 at around 0:35-0:38 in the video, long before Bianchi reaches sector 7 with the man in tower 12 still waving the green flag.
Tim-Oliver Wagner
(Gruppo Pro - 21)

N° post: 6250
  Nazione:
Germania 
Certificato: 
Vecchio Post #547 Data 6 Ott 2014, 23:44:18 Quota 
Talking of possible consequences:

In Le Mans they used a "Yellow Flag zone" system. Inside the yellow flag, drivers had to press a button (or do it manually, not sure) to slow down to a certain speed. Once past the yellow flag, they can switch it off (or just accelerate) again and continue. This system can work if it's pre-determined what speed to use in sectors.

While it can be harsher as in some drivers might lose time by having to go through that zone more times than others, it's better than a safety car, which usually screws up respecitvely helps drivers.
Dean Francis
(Gruppo Amateur - 118)

N° post: 2810
  Nazione:
Australia 
Certificato: 
Vecchio Post #548 Data 6 Ott 2014, 23:55:31 (Ultima modifica 6 Ott 2014, 23:56:13 da Dean Francis) Quota 
Shocking video! I had to view it and the speed he left the track is incredible. This is bad and could have been so much worse with the marshalls in the area. :(

I wish Jules a speedy recovery
Alin Costrasuc
(Gruppo Pro - 15)

N° post: 10928
  Nazione:
Romania 
Certificato: 
Vecchio Post #549 Data 7 Ott 2014, 00:04:03 (Ultima modifica 7 Ott 2014, 00:04:18 da Alin Costrasuc) Quota 
The impact was so big the tractor actually dropped Sutil's car that was currently attached to it. Massive impact, I don't know how Bianchi wasn't decapitated if his car went totally beneath the tractor.
Krasen Belev
(Gruppo Amateur - 109)

N° post: 4125
  Nazione:
Bulgaria 
Certificato: 
Vecchio Post #550 Data 7 Ott 2014, 00:12:30 Quota 
After this video its need to be said, that the F1 cars are super secure indeed. Its a miracle that he is still alive having only (well, "only" is not the best word, as the injures are very bad) head injuries. In 99% of other racing sports, this accident would end worst. I really hope Bianchi will recover and back to normal life. Right now this is the most important!
Riku Jungell
(Gruppo Rookie - 78)

N° post: 205
  Nazione:
Finlandia 
Certificato: 
Vecchio Post #551 Data 7 Ott 2014, 00:58:09 Quota 
I'm sorry but I won't even bother to read what others have said. I'm just gutted.

This was so completely wrong and idioctic by the FIA I'm lost for words.

If we compare this to the time they spent an hour fixing a railing after Kimi's crash... It just seems so idiotic.

Now under wet conditions, where one driver had already become a passenger, you put a metal guillotine on the side of the track.... Hoping and wishing that nobody else does the same... It just seems so god damn stupid I'm simply unable to find the adjectives for it. And what was the plusside in this even if nothing happened? To please the TV audiences? Is that the limit where the FIA draws the value of life? I'm sorry if this seems, or is, emotional, but I think it should be. This is an accident that could so easily have been avoided. I love my motorsports, but not this much, this was just foolish.
Jeroen De Leur
(Gruppo Amateur - 51)

N° post: 82
  Nazione:
Paesi Bassi 
Certificato: 
Vecchio Post #552 Data 7 Ott 2014, 01:08:02 Quota 
Sven thx for the vid. Saw some stills directly from the oposit of post 12. You can clearly see the car of sutil is before post 12. Dont know why live timing isn't updated.
Sven Bojkowski
(Gruppo Rookie - 15)

N° post: 1207
  Nazione:
Svezia 
Certificato: 
Vecchio Post #553 Data 3 Dic 2014, 17:52:14 Quota 
Quote ( Jeroen De Leur @ October 7th 2014,01:08:02 )

Sven thx for the vid. Saw some stills directly from the oposit of post 12. You can clearly see the car of sutil is before post 12. Dont know why live timing isn't updated.

Official report now released: http://www.fia.com/news/accident-panel

2. Sutil’s car was in the process of being recovered by mobile crane when Bianchi approached Sectors 7 and 8, which include the part of T 7 where the recovery was taking place. Sectors 7 and 8 were subject to double yellow flags.

3. Bianchi did not slow sufficiently to avoid losing control at the same point on the track as Sutil.

The live timing video I provided was indeed correct. Double yellow was in effect for both sectors around the place of the accident.
Jon Day
(Gruppo Rookie - 219)

N° post: 10019
  Nazione:
Inghilterra 
Certificato: 
Vecchio Post #554 Data 3 Dic 2014, 19:34:41 Quota 
Quote ( Sven Bojkowski @ December 3rd 2014,17:52:14 )

The live timing video I provided was indeed correct. Double yellow was in effect for both sectors around the place of the accident.
So it seems it was Bianchis fault then? (cant open the link so unable to read the report)
Pedro Santos
(Gruppo Amateur - 52)

N° post: 4147
  Nazione:
Portogallo 
Certificato: 
Vecchio Post #555 Data 3 Dic 2014, 19:45:06 Quota 
Quote ( Jon Day @ December 3rd 2014,19:34:41 )

So it seems it was Bianchis fault then? (cant open the link so unable to read the report)

The report doesn't directly blame Bianchi for the incident, but it does say that he didn't slow down as much as Sutil and also that his car's brake-by-wire system conflicted with a standard safety system that all teams use that's supposed to stop you from braking and accelerating at the same time. Unfortunately their system overwrote that and so it became even more difficult for Bianchi to control the situation.

It was basically a huge amount of bad luck, but it was more or less Bianchi's fault for not slowing down enough and Marussia's for not building safe systems. There are other factors blamed there too though.
Jon Day
(Gruppo Rookie - 219)

N° post: 10019
  Nazione:
Inghilterra 
Certificato: 
Vecchio Post #556 Data 3 Dic 2014, 19:52:58 Quota 
Thanks For taking the time to write that Pedro. Youre a star. :)
Pedro Santos
(Gruppo Amateur - 52)

N° post: 4147
  Nazione:
Portogallo 
Certificato: 
Vecchio Post #557 Data 4 Dic 2014, 13:02:38 Quota 
Quote ( Jon Day @ December 3rd 2014,19:52:58 )

Thanks For taking the time to write that Pedro. Youre a star. :)

Hah, I hadn't read this yet. Is it getting hot in here...? :P no thanking needed. :)
Kshitij Sharma
(Gruppo Rookie - 381)

N° post: 2740
  Nazione:
India 
Certificato: 
Vecchio Post #558 Data 4 Dic 2014, 14:03:06 Quota 
Maybe his fault .But more of weather and marrusia safety .Pray for bianchi
Pagina « 1 2 3 ... 17 18 [19 Vai alla pagina:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Formula One forum > [F1] 2014 Formula 1 Japanese Grand Prix Aggiungi questa discussione alla tua lista da ignorare Aggiungi questa discussione alla tua lista da tenere d'occhio

Rispondi a questo topic