Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Suggestions forum > Penalty or Extra skoring Aggiungi questa discussione alla tua lista da ignorare Aggiungi questa discussione alla tua lista da tenere d'occhio
Pagina « 1 [2 Vai alla pagina:
Autore Topic: Penalty or Extra skoring 41 risposte
Peter Willmore
(Gruppo Amateur - 26)

N° post: 3616
  Nazione:
Inghilterra 
Certificato: 
Post apprezzato (0)   Post sgradito (1)
Vecchio Post #31 Data 20 Apr 2019, 11:54:19 Quota 
the 5 driver changes probably did not help, but hopefully with his teams help he can figure out a more coherent plan for next time he gets to ammy , also all the money he spent on compensating drivers prehaps would of been better spent on the car/training his driver
Emre Metin
(Gruppo Rookie - 43)

N° post: 5
  Nazione:
Turchia 
Certificato: 
Post apprezzato (0)   Post sgradito (0)
Vecchio Post #32 Data 20 Apr 2019, 12:40:15 (Ultima modifica 20 Apr 2019, 12:44:23 da Emre Metin) Quota 
Quote ( Yakup Paçacı @ April 19th 2019,21:32:57 )

it to race days, inactive

must penalty

i am so

scoring penalty

or

all race active extra scoring

the main message he wants to write ;

"There is a lot of person did not participate to races in my group.I participate all races of season but I relegated.
I think it is injustice situation."
MG van Rensburg
(Gruppo Amateur - 51)

N° post: 1718
  Nazione:
Sudafrica 
Certificato: 
Post apprezzato (4)   Post sgradito (0)
Vecchio Post #33 Data 20 Apr 2019, 13:34:38 (Ultima modifica 20 Apr 2019, 13:35:30 da MG van Rensburg) Quota 
So, the F1 driver who gets the fastest lap in first round of qualifying should not be allowed progress if they did it on their first try shouldnt be allowed to progress past the guy who is slower but who tried 10 times?

Thats the logic being argued here.

If you raced 17 times and couldnt beat a person who only raced 5 times, that isnt an example of the system failing, but that it is working. If you cannot finish with a better result after having more attemtps than somebody else, why should you remain and the other person not.

You realise the system for progression in olympics etc are the same. Best result wins, not the person who, apparently tried 'harder'.
Stuart Foster
(Gruppo Rookie - 156)

N° post: 12459
  Nazione:
Galles 
Certificato: 
Post apprezzato (1)   Post sgradito (0)
Vecchio Post #34 Data 20 Apr 2019, 13:46:46 (Ultima modifica 20 Apr 2019, 13:54:36 da Stuart Foster) Quota 
Quote ( MG van Rensburg @ April 20th 2019,13:34:38 )

You realise the system for progression in olympics etc are the same. Best result wins, not the person who, apparently tried 'harder'.

exactly this. Nicely put MG.

Quote ( Lyee Chong @ April 20th 2019,11:43:00 )

If participating in all races is not a rewardable achievement, we wont have the 5mil bonus thingy in place, right? :)

hmm...agree with the statement, but, a 5m reward is different to an effective position in the standings that determines a relegation.

To use an example with Yakup's group. If everyone who completed all races were given a point, positions 33,34 and 36 would be retained with their point, while 27th, 31st and 32nd relegated. 27th missed the one race and achieved a 9th place. So, when you say "who would moan", rather than suggest it being about the largest group of people that would not moan (those who made every race) imagine if you were the person with a 9th place but missed one race only. It would be unfair. If anything like that were in play, then it would really only be fair that rather than it be 17 completed races, a lower number instead. but then how many missed races exactly would be considered 'enough'.

I agree that 8 points places is a bit crappy, but it can't really be done any differently without having an effect on game records (and other game mechanisms) if the points for a win were increased. Only other thing maybe could work is something like :

1st - 10 pts
2nd - 8
3rd - 6
4th and 5th - 5
6th and 7th - 4
8th to 10th - 3
11th to 15th - 2
16th to 20th - 1

I mean, something like that would make the relegation scrap less about best position and more about who can get the most regular top 15/top 20 results. I think that however would then have a detrimental impact on tyre selections/legitimacy of OBP tyres. Yakup still relegates with that system, btw. He only does not relegate in a system where the game rewards full participation of races with points.

Trouble is, no matter what systems we think up or alternative ideas...I think it can't be regarded as being better than we have when it subsequently has a consequence on other game aspects. That's my main concern really.

Yakup Paçacı
(Gruppo Amateur - 25)

N° post: 841
  Nazione:
Turchia 
Certificato: 
Post apprezzato (1)   Post sgradito (1)
Vecchio Post #35 Data 20 Apr 2019, 14:27:19 Quota 
everyone looked at it as a reward.

but, no one looked at it in terms of punishment.

but, missed race only, give to penalty
Stuart Aspey
(Gruppo Amateur - 66)

N° post: 378
  Nazione:
Galles 
Certificato: 
Vecchio Post #36 Data 20 Apr 2019, 14:33:48 Quota 
It can be a difficult pill to swallow. Struggle to retain all season. Keep balance positive, but a driver scores retention with maybe 9th place finish, but misses many races. I understand. But go back to lower league. Spend more time and money. Build facilities, build finances and come stronger.

This is common route for all.
Stuart Foster
(Gruppo Rookie - 156)

N° post: 12459
  Nazione:
Galles 
Certificato: 
Vecchio Post #37 Data 20 Apr 2019, 14:37:58 (Ultima modifica 20 Apr 2019, 14:38:15 da Stuart Foster) Quota 
No offence Yakup but I believe that if penalties were applied above you in the standings for missed races, I believe the guy in 27th place would have a greater injustice for being force relegated with a 9th place and only ONE missed race than any injustice from you being relegated despite full participation. Its tough to take maybe, but you have to do your job and make the most of the extra races of opportunity you had to beat those other guys. Which, sadly, you did not manage to do.
David Andrewartha
(Gruppo Amateur - 6)

N° post: 1430
  Nazione:
Inghilterra 
Certificato: 
Vecchio Post #38 Data 20 Apr 2019, 14:42:06 (Ultima modifica 20 Apr 2019, 14:47:52 da David Andrewartha) Quota 
I think a fairer system would be that all managers regardless of group have to compete in at least 50% of the races in a season. I don't think that 9 races per season is too much to ask of anyone who is actively taking part in the game. This would go some way to solving the question of fair play that Yakup has raised, I've got to admit it bugs me too.

Edit: Obviously excluding Rookie for the pedants out there.
Mikko Heikkinen
(Gruppo Master - 3)

N° post: 12503
  Nazione:
Finlandia 
Certificato: 
Vecchio Post #39 Data 20 Apr 2019, 14:56:30 Quota 
Quote ( Yakup Paçacı @ April 20th 2019,14:27:19 )

everyone looked at it as a reward.

but, no one looked at it in terms of punishment.

but, missed race only, give to penalty

Because there already are penalties for missing races. Sure, they are mostly financial penalties, but they still are penalties.
Yakup Paçacı
(Gruppo Amateur - 25)

Nazione:
Turchia 
Certificato: 
Vecchio Post #40 Data 20 Apr 2019, 14:57:23 Quota 
Quote ( Stuart Foster @ April 20th 2019,14:37:58 )

No offence Yakup but I believe that if penalties were applied above you in the standings for missed races, I believe the guy in 27th place would have a greater injustice for being force relegated with a 9th place and only ONE missed race than any injustice from you being relegated despite full participation. Its tough to take maybe, but you have to do your job and make the most of the extra races of opportunity you had to beat those other guys. Which, sadly, you did not manage to do.

we didn't compete on equal terms.

Yakup Paçacı
(Gruppo Amateur - 25)

Nazione:
Turchia 
Certificato: 
Vecchio Post #41 Data 20 Apr 2019, 15:10:21 Quota 
Quote ( David Andrewartha @ April 20th 2019,14:42:06 )

I think a fairer system would be that all managers regardless of group have to compete in at least 50% of the races in a season. I don't think that 9 races per season is too much to ask of anyone who is actively taking part in the game. This would go some way to solving the question of fair play that Yakup has raised, I've got to admit it bugs me too.

I just wanted to say that...

but , should be 75%
Constantin Heller
(Gruppo Amateur - 25)

N° post: 2462
  Nazione:
Germania 
Certificato: 
Vecchio Post #42 Data 20 Apr 2019, 17:37:58 Quota 
Quote ( Yakup Paçacı @ April 20th 2019,14:57:23 )

we didn't compete on equal terms.

You're right. They had 6 races less to score more points than you. So if you're that much slower, you should probably relegate.
Pagina « 1 [2 Vai alla pagina:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Suggestions forum > Penalty or Extra skoring Aggiungi questa discussione alla tua lista da ignorare Aggiungi questa discussione alla tua lista da tenere d'occhio

Rispondi a questo topic