Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > General forum > Leaving GPro - My Reasons Aggiungi questa discussione alla tua lista da ignorare Aggiungi questa discussione alla tua lista da tenere d'occhio
Pagina « 1 2 3 ... 12 13 [14 Vai alla pagina:
Autore Topic: Leaving GPro - My Reasons 409 risposte
Michael Winkley
(Gruppo Amateur - 61)

N° post: 33335
  Nazione:
Galles 
Certificato: 
Post apprezzato (6)   Post sgradito (0)
Vecchio Post #391 Data 24 Giu 2015, 07:25:40 Quota 
I'm leaving because posting on the forums is now a crime.
Daniel Mason
(Gruppo Pro - 16)

N° post: 5215
  Nazione:
Stati Uniti 
Certificato: 
Post apprezzato (3)   Post sgradito (0)
Vecchio Post #392 Data 24 Giu 2015, 07:31:25 Quota 
Quote ( Michael Winkley @ June 24th 2015,07:25:40 )

I'm leaving because posting on the forums is now a crime.

Not to mention it's better to be a dumb arse than a smart arse. I guess we should let the sheeple have fun in their bliss.
Stuart Gibson
(Gruppo Pro - 16)

N° post: 2114
  Nazione:
Inghilterra 
Certificato: 
Post apprezzato (9)   Post sgradito (1)
Vecchio Post #393 Data 27 Set 2016, 21:00:02 (Ultima modifica 27 Set 2016, 21:00:33 da Stuart Gibson) Quota 
goodbye people, leaving because i dont enjoy the new gpro :)
a win in master was as far as i got, oh well, take care all and good luck :)
Daryl Gee
(Gruppo Amateur - 114)

N° post: 4864
  Nazione:
Sudafrica 
Certificato: 
Post apprezzato (1)   Post sgradito (0)
Vecchio Post #394 Data 27 Set 2016, 21:13:08 Quota 
Go well, Stuart.
Phil Maunder
(Gruppo Pro - 7)

N° post: 10003
  Nazione:
Inghilterra 
Certificato: 
Vecchio Post #395 Data 27 Set 2016, 21:13:42 Quota 
All the best mate! Now you've got more time to annoy Heather!
Mark Witney
(Gruppo Amateur - 21)

N° post: 1874
  Nazione:
Inghilterra 
Certificato: 
Post apprezzato (8)   Post sgradito (0)
Vecchio Post #396 Data 27 Set 2016, 21:21:53 Quota 
Good luck in the real world Stuart.

I'm not sure that the new GPRO is that bad though, they're trying to bring in new things to disrupt the tools most people have to try and even things out a bit, needs some work but IMO it's a step in the right direction.
Lawrence Littleton
(Gruppo Amateur - 58)

N° post: 7
  Nazione:
Stati Uniti 
Certificato: 
Post apprezzato (4)   Post sgradito (1)
Vecchio Post #397 Data 20 Giu 2019, 03:51:51 Quota 
My last race coming up. After nine seasons calling it quits. Unable to progress. Had thought I had some well timed upgrades and breakthroughs, then my car pits because the steering wheel came off (random?). Some forum posts helpful but most seem to adversarial to new members. Had fun, thanks! Good luck everyone.

Sam Norris
(Gruppo Pro - 19)

N° post: 354
  Nazione:
Inghilterra 
Certificato: 
Post apprezzato (5)   Post sgradito (9)
Vecchio Post #398 Data 20 Giu 2019, 18:41:52 Quota 

oh whats that? nobody cares? ok il reply then!

Quote ( Lawrence Littleton @ June 20th 2019,03:51:51 )

My last race coming up. After nine seasons calling it quits. Unable to progress. Had thought I had some well timed upgrades and breakthroughs, then my car pits because the steering wheel came off (random?). Some forum posts helpful but most seem to adversarial to new members. Had fun, thanks! Good luck everyone.

Decent of you to actually say why, most rookies and amas quit sooner and without stating their reasons.

Sorry Lawrence, I tried to point out it was unfair to have only 2 lower tiers and half a game for 6000+ managers and 3 higher tiers and full game for 1240 managers but was largely ignored. For whatever reason, many are rather unsympathetic to new players. Maybe the term Elitist Pr1cks has been used, never by me tho.

PS - LOL at you picking up a thumbs down, says it all.
PPS - Alternate ego of forum reg - reeeeeeee gtfo noob shud av dun more foby brahhhhh (you all know who this sounds exactly like).
Kirsty Ridley
(Gruppo Amateur - 36)

N° post: 7849
  Nazione:
Inghilterra 
Certificato: 
Post apprezzato (10)   Post sgradito (0)
Vecchio Post #399 Data 20 Giu 2019, 18:49:02 Quota 
Quote ( Sam Norris @ June 20th 2019,18:41:52 )

Sorry Lawrence, I tried to point out it was unfair to have only 2 lower tiers and half a game for 6000+ managers and 3 higher tiers and full game for 1240 managers but was largely ignored. For whatever reason, many are rather unsympathetic to new players. Maybe the term Elitist Pr1cks has been used, never by me tho.

BS Sam, do you read the newbie forum??

Ppl always help where they can, and suggest how they can get the answers they need if not. Nothing wrong with two lower tiers, two high tiers, and Pro in the middle! I consider Pro middle ground, I have never gotten past it, thats my fault, not the game set up. If so many others do it, no reason I can't, other than my own mistakes, and I learn from each one. Its not an instant gratification game and was never portrayed to be. It's a slow building management game, ppl leave because that does not suit them, no hard feelings.

Don't go making drama out of someones post, just because the game isn't easy enough for you.

Kirsty Ridley
(Gruppo Amateur - 36)

Nazione:
Inghilterra 
Certificato: 
Post apprezzato (7)   Post sgradito (1)
Vecchio Post #400 Data 20 Giu 2019, 18:54:19 Quota 
Lawrence, once you calmed down and got over the frustration (we have all been there), if you still want to play, give me a PM... I may not help you get to elite, but I can probably spot if its something obvious thats wrong. :)

There is a FOBY theme, its always been that way and to be honest, finding the answers yourself makes it a better achievement.

I think its hesitation to spoon feed answers, rather than not wanting new players.. ask the right questions, show you already tried to work it out, ppl will help.

Mike Baston
(Gruppo Master - 4)

N° post: 1905
  Nazione:
Inghilterra 
Certificato: 
Post apprezzato (8)   Post sgradito (0)
Vecchio Post #401 Data 20 Giu 2019, 19:05:34 Quota 
Quote ( Kirsty Ridley @ June 20th 2019,18:49:02 )

If so many others do it, no reason I can't, other than my own mistakes, and I learn from each one. Its not an instant gratification game and was never portrayed to be. It's a slow building management game, ppl leave because that does not suit them, no hard feelings.

I once accidentally signed a driver for £8.8m instead of £888k & now I'm going to Elite. Seriously, if an average Joe like me can do it anyone can. Unfortuately, as 62 seasons shows, for the average Joe's it needs serious patience.
Ken Neihart
(Gruppo Pro - 22)

N° post: 1633
  Nazione:
Stati Uniti 
Certificato: 
Vecchio Post #402 Data 20 Giu 2019, 19:08:35 Quota 
Spot on Kirsty.

Quote ( Sam Norris @ June 20th 2019,18:41:52 )

Maybe the term Elitist Pr1cks has been used, never by me tho.

Until now.
Sam Norris
(Gruppo Pro - 19)

Nazione:
Inghilterra 
Certificato: 
Post apprezzato (0)   Post sgradito (0)
Vecchio Post #403 Data 20 Giu 2019, 19:15:17 Quota 

Quote ( Kirsty Ridley @ June 20th 2019,18:49:02 )

Don't go making drama out of someones post, just because the game isn't easy enough for you.

SMFH

read my post again Kirsty

oh also

Quote ( Lawrence Littleton @ June 20th 2019,03:51:51 )

Some forum posts helpful but most seem to adversarial to new members

15 hours went by with no reply, I make that post and here YOU are calling ME a drama queen :D BWAHAHAHA
Sam Norris
(Gruppo Pro - 19)

Nazione:
Inghilterra 
Certificato: 
Vecchio Post #404 Data 20 Giu 2019, 19:15:58 Quota 

Quote ( Ken Neihart @ June 20th 2019,19:08:35 )

Until now.

Yes.. that's the joke...
Kirsty Ridley
(Gruppo Amateur - 36)

Nazione:
Inghilterra 
Certificato: 
Post apprezzato (7)   Post sgradito (0)
Vecchio Post #405 Data 20 Giu 2019, 19:19:33 Quota 
Quote ( Sam Norris @ June 20th 2019,19:15:17 )

read my post again Kirsty

It was a bit shit the first time, tbf, so I will pass, but thanks :)
Rocco Stallone
(Gruppo Rookie - 31)

N° post: 3130
  Nazione:
Stati Uniti 
Certificato: 
Vecchio Post #406 Data 20 Giu 2019, 23:02:44 (Ultima modifica 20 Giu 2019, 23:03:28 da Rocco Stallone) Quota 
Is FOBY brahhh even a thing anymore?

I feel we kinda evolved as a community past that..
Andrew Wilden
(Gruppo Pro - 2)

N° post: 1502
  Nazione:
Australia 
Certificato: 
Post apprezzato (4)   Post sgradito (1)
Vecchio Post #407 Data 20 Giu 2019, 23:24:29 Quota 
The next time Sam posts in this thread.
Can it please be, that he is leaving GPRO because he didn't get his own way, with his stupid idea of an extra tier 😆😆😆
Stuart Foster
(Gruppo Amateur - 86)

N° post: 12459
  Nazione:
Galles 
Certificato: 
Post apprezzato (4)   Post sgradito (0)
Vecchio Post #408 Data 20 Giu 2019, 23:24:32 (Ultima modifica 20 Giu 2019, 23:33:11 da Stuart Foster) Quota 
I checked that guys profile and he's only made two posts this year, so I don't see where he actually began asking for help and jumped straight to nobody helping most likely from having read old posts to forum searches he performed. Certainly not from ANY questions he posed for the community to respond and offer their advice. He'd have been better off engaging with people. I'm with Kirsty on this one. I can understand people find the game challenging, but if you find it especially so, its better to ask than give up in my opinion. Also, to not believe either the myths about people being uwilling to help either from word of mouth or having read very old posts where there was a foby culture (this is now many years past). Shame to lose a player tho, best of luck Lawrence.

Also, its best to largely ignore people who seem to over-dramatise these myths and force their (repeated) opinions and one sided arguments on people with shouty language. There's more than enough useless politicians doing that without it needing to spill over into a game forum ;)

Sam Norris
(Gruppo Pro - 19)

Nazione:
Inghilterra 
Certificato: 
Post apprezzato (1)   Post sgradito (4)
Vecchio Post #409 Data 21 Giu 2019, 00:53:33 Quota 
Quote ( Andrew Wilden @ June 20th 2019,23:24:29 )

his stupid idea of an extra tier

Twas stupid wasn't it, cos yaknow, well im sure you explained why... you think 6000 managers in 2 tiers is better than in 3 tiers, cos? reasons (probably to do with YOU being in Pro) .... ok great chat.

Just ignore the actual topic of conversation and context of why I brought it up Andrew. You are GREAT for the forums, il go now. Enjoy the echo chamber.
James Hitchen
(Gruppo Master - 4)

N° post: 592
  Nazione:
Inghilterra 
Certificato: 
Post apprezzato (4)   Post sgradito (0)
Vecchio Post #410 Data 21 Giu 2019, 01:00:28 Quota 
Quote ( Sam Norris @ June 21st 2019,00:53:33 )

you think 6000 managers in 2 tiers is better than in 3 tiers

There would be little to no benefit in doing this, people aren’t leaving the game because they finish 34th instead of 26th after already learning enough about the game tompromote., just a lot of work and problems in implementing an entire new tier one season. I think the reason you didn’t consider the work involved in implementing a pointless idea is... YOU... and the fact you wouldn’t be doing any of the work.
Quote ( Sam Norris @ June 21st 2019,00:53:33 )

Twas stupid wasn't it

yes it was, please don’t make a habit of it, we aren’t enjoying them.
Pagina « 1 2 3 ... 12 13 [14 Vai alla pagina:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > General forum > Leaving GPro - My Reasons Aggiungi questa discussione alla tua lista da ignorare Aggiungi questa discussione alla tua lista da tenere d'occhio

Rispondi a questo topic