Grand Prix Racing Online Forumas > Newbie forum > The way a tech problem is treated... Įtraukti temą tarp ignoruojamų Įtraukti temą į stebimų temų sąrašą
Puslapis [1
Autorius Tema: The way a tech problem is treated... 18 atsakymų
Flavio Xavier
(Grupė Amateur - 12)

Žinučių: 17
  Šalis:
Brazilija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #1 parašyta 2019-Lap-23, 15:00:57 Cituoti 
Consider the follow technical problemm:
Car smokes at lap 50 from a race of 65laps
The tech team and the pilot don’t think it can be solved and they keep running nobody cares.
Now at lap 63 we got a tech problem, witch is a break of the smoking part.
Follows: the team and pilot run into boxes because the problem NOW can be solved????
Am I missing something?

And my setups were 18 laps to fix a fixable problem.
I understand that a fixable problem includes random problems and tech problems.

So the setup isn't being considered, its being ignored completely.

And the case could be caused by a low skill from the team or pilot but it still doesn’t explain why my setup wasn’t respected.

And yes if it were I would rave a race quit, or a fix on the earlier laps of the smoking, in case my setup allowed it.
Jasper Coosemans1
(Grupė Elite)

Žinučių: 3021
  Šalis:
Belgija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Teigiamas įvertinimas (1)   Neigiamas įvertinimas (1)
Sena žinutė #2 parašyta 2019-Lap-23, 15:08:27 Cituoti 
I don't think I understand the question. You started smoking in lap 50 and you smoked until the end of the race. You had a problem that could not be solved.
Michael Jones
(Grupė Pro - 25)

Žinučių: 1386
  Šalis:
Anglija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Teigiamas įvertinimas (0)   Neigiamas įvertinimas (0)
Sena žinutė #3 parašyta 2019-Lap-23, 15:58:45 Cituoti 
Jasper ..At first read of this I presumed he started smoking at lap 50 and then at lap 63 he pitted to have it fixed even though he had strategy set to not pit if 18 laps were left to race.

But having just watched the race he only did his normal 1 pit stop.

So I dont understand either.
Robin Goodey
(Grupė Master - 2)

Žinučių: 2096
  Šalis:
Anglija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Teigiamas įvertinimas (1)   Neigiamas įvertinimas (4)
Sena žinutė #4 parašyta 2019-Lap-23, 16:16:59 Cituoti 
So when was this supposed 65 lap race? Cos none of the races this season (since fixable randoms were introduced) have had 65 laps........

So I'll call BS on this......
Florencia Caro
(Grupė Master - 4)

GPRO Komanda
Žinučių: 17138
  Šalis:
Argentina 
Sertifikuotas: 
Teigiamas įvertinimas (1)   Neigiamas įvertinimas (0)
Sena žinutė #5 parašyta 2019-Lap-23, 17:10:32 Cituoti 
Flavio, what's your setting for "If a problem occurs, should the driver pit if the problem can be solved?"
Flavio Xavier
(Grupė Amateur - 12)

Šalis:
Brazilija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Teigiamas įvertinimas (1)   Neigiamas įvertinimas (2)
Sena žinutė #6 parašyta 2019-Lap-23, 18:35:36 (paskutinis taisymas 2019-Lap-23, 18:47:52, taisė Flavio Xavier) Cituoti 
U can call bs anything u want dude, but it doesn’t make u smarter, since u didn’t get it, and also didn’t read it properly, maybe a better use of ur time would’ve help u on this one.
Quote ( Robin Goodey @ November 23rd 2019,16:16:59 )

So when was this supposed 65 lap race? Cos none of the races this season (since fixable randoms were introduced) have had 65 laps........

So I'll call BS on this......

Flavio Xavier
(Grupė Amateur - 12)

Šalis:
Brazilija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #7 parašyta 2019-Lap-23, 18:39:58 (paskutinis taisymas 2019-Lap-23, 18:45:16, taisė Flavio Xavier) Cituoti 
Quote ( Jasper Coosemans @ November 23rd 2019,15:08:27 )

I don't think I understand the question. You started smoking in lap 50 and you smoked until the end of the race. You had a problem that could not be solved.
Quote ( Michael Jones @ November 23rd 2019,15:58:45 )

Jasper ..At first read of this I presumed he started smoking at lap 50 and then at lap 63 he pitted to have it fixed even though he had strategy set to not pit if 18 laps were left to race.

But having just watched the race he only did his normal 1 pit stop.

So I dont understand either.

On the ex: on lap 50 it smokes, on lap 63 it break and we have a pit stop so they fix it even tho my settings say no. But it is not what makes me mad, but the fact they can fix a broken part but can’t fix a smoking part lol
Quote ( Florencia Caro @ November 23rd 2019,17:10:32 )

Flavio, what's your setting for "If a problem occurs, should the driver pit if the problem can be solved?"
yes, but it is part of the option If "Yes" then enter pits only if more than xx laps are remaining” right?
Jasper Coosemans1
(Grupė Elite)

Šalis:
Belgija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Teigiamas įvertinimas (4)   Neigiamas įvertinimas (1)
Sena žinutė #8 parašyta 2019-Lap-23, 19:00:28 Cituoti 
You didn't pit in lap 63 last race.

If you are talking about an earlier race or a different account, you should be clear about that. Saying others don't read properly because you are either hallucinating or not communicating clearly, is not really making you look intelligent.
Florencia Caro
(Grupė Master - 4)

GPRO Komanda
  Šalis:
Argentina 
Sertifikuotas: 
Teigiamas įvertinimas (4)   Neigiamas įvertinimas (0)
Sena žinutė #9 parašyta 2019-Lap-23, 19:11:09 (paskutinis taisymas 2019-Lap-23, 19:14:01, taisė Florencia Caro) Cituoti 
Quote ( Flavio Xavier @ November 23rd 2019,18:39:58 )

yes, but it is part of the option If "Yes" then enter pits only if more than xx laps are remaining” right?

I see.

Either you had set yes or no, what came to my mind was the possibility that you actually had a regular pit (fuel/tyres) and the tech was solved during it. What are the comments on the race analysis, under "pitstop reason"?

We frequently see such comments, and most of the cases it's just an interpretation problem. Hard to help with interpretation of the race analysis while one can't see it, really. Also, there are settings that do no appear in it ("wait to pit if rains starts", for example), and that a manager could have changed from race to race.

Edit: I now moved the topic to Newbie Forum. Those with no patience for newbies or that can't watch their manners, stay away :)
Flavio Xavier
(Grupė Amateur - 12)

Šalis:
Brazilija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Teigiamas įvertinimas (2)   Neigiamas įvertinimas (1)
Sena žinutė #10 parašyta 2019-Lap-23, 19:18:19 Cituoti 
Quote ( Jasper Coosemans @ November 23rd 2019,19:00:28 )

You didn't pit in lap 63 last race.

If you are talking about an earlier race or a different account, you should be clear about that. Saying others don't read properly because you are either hallucinating or not communicating clearly, is not really making you look intelligent.

I didn’t said it was an real case and thought it was clearly an fabricated ex based on an early experience,
I didn't assumed the possibility of u guys going after the case as being the last race and stuff. Noted

And didn’t knew the first assumption for something we didn’t understood at a glance was “he may be hallucinating” tho.
very funny knowing.
Flavio Xavier
(Grupė Amateur - 12)

Šalis:
Brazilija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Teigiamas įvertinimas (0)   Neigiamas įvertinimas (1)
Sena žinutė #11 parašyta 2019-Lap-23, 19:39:50 Cituoti 
Quote ( Flavio Xavier @ November 23rd 2019,19:18:19 )

I now moved you to punish
thats power, and somehow cute.
Talk abt having a hammer 😂😂
Jasper Coosemans1
(Grupė Elite)

Šalis:
Belgija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Teigiamas įvertinimas (4)   Neigiamas įvertinimas (1)
Sena žinutė #12 parašyta 2019-Lap-23, 20:15:42 Cituoti 

I didn’t said it was an real case and thought it was clearly an fabricated ex based on an early experience,

So just to be clear, the point of your topic is to report a bug that only exists in your mind?
Flavio Xavier
(Grupė Amateur - 12)

Šalis:
Brazilija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #13 parašyta 2019-Lap-23, 20:18:24 (paskutinis taisymas 2019-Lap-23, 20:29:55, taisė Flavio Xavier) Cituoti 

ex based on an early experience,

Where “ex” stands for “example”.
It happened on Interlagos race and it wasn’t a normal pit, it wasn’t lack of fuel, it wasn’t worn tyres, it wasn’t my imagination cause I’m noob and disrespectful, and It wasn't my plan making Flor so mad that she made this cute thing.
Now everybody’s mad lol. And don’t talk to me with that harsh voice (in ur head I can hear) I didn’t ask to be underastimated for free, just remember that ur on the newbies topics.
Florencia Caro
(Grupė Master - 4)

GPRO Komanda
  Šalis:
Argentina 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #14 parašyta 2019-Lap-23, 20:22:54 Cituoti 
It'll be really hard to help you without the race analysis from the referred race, Flavio. Do you have it saved?
Roland Postle10
(Grupė Elite)

Žinučių: 1855
  Šalis:
Anglija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Teigiamas įvertinimas (3)   Neigiamas įvertinimas (0)
Sena žinutė #15 parašyta 2019-Lap-23, 20:28:10 Cituoti 
A part that's already smoking won't have a second break in my experience, fixable or not (although noting none of us has more than 7 races experience under the game mechanic).

There's a few possibilities:
- Part smokes and can be fixed immediately and you set options to pit -> you'll pit and it'll be fixed
- Part smokes and can be fixed immediately but you DIDN'T set options to pit -> if you subsequently pit for another reason it'll be fixed (new this season)
- Part smokes and CAN'T be fixed immediately -> it might randomly fix itself (new this season), otherwise you'll smoke until the end of the race or drop-out, regardless of any pits

What might be possible is you get a smoke on a part, then also get something unrelated like a puncture which might be wrongly described in the commentary(*) as related to the part, and that causes a pit. But I'd be surprised if that fixed the part smoke also - if so it might be a bug?

(*) Description of tech problems/pit reasons in the race analysis is canon, not the commentary.
Flavio Xavier
(Grupė Amateur - 12)

Šalis:
Brazilija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #16 parašyta 2019-Lap-23, 20:45:25 (paskutinis taisymas 2019-Lap-23, 21:08:37, taisė Flavio Xavier) Cituoti 
Quote ( Roland Postle @ November 23rd 2019,20:28:10 )

A part that's already smoking won't have a second break in my experience, fixable or not (although noting none of us has more than 7 races experience under the game mechanic).

There's a few possibilities:
- Part smokes and can be fixed immediately and you set options to pit -> you'll pit and it'll be fixed
- Part smokes and can be fixed immediately but you DIDN'T set options to pit -> if you subsequently pit for another reason it'll be fixed (new this season)
- Part smokes and CAN'T be fixed immediately -> it might randomly fix itself (new this season), otherwise you'll smoke until the end of the race or drop-out, regardless of any pits

What might be possible is you get a smoke on a part, then also get something unrelated like a puncture which might be wrongly described in the commentary(*) as related to the part, and that causes a pit. But I'd be surprised if that fixed the part smoke also - if so it might be a bug?

(*) Description of tech problems/pit reasons in the race analysis is canon, not the commentary.
woa u know things, it happened accordingly to the log on the beginning of the season, it started smoking ( the chassi part) and later for ONE LAP it fixed itself (and I called it mad max with my friends) so it resumed smoking until it breaks (got the message *ur classy got a internal damage etc...”) then my car went to pit and leave with no problems at all for the last 2 laps it had.
Less the part I mentioned b4, that wasn’t inside the settings scope.
My friend also had a much stranger situation then mine, it was a total nonsense, but I’ll not report it for him.
Roland Postle10
(Grupė Elite)

Žinučių: 1855
  Šalis:
Anglija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Teigiamas įvertinimas (3)   Neigiamas įvertinimas (0)
Sena žinutė #17 parašyta 2019-Lap-23, 21:32:23 (paskutinis taisymas 2019-Lap-23, 21:34:10, taisė Roland Postle) Cituoti 
It's possible you pitted for fuel or tyres, but also experienced a technical problem on the same lap, and that caused the 'pit reason' to say 'The car had a technical problem' (was that actually the case?). Sometimes the pit logic does get confused when several events happen on the same lap. And *then* the smoke happened to fix itself within 1 lap again, giving the impression it was the pit which fixed it when it wasn't. So it'd be essentially a display bug rather than your setting being ignored.

It sounds like you don't have the race analysis saved any more which unfortunately leaves the possibility that you're mis-remembering, that's why some people are a bit sceptical.
Roy Mitchell
(Grupė Amateur - 88)

Žinučių: 5905
  Šalis:
Kanada 
Sertifikuotas: 
Teigiamas įvertinimas (2)   Neigiamas įvertinimas (1)
Sena žinutė #18 parašyta 2019-Lap-24, 05:38:20 Cituoti 
Hang in there, Flavio. The crowd are a bit 'cynical' at times. Your situation is clearer now and... you have Roland to get you sorted out. A 7 time Gpro Champ has a bit of knowledge to offer.

Well done, Roland, like a true Champion. thank you. :)
Patrick Paarhuis
(Grupė Amateur - 33)

Žinučių: 250
  Šalis:
Nyderlandai 
Sertifikuotas: 
Teigiamas įvertinimas (2)   Neigiamas įvertinimas (4)
Sena žinutė #19 parašyta 2019-Lap-24, 11:26:12 (paskutinis taisymas 2019-Lap-24, 11:35:32, taisė Patrick Paarhuis) Cituoti 
Quote ( Roy Mitchell @ November 24th 2019,05:38:20 )

Hang in there, Flavio. The crowd are a bit 'cynical' at times. Your situation is clearer now and... you have Roland to get you sorted out. A 7 time Gpro Champ has a bit of knowledge to offer.

Well done, Roland, like a true Champion. thank you. :)

i have to concur with this, the way Jasper answers is below normallity, but that is his way probably.....
instead of trying to help, he denounces those and start calling things which isn't helping anybody who hasn't his knowledge apparently, instead he should take a example to roland how things are handled.

even if it would be imaginary, ppl could explain the person the mechanisme of the game (like Roland did) without a detailed info, i understand to solve the real problem you need real data but reacting like that.... not so good tbh
Puslapis [1
Grand Prix Racing Online Forumas > Newbie forum > The way a tech problem is treated... Įtraukti temą tarp ignoruojamų Įtraukti temą į stebimų temų sąrašą

Parašyti žinutę šioje temoje