Страница « 1 2 [34 » Брзо одете на страница:
Автор Тема: Where will Hamilton go??? 111 одговори
Kevin Lam
(Група Rookie - 217)

Мислења: 290
  Држава:
Австралија 
Сертификат: 
Ми се допаѓа ова мислење (2)   Не ми се допаѓа ова мислење (1)
Старо мислење #61 Испратено Окт 24 2011, 22:36:19 Цитирај 
Michael schumacher during his prime time in F1 drove as aggressive or even more aggressive than Hamilton and that has got him 7 world titles. And even when he came back from retirement he is still driving with aggression which is what you need in the sport to succeed I assume. Aryton Senna and all the greats drove just as mad.
Sagar Subhedar
(Група Pro - 16)

Мислења: 3393
  Држава:
Индија 
Сертификат: 
Ми се допаѓа ова мислење (0)   Не ми се допаѓа ова мислење (0)
Старо мислење #62 Испратено Окт 24 2011, 22:40:50 Цитирај 
I don't think, he will suit Ferrari..! If given a choice, i would like to see Kubica (if he hasn't lost like Massa has [kinda]), in Ferrari than Hamilton..!

So, i still think, his career is secure with McLaren..! Coz, "maybe" in 2-3 yrs time, Button will step down, and thus Hamilton could be their numero uno driver (though he still is)
Merse Kovácsházi
(Група Amateur - 8)

Мислења: 784
  Држава:
Унгарија 
Сертификат: 
Старо мислење #63 Испратено Окт 24 2011, 23:37:57 Цитирај 
I don't think that anyone would dare to put ALonso and Hamilton into the same team again :) If Ferrari would do so, they would make Alonso a No. 1. driver, and I'm sure that Hamilton wouldn't accept it. If he leaves McLaren (which is really an option now), I think he would go to Mercedes to replace Schumacher who would retire, or maybe to Renault to make a hell of a team with Kubica (I hope so...).
Roni Moura
(Група Amateur - 52)

Мислења: 2791
  Држава:
Бразил 
Сертификат: 
Старо мислење #64 Испратено Окт 24 2011, 23:55:27 Цитирај 
The problem is not where he's going but what he's doing... He needs more focus and better attitude, that way he'll do good in any team, otherwise he'll do bad in any team too.
Tom Bending
(Група Pro - 11)

Мислења: 331
  Држава:
Англија 
Сертификат: 
Старо мислење #65 Испратено Окт 25 2011, 00:22:57 Цитирај 
Quote ( Merse Kovácsházi @ October 24th 2011,23:37:57 )

or maybe to Renault to make a hell of a team with Kubica (I hope so...).

I like the sound of that also. Have you based this idea on any fact?
Matthew Brinson
(Група Amateur - 24)

Мислења: 349
  Држава:
САД 
Сертификат: 
Ми се допаѓа ова мислење (2)   Не ми се допаѓа ова мислење (0)
Старо мислење #66 Испратено Окт 25 2011, 15:31:13 (последно изменето Окт 25 2011, 15:39:35 од Matthew Brinson) Цитирај 
Quote ( Tom Bending @ October 25th 2011,00:22:57 )

or maybe to Renault to make a hell of a team with Kubica (I hope so...).

Not happening. Renault is already having a crisis to who will pilot the second car with Kubica and besides, that would be a significant downgrade from Mclaren. They looked pretty decent at the beginning of the season but they scored a big fat F for developing the chassis. They really got railroaded as the other teams began to make adjustments and gain speed. That's telling me that they need a lot of work in the R&D department and that's not necessarily a good thing either. If I were them, I would keep Bruno because quite frankly he has done an admirable job for the team and has kept pace with Petrov for the most part. He can actually keep the car on the track unlike Trololololol. If you ask me, there is no question he should be in the second car for next year alongside Kubica. Passing him up would be one of the biggest mistakes Eric Boullier could ever make; he is a bright talent who needs the time and support to become a great driver. And if I'm not mistaken, didn't a certain person named Aryton Senna once say "If you think I'm fast, why do't you see my nephew Bruno"? That was the guy who first made it big in a car that resembles the very one that Bruno is driving now and we all know what he went on and did. ;)

Back on topic, Lewis is going to stay at Mclaren and trust me, they will do whatever it takes to keep him. They are his poster child at the moment.
Janne Väänänen
(Група Pro - 16)

Мислења: 4888
  Држава:
Финска 
Сертификат: 
Старо мислење #67 Испратено Окт 25 2011, 15:52:16 Цитирај 
ukm, why would he want to leave? McLaren pretty much works around him, Button would be far more probable to switch teams... but I don't see that happening either.
Dario De Palma
(Група Rookie - 73)

Мислења: 2752
  Држава:
Италија 
Сертификат: 
Ми се допаѓа ова мислење (1)   Не ми се допаѓа ова мислење (0)
Старо мислење #68 Испратено Окт 25 2011, 15:53:49 Цитирај 
Quote ( Janarthanan Siva Kumar @ October 19th 2011,17:47:38 )

About Schumacher I want him to race till winning one more race.

You will never see such a thing again
Matthew Brinson
(Група Amateur - 24)

Мислења: 349
  Држава:
САД 
Сертификат: 
Старо мислење #69 Испратено Окт 25 2011, 15:57:46 Цитирај 
Quote ( Dario De Palma @ October 25th 2011,15:53:49 )

You will never see such a thing again

Absolutely correct. As much as I'd like to see Schuey atop the podium again, I hate to admit but it he is simply past his prime and does not have the car to do so either. His days of dominance are over; the field is much more competitive and age does not help either.
Jose Ortega
(Група Rookie - 218)

Мислења: 1
  Држава:
Шпанија 
Сертификат: 
Старо мислење #70 Испратено Окт 25 2011, 15:59:16 Цитирај 
Lewis drive like crazy? Maybe you would like to watch a F1 without brave racers, and full of no-risk drivers, everyone at his own pace and pushing the overtake-button or waiting th pit-stops to gain a position.

OK, he did some mistakes, but racers like him make people watch F1, despite some bad decisions sometimes
Janne Väänänen
(Група Pro - 16)

Мислења: 4888
  Држава:
Финска 
Сертификат: 
Старо мислење #71 Испратено Окт 25 2011, 16:03:57 Цитирај 
Quote ( Jose Ortega @ October 25th 2011,15:59:16 )

Maybe you would like to watch a F1 without brave racers, and full of no-risk drivers, everyone at his own pace and pushing the overtake-button or waiting th pit-stops to gain a position.

nope, I prefer watching races with drivers who can overtake without causing a crash in 50% of his ''brave'' overtakes. See Button, Kobayashi etc.
Phang Siong Hang
(Група Amateur - 61)

Мислења: 169
  Држава:
Сингапур 
Сертификат: 
Старо мислење #72 Испратено Окт 25 2011, 16:17:03 Цитирај 
Quote ( Janne Väänänen @ October 25th 2011,16:03:57 )

Quote ( Jose Ortega @ October 25th 2011,15:59:16 )

Maybe you would like to watch a F1 without brave racers, and full of no-risk drivers, everyone at his own pace and pushing the overtake-button or waiting th pit-stops to gain a position.

nope, I prefer watching races with drivers who can overtake without causing a crash in 50% of his ''brave'' overtakes. See Button, Kobayashi etc.

Whatever it is, Lewis Hamilton still keeps F1 watchers entertained. It's his colorful personality mixed with others that make the F1 world more "fun". Different drivers make up for a very nice race. For example, Button is a calm driver, while Hammy is aggressive. It's what makes F1. Even the crashes.

But hell yeah, I still have to agree that Hamilton is not concentrating. This season is his toughest, even more than 2009. He's physically there, but mentally, he's not in the right frame of mind. He needs to get back on track. At Korea, he seemed to have been a lil' faster.
Jed Lilly
(Група Amateur - 42)

Мислења: 21446
  Држава:
Англија 
Сертификат: 
Старо мислење #73 Испратено Окт 25 2011, 16:19:40 Цитирај 
Quote ( Phang Siong Hang @ October 25th 2011,16:17:03 )

Button is a calm driver, while Hammy is aggressive. It's what makes F1. Even the crashes.

Yet Button has been more entertaining and has done more overtaking than anybody this season.
Roni Moura
(Група Amateur - 52)

Мислења: 2791
  Држава:
Бразил 
Сертификат: 
Старо мислење #74 Испратено Окт 25 2011, 22:16:59 Цитирај 
Quote ( Jed Lilly @ October 25th 2011,16:19:40 )

Yet Button has been more entertaining and has done more overtaking than anybody this season.

That's the reason why Button is my favorite driver, he will try to overtake at the same rate of Hamilton but he won't touch anyone or make mistakes (mistakes meaning "forcing beyond limits"). I admire Hamilton and think he's a fair player but this season his aggressive maneuvers simply did not worked out and hopefully he'll realize his mistakes this season and come back next season with a more balanced style.
Now, back to the subject, i think Hamilton has no reason to leave his team... he developed a great relationship with Button and knows Ron Dennis is the nicest manager of all (despite a recent growing pressure from R. Dennis), so leaving the team gives him little hopes to have the same atmosphere elsewhere.
Nigel Hawken
(Група Rookie - 248)

Мислења: 2071
  Држава:
Англија 
Сертификат: 
Старо мислење #75 Испратено Окт 25 2011, 22:33:08 Цитирај 
Quote ( Janne Väänänen @ October 25th 2011,15:52:16 )

Button would be far more probable to switch teams

Button has signed a 10-year deal to stay. Driving and then moving to the managing team / coaching afterwards.
Jon Sanders
(Група Amateur - 46)

Мислења: 769
  Држава:
Англија 
Сертификат: 
Старо мислење #76 Испратено Окт 25 2011, 22:35:28 (последно изменето Окт 25 2011, 22:36:13 од Jon Sanders) Цитирај 
Quote ( Roni Moura @ October 25th 2011,22:16:59 )

Ron Dennis is the nicest manager of all

Only he hasn't been the boss in what? 3 years

And I don't think he could have ever been described as nice, well not nicest anyway
Ivan Muza
(Група Rookie - 26)

Мислења: 130
  Држава:
Хрватска 
Сертификат: 
Старо мислење #77 Испратено Окт 25 2011, 22:35:36 Цитирај 
i am not big fan of him, but i dont think he will leave.
Erik Harken
(Група Pro - 13)

Мислења: 442
  Држава:
САД 
Сертификат: 
Старо мислење #78 Испратено Дек 19 2020, 06:03:04 Цитирај 
Quote ( Tony Powell @ October 19th 2011,15:00:04 )

Well who thinks hamilton will leave mclaren in 2013? i do and i think he will go mercedes. whats your opinions

Hindsight is a beautiful thing
Luke Frost
(Група Amateur - 88)

Мислења: 11111
  Држава:
Австралија 
Сертификат: 
Старо мислење #79 Испратено Дек 19 2020, 06:16:13 Цитирај 
Tony Powell, fortune teller. Tell me, will Ricciardo win a championship?
Ankit Jakhar
(Група Amateur - 74)

Мислења: 157
  Држава:
Индија 
Сертификат: 
Старо мислење #80 Испратено Дек 19 2020, 06:20:34 Цитирај 
disappointed - i thought Bradley started this topic .
Quote ( Luke Frost @ December 19th 2020,06:16:13 )

Tony Powell, fortune teller. Tell me, will Ricciardo win a championship?

Maclaren is investing big in the factory side and if they keep progressing like this there might be a chance. although 2022 aero rules might be the game changer.
Luke Frost
(Група Amateur - 88)

Мислења: 11111
  Држава:
Австралија 
Сертификат: 
Старо мислење #81 Испратено Дек 19 2020, 06:58:36 Цитирај 
I saw 2011 comments like Red Bull wont get feet big enough to fill shoes, and will look outside their programme, obviously this Hamilton to Mercedes thing 2yra before it happened. 2020 is 2012.
Mark Philips
(Група Master - 2)

Мислења: 913
  Држава:
Германија 
Сертификат: 
Старо мислење #82 Испратено Дек 19 2020, 08:28:03 Цитирај 
Now Wolff has agreed to stay with Mercedes it's just a matter of time before Hamilton signes on the dotted line. I can't see another team offering a better chance of taking the checkered flag, plus the bromance is just that strong.
MG van Rensburg
(Група Pro - 2)

Мислења: 1718
  Држава:
Јужна Африка 
Сертификат: 
Старо мислење #83 Испратено Дек 19 2020, 09:01:41 Цитирај 
Hamilton is probably at that stage of 'Wolff' or retirement. His primary contract interests are personal freedom and support from team regarding his life goals rather than any salary disputes. Dont see any other team principal nor team giving him remotely what he asks for in that regard.
Guy Lecky-Thompson
(Група Rookie - 39)

Мислења: 4
  Држава:
Белгија 
Сертификат: 
Старо мислење #84 Испратено Дек 19 2020, 09:10:13 Цитирај 
Quote ( MG van Rensburg @ December 19th 2020,09:01:41 )

His primary contract interests are personal freedom and support from team regarding his life goals rather than any salary disputes.

While I don't disagree, there is a part of me that thinks that if anything rankles it must be the criticism that it's "all about the car". I mean, look what Russell managed in that true Silver Mercedes; he's no slouch but I think that the car flattered him.

So, to dispel these (possibly unfair, what do I know?) mutterings, Hamilton may just be thinking about proving that it's as much about the driver as the car and getting a seat with one of the mid-fielders or even back-markers.

After seeing what Russell did in the Merc, I'd be interested to see Hamilton in the Racing Point! Okay, there are no seats there, but you see what I mean?

Besides, Hamilton has been quoted as saying that he doesn't think about achievements in terms of numbers - fastest this, most that, etc. - and bringing an also-ran to mid-field, or a mid-field car up to the podium would be something that a driver of his stature might just relish.

('Course it could all go wrong; when drivers come out of retirement into lower echelon cars it doesn't always go their way...)
Sudeep Pednekar
(Група Rookie - 163)

Мислења: 698
  Држава:
Индија 
Сертификат: 
Ми се допаѓа ова мислење (0)   Не ми се допаѓа ова мислење (1)
Старо мислење #85 Испратено Дек 19 2020, 09:14:11 Цитирај 
Yeah, sure, Hamilton will try to go to a midfield team because some idiots on the the internet think it's all the car and he would want to prove them wrong.
Nobody can win the championship in a midfield car. It's the most stupid argument ever.
Guy Lecky-Thompson
(Група Rookie - 39)

Држава:
Белгија 
Сертификат: 
Старо мислење #86 Испратено Дек 19 2020, 09:29:20 Цитирај 
Quote ( Sudeep Pednekar @ December 19th 2020,09:14:11 )

Nobody can win the championship in a midfield car. It's the most stupid argument ever.

Now, I was very careful not to say "win" and to point out that Hamilton has been quoted as saying he doesn't care about "numbers".

What I said was elevate a back-marker to the mid-field or mid-field to the podium. This has been shown to be possible in the past, just not consistently.

Winning the championship is another thing entirely...

(By the way, it's not just "internet idiots" (your words, not mine) who think that the car flattered Russell and that it is just a winning car rather than a winning combination.)

As for the argument being stupid: perhaps, but I would wager I'm not the only one who would find more value in their F1 TV subscription next year with him in a lower-ranked car than we did in the past few years of utter Hamilton-Mercedes domination!
Sudeep Pednekar
(Група Rookie - 163)

Мислења: 698
  Држава:
Индија 
Сертификат: 
Ми се допаѓа ова мислење (1)   Не ми се допаѓа ова мислење (2)
Старо мислење #87 Испратено Дек 19 2020, 09:46:40 Цитирај 

Quote ( Guy Lecky-Thompson @ December 19th 2020,09:29:20 )

What I said was elevate a back-marker to the mid-field or mid-field to the podium. This has been shown to be possible in the past, just not consistently.

This happens mostly due to luck. Gasly doesn't win if Hamilton doesn't get a penalty, etc.

(By the way, it's not just "internet idiots" (your words, not mine) who think that the car flattered Russell and that it is just a winning car rather than a winning combination.)

Mercedes don't win the championship in 17 & 18 without Hamilton in the car. He was winning races Mercedes had no business winning. There's nothing to prove. People just like to ignore all these things to make this argument of it's just the car. Why haven't Mercedes just straight up replaced him then? If the other drivers are so much better?

As for the argument being stupid: perhaps, but I would wager I'm not the only one who would find more value in their F1 TV subscription next year with him in a lower-ranked car than we did in the past few years of utter Hamilton-Mercedes domination!

Aww, it's his fault that the other teams are f**** shite and can't produce good enough cars to challenge Mercedes.
While we're at it let's ask Bayern to sell all their good players and play with their U23s so that the Bundes liga is more fun to watch.
It's a sport FIRST! Entertainment second.
MG van Rensburg
(Група Pro - 2)

Мислења: 1718
  Држава:
Јужна Африка 
Сертификат: 
Старо мислење #88 Испратено Дек 19 2020, 10:05:45 (последно изменето Дек 19 2020, 10:17:48 од MG van Rensburg) Цитирај 
Quote ( Guy Lecky-Thompson @ December 19th 2020,09:10:13 )

Quote ( MG van Rensburg @ December 19th 2020,09:01:41 )

His primary contract interests are personal freedom and support from team regarding his life goals rather than any salary disputes.

While I don't disagree, there is a part of me that thinks that if anything rankles it must be the criticism that it's "all about the car". I mean, look what Russell managed in that true Silver Mercedes; he's no slouch but I think that the car flattered him.

So, to dispel these (possibly unfair, what do I know?) mutterings, Hamilton may just be thinking about proving that it's as much about the driver as the car and getting a seat with one of the mid-fielders or even back-markers.

After seeing what Russell did in the Merc, I'd be interested to see Hamilton in the Racing Point! Okay, there are no seats there, but you see what I mean?

Besides, Hamilton has been quoted as saying that he doesn't think about achievements in terms of numbers - fastest this, most that, etc. - and bringing an also-ran to mid-field, or a mid-field car up to the podium would be something that a driver of his stature might just relish.

('Course it could all go wrong; when drivers come out of retirement into lower echelon cars it doesn't always go their way...)

Your wanting to see what Hamilton would do in a Racing Point shows ignorance of Hamiltons and Mercs history.

By lifting Mercedes to what they are, from what they were, his 'stupid' move from Mclaren to Mercedes all those years ago, he's quite literally already done precisely this and proven his ability to lift a team around him if anybody cared about actual history books instead of their feelings/opinions.

As much as I dont like Hamilton myself, to say he hasnt proven himself is just ridiculous bias from not liking his character or whatnot and letting it cloud one's ability to make a fair assessment of the individuals talent. Subjective vs objective perceptions.

Quite amazing how blurry history becomes for so many 'fans', sport and all sorts of other aspects of life. We have actual history books to go back on for so much, to look at, why do ppl keep simply choose to act like it doesnt exist?

Whether we like the history or not doesnt change it.
Guy Lecky-Thompson
(Група Rookie - 39)

Држава:
Белгија 
Сертификат: 
Старо мислење #89 Испратено Дек 19 2020, 13:21:03 Цитирај 
Quote ( Sudeep Pednekar @ December 19th 2020,09:46:40 )

It's a sport FIRST! Entertainment second.

Hmm. Nope. Sorry, if it stops being entertaining it will disappear. Just my opinion. At the moment it's on enough of a knife-edge: cost, environmental damage, including travelling around hulking about all that equipment, for some (not myself) too "safe", not enough drama (recent races notwithstanding, of course!) etc. etc.

F1 may be a sport, but it's also entertainment. Which is why things like reverse grids, and driver-swapping, not to mention homogenised cars, fuels, tyres etc. all pop up from time to time (maybe every F1 management meeting for all I know).

I caught a few Formula E repeats, plus looked at other motorsports like Indycar, and have to say that, if you turn the volume off, they're more entertaining as races than your average F1 race. It's a bit like cricket - I'm starting to tune in for the commentary, speculation, and listening to the race banter rather than strictly watching the action on the track.

So, I think the entertainment side has to be pumped up a bit (that's a personal opinion, by the way) if only to stop the dominance of one team over time. I doubt anyone here agrees with that point of view, but I'd like to see things like reverse grid order or car swapping tried to see if it adds to the entertainment whilst keeping it a legitimate sport.

Guy Lecky-Thompson
(Група Rookie - 39)

Држава:
Белгија 
Сертификат: 
Старо мислење #90 Испратено Дек 19 2020, 13:29:16 Цитирај 
Quote ( MG van Rensburg @ December 19th 2020,10:05:45 )

By lifting Mercedes to what they are, from what they were, his 'stupid' move from Mclaren to Mercedes all those years ago, he's quite literally already done precisely this and proven his ability to lift a team around him if anybody cared about actual history books instead of their feelings/opinions.

Care to share a reference? I'll admit you hit a nerve as I had thought myself reasonably well-informed, and, on top of it, I'm also Hamilton fan(boy). There. I said it.

In all seriousness, I'd like to learn a bit more as it's clear that I'm letting my current view of the team's apparent capabilities (drivers included) get in the way my ability to conduct any serious debate on the topic.

What I'd thought was going to be a bit of pub banter has actually got me thinking (eek) and if anyone has some decent (recent) F1 history books with proper research behind them (i.e. comparative and not just 'team' books) then I'd happily take 'em on recommendation.

Страница « 1 2 [34 » Брзо одете на страница:

Одговори на оваа тема