Grand Prix Racing Online Форум > Suggestions forum > Double Points For Final Race in GPRO Додади ја оваа тема на листата на игнорирани теми Додади ја оваа тема, на списокот на теми
Страница [12 3 » Брзо одете на страница:
Автор Тема: Double Points For Final Race in GPRO 84 одговори
Luke Helson
(Група Rookie - 244)

Мислења: 10
  Држава:
Австралија 
Сертификат: 
Ми се допаѓа ова мислење (3)   Не ми се допаѓа ова мислење (17)
Старо мислење #1 Испратено Дек 10 2013, 06:18:43 (последно изменето Дек 10 2013, 20:04:31 од Kevin Parkinson) Цитирај 
As Formula 1 has just announced new rules for the next season and beyond GPRO should include the new rule relating to the double (X2) points for the final race. If the game is trying to follow F1 it should follow some or all of the new rule changes.
This rule about the points would create more interest going into the last race and also it would reduce the dominance of one manager wining a season by allowing the other managers the opportunity to get closer to them at the end of the season.

Have your say about this idea

MOD EDIT - Topic renamed to be clear about the subject and thread moved to Suggestion forum
Sujay Warrier
(Група Amateur - 27)

Мислења: 955
  Држава:
Индија 
Сертификат: 
Ми се допаѓа ова мислење (5)   Не ми се допаѓа ова мислење (5)
Старо мислење #2 Испратено Дек 10 2013, 06:19:42 Цитирај 
Quote ( Luke Helson @ December 10th 2013,06:18:43 )

If the game is trying to follow F1

GPRO is not F1 ;)
Luke Helson
(Група Rookie - 244)

Држава:
Австралија 
Сертификат: 
Ми се допаѓа ова мислење (0)   Не ми се допаѓа ова мислење (3)
Старо мислење #3 Испратено Дек 10 2013, 06:23:04 Цитирај 
Many of the rules that the game includes closely relate to F1.
These include:
the tracks
being in a team
and many others
Stuart Gibson
(Група Amateur - 49)

Мислења: 2114
  Држава:
Англија 
Сертификат: 
Ми се допаѓа ова мислење (1)   Не ми се допаѓа ова мислење (0)
Старо мислење #4 Испратено Дек 10 2013, 06:23:17 (последно изменето Дек 10 2013, 06:25:32 од Stuart Gibson) Цитирај 

This rule about the points would create more interest going into the last race and also it would reduce the dominance of one manager wining a season by allowing the other managers the opportunity to get closer to them at the end of the season.

1 thing you need to understand is that GPRO is not as random as F1. If a manager is faster then he will usually win the majority of races and the group/title regardless unless he has bad luck with randoms, and the x2 will just make him win it by more.

Also gpro does not follow F1 rules, thats stated in an faq or something which im sure a mod with more time than me will paste to you soon ;)
Ivelin Dobrev
(Група Amateur - 82)

Мислења: 2455
  Држава:
Канада 
Сертификат: 
Ми се допаѓа ова мислење (0)   Не ми се допаѓа ова мислење (1)
Старо мислење #5 Испратено Дек 10 2013, 06:23:51 Цитирај 
I just don't like the idea. I have no arguments. :)
Sagar Subhedar
(Група Pro - 3)

Мислења: 3393
  Држава:
Индија 
Сертификат: 
Ми се допаѓа ова мислење (0)   Не ми се допаѓа ова мислење (0)
Старо мислење #6 Испратено Дек 10 2013, 06:23:54 Цитирај 
Firstly if we are following F1 rules then we should change point scoring from 10-8-6-5-4-3-2-1 to 25-18-15-12-10-8-6-4-2-1 and then we can think of making last race double points.

P.S :- Don't ask to change the point scoring system.. It has already being raised and scraped.
Vishnu Mohan
(Група Rookie - 343)

Мислења: 136
  Држава:
Индија 
Сертификат: 
Ми се допаѓа ова мислење (4)   Не ми се допаѓа ова мислење (0)
Старо мислење #7 Испратено Дек 10 2013, 06:25:22 Цитирај 
Just because F1 does something silly, Gpro doesn't have to follow it ;)
Luke Helson
(Група Rookie - 244)

Држава:
Австралија 
Сертификат: 
Старо мислење #8 Испратено Дек 10 2013, 06:26:43 Цитирај 
Was this idea raised after F1 raised it?

If not well this is much more relaetable
Luke Helson
(Група Rookie - 244)

Држава:
Австралија 
Сертификат: 
Старо мислење #9 Испратено Дек 10 2013, 06:28:10 Цитирај 
Quote ( Sagar Subhedar @ December 10th 2013,06:23:54 )

P.S :- Don't ask to change the point scoring system.. It has already being raised and scraped.
Quote ( Sagar Subhedar @ December 10th 2013,06:23:54 )

Eric Rohli
(Група Amateur - 82)

Мислења: 1931
  Држава:
САД 
Сертификат: 
Старо мислење #10 Испратено Дек 10 2013, 06:28:14 (последно изменето Дек 10 2013, 06:28:45 од Eric Rohli) Цитирај 
As Sujay said, GPRO is not F1. When F1 changed its point system a few years ago, the same discussion was had within the community (and, as you can tell, things didn't change). The structure of the game now is near ideal (until the admins screw it up again add new features), and there's no need to bring it upon the admins to (basically) recreate the game to retain the current balance.

Tbh, the new rule is kind of a crappy rule anyway.
Goncalo Cassiano
(Група Amateur - 94)

Мислења: 22
  Држава:
Португалија 
Сертификат: 
Старо мислење #11 Испратено Дек 10 2013, 06:29:11 Цитирај 
I honestly don't like the idea,
fist of all, and the most experienced guys will tell you later on,
that THIS IS NOT F1.
Second, it gives more randomness to the winner.
Imagine that you don't get promoted because you suffered a random on the last race. It can still happen. but most likely only the players to win and relegate are in real need of those extra points and doubling that more surprises will happen
I think the competition here is balanced enough, not like F1, so this rule doesn't apply very well.
Andrei Ciuchi
(Група Pro - 6)

ГПРО Персонал
Мислења: 21510
  Држава:
Романија 
Сертификат: 
Старо мислење #12 Испратено Дек 10 2013, 06:32:26 Цитирај 
If you will keep on following the F1 rule changes, this could get chaotic around here. Not to mention it would be extra work for the admins.

So let's not do that.
Aniruddh Bhadra
(Група Amateur - 23)

Мислења: 186
  Држава:
Индија 
Сертификат: 
Старо мислење #13 Испратено Дек 10 2013, 06:33:39 Цитирај 

double (X2) points for the final race.

I personally feel, that is a very unnecessary thing to do. I really hope the FIA review it again before the season starts. 1 race should not so drastically change the outcome of the season. It's a gimmick to take it to the very last race apparently, but as a fan I watch it anyway. It's not just 1st place that matters..I wanna know who stands where all the way to Marussia.
Besides if you see the last 10 seasons, I doubt the out comes would be different, sparring 2012. It's ridiculous and pointless.

game is trying to follow F1

Is it? I think the majority think otherwise.
Caio Rebouças
(Група Amateur - 93)

Мислења: 108
  Држава:
Бразил 
Сертификат: 
Ми се допаѓа ова мислење (1)   Не ми се допаѓа ова мислење (1)
Старо мислење #14 Испратено Дек 10 2013, 06:35:26 Цитирај 
I would argue that GPRO should go vanilla on F1 and make the points system go 10-6-4-3-2-1 just like it used to be.
Andrei Ciuchi
(Група Pro - 6)

ГПРО Персонал
Мислења: 21510
  Држава:
Романија 
Сертификат: 
Старо мислење #15 Испратено Дек 10 2013, 06:40:07 Цитирај 
Quote ( Caio Rebouças @ December 10th 2013,06:35:26 )

I would argue that GPRO should go vanilla on F1 and make the points system go 10-6-4-3-2-1 just like it used to be.

People want more points positions and you want less?

Funny that. :)
Sion Francis
(Група Elite)

Мислења: 6613
  Држава:
Велс 
Сертификат: 
Ми се допаѓа ова мислење (3)   Не ми се допаѓа ова мислење (2)
Старо мислење #16 Испратено Дек 10 2013, 06:51:51 (последно изменето Дек 10 2013, 06:53:24 од Sion Francis) Цитирај 
I was going to start this exact thread... ;-)

------------------

Actually it may not be a terrible idea, although I'm not sure if it would encourage better play (fewer players smoking out the last race(s)) or much worse play (everyone buying brand new cars for the last race)...as such I'd be fairly indifferent and that leads to my being in favour of maintaining the status quo as a default.
Gaurav Singh
(Група Amateur - 114)

Мислења: 697
  Држава:
Индија 
Сертификат: 
Старо мислење #17 Испратено Дек 10 2013, 06:57:23 Цитирај 
When i gave this idea u said its not necessary and now u want to change.....lol
Eric Rohli
(Група Amateur - 82)

Мислења: 1931
  Држава:
САД 
Сертификат: 
Старо мислење #18 Испратено Дек 10 2013, 07:18:31 Цитирај 
Quote ( Sion Francis @ December 10th 2013,06:51:51 )

Actually it may not be a terrible idea

I hope you're joking when you say this...

I'd say it's a pretty terrible idea. By doubling points in the last race, you're effectively saying that a single 7th place finish at one race (2x2 = 4 points) is better than a 6th place finish in 16/17 races (3 points). To be honest, I'd be pretty pissed off if I got relegated with a 6th place when a last-race OBP gets 7th. I mean, I even got the better finishing position (that just wasn't as well timed).

The irony of this whole statement is that, if I recall, you were a staunch supporter of the "1 8th + 16 40ths is better than 17 9ths" ideology. Funny how that argument can come into play here (and pretty much directly opposes this change).
Martin Freeth
(Група Pro - 8)

Мислења: 965
  Држава:
Англија 
Сертификат: 
Старо мислење #19 Испратено Дек 10 2013, 07:37:53 Цитирај 
Totally agree Eric , for people fighting to survive their group , this would be a terrible idea , and I think its just as bad an idea for F1, its just another 25 points for vettel .

I love F1 and they should be trying to make it more exciting to watch , instead of watching ....... vettel win .....vettel win...........vettel win............YAWN.......... BORING !!!! Never thought I'd say F1 was boring
Sion Francis
(Група Elite)

Држава:
Велс 
Сертификат: 
Старо мислење #20 Испратено Дек 10 2013, 07:38:59 (последно изменето Дек 10 2013, 07:46:24 од Sion Francis) Цитирај 
Quote ( Eric Rohli @ December 10th 2013,07:18:31 )

"1 8th + 16 40ths is better than 17 9ths" ideology

I was and am a supporter of "1 8th is better than 17 9ths when everyone knows 8th is worth a point" ideology.

The point being that any vaguely reasonable point system works as long as everyone understands, or should understand the system...it leads onto the point that there's really very little difference between any point system and that therefore maintaining the status quo is going to be the best choice in most points discussions....I therefore do not see the contradiciton.

It also follows that if we changed the system to this, good players would adapt accordingly, whatever that means....the question I was pondering is whether it would make the game harder for less experienced managers to play well. I'm not sure.
Sion Francis
(Група Elite)

Држава:
Велс 
Сертификат: 
Старо мислење #21 Испратено Дек 10 2013, 08:14:31 Цитирај 
OTOH, this probably wouldn't work because of FT's :)
Jensen Owens
(Група Rookie - 372)

Мислења: 6400
  Држава:
Велс 
Сертификат: 
Старо мислење #22 Испратено Дек 10 2013, 08:27:54 Цитирај 
More points More Moneys :-)

Mg Rensburg
(Група Amateur - 73)

Мислења: 1718
  Држава:
Јужна Африка 
Сертификат: 
Старо мислење #23 Испратено Дек 10 2013, 08:36:01 Цитирај 
Quote ( Martin Freeth @ December 10th 2013,07:37:53 )

Totally agree Eric , for people fighting to survive their group , this would be a terrible idea , and I think its just as bad an idea for F1, its just another 25 points for vettel .

I love F1 and they should be trying to make it more exciting to watch , instead of watching ....... vettel win .....vettel win...........vettel win............YAWN.......... BORING !!!! Never thought I'd say F1 was boring

But its been boring for two decades now. F1 is just a glorified competiotion between Newey and Brawn where everyone else just there to make up the numbers.
Kevin Parkinson
(Група Amateur - 72)

ГПРО Персонал
Мислења: 14356
  Држава:
Шкотска 
Сертификат: 
Старо мислење #24 Испратено Дек 10 2013, 10:19:57 Цитирај 

If the game is trying to follow F1...

/gb/forum/Search.asp?slInForum=&txtAuthor=&txtIDM=&a...

:)

---

I, personally, don't feel the need for the change. Yes, it would give added excitement in the last race with more people capable of improving their final standing position by a bigger margin due to the extra points available, and this, in turn, may lead to more people competing in the final race, and avoiding smoking out towards the end of the season quite so much. You can certainly debate if that is a good thing or is against the management and planning aspect of the game.

However, favourite tracks would make this addition unworkable, IMO. Can you imagine if a title rival happened to have a driver favourite track for the last race? That's a stupidly massive advantage if they are scoring double points for it.
Cale Murray
(Група Pro - 8)

Мислења: 4072
  Држава:
Австралија 
Сертификат: 
Старо мислење #25 Испратено Дек 10 2013, 10:29:06 Цитирај 
Maybe make the last race 400km would make it exciting if you had it at a longer track like spa it wouldn't be that long in time either :)
Mairo Toom
(Група Amateur - 27)

Мислења: 12780
  Држава:
Естонија 
Сертификат: 
Ми се допаѓа ова мислење (2)   Не ми се допаѓа ова мислење (0)
Старо мислење #26 Испратено Дек 10 2013, 10:32:16 Цитирај 
I can see some sense of this idea in F1, but in GPRO it's a NO from me.

Why ?

Because of relegating and promoting.
This would make retaining even harder (it is hard in some groups if you haven't planned enough).
And this could make ONLY Elite title fight more interesting, but in other groups it would bring a lot of headache.
Danny Bayliss
(Група Pro - 12)

Мислења: 508
  Држава:
Англија 
Сертификат: 
Старо мислење #27 Испратено Дек 10 2013, 10:43:05 Цитирај 
IMO its a terrible idea in F1, every race should give equal rewards, please don't bring it in to GPRO.
Mg Rensburg
(Група Amateur - 73)

Мислења: 1718
  Држава:
Јужна Африка 
Сертификат: 
Ми се допаѓа ова мислење (3)   Не ми се допаѓа ова мислење (0)
Старо мислење #28 Испратено Дек 10 2013, 10:55:30 Цитирај 
As to the idea of change. It's a ridiculous idea that I feel is just going to hurt F1. Just cause the FIA are stupid and love messing up F1 doesnt mean we need to do same thing here.
Michal Szopinski
(Група Master - 1)

Мислења: 906
  Држава:
Австралија 
Сертификат: 
Ми се допаѓа ова мислење (2)   Не ми се допаѓа ова мислење (0)
Старо мислење #29 Испратено Дек 10 2013, 11:01:34 Цитирај 
Not a good idea, sorry. As Sion said, a lot of people would try to do a silly thing and wait for the last race to replace all their parts spending lots of cash just for 1 race. They'd try to snatch group retention from someone who was doing better earlier in the season.

You'd also create a possibility where someone on 0 points after 16 rounds could score a top 10 bonus with just the 1 win in the last race; I think that would be very unjust to the person who'd be there on the back of some strong play throughout the season.

On top of it, there are times when we have to do poorly in the last race to drop the driver's OA towards the end of the season. Why should we be penalized for that?

Quote ( Kevin Parkinson @ December 10th 2013,10:19:57 )

However, favourite tracks would make this addition unworkable, IMO. Can you imagine if a title rival happened to have a driver favourite track for the last race? That's a stupidly massive advantage if they are scoring double points for it.

And that's a very good point, I totally agree with it. That would be another element of random luck which could decide the outcome of the whole season.
Nikolay Ivanov
(Група Master - 4)

Мислења: 798
  Држава:
Бугарија 
Сертификат: 
Старо мислење #30 Испратено Дек 10 2013, 11:24:27 Цитирај 
I don't like it - it would give an unfair advantage to anyone with a FT in the last race.

If the idea is to discourage people from backing off at the end of the season, then that not really the best option :)
Страница [12 3 » Брзо одете на страница:
Grand Prix Racing Online Форум > Suggestions forum > Double Points For Final Race in GPRO Додади ја оваа тема на листата на игнорирани теми Додади ја оваа тема, на списокот на теми

Одговори на оваа тема