Страница [12 » Брзо одете на страница:
Автор Тема: Max Driver Salary 57 одговори
Robin Goodey
(Група Elite)

Мислења: 2096
  Држава:
Англија 
Сертификат: 
Ми се допаѓа ова мислење (21)   Не ми се допаѓа ова мислење (3)
Старо мислење #1 Испратено Мар 21 2017, 18:49:10 (последно изменето Мар 21 2017, 18:50:20 од Robin Goodey) Цитирај 
Following the (quite frankly) ridiculous salary now being paid by one manager in Master, I took a look at: /gb/Stats.asp?type=payeddrivers#scroll

and see that his driver is actually NOT the highest paid driver in the game.

On that page, most of the highest salary drivers are in rookie - which (to me) means there are two types of people at the top of that list:

1) People trying (for whatever stupid reason) to have the highest salary driver in the game

or

2) Rookies not knowing what a 'sensible' salary is - which will then bankrupt them really quickly - and probably lead to them leaving the game.

So my suggestion, to combat both points, is to have a maximum salary that can be offered.

I'd suggest maybe 4m per race is probably about right (as I don't think I've seen any / many drivers paid over that by 'serious' managers)
While this is a high salary, at least someone paying that is unlikely to stop that driver ever getting employed again (which has just happened with a good driver for no sensible reason)

I'd also suggest, mostly to combat point 2 above, that if a manager offers over, say, 2m per race to a driver, a pop up appears to inform them that the salary offered is very high and do they really want to offer that amount?

What do people think?
Niels Wolters
(Група Master - 5)

Мислења: 1830
  Држава:
Холандија 
Сертификат: 
Ми се допаѓа ова мислење (3)   Не ми се допаѓа ова мислење (0)
Старо мислење #2 Испратено Мар 21 2017, 18:51:07 Цитирај 
Quote ( Robin Goodey @ March 21st 2017,18:49:10 )

What do people think?

Why? If Patrick Balogh want's to offer 15m$ a race let him :P
Andrew Watson
(Група Amateur - 25)

Мислења: 2946
  Држава:
Англија 
Сертификат: 
Ми се допаѓа ова мислење (2)   Не ми се допаѓа ова мислење (0)
Старо мислење #3 Испратено Мар 21 2017, 18:52:52 Цитирај 
I think the problem is limited to so few managers as to be pointless fixing.
Robin Goodey
(Група Elite)

Држава:
Англија 
Сертификат: 
Ми се допаѓа ова мислење (1)   Не ми се допаѓа ова мислење (0)
Старо мислење #4 Испратено Мар 21 2017, 18:53:11 Цитирај 
To stop good drivers getting wasted and made unemployable.

Plus the reasons above to stop rookie errors
Ivan Silva
(Група Amateur - 91)

Мислења: 5068
  Држава:
Португалија 
Сертификат: 
Старо мислење #5 Испратено Мар 21 2017, 18:54:08 Цитирај 
I want a gpro driver licence. Half the stats i've already trained.
Niels Wolters
(Група Master - 5)

Мислења: 1830
  Држава:
Холандија 
Сертификат: 
Ми се допаѓа ова мислење (0)   Не ми се допаѓа ова мислење (0)
Старо мислење #6 Испратено Мар 21 2017, 18:55:11 Цитирај 
Quote ( Ivan Silva @ March 21st 2017,18:54:08 )

I want a gpro driver licence. Half the stats i've already trained.

Yes but like all women you have problems parking the car :P
Stuart Foster
(Група Rookie - 1)

Мислења: 12459
  Држава:
Англија 
Сертификат: 
Ми се допаѓа ова мислење (1)   Не ми се допаѓа ова мислење (1)
Старо мислење #7 Испратено Мар 21 2017, 18:57:40 Цитирај 
I think it's a good idea Robin.
Mikko Suhonen
(Група Amateur - 122)

Мислења: 3404
  Држава:
Финска 
Сертификат: 
Старо мислење #8 Испратено Мар 21 2017, 18:59:18 Цитирај 

What do people think?

Can't remember ever seeing any salary above 25 mills, so that most likely already is the mentioned maximum salary.
Rocco Stallone
(Група Amateur - 52)

Мислења: 3130
  Држава:
САД 
Сертификат: 
Старо мислење #9 Испратено Мар 21 2017, 19:00:59 Цитирај 
I like the idea,

But who makes the call on where healthy competition stops and ridiculousness begins?
Konstantin Kiskinov
(Група Master - 5)

Мислења: 929
  Држава:
Бугарија 
Сертификат: 
Старо мислење #10 Испратено Мар 21 2017, 19:02:53 Цитирај 
I like Robin's idea. It will be very good to have this in the game. However, IMO the limit should be 5m instead of 4m. Why?:
1) 5m is too high salary indeed, but not that higher than 4m. It won't lead you to bankrupt, but you will be struggling to keep your money later, so there will be still a chance for the 'stupid' managers to make a mistake :p
2) there are sometimes 'critical situations' in which a manager needs driver only for several races (for example only to have FT and retain, when he/she can't retain with other strategy). In these situations, it is absolutely OK a manager to pay a driver 5m for 1,2 or 3 races. He won't bankrupt... Giving a limit of 5m instead of only 4m will make his chances better to take the driver (otherwise a manager who has offered 1m salary but 10-15 races would still take it certainly), so this different strategy (despite not the best one) would still exist.
Martin Irla
(Група Amateur - 78)

Мислења: 660
  Држава:
Уругвај 
Сертификат: 
Старо мислење #11 Испратено Мар 21 2017, 19:04:02 Цитирај 
Obviously that manager is taking the piss,he has done it on purpose....he is expirienced,has even been in Pro.And the 25 million its not even the worse thing....27 OA,101 kg,fatter than a whale and 42 years of age
Rocco Stallone
(Група Amateur - 52)

Држава:
САД 
Сертификат: 
Старо мислење #12 Испратено Мар 21 2017, 19:05:43 Цитирај 
Unfortunatley(Still a good thought Robin) This thread is troll food.
Robin Goodey
(Група Elite)

Држава:
Англија 
Сертификат: 
Старо мислење #13 Испратено Мар 21 2017, 19:08:51 Цитирај 
Quote ( Rocco Stallone @ March 21st 2017,19:05:43 )

This thread is troll food.

And you mean there are currently any threads that aren't? ;)
Konstantin Kiskinov
(Група Master - 5)

Мислења: 929
  Држава:
Бугарија 
Сертификат: 
Старо мислење #14 Испратено Мар 21 2017, 19:11:46 Цитирај 
Quote ( Martin Irla @ March 21st 2017,19:04:02 )

And the 25 million its not even the worse thing....27 OA,101 kg,fatter than a whale and 42 years of age

This is on purpose too. I would've probably done the same if I were him:
1) He (the Polish player) is playing the game since 2013 and he has reached Pro. Obviously he knows what to do in this game.
2) This driver has OA 27, which is extremely LOW and RARE. If a manager is about to stop playing the game, why not to buy this driver? Nobody else needs him and it is fun to have such a rare driver... :)
Rocco Stallone
(Група Amateur - 52)

Држава:
САД 
Сертификат: 
Старо мислење #15 Испратено Мар 21 2017, 19:18:19 Цитирај 
Quote ( Robin Goodey @ March 21st 2017,19:08:51 )

And you mean there are currently any threads that aren't? ;)

Good point.

I cant shake the image of Patrick in his foil helmet,drumming his fingers together while thinking: "Ah, yes. Dance puppets". But in more broken English.
Jack Giordmaina
(Група Amateur - 27)

Мислења: 123
  Држава:
Англија 
Сертификат: 
Старо мислење #16 Испратено Мар 21 2017, 19:20:10 Цитирај 
I think it's a great idea for Rookie and Amateur. Let's face the guy with the 25 million driver won't be in the game long when he can't replace any of his car parts

Also, the competition in Amateur for drivers is so high. Which means some people pay far too much for the best drivers. So I think a cap would be great.

But for Pro Master and Elite, I think you have progressed too far in the game and if you want to spend x amount on a driver then that's their decision
Martin Irla
(Група Amateur - 78)

Држава:
Уругвај 
Сертификат: 
Старо мислење #17 Испратено Мар 21 2017, 19:29:58 (последно изменето Мар 21 2017, 19:31:19 од Martin Irla) Цитирај 
About the post,i fully agree with it.....Specially in Rookie,where lots of new people dont know how to start and pay ridiculous prices,even 4 mill its too much and completely unaffordable for a Rookie....In upper cathegories dont think there should be a limit,cause managers there already have the expirience and they fully well know that its silly to hire a driver for that price,if they do it its on purpose and for a reason,although it beats me what could it be.....(Edited)Sorry,Jack above beat me to this and already expressed my thinking first....
Robin Goodey
(Група Elite)

Држава:
Англија 
Сертификат: 
Старо мислење #18 Испратено Мар 21 2017, 19:34:35 (последно изменето Мар 21 2017, 19:34:57 од Robin Goodey) Цитирај 
It was more to stop people making a decent driver unusable (financially) for the rest of his career (which a 15m salary will do), rather than whether a manager sabotages his own account.

There are going to be less top drivers in the next few seasons now that less training is being done due to energy - so to lose some through people deliberately causing trouble seems like something to stamp out.

By restricting the salary to 4m (or 5m), it will take the driver out of reach for a couple of seasons, but his salary will eventually drop enough while unemployed to make him usable again (Albeit 2/3 seasons later)
Rocco Stallone
(Група Amateur - 52)

Држава:
САД 
Сертификат: 
Старо мислење #19 Испратено Мар 21 2017, 19:34:46 (последно изменето Мар 21 2017, 19:45:54 од Rocco Stallone) Цитирај 
You also have to consider that some prefer to pay a higher salary and forego any extensive training.

Obviously,not crazy amounts like the event in question, but it should be considered if ever implementing a max salary.

Also, what would happen if two or more managers offered the set max? What would decide who gets the driver?

Edited-
Martin Irla
(Група Amateur - 78)

Држава:
Уругвај 
Сертификат: 
Старо мислење #20 Испратено Мар 21 2017, 19:43:21 Цитирај 
Thats also true Rocco,but above 4 million???? If you look at the salary table that Robin posted,theres only 1 manager above Ama that pays more than 3....and very few above 2 even....anyone that pays a salary above 4 for more than a few particular races,either doesnt know what he is doing or he does and he is doing it on purpose to bankrupt his account....its a good point also forbidding it not to spoil drivers.....
Rocco Stallone
(Група Amateur - 52)

Држава:
САД 
Сертификат: 
Ми се допаѓа ова мислење (1)   Не ми се допаѓа ова мислење (1)
Старо мислење #21 Испратено Мар 21 2017, 19:49:10 Цитирај 
I guess if you really wanted to push it.It could be considered an exploit,which is an off-shoot of cheating,which could constitute some sort of "punishment". Just saying ;)
Mason Somoza
(Група Amateur - 54)

Мислења: 450
  Држава:
Никарагва 
Сертификат: 
Ми се допаѓа ова мислење (1)   Не ми се допаѓа ова мислење (3)
Старо мислење #22 Испратено Мар 21 2017, 20:28:06 Цитирај 
No, let them do whatever they want. There is a mentor programs, forums, FAQ, rules, wiki, newbie guide, and of course google.

Better option, really noob guide gets developed.

Following the (quite frankly) ridiculous salary now being paid by one manager in Master, I took a look at: /gb/Stats.asp?type=payeddrivers#scroll

and see that his driver is actually NOT the highest paid driver in the game.

On that page, most of the highest salary drivers are in rookie - which (to me) means there are two types of people at the top of that list:

1) People trying (for whatever stupid reason) to have the highest salary driver in the game

or

2) Rookies not knowing what a 'sensible' salary is - which will then bankrupt them really quickly - and probably lead to them leaving the game.

So my suggestion, to combat both points, is to have a maximum salary that can be offered.

I'd suggest maybe 4m per race is probably about right (as I don't think I've seen any / many drivers paid over that by 'serious' managers)
While this is a high salary, at least someone paying that is unlikely to stop that driver ever getting employed again (which has just happened with a good driver for no sensible reason)

I'd also suggest, mostly to combat point 2 above, that if a manager offers over, say, 2m per race to a driver, a pop up appears to inform them that the salary offered is very high and do they really want to offer that amount?

What do people think?
Miel Soeterbroek
(Група Amateur - 42)

Мислења: 3107
  Држава:
Холандија 
Сертификат: 
Ми се допаѓа ова мислење (0)   Не ми се допаѓа ова мислење (1)
Старо мислење #23 Испратено Мар 21 2017, 21:29:12 Цитирај 
Yup, like it!

It'll protect eager Rookies from making unrecoverable mistakes, and - to a lesser extent - protects the game and drivers from the antics of people with other intentions, whatever they may be.

4M or 5M seems a sensible limit to me.
Phil Maunder
(Група Pro - 7)

Мислења: 10003
  Држава:
Англија 
Сертификат: 
Старо мислење #24 Испратено Мар 21 2017, 21:30:22 Цитирај 
Ah. I thought this thread was about Max's driver salary
David Rolleston1
(Група Master - 3)

Мислења: 2618
  Држава:
Англија 
Сертификат: 
Старо мислење #25 Испратено Мар 21 2017, 21:41:50 Цитирај 
Didn't the admins already put some form of fix in place to reduce what an out of contract driver would ask for in terms of salary to help this issue?

Another option would be to link the salary you are able to offer to your bank balance. Similar to driver bonus, but not the same as that would be too low. Maybe 1/5th of bank balance as race salary. That would cause other issues though further down the line.

I do recall some sort of fix being made though
Goran Slunjski
(Група Master - 2)

Мислења: 1133
  Држава:
Хрватска 
Сертификат: 
Старо мислење #26 Испратено Мар 21 2017, 21:42:27 Цитирај 
Agree,it's like a protecting kids from pushing their fingers into socket :P
Mason Somoza
(Група Amateur - 54)

Мислења: 450
  Држава:
Никарагва 
Сертификат: 
Ми се допаѓа ова мислење (2)   Не ми се допаѓа ова мислење (2)
Старо мислење #27 Испратено Мар 21 2017, 21:48:02 (последно изменето Мар 21 2017, 21:51:04 од Mason Somoza) Цитирај 
What???? How many times have I heard rookie is where you f up???

Hell they have a roookie reset for god's sake...

And if they're too dense to tell from the salaries of the majority of drivers in the driver market, that they don't need to offer $15 million a race, then that's on them.

It's one thing if there is a guide or tutorial they start out with that suggests not paying more than say $1 million, but a hard cap? Nah

They have rookie reset.

EDIT - maybe they should be allowed one contract cancellation on the house, rather than paying a penalty to cancel a bad contract.
Mikko Heikkinen
(Група Pro - 4)

Мислења: 12503
  Држава:
Финска 
Сертификат: 
Старо мислење #28 Испратено Мар 21 2017, 21:55:01 (последно изменето Мар 21 2017, 21:58:09 од Mikko Heikkinen) Цитирај 

There already is such a thing.

That kind of model would be impossible. If 2 equally maxxed offers came to the driver, how would the driver decide.

But as mentioned, there already is a limiter in the salary

Rookies not knowing what a 'sensible' salary is - which will then bankrupt them really quickly

Reset is there
David Rolleston1
(Група Master - 3)

Мислења: 2618
  Држава:
Англија 
Сертификат: 
Старо мислење #29 Испратено Мар 21 2017, 21:57:37 Цитирај 
For 2 equally maxed offers it then resorts to incentives, like win bonus mikko. Though you know that already
Mikko Heikkinen
(Група Pro - 4)

Мислења: 12503
  Држава:
Финска 
Сертификат: 
Старо мислење #30 Испратено Мар 21 2017, 21:59:15 Цитирај 
Quote ( David Rolleston @ March 21st 2017,21:57:37 )

For 2 equally maxed offers it then resorts to incentives, like win bonus mikko. Though you know that already

And when the bonuses too are equal (=2 equal offers) ?

Thought you know that already :P
Страница [12 » Брзо одете на страница:

Одговори на оваа тема