Halaman « 1 2 3 ... 38 [3940 ... 64 65 66 » Lompat ke halaman:
Pengarang Topik: Server Down 1953 balasan
Rogerio Pereira
(Kumpulan Pro - 3)

Kiriman: 3346
  Negara:
Brazil 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (0)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #1139 dikirim Jun 20 2013, 20:57:19 Sebut 
Network problems are not GPRO's fault.

I got caught in transit and was only able to try log in the last few minutes and give a general check. Then went to place my bit and boom. No server.

Shit happens.

However, GPRO needed not to make it more stinker, eh?

Get a bad random driver is terrible finnancially enough given the level you are (I'm getting a less than rookie driver), but to be charged $ 2.5M in fee and $ 1.8M salary (total 4.3M lost) is nonsense IMO.

Give the random driver, even a 50 OA granny is OK, but tax the player over 4M for that?

Server/network issue was bad luck. The price of the random driver what can be called.
Jonathan MacLean
(Kumpulan Master - 3)

Kiriman: 7142
  Negara:
Scotland 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (1)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #1140 dikirim Jun 20 2013, 20:58:10 Sebut 
Quote ( Fran Betancort @ June 20th 2013,20:56:29 )

Many managers form many countries couldn´t Felipe, but according to the "early" ladies in this game it´s our fault, they need to do it before because they can´t be at the PC on time, so the ones that can need to do it erlier for them.

Lets turn this around on a slightly obscure way.

Say you take the bus to work. And for whatever reason, the bus is late, and in turn, makes you late.

Should you be punished for being late for work?

The answer is yes. Circumstances surrounding it may vary, and sympathy may also vary. But ultimately. You. Were. Late. and nothing will change that.
Fran Betancort
(Kumpulan Amateur - 40)

Kiriman: 2945
  Negara:
Sepanyol 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (0)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (3)
Kiriman lama #1141 dikirim Jun 20 2013, 20:59:33 (terakhir disunting Jun 20 2013, 21:02:32 oleh Fran Betancort) Sebut 
Quote ( Jos Kwan @ June 20th 2013,20:56:25 )

Good say mate. Just now you say the rules state that 19:00. But now you want Vlad break the rules and extend the time? You had slap your own face.

You are wrong, totally wrong, and hope you problems too, it´s the only way the hypocrites to learn. When people is not affected is easy to say it´s the manager fault.
I wish to see you whenever you have a problem.

Quote ( Jonathan MacLean @ June 20th 2013,20:58:10 )

Lets turn this around on a slightly obscure way.

Say you take the bus to work. And for whatever reason, the bus is late, and in turn, makes you late.

The answer is yes. Circumstances surrounding it may vary, and sympathy may also vary. But ultimately. You. Were. Late. and nothing will change that.

Lets give you another example, you are going to work, and your mother has an accident and is nearly to die, if you stop to help her you lose your job because you´re late and can´t pay your house for your childs, in your case according to what you said you wouldn´t stop, what a nice person you are, so sweet.
Jonathan MacLean
(Kumpulan Master - 3)

Negara:
Scotland 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #1142 dikirim Jun 20 2013, 21:00:19 (terakhir disunting Jun 20 2013, 21:01:45 oleh Jonathan MacLean) Sebut 
-snip-

mis-quote
Shoaib Mohamed
(Kumpulan Amateur - 32)

Kiriman: 9817
  Negara:
India 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #1143 dikirim Jun 20 2013, 21:00:25 Sebut 
Lol Rogerio, using Google translate? :{P
Kevin Parkinson
(Kumpulan Amateur - 72)

Krew GPRO
Kiriman: 14356
  Negara:
Scotland 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #1144 dikirim Jun 20 2013, 21:01:43 Sebut 

I know some big companies that pose no reprimand if transport situations occur that are out with your control, even in your own car. :)
Carlos Villacastin
(Kumpulan Amateur - 2)

Kiriman: 2615
  Negara:
Sepanyol 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (2)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #1145 dikirim Jun 20 2013, 21:01:48 Sebut 
Quote ( Jonathan MacLean @ June 20th 2013,21:00:19 )

I was affected you fool. But I left it too late. I'm just not crying like a little bitch.

And he is not affected. So stop calling people fool, stupid.
Jonathan MacLean
(Kumpulan Master - 3)

Negara:
Scotland 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #1146 dikirim Jun 20 2013, 21:02:12 (terakhir disunting Jun 20 2013, 21:06:07 oleh Jonathan MacLean) Sebut 
Quote ( Kevin Parkinson @ June 20th 2013,21:01:43 )

I know some big companies that pose no reprimand if transport situations occur that are out with your control, even in your own car. :)

Where i work, they don't care if you got ran over. They'd still impose a point on you.
Quote ( Carlos Villacastin @ June 20th 2013,21:01:48 )

And he is not affected. So stop calling people fool, stupid.

Yes, my bad. I mis-quoted thinking it was Fran's response to me.

Quote ( Fran Betancort @ June 20th 2013,20:59:33 )

Lets give you another example, you are going to work, and your mother has an accident and is nearly to die, if you stop to help her you lose your job because you´re late and can´t pay your house for your childs, in your case according to what you said you wouldn´t stop, what a nice person you are, so sweet.

Lol, if you rate GPRO as life and death, you have priority issues.

Not to mention, a very poor ability in judging people.

You, are just a whiney little kid because you were essentially randomed by your network.

Get over it and move on, nothing, will be done to amend what you feel is your loss.
Pedro Santos
(Kumpulan Pro - 21)

Kiriman: 4147
  Negara:
Portugal 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #1147 dikirim Jun 20 2013, 21:02:58 Sebut 

You are wrong, totally wrong, and hope you problems too, it´s the only way the hypocrites to learn. When people is not affected is easy to say it´s the manager fault.
I wish to see you whenever you have a problem.

This is so ironic. :D

Why can't you accept it's your mistake? Do you think people that are arguing against you have a perfect score in GPRO? I have screwed up several times because of the server problems (like doing multiple P laps in the past, or losing out on bids). GPRO seems to be fond of giving me randoms this season - always in races where I could get great results - but do you see me blaming GPRO? No, of course not, it's part of the game.

So learn from it and stop insulting people, ad hominem is the most effective way of humiliating yourself.
Rogerio Pereira
(Kumpulan Pro - 3)

Kiriman: 3346
  Negara:
Brazil 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #1148 dikirim Jun 20 2013, 21:04:15 Sebut 
Quote ( Shoaib Mohamed @ June 20th 2013,21:00:25 )

Not my best afternoon, Shoaib :-))
Fran Betancort
(Kumpulan Amateur - 40)

Negara:
Sepanyol 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (2)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (2)
Kiriman lama #1149 dikirim Jun 20 2013, 21:06:17 Sebut 
jonathan, insulting is the way of showing every body how you really are, and that you call us you can call your mother!!! Buy a friend mate!!!
Roland Postle10
(Kumpulan Amateur - 46)

Kiriman: 1855
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (4)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #1150 dikirim Jun 20 2013, 21:07:02 Sebut 
Quote ( Rogerio Pereira @ June 20th 2013,20:57:19 )

Network problems are not GPRO's fault.

The catch to this argument is that it's not necessarily 'random'. It's not unheard of (in other games) for some players to have ready access to botnets and to use them to flood the sever at critical moments when it's beneficial. (I know, shock horror who would do that for just a game. But some do). And if you were bidding on a top notch driver or TD in GPRO it'd certainly be beneficial to deny any other bids for 10-20 mins before deadline

Obviously the best way to mitigate against this kind of cheating, *if* there was evidence it was happening (mysterious timely outages happening several times without explanation etc...) is to extend the deadline, or do something else to deny the advantage. 'Suck it up' would just let cheaters get away with it
Jonathan MacLean
(Kumpulan Master - 3)

Negara:
Scotland 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #1151 dikirim Jun 20 2013, 21:08:20 Sebut 
Quote ( Fran Betancort @ June 20th 2013,21:06:17 )

jonathan, insulting is the way of showing every body how you really are, and that you call us you can call your mother!!! Buy a friend mate!!!

Keep crying mate - the staff decisions aren't going to be rearranged because a few people got unlucky.

Fran Betancort
(Kumpulan Amateur - 40)

Negara:
Sepanyol 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #1152 dikirim Jun 20 2013, 21:08:39 Sebut 
Totally agree Roland.
Sion Francis
(Kumpulan Elite)

Kiriman: 6613
  Negara:
Wales 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #1153 dikirim Jun 20 2013, 21:09:03 Sebut 
Quote ( Fran Betancort @ June 20th 2013,21:06:17 )

jonathan, insulting is the way of showing every body how you really are

quite right, well said...

You are wrong, totally wrong, and hope you problems too, it´s the only way the hypocrites to learn.

Quote ( Fran Betancort @ June 20th 2013,20:56:29 )

but according to the "early" ladies in this game

Quote ( Fran Betancort @ June 20th 2013,20:36:53 )

I wish you have problems before a race or so and you can´t do anything about it, it can ruin a manager season, I hope you to be next one.
Fran Betancort
(Kumpulan Amateur - 40)

Negara:
Sepanyol 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (3)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (2)
Kiriman lama #1154 dikirim Jun 20 2013, 21:10:32 (terakhir disunting Jun 20 2013, 21:11:45 oleh Fran Betancort) Sebut 
Quote ( Jonathan MacLean @ June 20th 2013,21:08:20 )

Keep crying mate

I´m not crying Jonathan, is you who seems to be perturbed because some managers asked for some kind of solution, and you answer in very rude way. Who is the one crying? You cry because others complain of server down in a server sdown thread.

PS: Sion quote yourself, youre not an angel too, very educated answering other managers, you get what you deserve...
Jonathan MacLean
(Kumpulan Master - 3)

Negara:
Scotland 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #1155 dikirim Jun 20 2013, 21:11:39 (terakhir disunting Jun 20 2013, 21:12:14 oleh Jonathan MacLean) Sebut 
Quote ( Fran Betancort @ June 20th 2013,21:10:32 )

I´m not crying Jonathan, is you who seems to be perturbed because some managers asked for some kind of solution, and you answer in very rude way. Who is the one crying? You cry because others complain of server down in a server sdown thread.

Lol, you're just the one wishing everyone has the same misfortune as you because they don't agree with you.

That, in itself, is so very childish. I'm just the sort to be blunt with what I think. Sorry it offended you.

wait, no i'm not.
Fran Betancort
(Kumpulan Amateur - 40)

Negara:
Sepanyol 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (0)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (3)
Kiriman lama #1156 dikirim Jun 20 2013, 21:12:55 (terakhir disunting Jun 20 2013, 21:14:26 oleh Fran Betancort) Sebut 
Quote ( Jonathan MacLean @ June 20th 2013,21:11:39 )

wishing everyone has the same misfortune as you

I didn´t say the same than me, I had no problems at all, see my firts post, it was some mates, not me, read before answering totally wrong..

You took things out of place because it interested you.

Don´t worry, it´s OK. If I see you complaining any time I´ll remenber you everything you said.
Carlos Villacastin
(Kumpulan Amateur - 2)

Kiriman: 2615
  Negara:
Sepanyol 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #1157 dikirim Jun 20 2013, 21:13:10 Sebut 
Quote ( Jonathan MacLean @ June 20th 2013,21:11:39 )

Lol, you're just the one wishing everyone has the same misfortune as you because they don't agree with you.

He is not affected. He didn't want to bid.
Jos Kwan
(Kumpulan Rookie - 356)

Kiriman: 577
  Negara:
Malaysia 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #1158 dikirim Jun 20 2013, 21:13:10 Sebut 

Are you joking? Give some logic and wise example please. If I got fired, I got savings, I can use the savings for my family and childs. Because I have prepare it EARLY. You understand the meaning of early?

I knows you feels angry since you can't place a offers on the market. But you should know no one know when the network facing a problem. You should think about the next driver which you want to sign and not wasting time to blame.
Aris Tsouk
(Kumpulan Rookie - 170)

Kiriman: 153
  Negara:
Greece 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (4)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #1159 dikirim Jun 20 2013, 21:13:57 Sebut 
Quote ( Felipe Seolin @ June 20th 2013,20:52:48 )

I bet in offer at the lasts minutes, just to choose the DT with no others offers, but 20 minutes before I couldn't access the game. Problem just with www.gpro.net, all the others sites normally.

Same here. There were problems only with gpro and no other site.

I didn't need to make any offers but I believe there should be an extension for those that had connectivity issues since it wasn't their fault. I can't be sure but from what I read the problem probably lies with the ISP used for hosting the servers.

Quote ( Sion Francis @ June 20th 2013,20:40:19 )

Market has been open for 3 days. There are reasons people don't leave it to the last minute - connection issues is one of the major ones. If you choose to take the gamble, sometimes you lose.

There are also reasons people leave it for the last minute. This can't even be an argument in this case. What if the site was down for 60 hours? You could again argue that there was a 12 hour window to do whatever you needed to do, plenty of time right?
Peter Willmore
(Kumpulan Amateur - 45)

Kiriman: 3616
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (1)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (1)
Kiriman lama #1160 dikirim Jun 20 2013, 21:14:07 (terakhir disunting Jun 20 2013, 21:17:22 oleh Peter Willmore) Sebut 
Quote ( Kevin Parkinson @ June 20th 2013,21:01:43 )

Most companies would punish you, the reason being they would say you should of left earlier(or in the example of gpro you should of bid earlier)

I totally agree
Quote ( Rogerio Pereira @ June 20th 2013,20:57:19 )

Server/network issue was bad luck. The price of the random driver what can be called.

Bad planning, should not of waited till the last moment(set a safety net purchase early), then go after your main target last minute if that's the way you insist on doing it :)

Quote ( Fran Betancort @ June 20th 2013,20:36:53 )

Quote ( Sion Francis @ June 20th 2013,20:33:27 )

Last minute scalpers get no sympathy from me - live by the sword, die by the sword.

I wish you have problems before a race or so and you can´t do anything about it, it can ruin a manager season, I hope you to be next one.

Totally agree with sion if you wait till the last minute then have network issues no one to blame but yourself.

Fran i get the feeling that if this had happened to sion he would not be on here whining about it because he and many others(myself included) know that is the risk you take if you leave it till the last minute.

Quote ( Aris Tsouk @ June 20th 2013,21:13:57 )

I didn't need to make any offers but I believe there should be an extension for those that had connectivity issues since it wasn't their fault

How do you know who had the issue, how do you stop it being abused , what about people who said they would of bid on a driver or td who has been assigned to someone else and more to the point if someone leaves it to the last minute and there are network problems that's their own fault , so there should be no extension imo

Shoaib Mohamed
(Kumpulan Amateur - 32)

Kiriman: 9817
  Negara:
India 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #1161 dikirim Jun 20 2013, 21:15:17 Sebut 
Quote ( Rogerio Pereira @ June 20th 2013,21:04:15 )

Quote ( Shoaib Mohamed @ June 20th 2013,21:00:25 )

Not my best afternoon, Shoaib :-))
Lol don't worry about it :{)
Jonathan MacLean
(Kumpulan Master - 3)

Negara:
Scotland 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #1162 dikirim Jun 20 2013, 21:15:20 Sebut 
Quote ( Fran Betancort @ June 20th 2013,21:12:55 )

I didn´t say the same than me, I had no problems at all, see my firts post, it was some mates, not me, read before answering totally wrong..

My apologies. But in turn, you are still wishing the same misfortune as others had, because they disagree with you. And you are continually calling them hypocrites. (Which in itself is ironic when you later say about showing your true colours)

At the end of the day. Nothing will, nor really should change. It's happened in the past plenty of times and it will again happen. If people want to bid on someone with the safety of not being hit by the network issues. Then use the private bid.
Rafael Mantovani
(Kumpulan Master - 1)

Kiriman: 8206
  Negara:
Brazil 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #1163 dikirim Jun 20 2013, 21:16:06 Sebut 
OK, those guys were late and couldn't bid. Shit happens.

Thing is... paying 4-5M for a random (bad) driver is too much.
Specially when something happened and it wasn't your fault.
Give those guys a driver with a reasonable salary/signing fee, after all it wasn't their fault (not 100%).
Fran Betancort
(Kumpulan Amateur - 40)

Negara:
Sepanyol 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (0)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (2)
Kiriman lama #1164 dikirim Jun 20 2013, 21:16:15 Sebut 
Quote ( Jos Kwan @ June 20th 2013,21:13:10 )

I knows you feels angry since you can't place a offers on the market.

I´m not angry because I had non intention to bid, read the post before reply something out on place...
You are just looking to reply everyone without reading (and understanding) what you are replying to...
Jonathan MacLean
(Kumpulan Master - 3)

Negara:
Scotland 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (1)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (1)
Kiriman lama #1165 dikirim Jun 20 2013, 21:17:36 Sebut 
Quote ( Rafael Mantovani @ June 20th 2013,21:16:06 )

Thing is... paying 4-5M for a random (bad) driver is too much.
Specially when something happened and it wasn't your fault.
Give those guys a driver with a reasonable salary/signing fee, after all it wasn't their fault (not 100%).

I'd rather pay 2mil on a private bid early then pay 4mil on a random driver.

The sole reason people leave it late is to make their bid go undetected, or detected too late for anyone to respond.

That feature is available with the private bid. - at a price.

But those affected have been affected because they took the risk.
Fran Betancort
(Kumpulan Amateur - 40)

Negara:
Sepanyol 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (0)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (1)
Kiriman lama #1166 dikirim Jun 20 2013, 21:18:19 (terakhir disunting Jun 20 2013, 21:20:32 oleh Fran Betancort) Sebut 
Quote ( Jonathan MacLean @ June 20th 2013,21:15:20 )

But in turn, you are still wishing the same misfortune as others had, because they disagree with you.

Not because they disagree, because of the way they did it!!! It´s different, once again Jonathan, read the conversation before replying something out of place.

And for those who says the problem is last minute, the problem was 20 minutes before till 5/10 minutes after, not a "last minute" problem.
Andrei Ciuchi
(Kumpulan Amateur - 57)

Krew GPRO
Kiriman: 21510
  Negara:
Romania 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #1167 dikirim Jun 20 2013, 21:18:24 Sebut 
Quote ( Roland Postle @ June 20th 2013,21:07:02 )

Obviously the best way to mitigate against this kind of cheating, *if* there was evidence it was happening (mysterious timely outages happening several times without explanation etc...) is to extend the deadline, or do something else to deny the advantage.

Let's say that's possible. How would Vlad find out about the network issues so he could step in and could extend the said deadline, if those issues would happen just several minutes before the deadline? Not that much time to react.
Jonathan MacLean
(Kumpulan Master - 3)

Negara:
Scotland 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #1168 dikirim Jun 20 2013, 21:20:33 (terakhir disunting Jun 20 2013, 21:21:08 oleh Jonathan MacLean) Sebut 
Quote ( Fran Betancort @ June 20th 2013,21:18:19 )

Not because they disagree, because of the way they did it!!! It´s different, once again Jonathan, read the conversation before replying something out of place

This much I have done. And from what I have read, people have made their points - and it appears that because they don't sympathise with those who lost out, you wish them that misfortune.

That, is childish, in my opinion.

Quote ( Fran Betancort @ June 20th 2013,21:18:19 )

And for those who says the problem is last minute, the problem was 20 minutes before till 5/10 minutes after, not a "last minute" problem.

Its happened before, it'll happen again. My point on the private bid still stands.
Halaman « 1 2 3 ... 38 [3940 ... 64 65 66 » Lompat ke halaman:

Balas topik ini