Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Off topic forum > Open Wheel Manager - single player F1 Manager Tambah topik ini kepada senarai abai anda Tambah topik ini kepada senarai pemerhatian anda
Halaman [12 » Lompat ke halaman:
Pengarang Topik: Open Wheel Manager - single player F1 Manager 32 balasan
Ivan Vvolf
(Kumpulan Amateur - 23)

Kiriman: 23
  Negara:
Ukraine 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (18)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (1)
Kiriman lama #1 dikirim Jan 29 2013, 16:05:22 (terakhir disunting Jan 29 2013, 16:12:48 oleh Michael Winkley) Sebut 
Hi. I just released an alpha version of my game Open Wheel Manager.
Its single player F1 Manager (not online) for Windows.
Any feedback will be important for the project.

You can see more information on the project page
http://open-wheel-manager.com/campaign/index.php

If you like the project, please support it by donations or likes and tweets

Any questions about the game you can ask in this thread or on the project page

Topic approved by GPRO President. (mod edit)
Jun Ho
(Kumpulan Amateur - 2)

Kiriman: 8525
  Negara:
Hong Kong 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (0)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (6)
Kiriman lama #2 dikirim Jan 29 2013, 16:12:35 Sebut 
? If it was approved, wouldnt they open the other thread?
Michael Winkley
(Kumpulan Master - 4)

Kiriman: 33335
  Negara:
Wales 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (2)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (1)
Kiriman lama #3 dikirim Jan 29 2013, 16:18:28 Sebut 
Quote ( Jun Ho @ January 29th 2013,16:12:35 )

? If it was approved, wouldnt they open the other thread?

Ivan has been given permission to create this thread by Vlad. There are some conditions attached to it, though those are none of your business.
Keri Lovell
(Kumpulan Rookie - 30)

Kiriman: 10079
  Negara:
Wales 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (1)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (1)
Kiriman lama #4 dikirim Jan 29 2013, 16:35:51 Sebut 
Just had a quick flick through as on my way out, but it looks VERY nice indeed, extremely promising :-)

Nice one
Paul Bright
(Kumpulan Rookie - 274)

Kiriman: 2113
  Negara:
Scotland 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (1)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (1)
Kiriman lama #5 dikirim Jan 29 2013, 17:00:20 Sebut 
Looks very good, obviously draws a little on GPRO but that's not a bad thing :)

One very minor thing so far is that the first lap times seem to be quicker or around the same as second and third laps when they would normally be significantly slower.
George Brown
(Kumpulan Amateur - 30)

Kiriman: 749
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (1)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #6 dikirim Jan 29 2013, 17:06:10 Sebut 
Might be worth asking around for a regular forum contributor with excellent English to proofread anything that's on there rather than apologising for the lack of it at the bottom. What they might ask in return I have no idea, but it'd make the whole thing look a bit more professional.
Ivan Vvolf
(Kumpulan Amateur - 23)

Negara:
Ukraine 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #7 dikirim Jan 29 2013, 17:10:52 Sebut 
Quote ( Paul Bright @ January 29th 2013,17:00:20 )

One very minor thing so far is that the first lap times seem to be quicker or around the same as second and third laps when they would normally be significantly slower.

Yes, that's right. After implementation to the game of the qualifying session I will have all the necessary data to calculate the loss of each driver on the first lap.
Maribel Martinez
(Kumpulan Rookie - 54)

Kiriman: 43
  Negara:
Mexico 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #8 dikirim Jan 29 2013, 17:19:19 Sebut 
Wow!! Ivan Congratulations!!! Fantastic work!! And Real thanks to #1 (:

For given his permission to create this Thread!! Very nice of Him. Way 2 go Boss (:

I'll send Pm to you!!!

Good Luck Ivan!!
Janne Väänänen
(Kumpulan Master - 2)

Kiriman: 4888
  Negara:
Finland 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (3)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (1)
Kiriman lama #9 dikirim Jan 29 2013, 17:20:06 (terakhir disunting Jan 29 2013, 17:21:12 oleh Janne Väänänen) Sebut 
wow

I expected some simple click-three-buttons-and-win game, but 10min test session suggests that we have a new GPM2 in our hands :o

25k seems optimistic for the donations though but the best of luck to the project Ivan

will test this more for sure later, try and give constructive feedback:D

Vlad should make sure GPRO stickers are very visible on the games interface when this one becomes popular lol
Ivan Vvolf
(Kumpulan Amateur - 23)

Negara:
Ukraine 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #10 dikirim Jan 29 2013, 17:30:19 Sebut 
Quote ( George Brown @ January 29th 2013,17:06:10 )

Might be worth asking around for a regular forum contributor with excellent English to proofread anything that's on there rather than apologising for the lack of it at the bottom. What they might ask in return I have no idea, but it'd make the whole thing look a bit more professional.

I agree. But I had to show something to these people wanted to help. If you want to help the project you can send me a personal message with your proposal. I would be glad of any help.
Andrew Lawrence
(Kumpulan Amateur - 17)

Kiriman: 3441
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (0)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (1)
Kiriman lama #11 dikirim Jan 29 2013, 17:51:49 Sebut 
Quote ( Janne Väänänen @ January 29th 2013,17:20:06 )

I expected some simple click-three-buttons-and-win game, but 10min test session suggests that we have a new GPM2 in our hands :o

Anyone else still play that?
Simon Marks
(Kumpulan Amateur - 54)

Kiriman: 566
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (2)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #12 dikirim Jan 29 2013, 18:02:48 Sebut 
Looks very good, great job Ivan 8-)

Teemu Toikka
(Kumpulan Rookie - 164)

Kiriman: 1357
  Negara:
Finland 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #13 dikirim Jan 29 2013, 18:07:13 Sebut 
I just completed the season, looks very nice indeed!
Are you going to release any other alpha versions before the full release and if so, have you decided what to change/add/take off?
Looking at the full version changelist, everything I had in mind was in there.
Also, have you thought about making a multiplayer mode? It could work if you used similar concept to Football Manager games.
Dominik Karda
(Kumpulan Rookie - 20)

Kiriman: 5431
  Negara:
Republik Czech 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (0)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #14 dikirim Jan 29 2013, 18:34:35 Sebut 
Amazing job with this Ivan, hats off. :D

It's very fun xD
Peter Thompson
(Kumpulan Amateur - 25)

Kiriman: 1645
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #15 dikirim Jan 29 2013, 18:48:25 (terakhir disunting Jan 29 2013, 18:51:00 oleh Peter Thompson) Sebut 
Quote ( Andrew Lawrence @ January 29th 2013,17:51:49 )

Anyone else still play that?

o/

Love the old school

Quote ( George Brown @ January 29th 2013,17:06:10 )

Might be worth asking around for a regular forum contributor with excellent English to proofread

Sounds like a volunteer to me... :)

Have you had a look at Kickstarter?

http://www.kickstarter.com/help/faq/kickstarter%20basics?ref=nav
Ivan Vvolf
(Kumpulan Amateur - 23)

Negara:
Ukraine 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #16 dikirim Jan 29 2013, 20:34:07 Sebut 
Peter Thompson,
To start the project on the kickstarter, you must be a resident of the US or UK.
Also Kickstarter pays money only when fundraising has been completed, but I do not want to stop development for 40 days.

Teemu Toikka,
I want to release a second alpha version in two months. Date will depend on the amount of donated money. Without additional funding, I would not be able to spend on the game for 8-10 hours as I did before.
If I have enough resources, I will try to implement multiplayer, but so far it seems unlikely.
Janne Väänänen
(Kumpulan Master - 2)

Kiriman: 4888
  Negara:
Finland 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #17 dikirim Feb 1 2013, 18:57:49 Sebut 
1 question: the picture of the planned 'race view' doesn't tell much. Do you plan to do it real time managing, pitstops and stuff (like GPM) or view-only graphics like GPRO?
Ivan Vvolf
(Kumpulan Amateur - 23)

Negara:
Ukraine 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #18 dikirim Feb 2 2013, 17:41:29 Sebut 
The race will be in real time. You can change the strategy and give orders during the race. But the AI opponents will try to consider your actions.
Josh Cooper
(Kumpulan Rookie - 258)

Kiriman: 357
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #19 dikirim Feb 12 2013, 02:06:26 Sebut 
I was wondering if its not too much ot ask, if you could give more information about yourself?

I was impressed by the alpha, and not just because of how smoothly it ran, I have read the about page and just wondered what your experience was, is there anyone else working on the project and so on.

Im really looking forward to the end result, but I just want to know more about the guy behind the game, might encourage people to invest in it as well!

Best of luck
Eric MacDowell
(Kumpulan Pro - 17)

Kiriman: 213
  Negara:
Amerika Syarikat 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #20 dikirim Feb 12 2013, 02:25:49 Sebut 
This game looks very cool so far, will give it a run later.
Ivan Vvolf
(Kumpulan Amateur - 23)

Negara:
Ukraine 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #21 dikirim Feb 13 2013, 00:07:40 (terakhir disunting Feb 13 2013, 00:10:57 oleh Ivan Wolf) Sebut 
Quote ( Josh Cooper @ February 12th 2013,02:06:26 )

I was wondering if its not too much ot ask, if you could give more information about yourself?

I was impressed by the alpha, and not just because of how smoothly it ran, I have read the about page and just wondered what your experience was, is there anyone else working on the project and so on.

Im really looking forward to the end result, but I just want to know more about the guy behind the game, might encourage people to invest in it as well!

Best of luck

You're right, I will try to tell more about yourself

I made my first game when I was a student in 2002. It called Wolf2D (that's where my nickname comes from). Since that time games development is the favourite thing for me. The idea to make F1 Manager came a bit later in 2004. I was inspired by Grand Prix World. It was a great game that unfortunately had a lot of bugs. As I didn't have any programming experience I didn't get far in development at that time and gave up, but kept the idea. After I finished university I started to learn web programming. I worked as a web programmer for 8 years. From January 2011 to February 2012 I worked on the interface for a TV device (similar to Apple TV) and got valuable commercial development experience. After I collected $2000 savings I decided - it's time for F1 Manager and quit my job to work on the game. From March to September 2012 I worked on OWM full time (sometimes even overnight). Then when my savings ran out I had to get a web programmer job again. The game development progressed very slowly as I had only evenings for the work. Since January I became an independent again and started to work on preparing alpha version for release.

I made the game alone, but there are two persons who helped me a lot: my girlfriend Yana from Brest (Belarus) who did design (we met when I was looking for a designer for the game :) ) and my friend Sergey who invested $1000 which helped a lot at the beginning stage.
Lee Ifans
(Kumpulan Master - 2)

Kiriman: 3676
  Negara:
Wales 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #22 dikirim Feb 13 2013, 00:12:16 Sebut 
I don't know how hard this will be to port to an iphone app but if you did you would have a goldmine on your hands. There is no racing manager game for the iphone and I think an F1 manager game would be very popular. Perfect for that format.
Ivan Vvolf
(Kumpulan Amateur - 23)

Negara:
Ukraine 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #23 dikirim Feb 15 2013, 13:41:35 Sebut 
Quote ( Lee Ifans @ February 13th 2013,00:12:16 )

I don't know how hard this will be to port to an iphone app but if you did you would have a goldmine on your hands. There is no racing manager game for the iphone and I think an F1 manager game would be very popular. Perfect for that format.

The mobile platform has several limitations. The main limitation is that the buttons should be the diameter of a fingerprint. This makes the interface is too simplistic.
Mobile games is a business, not a gamedeveloping:
You make a bad game -> User buys the game for a couple of dollars -> Playing a game of 20 minutes per month -> User deletes the game.
It's not my way. I want to make a game that will be played even after 10 years. Profit for me is not as important.
Ivan Vvolf
(Kumpulan Amateur - 23)

Negara:
Ukraine 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #24 dikirim Jun 21 2013, 07:52:46 (terakhir disunting Jun 21 2013, 07:53:09 oleh Ivan Wolf) Sebut 
Open Wheel Manager ver. 0.3.7 is released

Changes list:
Sorting columns in drivers/staff/sponsors/suppliers search
Page tabs
Drivers morale
Dynamic reputation drivers, teams and suppliers

http://www.open-wheel-manager.com
Teemu Toikka
(Kumpulan Rookie - 132)

Kiriman: 1357
  Negara:
Finland 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #25 dikirim Jun 21 2013, 11:47:23 Sebut 
Hi Ivan, I tried your game a bit but it kept crashing, here's the log files: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9gzcm4ro3okiylq/OWM.rar
Chris Anello
(Kumpulan Rookie - 113)

Kiriman: 2067
  Negara:
Itali 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #26 dikirim Jun 21 2013, 12:31:36 (terakhir disunting Jun 21 2013, 12:36:27 oleh Chris Anello) Sebut 
It seems great Ivan! I started a new game but as soon as I went into the "Game Settings" the game froze showing the News page. Has this only happened to me?
Ivan Vvolf
(Kumpulan Amateur - 23)

Negara:
Ukraine 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #27 dikirim Jun 21 2013, 14:06:51 Sebut 
Quote ( Chris Anello @ June 21st 2013,12:31:36 )

It seems great Ivan! I started a new game but as soon as I went into the "Game Settings" the game froze showing the News page. Has this only happened to me?

Its bug. Thanx for report. I fixed it and reload file :)

Quote ( Teemu Toikka @ June 21st 2013,11:47:23 )

Hi Ivan, I tried your game a bit but it kept crashing, here's the log files: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9gzcm4ro3okiylq/OWM.rar

Try to update NET Framework from Microsoft site
Chris Anello
(Kumpulan Rookie - 113)

Negara:
Itali 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #28 dikirim Jun 21 2013, 16:41:28 Sebut 
Quote ( Ivan Vvolf @ June 21st 2013,14:06:51 )

Its bug. Thanx for report. I fixed it and reload file :)

Don't worry. I only help making the game better, y'know I want to be a programmer in the future.
Also, I'm thinking of translating it in Italian, not sure, though.
Chris Anello
(Kumpulan Rookie - 113)

Negara:
Itali 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #29 dikirim Jun 21 2013, 17:42:38 Sebut 
I apologize for the double post.

Found another bug, maybe. When pressing on the "Team Reputation" box and then "Continue", game freezes with News page on
Ivan Vvolf
(Kumpulan Amateur - 23)

Negara:
Ukraine 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #30 dikirim Jun 21 2013, 22:41:26 Sebut 
Quote ( Chris Anello @ June 21st 2013,17:42:38 )

I apologize for the double post.

Found another bug, maybe. When pressing on the "Team Reputation" box and then "Continue", game freezes with News page on

Yep, youre right. I forgot to convert some links to a tab system :)
Halaman [12 » Lompat ke halaman:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Off topic forum > Open Wheel Manager - single player F1 Manager Tambah topik ini kepada senarai abai anda Tambah topik ini kepada senarai pemerhatian anda

Balas topik ini