Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Suggestions forum > extra race start strategy option Tambah topik ini kepada senarai abai anda Tambah topik ini kepada senarai pemerhatian anda
Halaman [12 » Lompat ke halaman:
Pengarang Topik: extra race start strategy option 46 balasan
Jos Vidal
(Kumpulan Rookie - 237)

Kiriman: 479
  Negara:
Sepanyol 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (0)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (11)
Kiriman lama #1 dikirim Jun 13 2013, 13:43:36 (terakhir disunting Jun 13 2013, 13:44:29 oleh Jos Vidal) Sebut 
Firstly if this is indeed covered with the current options, then it wasn't the great idea I thought it may of been, which means it was not a good idea to be thinking of any other bad ideas...P

In the game engine I understand that the car will pit before it either runs out of fuel or when it's tyres are completely shot, or the weather conditions change

But i looked though the possible options but could not see an option to ask the team to do both simultanously, this is a seperate event from what is classed as a "technical problem" So if the car changes tyres and has half a tank of fuel left, you could if you had wished expressed your disire to change the boots at the same time or vice versa, I was actually thinking of going further and making it a decision of an "if but then" scenario

This is probably difficult to understand but I will try to give an example:

A car is fuelled with say 120 litres and new med boots

due to weather change the car comes into the pit to chance the rubber So before the race you could of had an option of if car is less than xx in tank then put xx litres of fuel when you pit and the obverse

if the car comes into fuel to change tyres if they are more than xx% worn

Hopefully that has explained my idea enough for it to be understood, if this is already a feature then plz explain how I can achieve what is set out here and if not let me know what you think honestly

right back to work before i'm spotted...P
cheers
Andrei Ciuchi
(Kumpulan Amateur - 57)

Krew GPRO
Kiriman: 21510
  Negara:
Romania 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (1)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #2 dikirim Jun 13 2013, 13:47:20 Sebut 
Quote ( Jos Vidal @ June 13th 2013,13:43:36 )

due to weather change the car comes into the pit to chance the rubber So before the race you could of had an option of if car is less than xx in tank then put xx litres of fuel when you pit and the obverse

Conditional strategy suggestions will only make things easier for everybody. Not a good reason for this to be implemented.
Vahid Puskarevic
(Kumpulan Pro - 19)

Kiriman: 309
  Negara:
Bosnia-Herzegovina 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (3)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (4)
Kiriman lama #3 dikirim Jun 13 2013, 14:02:22 Sebut 
When I stop for fuel, why wouldnt I change my tyres, when I can get new one? I didnt see the point of it...

And I was looking on some topics that are about suggestions to change something here, and this kind of topics always started rookies :D
Jonathan MacLean
(Kumpulan Master - 3)

Kiriman: 7142
  Negara:
Scotland 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (2)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #4 dikirim Jun 13 2013, 14:07:26 (terakhir disunting Jun 13 2013, 14:10:14 oleh Jonathan MacLean) Sebut 

This is already done.

For example. the lap before you pit, you have 60L, you want your fuel to be 80 after pit 1, you'll put 20L into the car during the pitstop. If however, you don't want to refuel then you can have a less fuel in that option, eg. You want to put 50L in but you have 90 in the car already, you won't refuel. Nor will you take fuel out.

That imo, is counter intuitive. Why would you want slower rubber on the car? I cannot see a benefit to it.

Quote ( Vahid Puskarevic @ June 13th 2013,14:02:22 )

And I was looking on some topics that are about suggestions to change something here, and this kind of topics always started rookies :D

It's normal for someone to first challenge a system and "fix it" to suit them, before they attempt to adapt to the system
Andrei Ciuchi
(Kumpulan Amateur - 57)

Krew GPRO
  Negara:
Romania 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (2)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (1)
Kiriman lama #5 dikirim Jun 13 2013, 14:07:39 (terakhir disunting Jun 13 2013, 14:07:52 oleh Andrei Ciuchi) Sebut 
It doesn't matter if it's a Rookie or someone else who suggests such a thing, Vahid ... Just saying.
Fran Betancort
(Kumpulan Amateur - 40)

Kiriman: 2945
  Negara:
Sepanyol 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (0)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #6 dikirim Jun 13 2013, 14:10:39 Sebut 
What I don´t understand is why someone would need to do what you suggest Jos, with the options we actually have you can cover a great amount of possibilities.
If you go to boxes what advantage do you get without changing tyres? None.
I don´t understand why you need the option of fuel as well, don´t see any profit with that.

Florencia Caro
(Kumpulan Master - 5)

Krew GPRO
Kiriman: 17152
  Negara:
Argentina 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (1)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #7 dikirim Jun 13 2013, 14:10:59 Sebut 
Ain't this conditional strategy change, José? Have you read this?

/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=22123&PostId=2851157#post2851157

Andrei is being very sweet with you as he has not closed the topic yet, when a very similar suggestion has been made few days ago and that thread is still open.

if this is already a feature then plz explain how I can achieve what is set out here

Race, José, race... after you race some more races you'll be more aware of the strategic options you have and how to set them to fit your ideas. But if you do not get some racing experience and keep asking for things to change because you still do not understand how things work, people won't listen to you or want to help you, they'll just ignore you.
Peter Willmore
(Kumpulan Amateur - 45)

Kiriman: 3616
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #8 dikirim Jun 13 2013, 14:14:40 Sebut 

Or you can work out if and how the weather affects fuel / setup etc and how long your wet tyres last , then use that as part of your strategy planning for changeable races.

I dont want to sound rude , its great you are being active on the forums but if you spent half as much time learning how the game works as you do coming up with ideas you would realise why alot of the ideas you have posted just aren't good ideas(they aren't awful either).
Its not that people dont like you because you are new as you have made out in previous posts, But i feel for a change to be implemented it has to be very good and if anything make it more difficult rather than making it easier :)
Lourence Erasmus
(Kumpulan Pro - 22)

Kiriman: 283
  Negara:
Afrika Selatan 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #9 dikirim Jun 13 2013, 14:28:08 Sebut 
Think of it this way....

Vlad and the GPRO team is the FIA and they can change the game/rules as they see fit. Then it's up to us to figure out how to make that work as best as possible. Same as in current F1 where the 2014 season will start with turbo engines and smaller front wings and such ;)

Who knows, maybe you will then be the next "Christian Horner" of the GPRO world :)
Jos Vidal
(Kumpulan Rookie - 237)

Negara:
Sepanyol 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (0)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (1)
Kiriman lama #10 dikirim Jun 13 2013, 15:19:27 Sebut 
Quote ( Andrei Ciuchi @ June 13th 2013,13:47:20 )

Conditional strategy suggestions will only make things easier for everybody. Not a good reason for this to be implemented.

why are you all so obsessed with making the game super hard?, ;-) anyway i guess for that reason you have a point

When I stop for fuel, why wouldnt I change my tyres, when I can get new one? I didnt see the point of it...

Well because the pitstop would take longer..i would suggest

Also just to point out that if the reverse was true ie tyres were worn, there would possibly be an additional negative if you refuel, and that is weight which slows you down etc..But I admit it only really works for one variable and not so much the other
Quote ( Jonathan MacLean @ June 13th 2013,14:07:26 )

This is already done.

For example. the lap before you pit, you have 60L, you want your fuel to be 80 after pit 1, you'll put 20L into the car during the pitstop. If however, you don't want to refuel then you can have a less fuel in that option, eg. You want to put 50L in but you have 90 in the car already, you won't refuel. Nor will you take fuel out.

maybe i am not understanding you right but to my knowledge that is not the same scenario?,

The car would not refuel unless the trigger is set of by the low value of the fuel variable, but it is in my example the tyre wear which has a low variable therefore , game engine would use the worn tyre trigger to renew the rubber, the fuel would not be touched unless it was at a critical level,..at least thatt was my thinking and understanding of how that works
Quote ( Florencia Caro @ June 13th 2013,14:10:59 )

Ain't this conditional strategy change, José? Have you read this?

/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=22123&PostId=2851157#post2851157

Yes I think that looks pretty similar to my idea hehe not certain though,

Aint? Florencia i thought you was from Argentina you should say

"Is it not" or isn't it , You sound more like how i speak here in the north of England... joke....nobody outside the Royals says "is it not" anymore.......

Quote ( Peter Willmore @ June 13th 2013,14:14:40 )

I dont want to sound rude , its great you are being active on the forums but if you spent half as much time learning how the game works as you do coming up with ideas you would realise why alot of the ideas you have posted just aren't good ideas(they aren't awful either).

No that is ok it is rude, but I have always been one to come up with ideas, sometimes liked sometimes not, at an old racing clan I was with F.O or flatout racing and made various suggestions about distribution of points and other ideas, all were taken on by the members, but sometimes is more difficult to impove an idea particuarly in light that it is somebody else creation

Well ok I understand you don't like it as in the main it makes things too easy, not sure if that is totally the case but I will defer..to the power of the members,,,,:-) btw in answering this the way you have done you have all given me a huge insight into wht is the best strategic objective, now what I need to do is calculate a way of doing so, not sure I may have double posted hopefully I wont have to explain thaat to Mr shadow....
Jos Vidal
(Kumpulan Rookie - 237)

Negara:
Sepanyol 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #11 dikirim Jun 13 2013, 15:23:34 Sebut 
Quote ( Jos Vidal @ June 13th 2013,15:19:27 )

No that is ok it is rude,

sorry me bad that was a typo, you prob all guessed it should read

]No that is ok it's NOT rude
Andrei Ciuchi
(Kumpulan Amateur - 57)

Krew GPRO
  Negara:
Romania 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #12 dikirim Jun 13 2013, 15:25:05 Sebut 
Jos ... what did I say about that Edit button? :)
Peter Willmore
(Kumpulan Amateur - 45)

Kiriman: 3616
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #13 dikirim Jun 13 2013, 15:28:13 Sebut 

Well i can see some reasons why you would not want to change the tyres.

For example there are circumstances where a tyre may last the whole race , but you dont have a fuel tank big enough.
In that case it may be beneficial to not change your tyres for a few reasons

I hope i am not wandering too much into the foby zone here, if so can it be censored :D
Nigel Hawken
(Kumpulan Rookie - 248)

Kiriman: 2071
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #14 dikirim Jun 13 2013, 15:30:28 Sebut 

nobody outside the Royals says "is it not" anymore.......

One finds that one is known to be in the habit on rather a regular occasion, is one not?

With respect to this suggestion, if it were implemented as suggested, then it does rather look as though it would be little more than a way of having many pit stops more than desirable, or it would be a way of forcing the driver to run on worn tyres. One fails to see the benefit of either.
Jos Vidal
(Kumpulan Rookie - 237)

Negara:
Sepanyol 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #15 dikirim Jun 13 2013, 15:31:22 Sebut 
Quote ( Andrei Ciuchi @ June 13th 2013,15:25:05 )

Jos ... what did I say about that Edit button? :)

right i gotta fly...sorry but i was also making a pot of tea, and the edit feature greyed out, so to correct the mistake I needed to follow on the post

sry about that, will a cherry on top, get me out of jail?
Edwin Silva
(Kumpulan Rookie - 112)

Kiriman: 2235
  Negara:
Colombia 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #16 dikirim Jun 13 2013, 15:33:29 Sebut 
Maybe I'm mistaken, but I think unless it is a splash and dash pit stop, changing tyres doesn't generally increase pit times, specially if the loaded fuel is, as suggested, high enough to cover at least half of the race.
Not that it matters. I don't agree with conditional pit stops anyways.
Jos Vidal
(Kumpulan Rookie - 237)

Negara:
Sepanyol 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #17 dikirim Jun 13 2013, 15:36:41 (terakhir disunting Jun 13 2013, 15:49:35 oleh Jos Vidal) Sebut 
Quote ( Nigel Hawken @ June 13th 2013,15:30:28 )

One finds that one is known to be in the habit on rather a regular occasion, is one not?

With respect to this suggestion, if it were implemented as suggested, then it does rather look as though it would be little more than a way of having many pit stops more than desirable, or it would be a way of forcing the driver to run on worn tyres. One fails to see the benefit of either.

You say whaa?

LOL i'm from the North and the South, and nobody speaks like that here. in the norf

It is an option a strategic action, If it was always to be of benefit to the driver, then for sure I already knew it would definateley, been shot up in flames, by this community, I never thought of it as giving an advantage every time otherwise even I would suggest it is a bad idea

Michael Jones
(Kumpulan Pro - 14)

Kiriman: 1387
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #18 dikirim Jun 13 2013, 15:54:27 (terakhir disunting Jun 13 2013, 15:59:12 oleh Michael Jones) Sebut 
JOS.

Youv"e played GPRO for what 3 weeks and you seem to be wanting a lot of changes to be made to suit how you want it to be instead of learning how to play it as it is.

I suggest you learn more about the game before you keep posting on threads about change and not listening to players that know more about the game.

You should work out your strategy so that you"ve only enough fuel to last until your tyres are ready to be replaced.
Tomek Kiełpiński
(Kumpulan Amateur - 3)

Kiriman: 5682
  Negara:
Poland 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #19 dikirim Jun 13 2013, 15:55:48 Sebut 

why are you all so obsessed with making the game super hard?

Because it's too easy? :-D
Sion Francis
(Kumpulan Elite)

Kiriman: 6613
  Negara:
Wales 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #20 dikirim Jun 13 2013, 15:57:34 (terakhir disunting Jun 13 2013, 15:58:22 oleh Sion Francis) Sebut 

it's a paradox - the easier this game is, the harder it is to be good at it. the harder it is, the more advantages you can find over the competition.

The game needs to be difficult so that good players can outplay the competition. Scope for errors need to exist in abundance and attempts to make those errors harder to make should generally be resisted as a matter of course.
Michael Winkley
(Kumpulan Elite)

Kiriman: 33335
  Negara:
Wales 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #21 dikirim Jun 13 2013, 16:40:54 Sebut 

Feel free to offer your opinions on the latest games console offerings... /gb/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=22171#scroll ;)

The current situation is that tyres ALWAYS get changed at a pit stop, and fuel NORMALLY gets added at a pit stop, with the only exception being where you already have more fuel in your tank than you have stipulated for that stint in your race strategy; fuel will NEVER be removed from your tank at a pit stop (imagine how long that would take).

Quote ( Edwin Silva @ June 13th 2013,15:33:29 )

changing tyres doesn't generally increase pit times

Changing tyres ALWAYS happens in pit stops, and there would be nothing precluding both being done at the same time...as is the case in real life; your pit stops in the lower levels will be almost entirely random in any event. ;)
Edwin Silva
(Kumpulan Rookie - 112)

Kiriman: 2235
  Negara:
Colombia 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #22 dikirim Jun 13 2013, 16:46:39 (terakhir disunting Jun 13 2013, 16:53:19 oleh Edwin Silva) Sebut 
Quote ( Michael Winkley @ June 13th 2013,16:40:54 )

Changing tyres ALWAYS happens in pit stops;)

I was meaning in real life. Sorry if my post wasn't unequivocal. I followed that sentence with another one referring to the game, so my bad :)

Edit: Feel free to edit my post to prevent it to be confusing.
Fran Betancort
(Kumpulan Amateur - 40)

Negara:
Sepanyol 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #23 dikirim Jun 13 2013, 17:04:11 (terakhir disunting Jun 13 2013, 17:05:10 oleh Fran Betancort) Sebut 

why are you obsessed trying to make it easier instead trying to learn?

Well because the pitstop would take longer..i would suggest

Do you see F1 races? How long does it take to change tyres? 2.5 seconds, and how long does it takes to refill fuel? More than 2.5 seconds, so, were is the advantage of not changing tyres?

you should say

"Is it not" or isn't it ,

Quote ( Jos Vidal @ June 13th 2013,15:36:41 )

You say whaa?

LOL i'm from the North and the South, and nobody speaks like that here. in the norf

They are not English but they do their best to answer you and they spend their time to answer you, so you should be a little bit more grateful.
Jos Vidal
(Kumpulan Rookie - 237)

Negara:
Sepanyol 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (0)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (3)
Kiriman lama #24 dikirim Jun 13 2013, 17:24:34 (terakhir disunting Jun 13 2013, 17:26:49 oleh Jos Vidal) Sebut 
Quote ( Fran Betancort @ June 13th 2013,17:04:11 )

why are you obsessed trying to make it easier instead trying to learn?

Oh I have learnt quite a bit already thank you, The idea as iv'e stated over and over was NOT to make the game easier (if you knew me you would know that), but to add versatility and variety and realism

Do you see F1 races? How long does it take to change tyres? 2.5 seconds, and how long does it takes to refill fuel? More than 2.5 seconds, so, were is the advantage of not changing tyres?

I have already noticed that the idea only eeffectivley works for one of the variables

yes changing tyres is far quicker so what about if it is the tyres that a worn, this option would allow the player to add fuel if they so wish ,which takes longer....besides this is NOT F1

They are not English but they do their best to answer you and they spend their time to answer you, so you should be a little bit more grateful.

I think you will find that, comment was meant as a joke? by somebody who is English,, please if you don't understand don't be accusing others

cheers
Fran Betancort
(Kumpulan Amateur - 40)

Negara:
Sepanyol 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #25 dikirim Jun 13 2013, 17:35:06 Sebut 
Quote ( Jos Vidal @ June 13th 2013,17:24:34 )

I think you will find that, comment was meant as a joke? by somebody who is English,, please if you don't understand don't be accusing others

I´m not accusing, what I say is that it is rude to correct other players in a forum when they post in a language which is not their main language, even if you are joking, because they use their time to answer and help you.
Jaime Elizondo
(Kumpulan Amateur - 29)

Kiriman: 1457
  Negara:
Mexico 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #26 dikirim Jun 13 2013, 17:44:36 Sebut 
Ok, so the game has been like this for like 7 years? If I'm not wrong (I have only been here a while) strategy hasn't changed a lot or nothing since the beggining of the game, so i'm sure a lot of "improvement" has been asked and proposed in terms of strategy selection, but to my view there's a reason why it has kept the same for 36 seasons.

People are happy with the system, it brings enough variety and in lottery races we have surprises from time to time.
Tomek Kiełpiński
(Kumpulan Amateur - 3)

Kiriman: 5682
  Negara:
Poland 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #27 dikirim Jun 13 2013, 17:44:50 Sebut 

Before you start joking of someone else grammar and vocabulary, double check your posts. I see a plenty of errors in your post. You have to work harder on punctuation.

PS. Just a joke. And don't say it isn't funny.
Ste Hill
(Kumpulan Rookie - 247)

Kiriman: 57
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #28 dikirim Jun 13 2013, 18:05:27 Sebut 
Yes, master the weather and pit strategies for tyre changes and then you can decide if your plan requires fuel adding as well as pitting for a tech prob,where tyres will be changed to a new set anyway,I'm new too and no expert but check out my race at canada where people have been heard saying things like 'its a great example for any youngsters watching....'
I add the fuel if pitting for tech probs
Ste Hill
(Kumpulan Rookie - 247)

Kiriman: 57
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #29 dikirim Jun 13 2013, 18:09:42 Sebut 
That joke wasnt funny although I found it most ironic!
I skipped past the grammar check posts was surprised to see those last few comments after had noticed a few mistakes in the early ones lol
Mikko Heikkinen
(Kumpulan Master - 4)

Kiriman: 12503
  Negara:
Finland 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (3)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #30 dikirim Jun 13 2013, 18:23:59 Sebut 

The idea as iv'e stated over and over was NOT to make the game easier (if you knew me you would know that),

But it would.

Which leads to think...

Oh I have learnt quite a bit already thank you

As well as that might be, there is also the chance of "not enough".

If I may, I'd suggest (with all good intentions) a bit more familiarizing of the current system, what option it gives you and how to use them before suggesting things which could change things quite a drastically (make things easier)

I think I'm onto something when I say that 4 races experience doesn't necessarily give a full and complete "picture" of how things work, which strategy options it provides and how much depth is achieved with such an elegantly simple seeming system.

Sure, sometimes relatively new people can have some good ideas, but most often it does require proper familiarizing with the current systems. After all, how can one really suggest an improvement if one doesn't know the the present situation well enough.

It can be difficult to see the full effects a suggestion might have if one doesn't have a sufficient comprehension of current system. (As in this case making things easier)

That being said, I'm not trying to discourage you from making suggestions, all I'm saying is that there will be times when people point out the effects you might not have thought about.

This is with all the best intentions.
Halaman [12 » Lompat ke halaman:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Suggestions forum > extra race start strategy option Tambah topik ini kepada senarai abai anda Tambah topik ini kepada senarai pemerhatian anda

Balas topik ini