Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Suggestions forum > Realistic change to tyre wear behaviour Tambah topik ini kepada senarai abai anda Tambah topik ini kepada senarai pemerhatian anda
Halaman « 1 [2 Lompat ke halaman:
Pengarang Topik: Realistic change to tyre wear behaviour 57 balasan
Roland Postle10
(Kumpulan Elite)

Kiriman: 1855
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (0)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #31 dikirim Mei 10 2014, 00:18:30 Sebut 
To be fair this thread is head and shoulders above some of the other suggestions
Phil Maunder
(Kumpulan Pro - 12)

Kiriman: 10003
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #32 dikirim Mei 10 2014, 00:28:46 Sebut 
Oh good grief!

Well.... better than duck jokes at least
Mark Wright
(Kumpulan Pro - 4)

Kiriman: 8829
  Negara:
Scotland 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (1)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #33 dikirim Mei 10 2014, 00:28:56 (terakhir disunting Mei 10 2014, 00:30:54 oleh Mark Wright) Sebut 
Quote ( Phil Maunder @ May 10th 2014,00:00:47 )

I didn't interpret that way... I read it that if XS tyres do xxx km & Soft tyres do xxx + y% km then lets change it so it varies (I think from race to race). I think like in real F1 races where sometimes the option tyre is just as durable as the prime, or then other tracks it's a lot less. Although in real F1 the option tyre is always soft, sometimes it's super soft. Sometimes the prime tyre is the Hard other times it's the medium..... bleh - complicated lol

More variables erm no thanks.

Quote ( Phil Maunder @ May 10th 2014,00:28:46 )

Well.... better than duck jokes at least

How do you get down off a horse?

You don't get down off a horse... you get down off a duck.
Phil Maunder
(Kumpulan Pro - 12)

Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #34 dikirim Mei 10 2014, 00:36:54 Sebut 
Christ.....

worst thing is it actually took me a while to get that one :D
Mark Wright
(Kumpulan Pro - 4)

Kiriman: 8829
  Negara:
Scotland 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #35 dikirim Mei 10 2014, 00:39:48 Sebut 
rofl. No comment but at least you got that I'm still struggling with this suggestion!
Phil Maunder
(Kumpulan Pro - 12)

Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #36 dikirim Mei 10 2014, 00:44:36 (terakhir disunting Mei 10 2014, 00:45:36 oleh Phil Maunder) Sebut 
Yes, maybe Vidal wishes he could have remained discreet anD ANNONEmous

Cha-Ching

Bosh

Get in
Roland Postle10
(Kumpulan Elite)

Kiriman: 1855
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #37 dikirim Mei 10 2014, 00:50:52 Sebut 
To get down off a duck the Old Spice guy just announces he's on a horse
Jos Vidal
(Kumpulan Amateur - 88)

Kiriman: 479
  Negara:
Sepanyol 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (1)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (1)
Kiriman lama #38 dikirim Mei 10 2014, 03:44:49 (terakhir disunting Mei 10 2014, 03:47:39 oleh Jos Vidal) Sebut 

Now the OP says (or at least I think he says) that it is just a thought & no reason not to suggest it - which is fine - but when you leave it to other people to argue the pro's as well as the cons then the question 'why implement it' is just left with nobody to answer it.

It shouldn't matter who brings a suggestion idea, etc, to the table, regardless of whether even the OP believes it is a worthwhile suggestion or not or even who they be and whether they may actully be completely new to the game, The worthiness and benefits or disadvantages and negatives etc should still be analysed on it's worth, not wether the person posting it has a conving enough argument, that's my thoughts

does it improve in the game engine

Err well you can't expect mere mortals to understand whether their suggestion would have positive impact on the game engine, we are don't have for the most part, programming knowledge and specifically programming related solely to this game

Like it or not that can sometimes create the perfect situation for ideas to be rejected almost as protocol

then lets change it so it varies (I think from race to race).

Not as radical as that! lol, maybe 1 time per season. or create a range of wear rates where each tyre could reach say 5-10% either way of it's current rate, and gradually reach those limits

There are negatives I know and the practicality of making it possible is questionable but about the biggest imo positive would be it makes the game a greater challenge, whether people approve of the manner in which the game would be more challenging is another question entirely, though many will ignore it because they cannot understand the explanation , or simply have language barrier problems which to me is understandable given the international scope of players.
Rodrigo Bellinvia
(Kumpulan Rookie - 327)

Kiriman: 548
  Negara:
Argentina 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (2)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #39 dikirim Mei 10 2014, 04:14:35 Sebut 
Quote ( Jos Vidal @ May 10th 2014,03:44:49 )

It shouldn't matter who brings a suggestion idea, etc, to the table, regardless of whether even the OP believes it is a worthwhile suggestion or not or even who they be and whether they may actully be completely new to the game, The worthiness and benefits or disadvantages and negatives etc should still be analysed on it's worth, not wether the person posting it has a conving enough argument, that's my thoughts

But he's not questioning who brings it to the table but rather how it is.

Err well you can't expect mere mortals to understand whether their suggestion would have positive impact on the game engine, we are don't have for the most part, programming knowledge and specifically programming related solely to this game

It isn't a matter of programming knowledge or not, it's common sense. Does it improve the gameplay aspect of game? Do you have to change any other aspects of it if you change this little thing?

There are negatives I know and the practicality of making it possible is questionable but about the biggest imo positive would be it makes the game a greater challenge, whether people approve of the manner in which the game would be more challenging is another question entirely, though many will ignore it because they cannot understand the explanation , or simply have language barrier problems which to me is understandable given the international scope of players.

Now, again, it would totally make things a lot different if said change actually happens. Let me explain what's going through my mind right now:

(I'm probably wrong anyway)

The way it works right now, each compound last around an X amount of KM, and that varies when you throw variables into the formula. X is a constant, the variables are other things that, redundant enough, vary each race. This way you will always have some sort of control and you can predict certain scenarios with a bunch of old data.

Now let's think what happens if X is a variable that changes it's value each season, think of how that would affect the game itself and think how we would have to adapt to said change: do you think the current methods of data collecting would be effective? Do you think there should be another change regarding how data is collected in this game too in order to balance this change? Why not? Should we have those X values cycle through a table or make them generate different values each season?

Mind you, that's what I thought when I read your idea. It could be that I'm seeing something you don't (which can happen for sure :P )
Jos Vidal
(Kumpulan Amateur - 88)

Kiriman: 479
  Negara:
Sepanyol 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #40 dikirim Mei 10 2014, 07:53:24 Sebut 
Quote ( Rodrigo Bellinvia @ May 10th 2014,04:14:35 )

But he's not questioning who brings it to the table but rather how it is.

that's my point base reaction on the idea not on how the reasoning/argument is carried out, or who made the suggestion

It isn't a matter of programming knowledge or not, it's common sense. Does it improve the gameplay aspect of game? Do you have to change any other aspects of it if you change this little thing?

Really this is not implied?

does it improve in the game engine
..So why would it be associated to the game engine?

think of how that would affect the game itself and think how we would have to adapt to said change: do you think the current methods of data collecting would be effective?

Yeah it would make it more difficult but the methods would still work
However like i referred to I now think the negatives outway the pros

The other points here though are still relative though as they are relevant to ideas in general not just this one
Andrey Baydin
(Kumpulan Rookie - 76)

Kiriman: 2087
  Negara:
Federasi Russia 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #41 dikirim Mei 10 2014, 08:08:23 Sebut 
I if wasnt a newcomer...
I would have said that the current methods of data collecting or current data becoming ineffective/outdated is seen by many people as a nightmare, and the old data/methods are seen as a holy grail.
While this is actually questionable, or so it might become in the future, lets say after season 99, would you still think we should use the old data and methods without changing anything?

...but I am.
So nevermind :)
Michael Winkley
(Kumpulan Elite)

Kiriman: 33335
  Negara:
Wales 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (4)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #42 dikirim Mei 10 2014, 10:55:34 Sebut 
I have a great suggestion. I'm not really going to tell you what it is, or why it is such a great suggestion. I'm not even going to tell you exactly how I think it could be implemented, or some of the consequences of its implementation. I will leave it over to you to discuss the pros and cons of my great suggestion, as I shouldn't really have to convince you of its greatness. However, I will defend my suggestion vehemently.

Discuss.
Kevin Parkinson
(Kumpulan Pro - 22)

Krew GPRO
Kiriman: 14356
  Negara:
Scotland 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #43 dikirim Mei 10 2014, 11:09:36 (terakhir disunting Mei 10 2014, 11:10:39 oleh Kevin Parkinson) Sebut 
What do we want? Change!

Why do you want it? Meh, just because :/

---

Just a quick reminder of the Suggestion Forum guidelines...

Quote ( Gordon Ashford @ July 17th 2009,22:14:46 )

GRPO Crew

Whilst all suggestions are welcomed by the GPRO Crew and Admins, we request that you follow the following points before starting your suggestion thread.

1. Take a look at the GPRO Wiki, and specifically the Common Suggestions page (http://wiki.gpro.se/index.php/Common_Suggestions_%26_Ideas) to see if your idea has been suggested in some form before, and then post in the appropriate thread if you wish.

2. Perform a quick forum search (http://www.gpro.se/forum/Search.asp) of the Suggestions Forum looking for any of the key words for your idea (car, driver, fuel etc).

3. As a general rule, Suggestion threads don't really need a poll. The poll will be answered by people who might not read the thread and could lead to less discussion.

4. Try and explain your idea as clearly as you can, explaining why it would improve an area of the game. If possible explain where the current situation is limited and show how your idea could improve that problem.

5. Please be open to other managers opinions, as there could be scenarios that you had not thought of or encountered before.

6. Please don't be offended if your thread is closed and a link shown to where your idea has been discussed before.

7. When posting in someone elses suggestion thread, please try to explain why you think the idea is either good or bad, posts such as "+1", "No", "Good/Bad Idea" are not overly helpful and do not add to the discussion.
Fran Betancort
(Kumpulan Pro - 22)

Kiriman: 2945
  Negara:
Sepanyol 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #44 dikirim Mei 10 2014, 12:34:53 Sebut 
Quote ( Michael Winkley @ May 10th 2014,10:55:34 )

I have a great suggestion. I'm not really going to tell you what it is, or why it is such a great suggestion. I'm not even going to tell you exactly how I think it could be implemented, or some of the consequences of its implementation. I will leave it over to you to discuss the pros and cons of my great suggestion, as I shouldn't really have to convince you of its greatness. However, I will defend my suggestion vehemently.

Best idea ever Winkley, I don´t know what Stefan is waiting for to implement it :D
Phil Maunder
(Kumpulan Pro - 12)

Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #45 dikirim Mei 10 2014, 12:43:54 Sebut 
Quote ( Michael Winkley @ May 10th 2014,10:55:34 )

Can you do a forum search before posting please, that suggestion has been made before..... lots of times....
David Evans
(Kumpulan Rookie - 127)

Kiriman: 210
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #46 dikirim Jun 9 2020, 21:38:00 Sebut 
Just to bolt on to this OP, I was wondering, what is the point in the game engine highlighting ‘b’ for very high tyre wear when there are literally no negative effects to it?

ive got drivers in my race still driving fastest laps with very high tyre wear.

surely the game should ensure that anyone that runs their tyres that long should be driving much slower and be more prone to mistakes due to next to no grip? Otherwise, what is that point of highlighting very high wear?

it would be great if someone could come in with a reasonable explanation.

Constantin Heller
(Kumpulan Retired)

Kiriman: 2462
  Negara:
Jerman 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #47 dikirim Jun 9 2020, 21:42:22 Sebut 
Quote ( David Evans @ June 9th 2020,21:38:00 )

ive got drivers in my race still driving fastest laps with very high tyre wear.

I'll give you a hint, it's not the worn tires making your car faster, it's due to another factor that may come in shortly before a pit stop.
Andy Goodall
(Kumpulan Amateur - 24)

Kiriman: 356
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #48 dikirim Jun 9 2020, 21:43:08 Sebut 
There are ways to negate the tyre degrade effect
Tibor Szuromi
(Kumpulan Pro - 20)

Kiriman: 11906
  Negara:
Hungary 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #49 dikirim Jun 9 2020, 21:54:21 Sebut 
@David Evans (R127) I don't understand what you mean? For tire wear (1-5) values on racetracks? These refer to the "roughness" of the asphalt. This is one of the determinants.

Toni Kazanjyan
(Kumpulan Amateur - 59)

Kiriman: 277
  Negara:
Belgium 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #50 dikirim Jun 9 2020, 21:54:51 Sebut 
i have not yet started to train my staff or upgrading my facilities, but really hope that they will play some rolls in the tyre wear , parts wear as well .

otherwise it seems like waste of money— just for transfer testing point into car character point —

David Evans
(Kumpulan Rookie - 127)

Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #51 dikirim Jun 9 2020, 21:57:37 Sebut 
What I’m really saying are more penalties should be incurred for allowing tyres to get that low. 2 seconds per lap slower as a base point, more prone to sliding off the track due to low grip the longer they stay out on high wear.

none of happens but should IMO. Not just about the speed.

some would say it would ruin the game but it’s part of the game to set up tyres to run so far before changing Based on race distance, temp etc. If they are worn, there should be more to it than just inputting a boost lap (which shouldn’t exist) or upping risk to negate tyres (which should in turn increase likeliness of accidents.
Mike Bennett
(Kumpulan Pro - 12)

Kiriman: 1674
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #52 dikirim Jun 9 2020, 22:00:36 Sebut 
Quote ( Toni Kazanjyan @ June 9th 2020,21:54:51 )

i have not yet started to train my staff or upgrading my facilities, but really hope that they will play some rolls in the tyre wear , parts wear as well .

otherwise it seems like waste of money— just for transfer testing point into car character point —

"prêcher le faux pour savoir le vrai"
Jay De Snoo
(Kumpulan Master - 3)

Kiriman: 928
  Negara:
Belanda 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #53 dikirim Jun 9 2020, 22:02:03 (terakhir disunting Jun 9 2020, 22:03:10 oleh Jay De Snoo) Sebut 
Quote ( David Evans @ June 9th 2020,21:57:37 )

What I’m really saying are more penalties should be incurred for allowing tyres to get that low. 2 seconds per lap slower as a base point, more prone to sliding off the track due to low grip the longer they stay out on high wear.

Don't worry. It will be more close to that once you advance the game levels. Not with the first B shown (which is at 21%) and tyres are still good then. But going over another percentage will certainly and increasingly show

Mikołaj Dudek
(Kumpulan Pro - 8)

Kiriman: 15
  Negara:
Poland 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (3)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #54 dikirim Jun 9 2020, 22:03:39 (terakhir disunting Jun 9 2020, 22:04:11 oleh Mikołaj Dudek) Sebut 

There are penalties to your pace. Try going to 4th or 5th B lap and you'll see it yourself

David Evans
(Kumpulan Rookie - 127)

Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #55 dikirim Jun 9 2020, 22:06:21 Sebut 
Quote ( Jay De Snoo @ June 9th 2020,22:02:03 )

Don't worry. It will be more close to that once you advance the game levels. Not with the first B shown (which is at 21%) and tyres are still good then. But going over another percentage will certainly and increasingly show

appreciate that. Basically in rookie, you get away with just about anything a long as the driver is half decent.... personally still think it should be the same effect whether your in elite or rookie.
Toni Kazanjyan
(Kumpulan Amateur - 59)

Kiriman: 277
  Negara:
Belgium 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #56 dikirim Jun 9 2020, 22:21:54 Sebut 
Quote ( Jay De Snoo @ June 9th 2020,22:02:03 )

"prêcher le faux pour savoir le vrai"

we will keep doing that , it’s not the first time you do the same comment to me .

the only different ( you use the french )

if this is. a joke .. ( bravooo )))

if not , i want to know if we have problem , or something
Stéphane Rombaux
(Kumpulan Amateur - 18)

Kiriman: 248
  Negara:
Belgium 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #57 dikirim Jun 9 2020, 22:28:36 (terakhir disunting Jun 9 2020, 22:29:46 oleh Stéphane Rombaux) Sebut 
Already in rookie, just try to push your tires to the limit and you'll notice it easily. Once your tires enter the last quarter of their life, you'll feel progressively more effect on your pace (that's what the B is for).
Take into account that cars are lighter and maybe your opponents use boost laps late on their stint. You'll also be able to estimate those factors :)
Jay De Snoo
(Kumpulan Master - 3)

Kiriman: 928
  Negara:
Belanda 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #58 dikirim Jun 9 2020, 22:30:47 (terakhir disunting Jun 9 2020, 22:40:46 oleh Jay De Snoo) Sebut 
Quote ( David Evans @ June 9th 2020,22:06:21 )

appreciate that. Basically in rookie, you get away with just about anything a long as the driver is half decent.... personally still think it should be the same effect whether your in elite or rookie.

Tyre wise it certainly is ALREADY. The real difference in upper levels is that everything is much more equal (driver, car, staff) so gaps between managers are much more close. Then you have the different tyre brands. But they all show B first time at 21%..

In lower levels it's MUCH more diverted. A good driver here and to a lesser extend car (PHA matching), can easily overcome worn tyre differences of a lesser driver (or car) due to tyre wear.

EDIT: typos + in lower levels it is just much more about the driver. In ama car turns into play too. In pro+ different tyre brands and TD as well (although the latter has nothing to do with tyre wear)

Halaman « 1 [2 Lompat ke halaman:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Suggestions forum > Realistic change to tyre wear behaviour Tambah topik ini kepada senarai abai anda Tambah topik ini kepada senarai pemerhatian anda

Balas topik ini