Halaman [1
Pengarang Topik: End of season car wear 27 balasan
Andrew Massey
(Kumpulan Amateur - 55)

Kiriman: 1128
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (5)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (37)
Kiriman lama #1 dikirim Dis 7 2014, 23:10:36 Sebut 
My suggestion is you should have to pay for all car wear after race 17.

Example

Say you have a level 6 chassis which costs $3mill, and your chassis has worn 25% by the end of the season. You should then have to pay $750k in chassis wear. The same applies for all your car parts.

The reasons for suggesting this is to help stop so many car smokers near the end of the season. It may also improve season planning and make it a little more interesting. For those managers that decide to miss race 17 (to save on car wear), maybe we could increase the income for doing all races from $5mill to $10mill?
Mark Witney
(Kumpulan Pro - 4)

Kiriman: 1873
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (1)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #2 dikirim Dis 7 2014, 23:14:04 Sebut 
So you're basically suggesting an end of season fine for EVERY manager?
Constantin Heller
(Kumpulan Rookie - 32)

Kiriman: 2462
  Negara:
Jerman 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #3 dikirim Dis 7 2014, 23:14:34 Sebut 
You did realize that this would be bad for everyone as everyone has wear after the last race? That would be one expensive addition to the game...
El-Rahim Jaffer
(Kumpulan Rookie - 201)

Kiriman: 1317
  Negara:
Kanada 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (0)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #4 dikirim Dis 7 2014, 23:15:21 (terakhir disunting Dis 7 2014, 23:16:09 oleh El-Rahim Jaffer) Sebut 
I like the fact that people smoke the last few races...so I would say no.

Plus some us of plan that we make the most use of our car parts so we shouldn't get penalized for that.

Mind you, it's not a horrible idea but it also goes against those that can manage their parts well!
Christoph Seifriedsberger
(Kumpulan Master - 5)

Kiriman: 6825
  Negara:
Austria 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (4)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #5 dikirim Dis 7 2014, 23:18:33 Sebut 
Quote ( Andrew Massey @ December 7th 2014,23:10:36 )

It may also improve season planning and make it a little more interesting.

One of your reasons is to improve season planning, but ultimately this is punishing those who plan well by still racing the last race and having planned well enough to have high wear on most parts to get out the most of it.

So for this reason alone I don't personally agree with it.

And to be honest, I don't see why you have a problem with it if lots of others are smoking in the last race, because it actually just means it's easier for you to get a decent result by actually racing.
Jukka Sireni2
(Kumpulan Master - 1)

Krew GPRO
Kiriman: 3870
  Negara:
Finland 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #6 dikirim Dis 7 2014, 23:18:48 Sebut 

It may also improve season planning and make it a little more interesting.

It would make it a lot less interesting. Then it wouldn't matter at all how much wear you had left in the car. If you had little, you would have just spent a lot for updating and if you had a lot, you would pay a lot but on the other hand you wouldn't have other expenses lately. Now it's a challenge to get all the parts to go close to 99% at the same time.
Josh Clark
(Kumpulan Rookie - 220)

Kiriman: 6667
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #7 dikirim Dis 7 2014, 23:22:02 Sebut 
People smoke the end of the season to save money. So surely you should be offering a different method of saving money rather than both removing the opportunity to save money AND THEN fining managers...
Gabi Damian
(Kumpulan Master - 3)

Kiriman: 329
  Negara:
Romania 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #8 dikirim Dis 7 2014, 23:30:06 (terakhir disunting Dis 7 2014, 23:30:19 oleh Gabi Damian) Sebut 
Worst idea ever!

For example, a level 6 car update cost over about $44m. If you finish the race with 25% average wear, will have to pay $11m (that's more than the race income, sometimes, even in Master).
But most people that don't smoke in the final races, plan to maximize the wear. 25% average wear after race 17 is highly optimistic.

With such a fine, will see lots of relegation due to negative balance. :)

Andreas Ramann
(Kumpulan Amateur - 97)

Kiriman: 806
  Negara:
Estonia 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (2)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #9 dikirim Dis 7 2014, 23:33:11 Sebut 
This could make things really different, and I really like it as it is right now. It could make things worse not better. Like in real life, you start with new parts every season, you wouldn't start with last year's engine and such. And those who know how to save money, then this could make a big impact to them... so no.
Jed Lilly
(Kumpulan Pro - 23)

Kiriman: 21446
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #10 dikirim Dis 7 2014, 23:34:19 Sebut 
I would be horrifically bankrupt if this idea came into play, so thumbs down.
Gasper Mozek
(Kumpulan Amateur - 72)

Kiriman: 327
  Negara:
Slovenia 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #11 dikirim Dis 7 2014, 23:34:26 (terakhir disunting Dis 7 2014, 23:42:25 oleh Gasper Mozek) Sebut 
Still alive Massey? Was quite sure that schizo already nailed you to the wall. But here you are. Here. You. Are. Im totally on your side thoo, just try to keep this suggestions to yourself, otherwise there will be no black livery from me. :)
Martin Warnett
(Kumpulan Rookie - 87)

Kiriman: 1054
  Negara:
Wales 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #12 dikirim Dis 7 2014, 23:41:17 Sebut 
So financially penalise anybody whose car parts are > 0% at the end of the season, or force people to either weaken their car by downgrading or force them to spend money replacing parts.

Yeah, I can see that one working.
Mehdi El Fathy
(Kumpulan Amateur - 66)

Kiriman: 5056
  Negara:
Maghribi 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #13 dikirim Dis 8 2014, 10:42:57 Sebut 

maybe we could increase the income for doing all races from $5mill to $10mill?

Remember the income is given to anyone that has literally qualified to every races.
It's not because you won't finish a race that you won't have these 5M.
Kshitij Sharma
(Kumpulan Rookie - 381)

Kiriman: 2740
  Negara:
India 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (1)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (3)
Kiriman lama #14 dikirim Dis 8 2014, 10:53:03 Sebut 
Another idea maybe the wear and parts we should have should continue till next season so if I have to buy a engine last race my money is not wasted
Fran Betancort
(Kumpulan Amateur - 66)

Kiriman: 2945
  Negara:
Sepanyol 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (3)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #15 dikirim Dis 8 2014, 10:59:01 (terakhir disunting Dis 8 2014, 10:59:53 oleh Fran Betancort) Sebut 
Quote ( Kshitij Sharma @ December 8th 2014,10:53:03 )

Another idea maybe the wear and parts we should have should continue till next season so if I have to buy a engine last race my money is not wasted

That´s against planning, if you plan you get most of the parts used nearly a max at the end of the season, if you don´t plan you just buy parts whenever you need them. This idea benefits the "lazy" managers, so it´s a no.

And about the main idea of the topic, many other have already pointed out the cons, if you have a whole new car for last race, you pay the new car for just one race wear, plus the wear of that race. It´s a punishment to ALL managers, wich also doesn´t fix any problem but creates a few ones.
Kitriche Pahati
(Kumpulan Pro - 23)

Kiriman: 958
  Negara:
Filipina 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (2)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #16 dikirim Dis 8 2014, 11:01:48 Sebut 
nominate this for worst suggestions by this season.
Michael Jones
(Kumpulan Amateur - 34)

Kiriman: 1386
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (0)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (1)
Kiriman lama #17 dikirim Dis 8 2014, 11:02:56 Sebut 
Quote ( Kshitij Sharma @ December 8th 2014,10:53:03 )

If you promote you keep your parts level and 0% wear for new season so why would you want the wear carried over?

If you stay in rookie all money and parts get reset anyway.

Just because you have not grasp of the game yet ,you want to change it again.
Ivan Silva
(Kumpulan Amateur - 64)

Kiriman: 5069
  Negara:
Portugal 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #18 dikirim Dis 8 2014, 13:37:15 Sebut 
weird as this may seem I actually like this idea... Not that I like to have higher costs but it would definitely be interesting to control budgets with this kind of feature aswell... Probably people would downgrade parts in last race (or buy new parts) and cause start crashes on purpose to not wear the car, at least thats what I would do...
Martin Warnett
(Kumpulan Rookie - 87)

Negara:
Wales 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #19 dikirim Dis 8 2014, 13:39:49 Sebut 
Quote ( Ivan Silva @ December 8th 2014,13:37:15 )

weird as this may seem I actually like this idea... Not that I like to have higher costs but it would definitely be interesting to control budgets with this kind of feature aswell... Probably people would downgrade parts in last race (or buy new parts) and cause start crashes on purpose to not wear the car, at least thats what I would do...

So somebody just promoted to amateur gets points the first race, secures their position then start crashes the next 16 races...
Ivan Silva
(Kumpulan Amateur - 64)

Kiriman: 5069
  Negara:
Portugal 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #20 dikirim Dis 8 2014, 13:42:58 Sebut 
If they choose to do so, but that is ilogical... I mean 1 start crash on purpose, i dont think I've ever seen 16 consecutive start crashed ever in gpro :D
Martin Warnett
(Kumpulan Rookie - 87)

Negara:
Wales 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #21 dikirim Dis 8 2014, 13:46:13 Sebut 
Quote ( Ivan Silva @ December 8th 2014,13:42:58 )

If they choose to do so, but that is ilogical... I mean 1 start crash on purpose, i dont think I've ever seen 16 consecutive start crashed ever in gpro :D

Theoretically possible tho; which would mean wear preserved from the first race so should dependent on a number of factors last another 2 or so races.

There's just no point to maintaining wear across seasons. Thinking logically, what team irl would do that? It's sensible enough that the wear gets reset as new parts of the same level would be fitted for the new season.

Penalising everybody for no benefit whatsoever is punitive.
Tibor Szuromi
(Kumpulan Pro - 14)

Kiriman: 11906
  Negara:
Hungary 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #22 dikirim Dis 8 2014, 14:02:20 Sebut 
new year ÷ new car
Kenny Ng
(Kumpulan Rookie - 338)

Kiriman: 227
  Negara:
Singapura 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (4)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #23 dikirim Dis 8 2014, 14:05:34 Sebut 
I don't see the point in this.

Realistically, you build a new car each season (hopefully) to be more competitive on the grid. So wear should be zero.

In GPRO terms, why penalise those who plan better?
Kevin Mcferrin
(Kumpulan Amateur - 67)

Kiriman: 1792
  Negara:
Amerika Syarikat 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #24 dikirim Dis 9 2014, 17:48:41 Sebut 
Quote ( Fran Betancort @ December 8th 2014,10:59:01 )

That´s against planning, if you plan you get most of the parts used nearly a max at the end of the season, if you don´t plan you just buy parts whenever you need them. This idea benefits the "lazy" managers, so it´s a no.

Agreed.

After race 17 this season about half of my parts should be over 90% wear, and the others will all be around 70%. Why should someone who plans to maximize use of car parts (i.e., not waste money by buying new parts in the last race) be penalized for their good planning? Conversely, why should someone who spends a ton of money on parts in the last race be "rewarded" for doing so? This makes no sense at all.
Mark Wright
(Kumpulan Pro - 4)

Kiriman: 8829
  Negara:
Scotland 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #25 dikirim Dis 9 2014, 17:52:09 Sebut 
Did this come out just before the Oscars as a bet?

Sorry Andrew your idea would simply punish those who plan best and reward those who don't. Likewise it takes no account of randoms and could actually result in someone demoting because of it. Oh and this would simply reward the rich and punish the poor(er).

No thanks mate.
Noel McAvena
(Kumpulan Amateur - 114)

Kiriman: 29
  Negara:
Kanada 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (0)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (1)
Kiriman lama #26 dikirim Dis 9 2014, 18:31:50 Sebut 
It is obvious that all these people saying real life teams start each season with an all new car have never worked on or been around a real race team... also the off season re-builds that do happen CERTAINLY impact the budget in real life as well.

Feel free to debate the end of season parts reset from a game standpoint, but know that there is DEFINATELY no magic new season car in real life. Yes my car will be shiny and look nicer in the spring, and this year its getting a new engine, but the electronics are all the same, the cooling system is the same, and only the regular wear items in our suspension are being replaced. My wife will be happy to tell you that the engine DEFINATELY was not free.
Gabi Damian
(Kumpulan Master - 3)

Kiriman: 329
  Negara:
Romania 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #27 dikirim Dis 9 2014, 23:00:58 Sebut 
Still, I doubt that the new engine will only last 3 races. :)
Noel McAvena
(Kumpulan Amateur - 114)

Kiriman: 29
  Negara:
Kanada 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #28 dikirim Dis 9 2014, 23:03:05 Sebut 
You are right, we will probably refresh the valvetrain after the first one... but our races are 24-36hours so its not exactly apples to apples.
Halaman [1

Balas topik ini