Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > General forum > Tyre Suppliers attribute changes Tambah topik ini kepada senarai abai anda Tambah topik ini kepada senarai pemerhatian anda
Halaman « 1 2 [3 Lompat ke halaman:
Pengarang Topik: Tyre Suppliers attribute changes 67 balasan
Tibor Szuromi
(Kumpulan Amateur - 1)

Kiriman: 11906
  Negara:
Hungary 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (0)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #61 dikirim Apr 16 2024, 17:59:16 Sebut 
@Dale Schipper (A17) "constant change for the sake of change becomes just as frustrating as stagnation." <------- That's the point; I totally agree with that.
Vicente Rocha
(Kumpulan Master - 4)

Kiriman: 98
  Negara:
Portugal 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (1)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #62 dikirim Apr 16 2024, 18:02:45 Sebut 
Quote ( Mark Pinnick @ April 16th 2024,17:19:03 )

Ultimately, the thought that 31% of managers choose Dunno's at $2.5m but only 8% choose Conti's at $3m ought to be reflected somehow. The populus is saying that the difference in tyre attributes is not worth 500k per race; so you should make Conti's more attractive, or Dunno's less so - whether that's by price or other means.

Some tyres are designed as all-purpose, others are specifically tailored to certain situations or packages. Letting a pre-determined formula take care of tyre changes will just make things converge to an all-purpose solution eventually. I don't think this is the way, nor the admin's intentions. On top of that, changes would become predictable too, negating the entire purpose of this suggestion.

I like the idea of making small price and/or attribute changes between seasons, as long as their "manual". And as long as the range of viable suppliers for each tier stays like it is now, because Tibor's point is very important. Arriving in Pro with no previous experience of tyres is very overwhelming. Of course the game directs you towards a smaller selection simply by their pricing, but it's still difficult to understand how it all works. Giving everyone from Pro 9 feasible choices would be too much I think.
Geir Pukk
(Kumpulan Elite)

Kiriman: 2526
  Negara:
Estonia 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #63 dikirim Apr 16 2024, 18:14:41 (terakhir disunting Apr 16 2024, 18:15:19 oleh Geir Pukk) Sebut 
Quote ( Vicente Rocha @ April 16th 2024,18:02:45 )

And as long as the range of viable suppliers for each tier stays like it is now, because Tibor's point is very important. Arriving in Pro with no previous experience of tyres is very overwhelming. Of course the game directs you towards a smaller selection simply by their pricing, but it's still difficult to understand how it all works. Giving everyone from Pro 9 feasible choices would be too much I think.

A suggestion that has been brought out before regarding this point is giving Amateur a choice between two tyres, with very small differences, just so they could learn the basics about them. Much can also be learned just by observation for commited managers., although yes, actual numerical data can’t be gathered that way
Tibor Szuromi
(Kumpulan Amateur - 1)

Negara:
Hungary 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (2)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #64 dikirim Apr 16 2024, 18:17:03 Sebut 
In this game, the price of tires should not be determined by market share, since conscious and ignorant people buy (especially pro). This does not at all reflect the price/value ratio of the tires product, which is the only measure of value.

The price/value ratio should be determined by the president and vice-president based on the given characteristics.
Geir Pukk
(Kumpulan Elite)

Kiriman: 2526
  Negara:
Estonia 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #65 dikirim Apr 16 2024, 19:14:06 Sebut 
Quote ( Tibor Szuromi @ April 16th 2024,18:17:03 )

In this game, the price of tires should not be determined by market share, since conscious and ignorant people buy (especially pro). This does not at all reflect the price/value ratio of the tires product, which is the only measure of value.

The price/value ratio should be determined by the president and vice-president based on the given characteristics.

Was 15 seasons of Dunnos in a row really so fun and interesting for you?
Henrique Nunes
(Kumpulan Pro - 14)

Kiriman: 71
  Negara:
Brazil 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #66 dikirim Apr 16 2024, 19:30:27 (terakhir disunting Apr 16 2024, 19:30:55 oleh Henrique Nunes) Sebut 
Quote ( Geir Pukk @ April 16th 2024,15:13:22 )

An interesting although admittedly somewhat crazy idea popped up during our team chat, which I honestly found really interesting. It was adjusting tyre prices by tier - i.e. If you pay 10.3m per race for BRs in Elite, you could get them for 8m in Master and 6m in Pro (just throwing random numbers). This way they are still really expensive, but I wouldn't say unusable in those tiers. It would enable people to learn about different tyres more, would spice up the racing in earlier tiers and make planning more exciting and reachable for when you want to do something different.

This is the best suggestion in my opinion. We could have quite the mix in all races due to the larger amount of diversity. Planning race would become quite funny and more complex, and this could benefit new players to lower the knoledge gap that exists between higher and lower levels.
Tibor Szuromi
(Kumpulan Amateur - 1)

Negara:
Hungary 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #67 dikirim Apr 16 2024, 19:54:42 Sebut 
Quote ( Geir Pukk @ April 16th 2024,19:14:06 )

Was 15 seasons of Dunnos in a row really so fun and interesting for you?
... since the weather was not the same twice, it was fun to recognize the tire.
Mark Pinnick
(Kumpulan Master - 2)

Kiriman: 675
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #68 dikirim Apr 16 2024, 21:00:32 Sebut 
Quote ( Vicente Rocha @ April 16th 2024,18:02:45 )

Letting a pre-determined formula take care of tyre changes will just make things converge to an all-purpose solution eventually

It kind of depends on the formula, and the parameters, don’t you think? And the attributes which can change, and their max/min values would be set.

I have a vague outline in my head, but that’s not for now. :)
Halaman « 1 2 [3 Lompat ke halaman:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > General forum > Tyre Suppliers attribute changes Tambah topik ini kepada senarai abai anda Tambah topik ini kepada senarai pemerhatian anda

Balas topik ini