Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Bug forum > Puncture in last lap Tambah topik ini kepada senarai abai anda Tambah topik ini kepada senarai pemerhatian anda
Halaman « 1 [2 Lompat ke halaman:
Pengarang Topik: Puncture in last lap 34 balasan
Jan Velske3
(Kumpulan Elite)

Kiriman: 897
  Negara:
Jerman 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (0)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #31 dikirim Mei 1 2019, 17:20:24 Sebut 
Remembers me a bit to Ricciardo reversing into Kyyat, just that he missed the other cars and probably got a drive-in-penalty for reversing on the race track, normally you get a dq for that so I think Olivier got away cheaply :D

On a series note: I actually thought you cant pit on the last metres as you also dont come in for a weather change anymore?
Dominik Karda
(Kumpulan Pro - 21)

Kiriman: 5428
  Negara:
Republik Czech 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #32 dikirim Mei 1 2019, 17:22:56 Sebut 
Quote ( Jan Velske @ May 1st 2019,17:20:24 )

I actually thought you cant pit on the last metres
Unless you happen to be Schumacher
Alpo Kaakinen1
(Kumpulan Elite)

Kiriman: 90
  Negara:
Finland 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #33 dikirim Mei 1 2019, 17:55:55 Sebut 
Quote ( Jan Velske @ May 1st 2019,16:39:46 )

Look at his last lap in the live race screen

Only thing I can see from race viewer is that +45s lap time and car ending last lap to pits.

33s costing driver mistake (new record I think)

What is normal then? I'm not really expert with non-race ending punctures.

so there was no pit done actually.

This is the thing, wasn't he just lucky to get it last lap and lose less time then middle of race?
Robin Goodey
(Kumpulan Elite)

Kiriman: 2096
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (3)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #34 dikirim Mei 1 2019, 18:09:48 (terakhir disunting Mei 1 2019, 18:27:15 oleh Robin Goodey) Sebut 
Whether you actually do finish in the pits (as it states - probably incorrectly in this case) or not - there is nothing untoward about this at all in terms of lap time / finishing position - when you get a puncture, you do get a VERY slow lap (exactly as Olivier did) as your driver tries to get the car to the end of the lap on 3 wheels.

And yes - that can be 30+s slower than a normal lap - my last one (on a much shorter track than Sochi - so less distance to drive super-slow on) was 20s slower than a normal lap.

You need to ignore what appears to happen in the live viewer (as in that you say you appear to slow down only right at the end) - remember that is NOT an actual accurate representation of events...
Roy Mitchell
(Kumpulan Pro - 15)

Kiriman: 5907
  Negara:
Kanada 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #35 dikirim Mei 1 2019, 20:08:44 Sebut 
Robin, is right on the money.

In Amateur, I saw the 1st place car record a puncture as he started the last lap. DNF!!

So, it can happen and be very costly. You've seen the same on real Formula 1 racing.

No need to get too upset.
Halaman « 1 [2 Lompat ke halaman:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Bug forum > Puncture in last lap Tambah topik ini kepada senarai abai anda Tambah topik ini kepada senarai pemerhatian anda

Balas topik ini