Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Newbie forum > Shunted off the track on 1st corner...... Tambah topik ini kepada senarai abai anda Tambah topik ini kepada senarai pemerhatian anda
Halaman [1
Pengarang Topik: Shunted off the track on 1st corner...... 18 balasan
Steven Berry
(Kumpulan Rookie - 109)

Kiriman: 7
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #1 dikirim Feb 26 2016, 22:24:33 Sebut 
......and out the race!

So is there anything I can/could've done to prevent this?

All the build up to the race and then parked up for 69 laps.

#gutted
Jody Parker
(Kumpulan Amateur - 3)

Kiriman: 767
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (0)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #2 dikirim Feb 26 2016, 22:25:21 Sebut 
Look at the risks you are taking, especially but not only the starting risks.
Alan Halford
(Kumpulan Amateur - 13)

Kiriman: 678
  Negara:
Wales 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #3 dikirim Feb 26 2016, 22:25:45 Sebut 
It happens ...... welcome to GPRO :(
Florencia Caro
(Kumpulan Master - 1)

Krew GPRO
Kiriman: 17148
  Negara:
Argentina 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #4 dikirim Feb 26 2016, 22:26:20 Sebut 
It takes time to find the right combination of start risks and race risks for the driver and league you are, Steve. But first advice is to lower the CT risks given you are at Rookie.
Kevin Buis
(Kumpulan Pro - 22)

Kiriman: 1175
  Negara:
Belanda 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #5 dikirim Feb 26 2016, 22:32:26 Sebut 
And it's not only your own fault every time, could've been an opponent as well. This time the text suggests something different though..
Håkan Ferm
(Kumpulan Amateur - 84)

Kiriman: 10576
  Negara:
Sweden 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #6 dikirim Feb 26 2016, 22:35:05 Sebut 
PM sent Steven.....
Steven Berry
(Kumpulan Rookie - 109)

Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (3)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #7 dikirim Feb 26 2016, 22:40:31 Sebut 
Got your PM Hakan, thx.

I think I have to take this one on the chin, 100 CT and Force way to front.

Just the text of "Shunted off the track" didn't read like it was actually my fault.

Oh well, we return to fight another day #Mclaren
Phil Maunder
(Kumpulan Pro - 7)

Kiriman: 10003
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #8 dikirim Feb 26 2016, 22:42:10 Sebut 
100CT would wear your car out in a non-sustainable way anyhow. 0-10 max for rookie.
Christoph Seifriedsberger
(Kumpulan Amateur - 84)

Kiriman: 6825
  Negara:
Austria 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (1)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #9 dikirim Feb 26 2016, 22:45:50 Sebut 
Quote ( Phil Maunder @ February 26th 2016,22:42:10 )

0-10 max for rookie.

Why?

It's not necessarily the "best way" to use that low risks. It might be the "best" way as long as you have level 1 and maybe level 2 parts, but once you have at least level 3 parts there is nothing wrong with using higher risks than that.
I wouldn't advice you to go too high but up to 30-40 is fine IMO. Especially at the beginning it may not be the worst idea to experiment with everything (including different risks) anyway and more importantly record all your data.
Phil Maunder
(Kumpulan Pro - 7)

Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #10 dikirim Feb 26 2016, 22:48:43 Sebut 
personally I think a lot of players run out of money & give up before they get to lvl 3 parts. but that's just me I guess
(Kumpulan Amateur - 84)

Negara:
Austria 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #11 dikirim Feb 26 2016, 22:53:13 Sebut 
Those who run out of money that quickly are usually either using very high risks (up to 100 CT) with the lowest part levels already or replace the parts way too soon (upgrading all parts to level 2 before even doing their first race springs to mind which is the worst idea of all) or do even both of those things.

No one is going to run out of money if they only replace parts when really needed and start to use higher risks (up to 30-40) only when they have most parts at level 3 already.
Florencia Caro
(Kumpulan Master - 1)

Krew GPRO
  Negara:
Argentina 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #12 dikirim Feb 26 2016, 22:53:59 Sebut 
100CT and L1 parts are definitely a bad combo. With L3-4-5 parts things start to change though, and there I agree with Christoph on the 30-40CT not being a bad option.

Steve, there's plenty of time to learn and fine tune stuff. I think you are in the right way if you conclude that 100CT and force are likely to cause a self inflicted start crash, and the rest is still to come ;)
Phil Maunder
(Kumpulan Pro - 7)

Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (2)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #13 dikirim Feb 26 2016, 22:59:10 (terakhir disunting Feb 26 2016, 22:59:32 oleh Phil Maunder) Sebut 
Quote ( Christoph Seifriedsberger @ February 26th 2016,22:53:13 )

Those who run out of money that quickly are usually either using very high risks (up to 100 CT) with the lowest part levels already or replace the parts way too soon (upgrading all parts to level 2 before even doing their first race springs to mind which is the worst idea of all) or do even both of those things.

No one is going to run out of money if they only replace parts when really needed and start to use higher risks (up to 30-40) only when they have most parts at level 3 already.

You're not thinking like a new player.

You say that like a new player will quickly figure out that using 100CT is the root cause of high car wear / smokes / retirements ... ie negative experiences.

Also to say they replace car parts "too soon" is subjective to knowing the upcoming car wear for the circuit & being able to quantify what is "soon" and what isn't.

What you are saying is that it is possible to run more CT risks in rookie if you manage it properly - and of course that is true & I agree with it - but for new players starting out they need to keep the risks right down imo until they find their feet in the game. If I had my way their welcome email would tell them that as well
Steven Berry
(Kumpulan Rookie - 109)

Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #14 dikirim Feb 26 2016, 23:01:05 Sebut 
I've been upgrading the parts over 50% wear and always for the next level up so was at L3 or 4 for each part, but all the races I've been in up until then had been CT80 so thought I wonder what will happen......

I guess leaving the track at the 1st corner is the result lol.

I'm a Mclaren fan so used to disappointment and watching the race from the trackside!

Thx for the replies.
Mick Ridley
(Kumpulan Master - 1)

Krew GPRO
Kiriman: 2604
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #15 dikirim Feb 26 2016, 23:02:37 Sebut 
This whole thread so far= GPRO learning curve :D
Steven Berry
(Kumpulan Rookie - 109)

Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #16 dikirim Feb 26 2016, 23:05:13 Sebut 
Quote ( Mick Ridley @ February 26th 2016,23:02:37 )

Agreed.
Florencia Caro
(Kumpulan Master - 1)

Krew GPRO
  Negara:
Argentina 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #17 dikirim Feb 26 2016, 23:07:50 Sebut 
Quote ( Mick Ridley @ February 26th 2016,23:02:37 )

Just some advice so he can stay on his feet until he learns to walk :D

My own experience was that I had to learn to combine Qualy risks, Start risks & Race risks all over again when I moved to a different league or hired a different driver. I had good advice, but it was still an experience I had to go though to have a better understanding :)
(Kumpulan Amateur - 84)

Negara:
Austria 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #18 dikirim Feb 26 2016, 23:11:04 Sebut 
Quote ( Phil Maunder @ February 26th 2016,22:59:10 )

You say that like a new player will quickly figure out that using 100CT is the root cause of high car wear / smokes / retirements ... ie negative experiences.

This is about Steven and to me it seems like he figured out already that 100 CT isn't the best idea plus he came to the forum and got told that this wears the car very quickly (it's also mentioned in the rules, guide, wiki stuff somewhere or at least that 40 CT is considered high in Rookie).

Also to say they replace car parts "too soon" is subjective to knowing the upcoming car wear for the circuit & being able to quantify what is "soon" and what isn't.

Sure, but if he is following the advice, he will realize after just a couple of races that the wear is different for each part on different tracks. Also if he records his data he will have a very rough idea about part wear after 3-4 races.
He doesn't need to get it spot on (and he can't of course without sufficient data), but as long as he doesn't replace the engine after 1 race only because it got 60% wear by using high risk and now thinking it won't last another race for example, he has done a better job than most.

What you are saying is that it is possible to run more CT risks in rookie if you manage it properly - and of course that is true & I agree with it - but for new players starting out they need to keep the risks right down imo until they find their feet in the game.

Just reading a bit a following the simple advices it's no problem for a new manager to manage the money and then try to experiment a bit with risks also if parts are level 3+
Rookie is the place to try out every sort of stuff and getting data about the effect of risks is another part in finding their feet in the game.
Alin Costrasuc
(Kumpulan Amateur - 122)

Kiriman: 10928
  Negara:
Romania 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #19 dikirim Feb 26 2016, 23:25:14 Sebut 
Quote ( Christoph Seifriedsberger @ February 26th 2016,22:53:13 )

No one is going to run out of money if they only replace parts when really needed

I ran out of money. :(
Halaman [1
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Newbie forum > Shunted off the track on 1st corner...... Tambah topik ini kepada senarai abai anda Tambah topik ini kepada senarai pemerhatian anda

Balas topik ini