Halaman [1
Pengarang Topik: GPRO World Cup 21 balasan
Christian Beaulieu
(Kumpulan Rookie - 15)

Kiriman: 522
  Negara:
Kanada 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (15)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (1)
Kiriman lama #1 dikirim Apr 24 2017, 17:06:22 Sebut 
Here is somthing I think would give a little extra to GPRO and could bring a new hype to national pride ;)

Nations trophy right now is all about popularity and I dont think managers really care about the present format.

Wouldnt it be nice to see real national teams facing each other in what could be a sort of GPRO World Cup?

What I would suggest is that every nation should elect a President/GM that would have to select the best possible 10 to represent the country. I would give the elected President a 3 or 4 season mandat. The team could be changed every season

If possible it would be perfect if managers could be selected in nationals teams and still compete for their original teams without leaving them... that way we make sure that managers wont reject the offer of running for their country because they dont want to leave their actual team!

I've seen something like this on another game a couple of years ago and I think it would finally close the debate on who is the best nation talent wise and from just having more managers ;)

All this would only be for national pride and wouldnt be rewarded money wise because it wouldnt get the better managers more $$

Something to work on that wouldnt require much changes and that imo would defenitly make it more fun!
Mark Pinnick
(Kumpulan Pro - 4)

Kiriman: 681
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (1)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #2 dikirim Apr 25 2017, 13:02:00 Sebut 
Christian; one idea would be to run this yourself (possibly unofficially).

You could even choose the teams yourself initially, or run something in the silly games forum; present the concept once you have perfected it. If Vlad likes it at that stage, he might look to implement it officially.

Personally, I wouldn't expect the admins to be looking into implementation of this without a trial run in any case.
Christian Beaulieu
(Kumpulan Rookie - 15)

Negara:
Kanada 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (0)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #3 dikirim Apr 25 2017, 15:12:02 Sebut 
True!

I'm scared that managers wont see any interest if its not official but in the end I dont really have anything to lose to try it
Christian Beaulieu
(Kumpulan Rookie - 15)

Negara:
Kanada 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (2)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #4 dikirim Apr 25 2017, 17:36:15 Sebut 
(Sorry for double posting)

Ok a couple of managers contacted me to make sure I would work on something wich, like Mark suggested, would be added to the silly games.

I've already started working on it and honestly I think it will be awsome if we get a good number of national teams. So lets keep this post active and your sugestions are more than welcome.

Rules and details will be posted in the next week!
Jean Chapados
(Kumpulan Pro - 23)

Kiriman: 276
  Negara:
Kanada 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #5 dikirim Apr 25 2017, 18:04:09 Sebut 
That sounds a good idea but my concern is with Elite, not all countries are represented at this level. To be fair all managers involve must be at the same level. For example:
1- More than 1 year in Master
2- Just been promoted in Master
3- More than 1 year in Pro
4- Just been promoted in PRO
5 etc...
Jasper Coosemans1
(Kumpulan Amateur - 28)

Kiriman: 3021
  Negara:
Belgium 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #6 dikirim Apr 25 2017, 18:49:45 (terakhir disunting Apr 25 2017, 18:50:48 oleh Jasper Coosemans) Sebut 
Well, it's a competition of countries, if a country is not represented in Elite then that's their own fault isn't it. :P Limiting it to 1 from Elite per country (or maybe 2) sounds good though.

You could set limits per level, e.g.:
1 Elite
3 Master
3 Pro
3 Amateur

(if you choose no Elite in the team, you're allowed to have 4 Masters, etc.)

Points contributions to the country as per the GPRO rules.

I like the idea of having a 'president' (let's call it Captain?) per country, my suggestion would be new Captain every 2 seasons though. Candidates to step forward in their respective language forums, election by PM to the game organizer.

Just floating ideas here.
Christian Beaulieu
(Kumpulan Rookie - 15)

Negara:
Kanada 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #7 dikirim Apr 25 2017, 19:17:20 Sebut 
One thing I can already say is that points will be awarded towards total race time and not for the position acheived in the race since not all group have the same pace.
Richard Robin Paukson
(Kumpulan Amateur - 25)

Kiriman: 2434
  Negara:
Estonia 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #8 dikirim Apr 25 2017, 19:23:13 (terakhir disunting Apr 25 2017, 19:23:35 oleh Richard Robin Paukson) Sebut 
I like this idea. :) And if that doesn't work then we should gather 23 people from each of the top 32 nations in GPRO, meet up somewhere, and host a real-life World Cup. :P
Edwin Silva
(Kumpulan Master - 3)

Kiriman: 2235
  Negara:
Colombia 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #9 dikirim Apr 25 2017, 19:31:40 Sebut 
I like these kind of suggestions. The Nations trophy is silly. From the current top 10 in the standings, 9 are top 10 in number of managers too (and the remaining one is 12th). The situation for the Nations knockout is basically the same, which is not surprising given the scoring mechanics.

The only problem would be to find the managers willing and eligible to be captains. But other than that, it sounds great. Plus I think it could help to increase the popularity of the game, because of the added dimension and because a nation wouldn't need to have +700 managers in order to have a shot. Big numbers would still help, naturally, because of a bigger pool of managers, but the effect wouldn't be so determinant.
Ivan Silva
(Kumpulan Amateur - 91)

Kiriman: 5070
  Negara:
Portugal 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #10 dikirim Apr 25 2017, 20:23:19 Sebut 
Nations trophy right now is pointless and a world cup could be interesting. Unfortunatelly in my country there wouldnt be much of a chance for anyone outside a certain team to make it into the national team. Then what you would see is the guys who are friends of the president being selected.
Jasper Coosemans1
(Kumpulan Amateur - 28)

Negara:
Belgium 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #11 dikirim Apr 25 2017, 20:46:59 Sebut 
Limit it to no more than 3 players from the same team just for the purpose of not getting one clan to 'be' the nation like Ivan proposed?
Nuno Vicente
(Kumpulan Master - 4)

Kiriman: 4054
  Negara:
Portugal 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #12 dikirim Apr 25 2017, 21:07:18 Sebut 
Quote ( Jasper Coosemans @ April 25th 2017,18:49:45 )

Well, it's a competition of countries, if a country is not represented in Elite then that's their own fault isn't it. :P Limiting it to 1 from Elite per country (or maybe 2) sounds good though.

If is a competition....any kind of limit will prejudicate Countries with fewer managers.

Quote ( Ivan Silva @ April 25th 2017,20:23:19 )

Unfortunatelly in my country there wouldnt be much of a chance for anyone outside a certain team to make it into the national team. Then what you would see is the guys who are friends of the president being selected.

If there isn´t a president there are no problem about that.
Maybe every manager select 10 managers and then the managers with more nominations will enter the team?
Hugo Merlin
(Kumpulan Amateur - 61)

Kiriman: 218
  Negara:
Portugal 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #13 dikirim Apr 25 2017, 22:36:27 (terakhir disunting Apr 25 2017, 22:36:51 oleh Hugo Merlin) Sebut 
What about the national team be represented by the 10 best positioned managers in the previous season?

Kevin Fortin
(Kumpulan Pro - 18)

Kiriman: 193
  Negara:
Kanada 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #14 dikirim Apr 25 2017, 22:39:41 Sebut 
I like the idea
Perry Christensen
(Kumpulan Rookie - 48)

Kiriman: 341
  Negara:
Denmark 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #15 dikirim Apr 25 2017, 22:48:34 Sebut 
Quote ( Jasper Coosemans @ April 25th 2017,18:49:45 )

I can't see more than 10-12 countries participate. If your country has no managers in elite, why bother?
Hugo Merlin
(Kumpulan Amateur - 61)

Kiriman: 218
  Negara:
Portugal 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #16 dikirim Apr 25 2017, 22:52:52 (terakhir disunting Apr 25 2017, 22:53:59 oleh Hugo Merlin) Sebut 
... because as it is right now is so much better... :/

I don't even remembered there were a Nations trophy if it wasn't for this suggestion.

btw, good idea Christian! :)
Jukka Sireni2
(Kumpulan Elite)

Krew GPRO
Kiriman: 3870
  Negara:
Finland 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #17 dikirim Apr 25 2017, 23:54:19 Sebut 
Quote ( Perry Christensen @ April 25th 2017,22:48:34 )

I can't see more than 10-12 countries participate. If your country has no managers in elite, why bother?

If the nations cup points are used (not the team competition ones), there are not that many Elites that have done well. And the best one isn't even in Elite.
Christian Beaulieu
(Kumpulan Rookie - 15)

Negara:
Kanada 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #18 dikirim Apr 26 2017, 15:17:22 Sebut 
Quote ( Hugo Merlin @ April 25th 2017,22:36:27 )

What about the national team be represented by the 10 best positioned managers in the previous season?

Because plans change from season to season so GM's must make sure to select 10 managers that wont be holding back for whatever reason and selecting the top 10 of the previous might not be the best idea ;)
Jasper Coosemans1
(Kumpulan Master - 2)

Negara:
Belgium 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (2)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #19 dikirim Jun 6 2019, 18:12:46 Sebut 
Bumping this thread to catch the attention of those who ignore the Silly Games forum. The suggestion made in this topic is being turned into reality. A short beta season will be run at the end of this season, with the first official edition kicking off at the start of Season 71.

The event will be run on an external website in the same way the Elite Betting Game works. The website can be accessed through here: /ExternalLink.asp?destination=GPROWorldCup

A very quick (1 click) registration is needed, this is just so you consent to saving your name in the website's database, no other personal information is needed.

It is now possible to officially become a candidate to be your nation's Team Captain!

For more information and to participate in the discussions, please use the topic in the Silly Games forum: /forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=28812#scroll

Please spread the word so we can get a large number of participating nations!
Ivan Silva
(Kumpulan Elite)

Kiriman: 5070
  Negara:
Portugal 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #20 dikirim Jun 7 2019, 14:18:26 Sebut 
I do believe this is a great initiative. It will bring a new meaning to what a nation really is in the game and will make a nation competition less dependant on the number of managers that play from each country.
Well done Jasper
Upeo Unaozidi
(Kumpulan Rookie - 186)

Kiriman: 199
  Negara:
Kenya 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #21 dikirim Jun 7 2019, 15:07:22 Sebut 
There are just two active Kenyan managers. I guess we will not win this Cup ? hihihi lol ;)

On-topic, Very nice idea Jasper.
Jerome Manzon
(Kumpulan Rookie - 109)

Kiriman: 216
  Negara:
Filipina 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #22 dikirim Jun 7 2019, 15:16:18 (terakhir disunting Jun 7 2019, 15:25:52 oleh Jerome Manzon) Sebut 
Good suggestion but I am afraid Philippines need to merge with other nations cuz we only have 27 active managers at the moment.

I also suggest another rule about merging countries. This maybe better if merging will prioritize countries inside same continent first, like for us we belong to Asia so maybe we have to merge with countries from the same region. What do you think guys?

Oops already in the world cup rules #26.
Halaman [1

Balas topik ini