Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Suggestions forum > Ability to see rivals sponsor Position Tambah topik ini kepada senarai abai anda Tambah topik ini kepada senarai pemerhatian anda
Halaman [1
Pengarang Topik: Ability to see rivals sponsor Position 21 balasan
Chris Shaw
(Kumpulan Amateur - 44)

Kiriman: 890
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (2)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (7)
Kiriman lama #1 dikirim Ogo 29 2018, 21:43:14 (terakhir disunting Ogo 29 2018, 21:45:06 oleh Chris Shaw) Sebut 
Hi,

I'd like to be able to see which spot my rivals have their sponsors on. I think it's a reasonable addition given that in reality you'd see where the sponsor is on all the cars. It only gives info away to those who know how to estimate sponsor income, and those who pay good attention to opponents data each race.

Edit - you'd expect a good manager to put his sponsor in the best place for the sponsor in question... but then sometimes managers are dumb, or just doing something really smart.
Kevin Parkinson
(Kumpulan Rookie - 72)

Krew GPRO
Kiriman: 14356
  Negara:
Scotland 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (2)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #2 dikirim Ogo 29 2018, 21:55:16 Sebut 
Quote ( Chris Shaw @ August 29th 2018,21:43:14 )

It only gives info away to those who know how to estimate sponsor income

There's surely much more accurate ways to work out how much another manager's sponsor income is.

Saying that, I don't see any reason not to have it (but then I don't see any benefit of having it). I'd recommend changing "Sponsor 1", "Sponsor 2" etc to the name of the car part, if it was ever to be implemented.
Mikko Heikkinen
(Kumpulan Pro - 3)

Kiriman: 12503
  Negara:
Finland 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (1)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (6)
Kiriman lama #3 dikirim Ogo 29 2018, 22:06:25 (terakhir disunting Ogo 29 2018, 22:08:06 oleh Mikko Heikkinen) Sebut 
Quote ( Chris Shaw @ August 29th 2018,21:43:14 )

Edit - you'd expect a good manager to put his sponsor in the best place for the sponsor in question... but then sometimes managers are dumb, or just doing something really smart.

So in short, you'd like to get the chance to see and potentially copy what others do.

While at it, why not just show the exact $$ amounts ?
Because that's what this would effectively do

and and also why not get rid of the Q&A part of the sponsor negotiations altogether, as pointless since it would be all revealed in an instance.

This would really not be an improvement as it would take a way instead of adding something.
Chris Shaw
(Kumpulan Amateur - 44)

Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (0)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #4 dikirim Ogo 29 2018, 22:13:04 (terakhir disunting Ogo 29 2018, 22:17:07 oleh Chris Shaw) Sebut 
Quote ( Mikko Heikkinen @ August 29th 2018,22:06:25 )

So in short, you'd like to get the chance to see and potentially copy what others do.

Are you accusing me of trying to copy and disguise it as a suggestion? I read it that way.

While at it, why not just show the exact $$ amounts ?

There are plenty of other variables that influence the amount, that players may not know. The point of the suggestion is to aid those who've taken the effort to figure out the other variables by giving them a piece of information they'd obviously have in real life using their eyes

and and also why not get rid of the Q&A part of the sponsor negotiations altogether, as pointless since it would be all revealed in an instance.

Elaborate or quit the BS. Players wont gain the answers to all sponsor questions just by knowing the location on the car...
Stuart Foster
(Kumpulan Pro - 3)

Kiriman: 12459
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #5 dikirim Ogo 29 2018, 22:21:26 Sebut 
Chris, how would doing this improve the game? I don't see it as a worthy inclusion. Being able to be more nosey is not reason to implement something either.
Andy Guy
(Kumpulan Amateur - 29)

Kiriman: 197
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (1)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (4)
Kiriman lama #6 dikirim Ogo 29 2018, 22:24:12 Sebut 
Pointless....Is this because you only have 2 sponsors and want to copy as Mikko has said.
Chris Shaw
(Kumpulan Amateur - 44)

Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (4)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (1)
Kiriman lama #7 dikirim Ogo 29 2018, 22:33:21 Sebut 
To be honest, I give up. On making suggestions, period.

Stuarts response is fair, but the way GPRO consistently responds to players trying to help the game is just embarrassing and I no longer wish to give my opinions.
Mikko Heikkinen
(Kumpulan Pro - 3)

Negara:
Finland 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (1)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (2)
Kiriman lama #8 dikirim Ogo 29 2018, 22:40:28 (terakhir disunting Ogo 29 2018, 22:46:38 oleh Mikko Heikkinen) Sebut 
Quote ( Chris Shaw @ August 29th 2018,22:13:04 )

The point of the suggestion is to aid those who've taken the effort to figure out the other variables by giving them a piece of information they'd obviously have in real life using their eyes

Now to that is like you so delicately put it "BS". The ones who have taken the effort would only gain a good estimate on the sponsor finances of others. All this would do is help spy what others have done.

Things in real life are not really the same and not necessarily applicable.

In real life if you see a sponsor at spot X, you have no idea what so ever of the financial arrangements. And even more importantly, you would not have a clue what kind the sponsor that has the spot (there are no sponsor attributes as such to see in real world)

In the world of GPRO you could have a very good idea of both things,

As said, this would not add anything to GPRO, instead it would take away the accomplishment of successful sponsor negotiations as it would reveal a lot of the information

Quote ( Chris Shaw @ August 29th 2018,22:13:04 )

Elaborate

Would quite quickly turn sponsor into this: https://youtu.be/4Wm00pAscLA
Andy Guy
(Kumpulan Amateur - 29)

Kiriman: 197
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (0)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (3)
Kiriman lama #9 dikirim Ogo 29 2018, 22:55:55 Sebut 
Quote ( Chris Shaw @ August 29th 2018,22:33:21 )

To be honest, I give up. On making suggestions, period.

Stuarts response is fair, but the way GPRO consistently responds to players trying to help the game is just embarrassing and I no longer wish to give my opinions.

So you now PM your opinion...thank you
Miel Soeterbroek
(Kumpulan Master - 4)

Kiriman: 3107
  Negara:
Belanda 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (3)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #10 dikirim Ogo 29 2018, 23:05:26 Sebut 
Seeing the position of a rival manager’s sponsor on the car won’t divulge a tenth of what overdramatic Mikko thinks it does, but i also don’t see it bringing much extra to be honest.

May be ok to keep that bit of info hidden.
Stefan Brederick
(Kumpulan Rookie - 102)

Kiriman: 37
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #11 dikirim Ogo 29 2018, 23:07:18 Sebut 
As a rookie I have no clue of what the OP is trying to say.
How would the position possibly give away any details of the negotiation or its outcome of another manager?
I still have a lot to learn :)
Interesting read though.
Miel Soeterbroek
(Kumpulan Master - 4)

Negara:
Belanda 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #12 dikirim Ogo 29 2018, 23:09:06 Sebut 
Quote ( Andy Guy @ August 29th 2018,22:24:12 )

Pointless....Is this because you only have 2 sponsors and want to copy as Mikko has said.

Great way to slam down a suggestion. Must encourage people to keep suggesting stuff!

You could have just disagreed without being judgemental. Falsely judgemental at that, as a sponsor count at an isolated point in time says absolutely zilch, nada.

Hope that PM you received was full of vile profanity, kinda deserved that ;)
Kevin Parkinson
(Kumpulan Rookie - 72)

Krew GPRO
Kiriman: 14356
  Negara:
Scotland 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #13 dikirim Ogo 29 2018, 23:28:09 (terakhir disunting Ogo 29 2018, 23:29:22 oleh Kevin Parkinson) Sebut 

Would that be a bad thing?

Plenty parts of the game that newbies are advised to watch and get hints how experienced players do it. What's so bad if they can get hints about sponsors in this way? Doesn't give exact amounts or how to best negotiate or anything, but would be a little something else people could learn from if they take the time and effort to look in to it.

I've just went from not seeing any real benefit to seeing a benefit.
Miel Soeterbroek
(Kumpulan Master - 4)

Negara:
Belanda 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #14 dikirim Ogo 29 2018, 23:31:21 (terakhir disunting Ogo 29 2018, 23:31:47 oleh Miel Soeterbroek) Sebut 
Don’t forget, Kevin, Mikko’s ideal world is one of isolated, individual trial and error. Zero knowledge shared or passed. Bit like the prehistoric caveman days, but a tad worse.
Chris Shaw
(Kumpulan Amateur - 44)

Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #15 dikirim Ogo 29 2018, 23:36:41 (terakhir disunting Ogo 29 2018, 23:39:54 oleh Chris Shaw) Sebut 
I've had a moment to regroup, I know that I know exactly how sponsors work, I don't really care if you wish to think otherwise so long as you keep it to yourself instead of making completely off-the-wall accusations in public.

Kevin is spot on, this game is too much of a stonewall to newbies. Encourage them to study players and FOBY info. How many of you find out how sponsors work by joining a team and asking them? Im man enough to say I did. To those who did FOBY, I take my hat off to you - but it doesn't mean it's in the games interests that 1 in a 100 can work it out themselves.

I'd rather the game reward collecting data than having a degree in statistics :)

E: All this is detracting from my own personal reason for wanting this suggestion. I want it to be easier for players to follow the income of other players. Dont just give them that number, but allow them to collect the missing piece of the puzzle. Mikko is right that it will give people an easy answer as to which attribute effects placement - but I believe on technicality there is no way to derive the other answers from it.
Stuart Foster
(Kumpulan Pro - 3)

Kiriman: 12459
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #16 dikirim Ogo 29 2018, 23:38:42 Sebut 
I thought you had one Chris ;)
Chris Shaw
(Kumpulan Amateur - 44)

Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #17 dikirim Ogo 29 2018, 23:42:06 Sebut 
Quote ( Stuart Foster @ August 29th 2018,23:38:42 )

I thought you had one Chris ;)

Engineering. Ask me anything about Aerodynamics, automation of CFD processes or aeroacoustics. It does make you wonder if you dont have any degree at all, exactly how the hell are you expected to figure out GPRO...
Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo
(Kumpulan Amateur - 6)

Kiriman: 2728
  Negara:
Mexico 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (5)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #18 dikirim Ogo 29 2018, 23:42:32 Sebut 
Thumbed it down since IMhO gives too much info on your sponsor status.

Let's use this as an example.

You can more or less guess who you are negotiating with, specially with the limts on sponsors we know have.

Also you can see the sponsor stats including the remaining races your opponents have under contract.

By knowing the part used you can see if your opponent tends to maximize income based on driver stats and how many more races he has left on that spot.

So your opponent has a spot covered for 12 races and you suspect he will reach 100% on a new sponsor in 3 races, but you can reach in 9, so do you quit or continue under the assumption that the spot is.most probably blocked for a new sponsor for 10 races more.

Many will quit when you are at 60% or less and your opponent is over 90%, this would indluenve this decision.

Miel Soeterbroek
(Kumpulan Master - 4)

Negara:
Belanda 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #19 dikirim Ogo 29 2018, 23:46:47 Sebut 
Fair point Eduardo, regarding negiotiation rivalry
Mikko Heikkinen
(Kumpulan Pro - 3)

Negara:
Finland 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (0)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (3)
Kiriman lama #20 dikirim Ogo 30 2018, 01:13:17 Sebut 
Quote ( Miel Soeterbroek @ August 29th 2018,23:05:26 )

Seeing the position of a rival manager’s sponsor on the car won’t divulge a tenth of what overdramatic Mikko thinks it does,

Or maybe it does more than one might think at first :)

Quote ( Miel Soeterbroek @ August 29th 2018,23:31:21 )

Don’t forget, Kevin, Mikko’s ideal world is one of isolated, individual trial and error. Zero knowledge shared or passed. Bit like the prehistoric caveman days, but a tad worse.

Just goes to show that you don't know me.

But you are right in one sense, I do think that GPRO has opened up considerably in the past years, there are very few things anymore which aren't just given out and it might be better to have at least something "less open" (as example sponsor spots)

I'm sure even Chris can acknowledge that in real life businesses have their secrets, which are not revealed to competitors.
And as Eduardo brings forth, this suggestion could reveal more than expected.
Daniel Douglas
(Kumpulan Amateur - 26)

Kiriman: 3806
  Negara:
Amerika Syarikat 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #21 dikirim Ogo 30 2018, 01:42:10 (terakhir disunting Ogo 30 2018, 01:48:49 oleh Daniel Douglas) Sebut 
Quote ( Chris Shaw @ August 29th 2018,23:36:41 )

I know that I know exactly how sponsors work,

Exactly how sponsors work? I didn't know anyone had figured that out yet.

Good thing you are around, you should be teaching us.

On that note: Any pointers for the guy that just manages to get by with sponsors?
Chris Shaw
(Kumpulan Amateur - 44)

Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #22 dikirim Ogo 30 2018, 03:11:53 Sebut 
Quote ( Daniel Douglas @ August 30th 2018,01:42:10 )

On that note: Any pointers for the guy that just manages to get by with sponsors?

That you should be careful which sponsors you go for, once you know how to answer the questions then its more likely you'd lose sponsors through race results.

Exactly how sponsors work? I didn't know anyone had figured that out yet.

Well I've not had any problems signing sponsors, I'd say I know how the negotiations works. Right now I only have two thanks to a few dodgy seasons learning a thing or two about drivers.

And finally...

Good thing you are around, you should be teaching us.

Thanks, you're welcome ;)
Halaman [1
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Suggestions forum > Ability to see rivals sponsor Position Tambah topik ini kepada senarai abai anda Tambah topik ini kepada senarai pemerhatian anda

Balas topik ini