Daftar masuk untuk mengundi atau melihat keputusan undian
Pengarang Topik: Forum Reply Suggestion 19 balasan
Stefano Scanzani
(Kumpulan Amateur - 6)

Kiriman: 169
  Negara:
Itali 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (2)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #1 dikirim Apr 19 2019, 22:10:04 Sebut 
Why don't we create a system where you can reply to someone and they get a notification? This way more people contribute to the forum and it get's more active? @Vlad :P
James Hitchen
(Kumpulan Pro - 24)

Kiriman: 592
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (4)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #2 dikirim Apr 19 2019, 22:14:59 Sebut 
I think this is a really good idea, something thats kind of always bugged me about the forum. I'm sure it could be set-up to allow people to toggle getting a notification or not as well so I don't see why not? :D
Mikko Heikkinen
(Kumpulan Master - 3)

Kiriman: 12503
  Negara:
Finland 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (2)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #3 dikirim Apr 19 2019, 22:17:24 Sebut 

only if:

Quote ( James Hitchen @ April 19th 2019,22:14:59 )

allow people to toggle getting a notification or not
Florencia Caro
(Kumpulan Amateur - 69)

Krew GPRO
Kiriman: 17148
  Negara:
Argentina 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (1)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #4 dikirim Apr 19 2019, 22:17:35 (terakhir disunting Apr 19 2019, 22:19:31 oleh Florencia Caro) Sebut 
More notifications? Doru would surely love that :)

On a serious note, I was once sent 0,01 supporter credits just as a protest for the notifications Elite Press topic implied (which I happened to host that season, of course); as the donation generated a notification. I don't think it's a good idea, to be honest :)

Also, I wonder how much extra server load that would potentially imply :/.
Stefano Scanzani
(Kumpulan Amateur - 6)

Negara:
Itali 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (0)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #5 dikirim Apr 19 2019, 22:22:13 Sebut 
There was a protest because someone got a notification when they received supporter credits? What is wrong with that I'd love to get a notification if someone sent me money :P
Kyle Morris
(Kumpulan Amateur - 16)

Kiriman: 6688
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #6 dikirim Apr 19 2019, 22:25:03 Sebut 
I'm sure P0na would love more notifications. We keep giving him 0.01 credits so his notifactions number would pile up xD
Florencia Caro
(Kumpulan Amateur - 69)

Krew GPRO
  Negara:
Argentina 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #7 dikirim Apr 19 2019, 22:26:42 Sebut 
Tbh it didn't even bother me, and only realized it was a protest like a year later :)

Notifications are so easy to ignore when you are constantly getting them that they completely lose their purpose. Not liking the idea.
Mikko Heikkinen
(Kumpulan Master - 3)

Negara:
Finland 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #8 dikirim Apr 19 2019, 22:34:35 (terakhir disunting Apr 19 2019, 22:41:11 oleh Mikko Heikkinen) Sebut 
Quote ( Florencia Caro @ April 19th 2019,22:26:42 )

Notifications are so easy to ignore when you are constantly getting them that they completely lose their purpose.

That's a fair point, me thinks.

But on this same topic, maybe there could be a new category introduced to forum, i.e replies to your post

or in the home pages "communication" section might have a link (similar to mailbox or group forum) which would refer to "comments to your posts"

There's some space there to increase the height of the box and include one more link

That way there would be no need for notifications.

All that^^ ofc. IF it doesn't strain the server too much.
Stefano Scanzani
(Kumpulan Amateur - 6)

Negara:
Itali 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #9 dikirim Apr 19 2019, 22:39:01 Sebut 
My last real notification is when I got my first point in ama a few seasons ago haha. Now it's only about when I top up and when I am about to finish my supporter creds:P
James Hitchen
(Kumpulan Pro - 24)

Kiriman: 592
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #10 dikirim Apr 19 2019, 22:41:59 Sebut 
I only just realised this may be interpreted two ways, we could be talking replies to a forum topic being started or someone quoting you in a post. I support the latter idea.

Quote ( Florencia Caro @ April 19th 2019,22:26:42 )

Notifications are so easy to ignore when you are constantly getting them that they completely lose their purpose. Not liking the idea.

Maybe for you that is the case, I can count my notifications in the last season with my fingers. I personally think this is more of a reason to allow it but with the option to turn it off with default setting being off. However your point about server load is very valid, but if the vast majority have the notifications for replies disabled would it be reduced massively or not much? Again having the default setting for this feature as off could help if it does.
Stuart Foster
(Kumpulan Rookie - 156)

Kiriman: 12459
  Negara:
Wales 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #11 dikirim Apr 19 2019, 22:42:24 Sebut 
That arrow looks like a lightning bolt Mikko. Now THAT is a good idea. I like the sound of lightning. Perhaps we get one with each comment to a post :p
Florencia Caro
(Kumpulan Amateur - 69)

Krew GPRO
  Negara:
Argentina 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #12 dikirim Apr 19 2019, 22:47:05 (terakhir disunting Apr 19 2019, 22:48:00 oleh Florencia Caro) Sebut 
Quote ( Mikko Heikkinen @ April 19th 2019,22:34:35 )

There's some space there

If old office was abolished, would you commission someone to code an addon to make new office look like the old one, Mikko? 😂

Regardless of the space, that's a fair point. I still dislike the idea though. If I want to take part of a discussion or reply to someone in a topic, I actively do it; and if I'm not interested, then I just don't take part. A notification wouldn't change my interest in a discussion or make me follow it again if I lost interest in it.
Ahmet Sonverdi
(Kumpulan Master - 3)

Kiriman: 4807
  Negara:
Turki 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #13 dikirim Apr 19 2019, 22:51:34 Sebut 
Mikko can share pictures :O
Stefano Scanzani
(Kumpulan Amateur - 6)

Negara:
Itali 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #14 dikirim Apr 19 2019, 22:52:21 Sebut 
As a very active member it makes sense for you, but for people just starting the game getting notifications will keep them in the game. Every time you get a message on your phone, your dopamine levels rise, keeping you interested (more like keeping you addicted tbh). Idk I just don't want to see this game slowly die and we need to find new managers interested. This could be one of the ways :P
Mikko Heikkinen
(Kumpulan Master - 3)

Negara:
Finland 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #15 dikirim Apr 19 2019, 22:54:15 Sebut 
Quote ( Stuart Foster @ April 19th 2019,22:42:24 )

That arrow looks like a lightning bolt Mikko.

Maybe because that's exactly what it is :)

Quote ( Florencia Caro @ April 19th 2019,22:47:05 )

If old office was abolished, would you commission someone to code an addon to make new office look like the old one, Mikko? 😂

ofcourse :)

If I want to take part of a discussion or reply to someone in a topic, I actively do it; and if I'm not interested, then I just don't take part. A notification wouldn't change my interest in a discussion or make me follow it again if I lost interest in it.

And that is the side of a "forum active".

I think the point of this suggestion is aimed towards the less active forum users, those who might not even log in daily. To make easier for them to check up if someone has commented on their post.

a "forum active" doesn't really need such thing, as the latest posts pretty much jump up front and they see everything
Dainius Vaškys
(Kumpulan Pro - 7)

Kiriman: 654
  Negara:
Lithuania 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #16 dikirim Apr 20 2019, 00:43:36 Sebut 

If I want to take part of a discussion or reply to someone in a topic, I actively do it; and if I'm not interested, then I just don't take part. A notification wouldn't change my interest in a discussion or make me follow it again if I lost interest in it.

Have an option on a topic to turn off notifications from that specific topic even if you are mentioned in it ?

I do like the idea about notifications for example if someone quoted your message and you would get a notification, that someone reply'ed to your post, as well as an option to toggle those types of notifications as a default option. People can choose do they want to actively participate in forum or not.

Plus an option to choose from Allow, Friend's Only, Off :]
Guilherme Franco
(Kumpulan Amateur - 13)

Kiriman: 443
  Negara:
Brazil 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #17 dikirim Apr 20 2019, 05:09:49 Sebut 
No more notifications. Thank you all <3
Vladimir Alexandrov
(Pentadbir)

Krew GPRO
Kiriman: 8596
  Negara:
Bulgaria 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (4)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #18 dikirim Apr 20 2019, 09:54:34 Sebut 
It is certainly something I wanted to add, I will see what's possible when time allows it.
Stefano Scanzani
(Kumpulan Amateur - 6)

Negara:
Itali 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #19 dikirim Apr 20 2019, 16:20:05 Sebut 
Nice one vlad :)
Jack Benson
(Kumpulan Pro - 25)

Kiriman: 2539
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #20 dikirim Jul 2 2019, 00:35:56 Sebut 
Quote ( Vladimir Alexandrov @ April 20th 2019,09:54:34 )

It is certainly something I wanted to add, I will see what's possible when time allows it.

Nice job @Vladimir Alexandrov (R3)
Halaman [1

Balas topik ini