Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > General forum > How is this a rookie? Tambah topik ini kepada senarai abai anda Tambah topik ini kepada senarai pemerhatian anda
Halaman [12 3 ... 5 6 7 » Lompat ke halaman:
Pengarang Topik: How is this a rookie? 190 balasan
Kali Hernandez
(Kumpulan Rookie - 26)

Kiriman: 42
  Negara:
Jerman 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (3)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (2)
Kiriman lama #1 dikirim Apr 26 2019, 22:37:31 Sebut 
/gb/ManagerProfile.asp?IDM=228957

How is it possible that someone is winning or second for 15 seasons in a row and stay in rookie level? How is a 5000+ points a rookie???
Daniel Ravary
(Kumpulan Amateur - 72)

Kiriman: 15
  Negara:
Kanada 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (2)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #2 dikirim Apr 26 2019, 22:39:43 Sebut 
He goes negative balance in most of his seasons
Jody Parker
(Kumpulan Pro - 9)

Kiriman: 767
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (5)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #3 dikirim Apr 26 2019, 22:39:44 Sebut 
He's not "a" rookie, he is "in" Rookie level.

Anyone can go back down to Rookie level and play, regardless of how long they have played.
Ahmet Sonverdi
(Kumpulan Master - 3)

Kiriman: 4807
  Negara:
Turki 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #4 dikirim Apr 26 2019, 22:40:02 Sebut 
He chooses to finish the season in negative & stay at the rookie level. He gets a financial penalty every season.
Kyle Morris
(Kumpulan Pro - 7)

Kiriman: 6688
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (1)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #5 dikirim Apr 26 2019, 22:40:26 Sebut 
He goes negative each time

Unfortunately its a thing people do... Admins can't really do anything about it however
Sherry Sunderland
(Kumpulan Amateur - 27)

Kiriman: 214
  Negara:
Kanada 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #6 dikirim Apr 26 2019, 22:46:08 Sebut 
Neat idea but fun ??? uhh ??
Alessio Girasole
(Kumpulan Amateur - 33)

Kiriman: 206
  Negara:
Itali 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #7 dikirim Apr 26 2019, 22:52:13 Sebut 
My question is, why?
Kali Hernandez
(Kumpulan Rookie - 26)

Negara:
Jerman 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (10)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (1)
Kiriman lama #8 dikirim Apr 26 2019, 22:54:04 Sebut 
it completely breaks the idea that rookie level works to learn the game. it only serves the purpose of earning points to team championships and as a side effect turn down all the newbies. makes it a horrible experience for the rest of us. there should be a rule against this
Montes Dimemola
(Kumpulan Pro - 25)

Kiriman: 242
  Negara:
Romania 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #9 dikirim Apr 26 2019, 22:54:11 Sebut 
Where is Keeney when you need him to clarify a situation? He'll tell you how is that a rookie ;)
Stephen Brooks
(Kumpulan Pro - 14)

Kiriman: 686
  Negara:
Amerika Syarikat 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (15)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (1)
Kiriman lama #10 dikirim Apr 26 2019, 22:57:21 Sebut 
Well, I'd suggest we move all the "super rookies" to the same rookie group on season reset, with the money penalty, so they'd compete with each other and not honest true rookies. We'd just have to define the super rookie, but this is an obvious case.
Constantin Heller
(Kumpulan Amateur - 25)

Kiriman: 2462
  Negara:
Jerman 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (1)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (1)
Kiriman lama #11 dikirim Apr 26 2019, 23:06:36 Sebut 
Quote ( Kali Hernandez @ April 26th 2019,22:54:04 )

there should be a rule against this

The Super Rookie rule has been in place for quite a while, seems like it may not be harsh enough though...

I think those people will always find a way to abuse the system, and who suffers are genuine managers who made a planning mistake.
Mikko Heikkinen
(Kumpulan Master - 3)

Kiriman: 12503
  Negara:
Finland 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (9)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (1)
Kiriman lama #12 dikirim Apr 26 2019, 23:24:58 Sebut 
Quote ( Sherry Sunderland @ April 26th 2019,22:46:08 )

Neat idea but fun ??? uhh ??

Quote ( Alessio Girasole @ April 26th 2019,22:52:13 )

My question is, why?

Some people consider it fun to kick a football into an empty goal :)
Kali Hernandez
(Kumpulan Rookie - 26)

Negara:
Jerman 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #13 dikirim Apr 26 2019, 23:25:42 Sebut 
Quote ( Constantin Heller @ April 26th 2019,23:06:36 )

The Super Rookie rule has been in place for quite a while, seems like it may not be harsh enough though...

I think those people will always find a way to abuse the system, and who suffers are genuine managers who made a planning mistake.

Looking to this profile's history for 3 seconds makes it blatantly clear how he is abusing the system. Abuser should get either moved to those super rookie groups, but also could perfectly be penalised in the system, banned from entering a season or somehing like that. There are many sites where this approach works
Lukáš Rychlík
(Kumpulan Amateur - 13)

Kiriman: 18
  Negara:
Kanada 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (0)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (1)
Kiriman lama #14 dikirim Apr 26 2019, 23:26:25 Sebut 
Its quite sad. I guess some people just want to win at all costs. I wonder if he tells all his friends how much he is winning at this game.
Kali Hernandez
(Kumpulan Rookie - 26)

Negara:
Jerman 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (3)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (1)
Kiriman lama #15 dikirim Apr 26 2019, 23:27:29 Sebut 
Quote ( Mikko Heikkinen @ April 26th 2019,23:24:58 )

Some people consider it fun to kick a football into an empty goal :)

Some people consider it fun to abuse others.

I've been active in another thread recently, which questions how to improve newbie retention. You know that already. Well here's how: get rid of abusers, because for newbies having to deal with these is absolutely a turning down factor.
Luca Bertani
(Kumpulan Amateur - 71)

Kiriman: 3580
  Negara:
Itali 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #16 dikirim Apr 26 2019, 23:36:07 Sebut 
This is disappointing in 2 different ways.

1st, he's not able to win a Rookie championship without going in negative.
2nd, he's doing it because he just doesn't know how to play the game (and probably never wanted to learn how to do it).

People like this should not even be allowed to play.

It's a slap in the face to the ones who really want to grow and learn to play this game properly, that so become demotivated and the result is them quitting the game.

At least people like Joan Centellas showed that they're able to be competitive even in the higher leagues and with excellent results.
Here we're only talking about an abuser of the Super Rookie rule that is really afraid of going into the adults swimming pool and prefers to stay in the babies one, so his feet could always touch the floor and feel safe.

Either you move him into a group made entirely of Super Rookies, or other options have to be taken into consideration.
Mario Cavalari
(Kumpulan Amateur - 66)

Kiriman: 7
  Negara:
Brazil 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #17 dikirim Apr 26 2019, 23:39:38 Sebut 

it completely breaks the idea that rookie level works to learn the game. it only serves the purpose of earning points to team championships and as a side effect turn down all the newbies. makes it a horrible experience for the rest of us. there should be a rule against this

I fully agree with your opinion ... And i hope someone does something!
Julio Asencio
(Kumpulan Amateur - 16)

Kiriman: 508
  Negara:
Sepanyol 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (0)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #18 dikirim Apr 26 2019, 23:40:21 Sebut 
You forgot to say he's never been the cup champion either, Luca. Now, that's dissapointing :)
Albert Viljanen
(Kumpulan Master - 4)

Kiriman: 35
  Negara:
Finland 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (0)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #19 dikirim Apr 26 2019, 23:55:58 Sebut 
It could be that these guys are just hunting achievements. Either way, not accepting it.
Claudio Szynkier
(Kumpulan Master - 4)

Kiriman: 1043
  Negara:
Brazil 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (15)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (2)
Kiriman lama #20 dikirim Apr 27 2019, 00:03:42 (terakhir disunting Apr 27 2019, 00:05:42 oleh Claudio Szynkier) Sebut 
Quote ( Kali Hernandez @ April 26th 2019,23:27:29 )

it's not an abuse, at all.

it's a way of playing the game.

nobody is obligated to WANT to reach any level.

any participant of the same group should study what will do to prevent promotion, to promote with or without the guy on the top 3, etc.
Simon Allen
(Kumpulan Amateur - 90)

Kiriman: 90
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (8)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #21 dikirim Apr 27 2019, 00:12:10 Sebut 
I wouldn't waste your time worrying about him.

Set your own goals, play your own game, you'll soon be in a situation where you won't ever have to race against him again.
Mikko Heikkinen
(Kumpulan Master - 3)

Kiriman: 12503
  Negara:
Finland 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (6)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #22 dikirim Apr 27 2019, 00:23:04 (terakhir disunting Apr 27 2019, 00:25:33 oleh Mikko Heikkinen) Sebut 
Quote ( Kali Hernandez @ April 26th 2019,23:27:29 )

it completely breaks the idea that rookie level works to learn the game. it only serves the purpose of earning points to team championships

Show me a championship team that consists only of rookies :)

You are aware that a rookie win is worth approximately the same as a mid-table position in amateur ?

Having that said: I'm not too fond of that kind of style, but I would not judge him too harshly either.

Also... the 5th in that group promotes, and everyone can check the history and draw their own conclusion of the likelyhood of 5th promoting, at least he is consistent :)

That said: There already is a "penalty" in place for such styles, though it could be checked if it's enough. Maybe there could be some persistence in it, meaning doing the "negative trick" over and over would induce increasing amount of financial consequences
Graham Mercer
(Kumpulan Amateur - 14)

Kiriman: 2008
  Negara:
Australia 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #23 dikirim Apr 27 2019, 00:56:16 Sebut 
Quote ( Mikko Heikkinen @ April 27th 2019,00:23:04 )

Maybe there could be some persistence in it, meaning doing the "negative trick" over and over would induce increasing amount of financial consequences

This.

Some form of compounding penalty for every season a manager stays in Rookie by going negative.

Also the suggestion to identify 'super rookies' and move them all into a single group to race each other sounds good. It will hopefully be less demotivating for true rookies and may also provide an incentive to get some of the 'super rookies' to step up to amateur.
Garry Wedlock
(Kumpulan Amateur - 1)

Kiriman: 207
  Negara:
Australia 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #24 dikirim Apr 27 2019, 01:22:17 (terakhir disunting Apr 27 2019, 01:23:11 oleh Garry Wedlock) Sebut 
Maybe each season reassign managers to Rookie groups based on number of career races? True new newbie Rookies would then be racing each and more experienced players racing each other. Though, account resetters will get caught up and may risk finding it more difficult to get back to Amateur.

But agree, play own game and not worry about others too much at Rookie level - those going negative leave it open to others to promote anyway.
Riley Dunlop
(Kumpulan Amateur - 23)

Kiriman: 828
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #25 dikirim Apr 27 2019, 01:28:11 Sebut 
Quote ( Garry Wedlock @ April 27th 2019,01:22:17 )

Maybe each season reassign managers to Rookie groups based on number of career races?

Rather than that maybe something based on consecutive races in rookie with some sort of weighting according to position in previous season
Guilherme Franco
(Kumpulan Amateur - 13)

Kiriman: 443
  Negara:
Brazil 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #26 dikirim Apr 27 2019, 02:01:10 Sebut 
More tha 3 seasons in a row in negative can get a bigger penalty and that will vanish, simple.

But i dont care, they can play their game as they want, the super rookie rule already solve the biggest issue imo.
Adrian Summers
(Kumpulan Amateur - 57)

Kiriman: 2292
  Negara:
Amerika Syarikat 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #27 dikirim Apr 27 2019, 03:38:37 Sebut 
Wow! There's some pretty serious bashing going on in here at a guy who plays how he wants to play. Because of the rookie reset, he's not accumulating any advantage, so he's not abusing anybody. It amazes me how people start calling for a ban of something or somebody they don't like.

I do agree this situation can be frustrating for true rookies, so I agree about putting these guys in groups together. I think Garry hit the nail on the head.
Quote ( Garry Wedlock @ April 27th 2019,01:22:17 )

Maybe each season reassign managers to Rookie groups based on number of career races?
Claudio Szynkier
(Kumpulan Master - 4)

Negara:
Brazil 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (3)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #28 dikirim Apr 27 2019, 03:57:06 (terakhir disunting Apr 27 2019, 03:57:40 oleh Claudio Szynkier) Sebut 
the game need no more penalties

the game need more prizes to the managers able to bring more people to play
Graham Mercer
(Kumpulan Amateur - 14)

Kiriman: 2008
  Negara:
Australia 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (0)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (1)
Kiriman lama #29 dikirim Apr 27 2019, 04:10:45 Sebut 
Quote ( Adrian Summers @ April 27th 2019,03:38:37 )

Wow! There's some pretty serious bashing going on in here at a guy who plays how he wants to play. Because of the rookie reset, he's not accumulating any advantage, so he's not abusing anybody. It amazes me how people start calling for a ban of something or somebody they don't like.

Definition of Rookie

A rookie is a person in the first year of activity in a sport, or someone new to a profession, training, or activity such as a rookie police officer, rookie pilot, or a recruit.

The GPRO world is not this strict and you do not lose 'rookie status' after one season, but it should mean that Rookie is not the realm of veteran players.

One of the major issues for GPRO, and one of the consistently talked about issues is player retention.

New players that start this wonderful game are confronted with a bewilderingly steep learning curve, prevalence of FOBY replies, and a big disadvantage to 'veteran' players due to lack of knowledge and especially a lack of accumulated data.

Ideally Rookie would be just for rookies but this is difficult to define and control. That does not mean that players should be permitted to stay in this initial learning environment for multiple seasons in my opinion.
Claudio Szynkier
(Kumpulan Master - 4)

Negara:
Brazil 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (5)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (1)
Kiriman lama #30 dikirim Apr 27 2019, 05:09:46 (terakhir disunting Apr 27 2019, 05:12:27 oleh Claudio Szynkier) Sebut 
Quote ( Graham Mercer @ April 27th 2019,04:10:45 )

Ideally Rookie would be just for rookies but this is difficult to define and control. That does not mean that players should be permitted to stay in this initial learning environment for multiple seasons in my opinion.

if you don't permit this, better don't permit any player who wanna stay in gpro just for the sake of the purest pleasure - 50% of the people.

the fact is it is very healthy when there are players playing just for the sake of soft competition, as in kart races. gpro should, in fact, attract people by telling them you don't need to get hardcore to be happy and relax in a, stiill, brilliant strategy game.
Halaman [12 3 ... 5 6 7 » Lompat ke halaman:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > General forum > How is this a rookie? Tambah topik ini kepada senarai abai anda Tambah topik ini kepada senarai pemerhatian anda

Balas topik ini