Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > General forum > How is this a rookie? Tambah topik ini kepada senarai abai anda Tambah topik ini kepada senarai pemerhatian anda
Halaman « 1 2 [34 5 6 7 » Lompat ke halaman:
Pengarang Topik: How is this a rookie? 190 balasan
Armando Brito
(Kumpulan Rookie - 18)

Kiriman: 9
  Negara:
Venezuela 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (0)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (3)
Kiriman lama #61 dikirim Apr 27 2019, 21:13:15 Sebut 
The problem is the loophole in the rules that lets you have a debt that automatically is paid off every new season for rookie, so this manager, i.e. has an average of 20 million bonus for every season, so he is practically starting every season in rookie with 50 million to spend, it is not loyal competition

A solution could be to pay the rookie's last season debt with the new 30 million, this way this managers can compete and even repeat the same plan but not every season
Florencia Caro
(Kumpulan Pro - 18)

Krew GPRO
Kiriman: 17138
  Negara:
Argentina 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (4)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #62 dikirim Apr 27 2019, 21:16:04 Sebut 
Quote ( Armando Brito @ April 27th 2019,21:13:15 )

has an average of 20 million bonus for every season, so he is practically starting every season in rookie with 50 million to spend, it is not loyal competition

I don't get where you took this calculation from, Armando. I think you might be confused
Peter Willmore
(Kumpulan Amateur - 26)

Kiriman: 3616
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (1)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #63 dikirim Apr 27 2019, 21:19:14 Sebut 

The problem is the loophole in the rules that lets you have a debt that automatically is paid off every new season for rookie, so this manager, i.e. has an average of 20 million bonus for every season, so he is practically starting every season in rookie with 50 million to spend, it is not loyal competition

A solution could be to pay the rookie's last season debt with the new 30 million, this way this managers can compete and even repeat the same plan but not every season

that defeats the whole purpose of the rookie reset , so by doing this would damage all the newcomers ability to learn and make mistakes to deal with a tiny minority
Sam Norris
(Kumpulan Pro - 19)

Kiriman: 353
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (0)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (1)
Kiriman lama #64 dikirim Apr 27 2019, 21:30:22 Sebut 
Armando has clearly missed the super rookie penalty part, no big deal. But the point is its obviously not enough of a deterrent so id say either increase the figures of the penalty OR just move them into their own rookie groups, simple rule like if you finish in promotion spot but negative funds you move to rookie 1 and so on.

Instead of helmets give these managers dunce cones on their profiles :D
Alan Bevan
(Kumpulan Amateur - 27)

Kiriman: 198
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #65 dikirim Apr 27 2019, 23:15:35 Sebut 
I think I get Armando’s point. Martin finishes each season with a debt of around $20 mill, which is then written off.

He starts the next season with around $30 mill knowing he will again end it with a debt of $20 mill.

I suspect this is where Armondo’s figures are coming from.
Aydoğan Şaşmaz
(Kumpulan Rookie - 30)

Kiriman: 146
  Negara:
Turki 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (0)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #66 dikirim Apr 27 2019, 23:26:44 Sebut 
Well, what else can I say other than things being said here. I once competed in the same group as this guy. He totally kills the sense of zeal of newbies. If you ask me, I do not necessarily agree with the rule of negative balance relegation. Let me explain myself: The person who has a negative balance in Rookie would still struggle in Amateur group and would be relegated back again, so that he would not be able to win consistently in the same group as the one who is not Rookie but still lingers in this serie. My idea can be flawed, and if it is so please point out to it.
Derek Rainey
(Kumpulan Amateur - 73)

Kiriman: 81
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (3)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (1)
Kiriman lama #67 dikirim Apr 28 2019, 09:34:04 Sebut 
He is just a GLORY HUNTER in my opinion.

I can't see the point in staying at Rookie level for so long, where is the pleasure in beating few opponents (some times just 11 competitors racing at that level in one group)

Prove you are not a glory hunter by promoting for a change and try competing against others who are trying to do their best.
Robert Kearney
(Kumpulan Amateur - 90)

Kiriman: 3248
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (2)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (2)
Kiriman lama #68 dikirim Apr 28 2019, 11:33:51 Sebut 
He promoted to amateur one season and retired........ realised his limitations.
He seems to think his stats look great and that he is perceived as a winner........... truth is he is just a small fish in an extremely small pond.
A born loser with serious inflated perceptions of his own worth.

Still, if that’s what he wants to do just look to move to a different group which I believe you can do in rookie.

I feel sorry for the newbies who end up with him but that’s maybe 10 other guys. Why change the rules for one guy..... haven’t seen many others take this seriously ego boosting route. Maybe he has confidence issues and this is his way to boost his confidence. If it is good luck to him.
Juca Santos
(Kumpulan Rookie - 131)

Kiriman: 243
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (7)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (4)
Kiriman lama #69 dikirim Apr 28 2019, 12:38:47 Sebut 
Come one the guy isnt bothering anyone, someone got jealous because cant beat him and decided to frame the guy here, he is playing the way he wants, not taking advantage of any rules, not cheating the game, some people wants to go to the top and some other just want to have fun, pls dont make this a serious game because is just a game!
Constantin Heller
(Kumpulan Amateur - 25)

Kiriman: 2462
  Negara:
Jerman 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (3)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (2)
Kiriman lama #70 dikirim Apr 28 2019, 12:47:27 Sebut 
The guy is clearly not playing as intended and taking points and money off others, compromising their seasons for no reason at all.
Juca Santos
(Kumpulan Rookie - 131)

Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (1)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (2)
Kiriman lama #71 dikirim Apr 28 2019, 12:49:44 Sebut 
Quote ( Constantin Heller @ April 28th 2019,12:47:27 )

The guy is clearly not playing as intended and taking points and money off others, compromising their seasons for no reason at all.
is jus a game and no one should tell you how to play, there is no right or wrong way to play or to "intend" to play, if this is the case then is not a game anymore and just another boring thing
Constantin Heller
(Kumpulan Amateur - 25)

Kiriman: 2462
  Negara:
Jerman 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (3)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (1)
Kiriman lama #72 dikirim Apr 28 2019, 12:52:36 Sebut 
Then why not allow Double Accounts and Cheating as well? If it's fun for someone to play with 10 accounts in the same group, why not let them?

Games are always meant to be played in a specific way, that's why games have rules. Otherwise some people will abuse the system and compromise the fun that others are having.
Kali Hernandez
(Kumpulan Rookie - 26)

Kiriman: 42
  Negara:
Jerman 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (2)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #73 dikirim Apr 28 2019, 12:57:00 Sebut 
Don’t make this a serious game? I try to learn what I am supposed to do and all i get time and again is do your homework investigate and arm yourself with a good set of spreadsheets with formulae you need to figure out yourself because we’re not going to tell you what matters and what not. But sure don’t make this a serious game.

This has nothing to do with jealousy. I have no hope one becoming first of my group, but if you don’t understand how this turns down newbie players you just lack the most very basic empathy levels.

Just look at R26 group. Even when I don’t prepare a race I’m sure I can be no lower than 12 because there is nobody even playing in this group anymore. Some races I have a top 10 result ensured without even playing. Should tell you something already.

You (someone) said a rookie can move to another group, is that so? I’d love to do so.

Levels should pack people with an approximate level of gaming ability (and in this game that means mostly knowledge). And R26 is simply not very good at achieving that
Juca Santos
(Kumpulan Rookie - 131)

Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (1)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (2)
Kiriman lama #74 dikirim Apr 28 2019, 13:06:06 Sebut 
Ive been there mate and i overcame this so yeah get used because each group there is one guy...
Ethan Littlejohns
(Kumpulan Amateur - 73)

Kiriman: 2361
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #75 dikirim Apr 28 2019, 13:20:06 Sebut 

Quote ( Alan Bevan @ April 27th 2019,23:15:35 )

I think I get Armando’s point. Martin finishes each season with a debt of around $20 mill, which is then written off.

He starts the next season with around $30 mill knowing he will again end it with a debt of $20 mill.

I suspect this is where Armondo’s figures are coming from.

He is probably not negative most of the season, and spends all his money on the last races to ensure he doesn't promote. He's not really racing with 20 million more.
Jun Ho
(Kumpulan Retired)

Kiriman: 8525
  Negara:
Hong Kong 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #76 dikirim Apr 28 2019, 13:25:47 Sebut 
To be fair, people can move groups in Rookie....
Juca Santos
(Kumpulan Rookie - 131)

Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (6)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #77 dikirim Apr 28 2019, 13:32:01 Sebut 
Well i think i will move to R26 next season and challenge this guy :)
Kali Hernandez
(Kumpulan Rookie - 26)

Kiriman: 42
  Negara:
Jerman 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #78 dikirim Apr 28 2019, 13:50:39 Sebut 
Quote ( Jun Ho @ April 28th 2019,13:25:47 )

How can I do that?
Giacomo Gotta
(Kumpulan Amateur - 42)

Kiriman: 7
  Negara:
Itali 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (1)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (1)
Kiriman lama #79 dikirim Apr 28 2019, 13:54:07 Sebut 
Quote ( Kali Hernandez @ April 26th 2019,22:54:04 )

it completely breaks the idea that rookie level works to learn the game. it only serves the purpose of earning points to team championships and as a side effect turn down all the newbies. makes it a horrible experience for the rest of us. there should be a rule against this

while it's obviously frustrating for you to play against a manager with a lot of experience, his car (and maybe the driver) are reset at the beginning of every season so it's not really cheating
Robin Goodey
(Kumpulan Elite)

Kiriman: 2096
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (1)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (1)
Kiriman lama #80 dikirim Apr 28 2019, 13:56:29 Sebut 
Quote ( Kali Hernandez @ April 28th 2019,13:50:39 )

How can I do that?

You can only do it for the 'next season' (now that we have started this season)

Think it's in the Account Settings tab at the top somewhere.

Realistically - he's costing you one place - it is seriously NOT a big deal in terms of your long term prospects in the game - just race and aim to come second each time now. It will cost you maybe $2-3m over the season - which you can make up in amateur very easily.
Raimonds Balajs
(Kumpulan Rookie - 137)

Negara:
Latvia 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #81 dikirim Apr 28 2019, 14:08:40 Sebut 
Its not about fair game or cheating, it's about playing style- if i'm rookie, i'm going to newbie forum where it's told; save money, save car as much as possible for good start in amateurs, do not upgrade till it's neccessary etc.etc...

the problem, you can't save money or car because you need to go close to limits to get some points out from super rookies or newbies with aggressive playing style who are following by super rookies..

all guys who got promoted in my group last season straggling in amateurs, non of them got into top 10 and money most of them under 20- 15 M ..

grat future,- is in't.. but in the same time newbie who save himself for amateur got bumped out by points..
Jean-marc Tralamazza
(Kumpulan Amateur - 51)

Kiriman: 16
  Negara:
Switzerland 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #82 dikirim Apr 28 2019, 14:18:40 Sebut 
Why rookie points are the same as others? Doesn't a multiplier solve this kind of 'problems'?
rookie points stays the same, like in every other group, but when added for a team score they could be multiplied by 2 for ama, 3 pro, 4 master and 5 elite.
Winning in amateur is then worth 2 rookie winnings, or reaching P4 in ama equals to a victory in rookies.
Stuart Foster
(Kumpulan Amateur - 86)

Kiriman: 12459
  Negara:
Wales 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (3)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #83 dikirim Apr 28 2019, 14:19:21 Sebut 
One thing I would always support and think it should be done...manager's finishing negative should not only lose the team standing bonus, but it be applied to the next placed manager. So if first place goes negative, P2 gets the standing bonus for P1. I think that's perfectly reasonable.

While we're at it, people doing that should in my opinion also lose half their team points contribution AND all of the points bonus money. You might say that's extreme, but I expect everyone finishing beneath someone performing well and then going negative would think it to be fair(er) on them for having played their season within budget/managing finances better.
Peter Willmore
(Kumpulan Amateur - 26)

Kiriman: 3616
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (2)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #84 dikirim Apr 28 2019, 14:24:17 (terakhir disunting Apr 28 2019, 14:37:05 oleh Peter Willmore) Sebut 
Quote ( Raimonds Balajs @ April 28th 2019,14:08:40 )

the problem, you can't save money or car

These guys promoted to my group from rookie so clearly you can

/gb/ManagerProfile.asp?IDM=808392
/gb/ManagerProfile.asp?IDM=391725

because you need to go close to limits to get some points out from super rookies or newbies with aggressive playing style who are following by super rookies..

The thing is you actually don't if you look and see a super rookie(not that it's actually likely because there are very few) but if you do like the person the OP posted about you go I know I don't need to actually compete with him.

all guys who got promoted in my group last season straggling in amateurs, non of them got into top 10 and money most of them under 20- 15 M ..

how is that relevant to what you are trying to argue , as there was no super rookie in your group last season

Quote ( Jean-marc Tralamazza @ April 28th 2019,14:18:40 )

Why rookie points are the same as others? Doesn't a multiplier solve this kind of 'problems'?

There is already a multiplier

/gb/GPRORules.asp#6-teams
Tibor Szuromi
(Kumpulan Master - 4)

Kiriman: 11906
  Negara:
Hungary 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #85 dikirim Apr 28 2019, 14:38:16 Sebut 
Quote ( Stuart Foster @ April 28th 2019,14:19:21 )

One thing I would always support and think it should be done...manager's finishing negative should not only lose the team standing bonus, but it be applied to the next placed manager. So if first place goes negative, P2 gets the standing bonus for P1. I think that's perfectly reasonable.

While we're at it, people doing that should in my opinion also lose half their team points contribution AND all of the points bonus money. You might say that's extreme, but I expect everyone finishing beneath someone performing well and then going negative would think it to be fair(er) on them for having played their season within budget/managing finances better.
You are "small" strict. :)
Mikko Heikkinen
(Kumpulan Master - 3)

Kiriman: 12503
  Negara:
Finland 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #86 dikirim Apr 28 2019, 15:04:06 Sebut 
Quote ( Kali Hernandez @ April 28th 2019,13:50:39 )

How can I do that?

Account settings -> Reset or delete account tab -> Preferred rookie group

There is a drop-down menu

Note: In order to avoid unbalanced Rookie groups, a maximum of 5 people can select a certain group
Diogo Abdalla
(Kumpulan Amateur - 3)

Kiriman: 309
  Negara:
Brazil 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (2)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (1)
Kiriman lama #87 dikirim Apr 28 2019, 16:19:53 (terakhir disunting Apr 28 2019, 16:24:12 oleh Diogo Abdalla) Sebut 
Quote ( Constantin Heller @ April 28th 2019,12:52:36 )

Then why not allow Double Accounts and Cheating as well? If it's fun for someone to play with 10 accounts in the same group, why not let them?

Games are always meant to be played in a specific way, that's why games have rules. Otherwise some people will abuse the system and compromise the fun that others are having.

He inst breaking any rules. Nowhere in the rules is stated that a person cant stay in rookie for how long he/she wants

Giacomo Gotta
(Kumpulan Amateur - 42)

Negara:
Itali 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (3)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #88 dikirim Apr 28 2019, 16:20:46 Sebut 
by the way, this "super rookie" only won 1 race last season
Juca Santos
(Kumpulan Rookie - 131)

Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #89 dikirim Apr 28 2019, 17:12:42 Sebut 

that doesnt solve the problem really as each group has one/two dominant guys, he has only 7gps against someone with hundreds, i get the frustation as ive been in this situation and it took me 4 to 5 seasons to collectc all the data i need to win races
Jean Chapados
(Kumpulan Amateur - 45)

Kiriman: 276
  Negara:
Kanada 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #90 dikirim Apr 28 2019, 17:35:54 Sebut 
Why not just clasified them by experience. The most experiences go to grouop 1 and so on.
Halaman « 1 2 [34 5 6 7 » Lompat ke halaman:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > General forum > How is this a rookie? Tambah topik ini kepada senarai abai anda Tambah topik ini kepada senarai pemerhatian anda

Balas topik ini