Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > General forum > How is this a rookie? Tambah topik ini kepada senarai abai anda Tambah topik ini kepada senarai pemerhatian anda
Halaman « 1 2 3 [45 6 7 » Lompat ke halaman:
Pengarang Topik: How is this a rookie? 190 balasan
Jon Day
(Kumpulan Pro - 23)

Kiriman: 10019
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (2)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (1)
Kiriman lama #91 dikirim Apr 28 2019, 17:47:15 (terakhir disunting Apr 28 2019, 17:49:23 oleh Jon Day) Sebut 
Quote ( Robert Kearney @ April 28th 2019,11:33:51 )

He seems to think his stats look great and that he is perceived as a winner..
...and you're basing this on what exactly?
Yakup Paçacı
(Kumpulan Rookie - 49)

Kiriman: 841
  Negara:
Turki 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (0)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (1)
Kiriman lama #92 dikirim Apr 28 2019, 18:07:00 Sebut 
Rokie 49 nagy zoltan
Juca Santos
(Kumpulan Rookie - 131)

Kiriman: 243
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #93 dikirim Apr 28 2019, 18:20:52 Sebut 
Quote ( Yakup Paçacı @ April 28th 2019,18:07:00 )

Rokie 49 nagy zoltan
not really
Yakup Paçacı
(Kumpulan Rookie - 49)

Negara:
Turki 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (0)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #94 dikirim Apr 28 2019, 19:06:22 Sebut 
Last 3-4 season 4-3-1-2 to been
Peter Willmore
(Kumpulan Amateur - 26)

Kiriman: 3616
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (1)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #95 dikirim Apr 28 2019, 19:33:41 (terakhir disunting Apr 28 2019, 19:34:10 oleh Peter Willmore) Sebut 
Quote ( Yakup Paçacı @ April 28th 2019,19:06:22 )

he might be doing well past couple of seasons but could hardly be defined as a super rookie, he won 3 races last season, it's not like he's totally dominating the group :)

James Kennard
(Kumpulan Retired)

Kiriman: 10
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #96 dikirim Apr 28 2019, 19:33:57 Sebut 
Quote ( Kali Hernandez @ April 26th 2019,23:27:29 )

I've been active in another thread recently, which questions how to improve newbie retention.
Yakup Paçacı
(Kumpulan Rookie - 49)

Negara:
Turki 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #97 dikirim Apr 28 2019, 19:59:22 Sebut 
Quote ( Peter Willmore @ April 28th 2019,19:33:41 )

Quote ( Yakup Paçacı @ April 28th 2019,19:06:22 )

he might be doing well past couple of seasons but could hardly be defined as a super rookie, he won 3 races last season, it's not like he's totally dominating the group :)

okey, not at the moment ,but to be continue
Shaun Thornton
(Kumpulan Pro - 18)

Kiriman: 866
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #98 dikirim Apr 28 2019, 20:03:40 Sebut 
What about just a random mix up of groups in rookie every season?

Raimonds Balajs
(Kumpulan Rookie - 137)

Kiriman: 7
  Negara:
Latvia 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (2)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #99 dikirim Apr 28 2019, 21:28:00 (terakhir disunting Apr 28 2019, 21:36:00 oleh Raimonds Balajs) Sebut 
Quote ( Peter Willmore @ April 28th 2019,14:24:17 )

These guys promoted to my group from rookie so clearly you can

/gb/ManagerProfile.asp?IDM=808392
/gb/ManagerProfile.asp?IDM=391725

I wish managers like they are in my group...

they are not really a rookies or newbies, they knew what they are doing. they just dropped off from higher tier with a pretty much of experiance and from that guys actually new ones can learn, i believe they are not running after car upgrades..

if top players saves money, newbies trying to do the same and improving their stategies insted cars..

In my group maybe wasnt a clean super rookies, but managers who can't manage higher tier, they are trying to get back by spending money and putting risks, as a new one i'm looking around on top managers, if he wins, spend money, upgrading the car, i will going to do the same just to be fast as he is snd i'm not only one, there is 10 more down the line..

the point is you can get promoted just difference are with 5M in pocket or 40M

in rookie group, there is all the kind of managers

experianced ones who comes after retirment or just reset himself- they come with startegy, win and leave from this guys you can learn.

achevement hunters- they are not leaving till get all the things done trying to get fast as they can

show off- best in a group,if you have 10 seasons behind you should know how to manage your finances

new ones- who try to learn the game and copy fast ones..
if you learn from wrong ones you start amateurs with 5M and big dissapointment

too big difference between managers in rookie level.

my point of view..

feels like there is missing something between rookies and amateurs- group" experianced rookies" drop off point from higher tier and next level for learners

Yakup Paçacı
(Kumpulan Rookie - 49)

Negara:
Turki 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #100 dikirim Apr 28 2019, 23:13:52 Sebut 
so he is practically starting every season in rookie with 50 million to spend, it is not loyal competition
Marcelo Nobre
(Kumpulan Rookie - 168)

Kiriman: 26
  Negara:
Brazil 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #101 dikirim Apr 29 2019, 00:37:18 (terakhir disunting Apr 29 2019, 00:38:42 oleh Marcelo Nobre) Sebut 
Good evening to all!
Well, I believe this may have a simple solution. What do you think of this idea? If a player completes three consecutive seasons with a negative balance, in the next five seasons, GPro itself will prevent him from spending more money than he has and getting a negative balance at the end. Could it be possible?
Christopher Batchlor
(Kumpulan Rookie - 166)

Kiriman: 1227
  Negara:
Amerika Syarikat 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #102 dikirim Apr 29 2019, 02:26:02 (terakhir disunting Apr 29 2019, 02:27:29 oleh Christopher Batchlor) Sebut 
How about force-promoting super rookies to amateur after 2 seasons of negative balance? Then that way they will have to either play the game straight up, or quit. A season is about 8 weeks long, so it's not very long a wait.
Cody Green
(Kumpulan Amateur - 23)

Kiriman: 2
  Negara:
Amerika Syarikat 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #103 dikirim Apr 29 2019, 03:29:30 Sebut 
Why not just reset/wipe their info after so many seasons in rookie (3ish?) so all the accomplishments etc disappear? I dunno why else you'd want to stay there.
Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo
(Kumpulan Pro - 1)

Kiriman: 2728
  Negara:
Mexico 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (4)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (1)
Kiriman lama #104 dikirim Apr 29 2019, 04:14:20 Sebut 
Quote ( Yakup Paçacı @ April 28th 2019,23:13:52 )

so he is practically starting every season in rookie with 50 million to spend, it is not loyal competition

There is no way to start in rookie with 50 million.

Maximum money is 35 million which is the same for every rookies that raced all races the previous season.

Still by finishing negative he will loose one million for every 5 points above 50 that he gained the previous season.

Please don't post false things

Yakup Paçacı
(Kumpulan Rookie - 49)

Negara:
Turki 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #105 dikirim Apr 29 2019, 06:19:28 Sebut 
S.rookie with relagted amateur should be same in the group
Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo
(Kumpulan Pro - 1)

Kiriman: 2728
  Negara:
Mexico 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #106 dikirim Apr 29 2019, 08:30:14 Sebut 
Quote ( Yakup Paçacı @ April 29th 2019,06:19:28 )

They are the same, start with a lvl 1 car and 30-35 million as any rookie.

Only thing they can keep is the driver if its OA is below 85, same as any rookie.

There are no advantages for them other than experience.

You stated this so many times and all.of.them proven wrong, stop finding excuses in that.
Jaco Van Zyl
(Kumpulan Amateur - 70)

Kiriman: 338
  Negara:
Afrika Selatan 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (0)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (2)
Kiriman lama #107 dikirim Apr 29 2019, 09:06:46 Sebut 
Is it just me or does it not mean anything that this "Super Rookie" was easily beaten last season with a guy who started his 6 race at the beginning of the season?

Recon the guy who beat him was no stranger to competition when going into ama.

If the punishment was increased from 1 mil for every 5 points to something like 1 mil for every 3 points they would disappear.
Yakup Paçacı
(Kumpulan Rookie - 49)

Negara:
Turki 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #108 dikirim Apr 29 2019, 09:25:18 (terakhir disunting Apr 29 2019, 09:27:20 oleh Yakup Paçacı) Sebut 
Quote ( Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo @ April 29th 2019,08:30:14 )

S.rookie with relagted amateur should be same in the group Quote ( Yakup Paçacı @ April 29th 2019,06:19:28 )

They are the same, start with a lvl 1 car and 30-35 million as any rookie.

Only thing they can keep is the driver if its OA is below 85, same as any rookie.

There are no advantages for them other than experience.

You stated this so many times and all.of.them proven wrong, stop finding excuses in that.
Something will not change for me, because I'm already going to the amateur again.
James Keeble
(Kumpulan Rookie - 173)

Kiriman: 3264
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (1)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (1)
Kiriman lama #109 dikirim Apr 29 2019, 09:31:24 Sebut 
its what you call a GIMP
Jody Parker
(Kumpulan Pro - 9)

Kiriman: 767
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #110 dikirim Apr 29 2019, 10:17:12 Sebut 
Quote ( Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo @ April 29th 2019,04:14:20 )

There is no way to start in rookie with 50 million.

Maximum money is 35 million which is the same for every rookies that raced all races the previous season.

Still by finishing negative he will loose one million for every 5 points above 50 that he gained the previous season.

Please don't post false things

He did not say he started with 50 million, he said "practically starting".
Quote ( Yakup Paçacı @ April 28th 2019,23:13:52 )

Meaning that if he starts with 30 million and spends down to negative 20 million he has spent 50 million in total (30+20) for that season.
Paweł Szewczyk
(Kumpulan Rookie - 18)

Kiriman: 105
  Negara:
Poland 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (1)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (1)
Kiriman lama #111 dikirim Apr 29 2019, 10:30:20 Sebut 
In fact he spent for any season lot more than 50 milions, cause You have to add all the cash he gains from races, and when he wins most of them You can easily add almost 120 millions only form races (having in mind that he gest at least 7 from each race).
Vesa Ritvanen
(Kumpulan Amateur - 19)

Kiriman: 1429
  Negara:
Finland 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (6)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (1)
Kiriman lama #112 dikirim Apr 29 2019, 10:44:43 Sebut 
This conversation has gone now in so wrong direction because of people who don't know the rules.

Super Rookies don't start insane amount of cash because of the penalty, they start less money than others.

Point here is that they know how to do things and they use it against these total newbies just because they wanna be king of the hill. Reminds me of that British tv-show where dad beats his kids in every sport and feel great about it.
Jon Day
(Kumpulan Pro - 23)

Kiriman: 10019
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (7)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (1)
Kiriman lama #113 dikirim Apr 29 2019, 11:34:20 (terakhir disunting Apr 29 2019, 11:35:02 oleh Jon Day) Sebut 
Quote ( Vesa Ritvanen @ April 29th 2019,10:44:43 )

Point here is that they know how to do things and they use it against these total newbies just because they wanna be king of the hill
Actually the main point here is people just don't seem to understand that some people want different things out of a "game". Maybe he's just happy to stay in rookie, maybe he just sees this for what it is and just wants to have a bit of fun away from real life shit.

He hasn't posted a single post on here so God only knows how managers can claim he "seems to think his stats look great" or how he boasts to his mates how good he is.

He may not play the game in a way that most of us do or dare I say try to, but, hey, who are we to judge.

You know what, there's enough crap in real life to worry about without people pissing their pants over a guy who chooses just to have a bit of fun.
Kali Hernandez
(Kumpulan Rookie - 26)

Kiriman: 42
  Negara:
Jerman 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (5)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (3)
Kiriman lama #114 dikirim Apr 29 2019, 12:14:29 Sebut 
Quote ( Jon Day @ April 29th 2019,11:34:20 )

He may not play the game in a way that most of us do or dare I say try to, but, hey, who are we to judge.

So the thing is not so much about how he plays the game, but how this impact on others wanting to play the game, who are following the rules and the directions.
If there is a rule about super rookies, it is not being applied to this particular user. We are noone to judge, but the rules are there for a reason, I guess. Looks like this super rookie rule is set specifically for a case like this one, so let's just apply it.

Also, as author of the OP, this was about how difficult for newbie it is to join, learn all the aspects of the game and deal with users who do whatever they do but in the end means that there is barely any incentive for you to keep investing time on the game as a newbie. Interestingly I have discovered through the thread that a lot of people here don't seem to care much about what the newbie feelings are towards the game, which might explain how it becomes hard to encourage player retention.

Just look at the quali stats for this group. per average only 15 managers complete quali rounds, that means 62% of the managers on this group don't even bother anymore. From a peak of 19 qualified managers in round 10 of the season, it went down all the way to just 11 in the last race, 13 in the previous 2. This does mean something, doesn't it?

The main point here is not this player in particular or how he plays the game. The point is how this sort of using the game discourages newbies from keeping playing. Either you don't see that or you just don't care about it.
Juca Santos
(Kumpulan Rookie - 131)

Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (0)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (2)
Kiriman lama #115 dikirim Apr 29 2019, 12:21:33 (terakhir disunting Apr 29 2019, 12:23:21 oleh Juca Santos) Sebut 
Constantin Heller
(Kumpulan Amateur - 25)

Kiriman: 2462
  Negara:
Jerman 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #116 dikirim Apr 29 2019, 12:22:50 Sebut 
Quote ( Kali Hernandez @ April 29th 2019,12:14:29 )

If there is a rule about super rookies, it is not being applied to this particular user.

Yes it is. It's a passive rule that makes you start next season with significantly less money when you're negative with over 50 points in Rookie.

The rule just isn't harsh enough to completely stop this "strategy", apparently
Mark Blackwell
(Kumpulan Amateur - 64)

Kiriman: 11
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #117 dikirim Apr 29 2019, 12:25:38 Sebut 
Just want to put a counter point out there! Is it only me that thinks this guy has a reasonably impressive record in rookie?

I accept that this is a controversial view, but when I looked at his record I just had to laugh! Kudos to him - although tbh I can't really admire a guy who sticks in rookie by choice. He has 22 out of 24 rookie ranked achievements, and every season is managing to get 1st or 2nd finishes despite being penalised for going negative.

I accept as he knows he is going negative he can access $20m of funds others don't - so he's playing the game differently from most of us, but this option is currently open to us all. He's clearly having fun in rookie, and importantly he is succeeding within the existing rules.

Sorry if this offends people who worry about genuine newbie drivers - and I do accept he is impacting these drivers - but I agree with the poster who said others can learn from him. I also think whilst the impact can be demotivating this is more to do with the viewpoint of the 'victim'. The game isn't always 'fair', and people need to learn to cope with this. Personally I wouldn't be too upset to be beaten in rookie by a guy with this amount of experience. In fact I'd be delighted to beat him - if I could. And he probably won't stop me promoting - although I accept he may lessen my enjoyment by stopping me getting more points than I otherwise might have done.

If others don't like what he is up to then no doubt they'll put pressure to make further rule changes. I'd certainly not object to reasonable changes to prevent what he's doing. However if I'm totally honest I did really get a buzz from rookie, whereas amateur is a bit of a slog - so I think I understand his enthusiasm for getting 'easier' results at the rookie level. It's not how I've chosen to play this game, but I can see why it might be more appealing to some people.

IMO the most obvious change to stop this is just to let those going negative promote - they'll soon learn this won't get you very far! The game is after all set out as a money management game (as stated in the guide) as much if not more than a race game. If we let negative people promote but clearly explain the problems of going negative in the rules then newbies should learn quickly not to go negative and promote. I doubt people who are genuinely interested will be put off by this. It is just a genuine FOBY people need to learn to progress to higher levels successfully!
Juca Santos
(Kumpulan Rookie - 131)

Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (1)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #118 dikirim Apr 29 2019, 12:32:35 Sebut 
Quote ( Constantin Heller @ April 29th 2019,12:22:50 )

The rule just isn't harsh enough to completely stop this "strategy", apparently
is not harsh enough if you ''control'' your points, if you finish the season with 100pts you pay 10M super rookie penalty, which leaves you with 25M to start a newseason ''if u completed all races'', which is totally manageable.
Robin Goodey
(Kumpulan Elite)

Kiriman: 2096
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (5)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #119 dikirim Apr 29 2019, 12:42:44 Sebut 
How to make a mountain out of a molehill.

Perspective people.......

:)
Rastislav Padysak
(Kumpulan Rookie - 85)

Kiriman: 611
  Negara:
Slovakia 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (1)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (3)
Kiriman lama #120 dikirim Apr 29 2019, 13:02:46 Sebut 
Witch hunting...
Halaman « 1 2 3 [45 6 7 » Lompat ke halaman:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > General forum > How is this a rookie? Tambah topik ini kepada senarai abai anda Tambah topik ini kepada senarai pemerhatian anda

Balas topik ini