Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Suggestions forum > Accidents and safety car Tambah topik ini kepada senarai abai anda Tambah topik ini kepada senarai pemerhatian anda
Halaman « 1 2 [3 Lompat ke halaman:
Pengarang Topik: Accidents and safety car 62 balasan
Andrew Wilden
(Kumpulan Amateur - 34)

Kiriman: 1502
  Negara:
Australia 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (0)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #61 dikirim Jul 23 2019, 15:20:12 (terakhir disunting Jul 23 2019, 15:44:38 oleh Andrew Wilden) Sebut 
For sure I agree with a little extra fuel as a safety margin.
I always do it
But
That wasn't the question or suggestion that you responded to. It was from a Rookie that has obviously made a couple of mis calculations & pitted late.

As for your suggestion about the tick box;
"Don't refuel for technical problems "
Of course I have seen it.
Opens up another can of worms 😩

Lets use your figures in a hypothetical situation.
60 lap race on a one stop.
Need 110,110 fuel
But
As you said fueled 120,115.
So first pit will be lap 32 rather than lap 30
Right ?
Lap 28 you get a tech random, "Wobbly wheel " for example so pit on lap 29.
Problem fixed in a slow pit, BUT No refuelling.
So what happens?
Lap 32 you pit again for fuel 😢😢😢😢

If you hadn't ticked that bloody box, 115 litres would have been put in the car, which was enough for the 31 laps to get to the finish.

You just turned your 1 stop into a 2 stop, thanks to ticking that box. Hmmmmm.......bad choice 😣😣😣

I think, judging by your posts. You have been EXTREMELY lucky avoiding Randoms.

Edit;
BTW this is in no way a personal attack on you, so please don't take it as such.
I just felt you had given some poor advice to a Rookie & naturally responded to it.
Cheers

Michael Jones
(Kumpulan Pro - 25)

Kiriman: 1386
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #62 dikirim Jul 23 2019, 15:59:36 Sebut 
Bela Ormos.

Ticking the box for tech wont help if as Andrew suggested 1st time that you have a puncture very early in race then you will be pitting very often for your low fuel because you have already added your planned fuel.
Béla Ormos
(Kumpulan Pro - 3)

Kiriman: 716
  Negara:
Hungary 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #63 dikirim Jul 23 2019, 16:45:19 Sebut 
Quote ( Andrew Wilden @ July 23rd 2019,15:20:12 )

I think, judging by your posts. You have been EXTREMELY lucky avoiding Randoms.

It's not about luck, you can find out the reason if you compare our history. There is a certain way to reduce Randoms, although it's a bit of random if you succeed with it or not. :) But yes, randoms are usually avoid me. :)

Edit;
BTW this is in no way a personal attack on you, so please don't take it as such.
I just felt you had given some poor advice to a Rookie & naturally responded to it.
Cheers

I don't feel offended. I wanted to make a point, but you pointed out I was clearly failed with my point.
The Rookie asked if it would be possible just to fuel in last laps, and I wanted to point out it is possible you have enough fuel at the end of race, but you need new tyres.

Lets use your figures in a hypothetical situation.
60 lap race on a one stop.
Need 110,110 fuel
But
As you said fueled 120,115.
So first pit will be lap 32 rather than lap 30
Right ?
Lap 28 you get a tech random, "Wobbly wheel " for example so pit on lap 29.
Problem fixed in a slow pit, BUT No refuelling.
So what happens?
Lap 32 you pit again for fuel

Yes that's a situation which frequently comes up. But that's caused by a random event (my drivers usually want new helmet...). Annoying, but most of the time you won't pit just a few laps before your planned pit. It's so rare, that I don't even remember a single case when it happened to me... So in my opinion it is safer to tick that box. Specially since it can way worse if you not. You have to be extremely lucky to make advantage of not ticking that box. But that's just my opinion.
Halaman « 1 2 [3 Lompat ke halaman:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Suggestions forum > Accidents and safety car Tambah topik ini kepada senarai abai anda Tambah topik ini kepada senarai pemerhatian anda

Balas topik ini