Halaman « 1 2 [34 ... 46 47 48 » Lompat ke halaman:
Undian topik forum
Who will win the 1959 F1R Drivers Championship?
Daftar masuk untuk mengundi atau melihat keputusan undian
Pengarang Topik: F1 Revisited - 1959 1418 balasan
Jonathan Beagles
(Kumpulan Pro - 16)

Mod topik
Kiriman: 6126
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (0)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #61 dikirim Jan 26 2020, 23:58:32 Sebut 
Ferrari begin this season the way they ended the last one - by appearing consistently at the top of the standings, though on this occasion it is their new Brazilian signing that has set a blistering pace to claim Provisional Pole...though reigning F1R champion von Trips is in a strong 2nd position and already some 1.1 seconds ahead of the Aston Martin of Salvadori, who lost his seat at Ferrari at the end of last season.

The 1st ever female F1R driver currently sits 4th for Aston Martin, as Maria Teresa de Filippis leads a quarter of newcomers to the championship, as Testut's Porsche is 5th from the Connaught's of Cliff Allison and Carroll Shelby. Plenty of time for all of those positions to change though...!

Provisional Pole - Fritz d'Orey (Ferrari) - 52.260

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SDwQZ0_Z3nOhGZao5qbv...

https://i.imgur.com/hzQ50Z8.jpg

Fritz d'Orey* only competed in 3 F1 races - all in the 1959 season...this picture is of him driving his Maserati against the Cooper of Chris Bristow at the British GP. d'Orey is ahead in the picture.

* - In case you are wondering why he is called Fritz dOrey on the sheets - it's because Google Docs and apostrophes do not mix well...!
James Keeble
(Kumpulan Rookie - 83)

Kiriman: 3264
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (2)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (1)
Kiriman lama #62 dikirim Jan 27 2020, 10:17:51 Sebut 
amazing race!
Jonathan Beagles
(Kumpulan Pro - 16)

Mod topik
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #63 dikirim Jan 27 2020, 22:34:58 Sebut 
Fritz d'Orey continues to lead the way for Ferrari, with de Filippis now up to 2nd place for Aston Martin - though both have now finished their sessions. Trintignant is a strong 3rd for Porsche, with von Trips and Brabham in the remaining Ferrari's currently 4th and 5th and looking ominous to those ahead...!

Salvadori is right behind his ex-compatriots in 6th, while Allison, Testut and Shelby round out those who have set a lap-time thus far. Though Tony Brooks has also ventured out for Aston Martin, but is yet to actually set a lap-time...

Provisional Pole - Fritz d'Orey (Ferrari) - 52.260

https://i.imgur.com/tUtciqw.jpg

Maria Teresa de Filippis (pictured here) was the first ever female F1 driver, with a career best finish of 10th place at the 1958 Belgian GP.
Jonathan Beagles
(Kumpulan Pro - 16)

Mod topik
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #64 dikirim Jan 28 2020, 01:14:39 Sebut 
So there was an issue with the sheets, which is now resolved (after the lap it was defaulting to the Current Lap cell).

Macca has also advised that once you put the last braking point into the sheet that you press 'Enter' afterwards in order to ensure the final number has been inputted.

As always, any issues let me know! :)
John Ibbotson
(Kumpulan Master - 5)

Kiriman: 220
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (2)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #65 dikirim Jan 28 2020, 10:26:12 Sebut 
Maserati drivers, please check into the garage.
Mairo Toom
(Kumpulan Amateur - 27)

Kiriman: 12780
  Negara:
Estonia 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #66 dikirim Jan 28 2020, 14:24:55 Sebut 
To BRM drivers - I've been doing loads of calculations today. I have some new information/data on the wall you should test out in Indy.

Kyle Morris
(Kumpulan Amateur - 62)

Kiriman: 6688
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (1)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #67 dikirim Jan 29 2020, 00:00:30 Sebut 
Cooper Drivers - i have finally delivered the cars to the track... Bloody traffic, took a wrong turn at Albuquerque...
Steve Wade
(Kumpulan Amateur - 72)

Kiriman: 36
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #68 dikirim Jan 29 2020, 00:40:58 Sebut 
Quote ( Kyle Morris @ January 29th 2020,00:00:30 )

Cooper Drivers - i have finally delivered the cars to the track... Bloody traffic, took a wrong turn at Albuquerque...

Typical New Mexico signage. Adobe on Adobe, more tactile than visual. Many a lost weekend......
Jonathan Beagles
(Kumpulan Pro - 16)

Mod topik
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #69 dikirim Jan 29 2020, 22:44:50 Sebut 
A real shake-up in the established order, as the man consider by most to be "forever the bridesmaid" leads the way for Cooper! Ron Flockhart manages to pull an impressive 3 tenth gap over erstwhile Pole Sitters Brabham and d'Orey in the Ferrari's - with Phil Hill up to 4th for BRM with an extra lap still to run!

It's a strong 5th for Schell in the Lotus, who loves this track, while the Aston Martin's of Salvadori, Brooks and de Filippis are currently 6th, 7th and 9th - with newcomer Ward in 8th for Lotus in what looks like an extremely creditable debut thus far...

Gregory rounds out the Top 10 for BRM, and is now one of only a few drivers in the Top 16 or so that has laps left to run. Scarlatti and Naylor for JBW are sandwiching the Porsche's of Trintignant and Gendebien in places 11 to 14, with Graham Hill in the BRM 15th with several laps of his own still to run. Testut has a more difficult debut, as the Monegasque is currently 16th and last of those that has set a lap.

Also qualified, and with a good amount of laps to run, are von Trips, Behra, McLaren, Shelby, Gurney, Bonnier, Allison, Moss and de Beaufort - which leaves Herrmann, Bianchi, Fairman, Ireland and Burgess that are yet to qualify as it stands...

Provisional Pole - Ron Flockhart (Cooper) - 51.805

https://i.imgur.com/V0eW8Vw.jpg

Ron Flockhart (pictured here at the 1959 Monaco GP) arguably peaked in his F1 career back in 1956 where he secured an unlikely podium at the Italian GP - while in 1959 he unfortunately finished pointless by the end of the season, which including retirement at the 1959 Monaco GP!
Graham Mercer
(Kumpulan Pro - 4)

Kiriman: 2008
  Negara:
Australia 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #70 dikirim Jan 29 2020, 22:54:54 (terakhir disunting Jan 29 2020, 23:13:01 oleh Graham Mercer) Sebut 
This is Tabac corner approaching the swimming pool, November 2019.
Hope it looks a bit better by the time May comes around ;)
[img]https://i.imgur.com/3JsMgPK.jpg[/img]
https://i.imgur.com/3JsMgPK.jpg

For some reason the image won't display :(
Jonathan Beagles
(Kumpulan Pro - 16)

Mod topik
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #71 dikirim Jan 29 2020, 23:04:58 Sebut 
Nice - I'm actually there in May to see my 1st ever F1 race live :D :D :D

Not missed a race since 1994 - but they've all been on TV...!
Jun Ho
(Kumpulan Retired)

Kiriman: 8525
  Negara:
Hong Kong 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #72 dikirim Jan 29 2020, 23:31:13 Sebut 
LUCIEN BIANCHI DRUNK DURING TEAM BRIEFING

There have been reports of Lucien Bianchi, the new driver for the Cooper team, seemingly belligerent and drunk during one of their team meetings. This will explain the several days disappearance of the young Belgian driver, who is tipped to be the highest ranked Belgian driver in this season's Formula One season.

More to follow
Kyle Morris
(Kumpulan Amateur - 62)

Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #73 dikirim Jan 30 2020, 00:00:22 Sebut 
Keep posting laps like that and i wouldn't care if you came in the garage naked riding with Dick
Jun Ho
(Kumpulan Retired)

Negara:
Hong Kong 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #74 dikirim Jan 30 2020, 00:03:21 (terakhir disunting Jan 30 2020, 00:03:52 oleh Jun Ho) Sebut 
Quote ( Kyle Morris @ January 30th 2020,00:00:22 )

Keep posting laps like that and i wouldn't care if you came in the garage naked riding with Dick

Lucien will like that, although if you look in the garage, you might not like what other things Lucien likes.
Mike Baston
(Kumpulan Pro - 14)

Kiriman: 1905
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #75 dikirim Jan 30 2020, 00:16:38 Sebut 
@Piotr Wechterowicz (A87) & @Stefan Gommans (M4) I've found *coughs* some cars & badged them up as Vanwall's ;)
Kyle Morris
(Kumpulan Amateur - 62)

Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #76 dikirim Jan 30 2020, 00:34:52 Sebut 
I think we can just end quali now. No need to have anyone else qualify i think its just a waste Jon don't you think?
Stefan Gommans
(Kumpulan Master - 4)

Kiriman: 1706
  Negara:
Belanda 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #77 dikirim Jan 30 2020, 08:07:18 Sebut 

Quote ( Mike Baston @ January 30th 2020,00:16:38 )

@Piotr Wechterowicz (A87) & @Stefan Gommans (M4) I've found *coughs* some cars & badged them up as Vanwall's ;)
Are they red? xD
Gavin Adam
(Kumpulan Pro - 16)

Kiriman: 100
  Negara:
Australia 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #78 dikirim Jan 30 2020, 08:09:44 Sebut 
Whoa, look at them coopers go...

did you guys buy Ferrari's engines or what??
Jonathan Beagles
(Kumpulan Pro - 16)

Mod topik
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #79 dikirim Jan 31 2020, 02:07:05 Sebut 
Quote ( Kyle Morris @ January 30th 2020,00:34:52 )

I think we can just end quali now. No need to have anyone else qualify i think its just a waste Jon don't you think?

You wish! :P

Seriously though; Indy is the worst track for cars making a big difference, as it's the easiest to figure out and so the differences between drivers is tiny. Right now safe to say that car > multiplier, which is good in terms of muting multiplier effect...though not so good for an exciting qualifying session thus far.

Will review it later - but I'm expecting a more exciting race to unfold thanks to the changes this season, which is the really important bit! :)
Jonathan Beagles
(Kumpulan Pro - 16)

Mod topik
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #80 dikirim Jan 31 2020, 02:41:07 (terakhir disunting Feb 1 2020, 18:20:31 oleh Jonathan Beagles) Sebut 
The Cooper squadron look to have made some real upgrades to their package this time around and certainly their car massively suits the track conditions right now! Behra has now assumed Pole from team-mate Flockhart (did someone say "bridesmaid"...?!?) with newcomer Bianchi in a solid 3rd position as they manage to overhaul the Ferrari trio led by our reigning champion Wolfgang von Trips in 4th, from Brabham 5th and d'Orey 6th!

Phill Hill is a solid 7th for BRM, with the Lotus duo of Schell and Herrmann a strong 8th and 9th with Salvadori doing a sterling job to put his Aston Martin into the Top 10 as things stand...! Brooks, Ward, de Filippis, Scarlatti, Trintignant, Gendebien, JBW debutants Naylor and Burgess, Testut and Allison round out those that have finished their session.

That means with time running out, attention has turned to Gurney's Maserati in 13th, Gregory's BRM in 15th, Graham Hill's BRM in 21st and then the gaggle at the back including McLaren, Ireland, Shelby, Bonnier, Moss and de Beaufort to run the remainder of their laps - with only Fairman yet to show his hand at all as he sits in the garage and waits for the opportune moment...!

Provisional Pole - Jean Behra (Cooper) - 51.713

https://i.imgur.com/G8HZQJ1.jpg

A much better start to the season for Bianchi in F1R than in the real F1 then, where his 1st race of the 1959 season was his 1st ever experience of F1 and he subsequently failed to qualify - and did not take part in another session until his home race in 1960!

(NB - just worked out why Cooper and Ferrari are at the front, and it's something that is within the Team Principal's control...same thing that happened at the start of last season too in fact! Though somewhat nice to see that the game is keeping an element of realism if you look at the 1959 Teams Championship :)

Deadline for last qualifying laps is 23:59 CET on Friday (not that I will be online then) with deadline for setups at 13:00 CET on the Saturday. Expect the race to happen mostly on Sunday, but with a little on Saturday hopefully! :)
Kyle Morris
(Kumpulan Amateur - 62)

Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #81 dikirim Jan 31 2020, 09:24:35 (terakhir disunting Jan 31 2020, 09:24:57 oleh Kyle Morris) Sebut 
I think it's unfair to call Flockhart the bridesmaid. There is nothing in his contract to say he should pull over for small fat angry Frenchman

**studies the contract closely to see that it's exactly what his contract says, before quickly hiding it*

Nothing!
Jonathan Beagles
(Kumpulan Pro - 16)

Mod topik
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #82 dikirim Jan 31 2020, 09:46:49 Sebut 
Quote ( Kyle Morris @ January 31st 2020,09:24:35 )

I think it's unfair to call Flockhart the bridesmaid.

Best finishes:

1958 = 6th
1957 = 7th
1956 = 19th
1954 = 12th

Just for some context - did laugh at your post on a crowded train though Kyle :)
Jun Ho
(Kumpulan Retired)

Negara:
Hong Kong 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #83 dikirim Jan 31 2020, 10:04:29 Sebut 
Quote ( Kyle Morris @ January 31st 2020,09:24:35 )

I think it's unfair to call Flockhart the bridesmaid. There is nothing in his contract to say he should pull over for small fat angry Frenchman

**studies the contract closely to see that it's exactly what his contract says, before quickly hiding it*

Nothing!

What about a Belgian?
Tom Byrne
(Kumpulan Rookie - 101)

Kiriman: 245
  Negara:
Australia 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #84 dikirim Jan 31 2020, 10:38:27 Sebut 
Lotus showing some good pace this weekend, I like it!
Mark Witney
(Kumpulan Amateur - 46)

Kiriman: 1873
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #85 dikirim Jan 31 2020, 11:00:43 Sebut 
Connaught are offering a reward for the return of our missing 5th gear, free access to the team bar all season.... 😉🍺🤔
Jonathan Beagles
(Kumpulan Pro - 16)

Mod topik
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #86 dikirim Jan 31 2020, 11:04:49 Sebut 
No setups received from:

Dan Gurney (Maserati)
Jack Brabham (Ferrari)
Hans Herrmann (Lotus)
Stirling Moss (Connaught)
Joakim Bonnier (Maserati)
Carel Godin de Beaufort (Vanwall
Graham Hill (BRM)
Masten Gregory (BRM)
Jack Fairman (Vanwall)*
Innes Ireland (Vanwall)
Harry Schell (Lotus)
Maurice Trintignant (Porsche)
Roy Salvadori (Aston Martin)
Jean Behra (Cooper)
Bruce McLaren (Maserati)
Carroll Shelby (Connaught)
Oliver Gendebien (Porsche)
Rodger Ward (Lotus)
André Testut (Porsche)
Brian Naylor (JBW)

* = Not Qualified Yet...

You have until 13:00 CET on Saturday to submit these!!!
Kyle Morris
(Kumpulan Amateur - 62)

Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #87 dikirim Jan 31 2020, 12:22:41 Sebut 
I posted my setup didnt I? Or did I post it in the garage then not bother to put it on the sheet xD
Quote ( Jun Ho @ January 31st 2020,10:04:29 )

What about a Belgian?

Must have forgot to write something because I didnt think you would be that close to me, whoops
Mark Witney
(Kumpulan Amateur - 46)

Kiriman: 1873
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #88 dikirim Jan 31 2020, 20:43:23 Sebut 
Done.

Connaught drivers, please check out PM with shortcut details. :P
Jonathan Beagles
(Kumpulan Pro - 16)

Mod topik
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #89 dikirim Feb 1 2020, 12:16:15 (terakhir disunting Feb 1 2020, 13:30:55 oleh Jonathan Beagles) Sebut 
Qualifying is over - grid etc all to come later today.

You have until 13:00 CET to get your race setups submitted!

Still waiting for:

Harry Schell (Lotus) @Rocco Stallone (R20)

Mairo Toom
(Kumpulan Amateur - 27)

Kiriman: 12780
  Negara:
Estonia 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (1)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (1)
Kiriman lama #90 dikirim Feb 1 2020, 12:16:44 Sebut 
Letsgooo ! :)
Halaman « 1 2 [34 ... 46 47 48 » Lompat ke halaman:

Balas topik ini