Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Suggestions forum > Should...something...happen to Avonn/Yoko tyres? Tambah topik ini kepada senarai abai anda Tambah topik ini kepada senarai pemerhatian anda
Halaman « 1 2 3 4 [5 Lompat ke halaman:
Undian topik forum
Should their be a change to the price or performance of Yoko/Avonn's?
Daftar masuk untuk mengundi atau melihat keputusan undian
Pengarang Topik: Should...something...happen to Avonn/Yoko tyres? 126 balasan
Jasper Coosemans1
(Kumpulan Elite)

Kiriman: 3021
  Negara:
Belgium 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (3)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #121 dikirim Feb 14 2022, 23:31:37 Sebut 
Due to the high number of Hancocks and low number of Conties in Elite (before this season), Yokos are easier to retain on than Dunnos, and they're financially more interesting too.

Anyway, I don't think these tyres should be balanced in a way to make them viable in Elite. Having balance in Master and Pro is just as important. Dunno hold 20% market share there, so it doesn't seem too bad to me.
Vitaly Sevov
(Kumpulan Amateur - 9)

Kiriman: 522
  Negara:
Federasi Russia 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (0)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (1)
Kiriman lama #122 dikirim Feb 14 2022, 23:35:14 Sebut 
Quote ( Jun Ho @ February 14th 2022,23:03:57 )

This is not about Avonn or Yoko, but more about Dunnos. Do they need to be changed at all? In the last 10 season, only four people in Elite has selected them (out of 400). All other tyre choices were selected in Elite one way or another, so I have no idea why Dunnos are being discounted by all players. Does a change need to happen for Dunnos?

This is a genuine question btw. I just never understood the lack of Dunno tyre choices in Elite, so was just wondering if there were a change that you would want on them to actually put them as a viable choice in Elite? :D

I checked you've never chosen Dunnos too :) So your post is a promotion campaign, in order to create a comfortable opportunity to finally pick them? :) Common, just click that button when you are in Pro and that's it :) Race with Dunno. I did it only once. My first time in Pro. And then relegated :):)
George Slater4
(Kumpulan Elite)

Kiriman: 603
  Negara:
Kanada 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (7)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #123 dikirim Feb 14 2022, 23:47:06 (terakhir disunting Feb 14 2022, 23:49:01 oleh George Slater) Sebut 
Dunnolops are the second most popular tyre choice in the game this season, being selected by about 19% of managers in pro and above who have picked tyres, second only to Yokomama. Judging by that, they clearly are relevant to the game overall.

Does it matter if they are relevant to elite? I would say no, and I would say it's just about impossible for all 9 tyres to be relevant in any one category. What is beneficial in tyre selection changes by tier, relative to their prices and what other managers are likely to pick. The relatively balanced performance of Dunnos which likely is behind their pro/master success ultimately can never really match the performance of the premium tyres (making their selection a daunting prospect). Oppositely, the cost of premium tyres makes them less viable in pro and master where they make very little sense financially compared to tyres like Yoko or Dunno.
Jun Ho
(Kumpulan Amateur - 52)

Kiriman: 8525
  Negara:
Hong Kong 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (0)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #124 dikirim Feb 15 2022, 23:32:25 Sebut 
Hmm that's fair. Maybe it's just me that wanted to see all 9 tyre choices viable for the top division. I haven;t even really focused on the Pro and Master level in terms of tyres as all bottom 6 are pretty evenly used (assumed the top 3 were too expensive to be viable down the levels).
James Hitchen
(Kumpulan Pro - 4)

Kiriman: 592
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (0)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #125 dikirim Feb 16 2022, 00:04:20 Sebut 
I can’t speak for Elite but in Pro and Master i think the current state of tyres are nicely balanced. only issue i’d raise is yokos maybe being a bit too straight forward in pro. BY and dunnos tend to be taken by promo candidates, if people want something a little different they tend to go avonn, if you need OBP they go conti. Obviously people will vary from this but it seems to be the general trend. From observation the only improvement i’d make would be making it a little less straight forward for managers in the mid pack of pro to take yoko, but i’m mindful of any changes for that disrupting higher categories. But ultimately i think it’s all opinion based, many will probably say they like the tyre balance of pro as it is. There will never be a perfect balance in each tier. When i take a new tyre i always find myself surprised by the way things go, it’s why i’m on BY because i had absolutely nothing better to do with my time and felt like doing something different :)
Luke Frost
(Kumpulan Master - 5)

Kiriman: 11111
  Negara:
Australia 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (2)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #126 dikirim Feb 16 2022, 00:41:28 (terakhir disunting Feb 16 2022, 00:41:45 oleh Luke Frost) Sebut 
Just enjoying the title as it sounds like a mob boss putting a hit on someone. What something? :D
Edwin Silva
(Kumpulan Master - 2)

Kiriman: 2235
  Negara:
Colombia 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (3)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #127 dikirim Feb 16 2022, 01:36:44 Sebut 
Perhaps that's not Hun's intention, but generally when we have these kind of discussions it leads to Dunnos' cost being increased (in the 50s) and Yokos's cost being increased (S60s?). So I wouldn't be surprised if this converges towards a further cost increase of Yokos, whereas the discussion is way more complex than that.

In order to show the complexity, let's imagine a very simple scenario: there is just 1 tier above Amateur and there are only 2 tyre brands, A and B, B being generally superior in performance. Not necessarily superior all the time, but in general over a season.

For simplicity, let's say if everybody picks the inferior but cheaper tyre A in average everybody expects to make 5M bank during the season. That's optimal, but it isn't a Nash point: you could think ok, let's pick the 20M more expensive per season tyre B but I will roflstomp everybody and I'll bank 30M (Q+R, FLs, sponsorship, whatever you get by having superior performance), so my balance won't be +5M but +15M. Sweet. The problem is, you aren't the only one thinking this. There are other managers and for any who picks tyre B your expected gain share is smaller (he/she will contest on the same conditions as you), which is bad for you but also bad for everybody picking tyre A (they will get roflstomped by more people, so they won't expect to make +5M balance but worse). In fact, that's the reason almost anybody outside Elite picks Pipis (and Pipis in Elite are due to reasons with nice rewards beyond this post): despite cheaper, they will be so destroyed by everybody else the bang for buck becomes terrible.

In this betrayal situation (from game theory point of view; I'm not calling anybody a betrayer), the smaller the difference between the two tyres in cost or the higher in performance the better it becomes to pick the superior tyre (and, conversely, the more screwed are those who must pick the inferior tyre). From this there are 2 conclusions: i. Aiming for similar tyre share is actually quite bad and ii. In the specific case of Dunnos they got very harmed when BYs were improved without being made but a bit more expensive while Dunnos themselves got quite more expensive some time before.

I won't delve into further nuances, such as the fact this isn't balanced at all either. Newcomers have higher assets availability, so they can pick the superior tyres and still sustain, even if not for too long, so a premium tyre is not equally unfeasible for every manager. Also a tyre that might be decent in a tier can be very bad in other tier (BYs are too expensive for Pro but less destructive in Master, for instance) or tyres can be extremely good finances wise but not performing enough to allow you to retain most of the times (Pipis in Elite). So it isn't as simple as let's make the share more homogeneous, let alone the super basic suggestion of let make more popular tyres more expensive, which is what usually happens after these kind of discussions. If anything, I think the cost differential Yokos/Dunnos to BYs is too small at the moment.
Halaman « 1 2 3 4 [5 Lompat ke halaman:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Suggestions forum > Should...something...happen to Avonn/Yoko tyres? Tambah topik ini kepada senarai abai anda Tambah topik ini kepada senarai pemerhatian anda

Balas topik ini