Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Off topic forum > Be careful when watching TV Voeg dit onderwerp toe aan je negeerlijst Voeg dit onderwerp toe aan je volglijst
Pagina [12 » Ga snel naar pagina:
Auteur Onderwerp: Be careful when watching TV 32 antwoorden
Felipe Oliveira
(Groep Amateur - 14)

Land:
Brazilië 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (12)   Afkeuren (2)
Oud bericht #1 geplaatst Jul 18 2011, 04:04:18 (laatst aangepast Jul 18 2011, 04:09:41 door Felipe Oliveira) Quote 
Looking at the forum on the America's Cup here on the site GPRO /gb/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=18093&LP=Y#scroll where a person made ​​the comment: (You're right. That I was thinking too. But most of the people in Brazil, where football is a cult, start to play the game on poor pitches, so I assumed accustomed They Should Be Those with bad pitches.) and soon after another player made ​​the comment (Those movie scenes where you see young kids playing on the dirt, etc.) that prompted me to write this post.

I do not have the pretension to teach anything to anyone here, however I will share a thought. I was watching an episode of THE UNIT some time ago where the special forces of the United States made ​​an operation in Rio de Janeiro. I say one thing, I'm from Rio and NEVER seen anything that was shown on the show. In the show, they simply shows the city of Rio de Janeiro and Brazilin a totally unrealistic economic and cultural.

I only say one thing, do not take seriously what you see on TV ... especially on countries outside the eurpa ... What you will see will usually be a distorted and prejudiced.

I think this also happens when we see the countries of the Middle East and Africa in many films and productions holliwood. In fact I think we have to be very careful we form our opinion about something using only a unknown source.

A good Sunday to all.

Peter Franklin
(Groep Amateur - 39)

Land:
Australië 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (8)   Afkeuren (0)
Oud bericht #2 geplaatst Jul 18 2011, 04:14:16 Quote 
I studied media thought out school, its allways been a pasion, one day i want to be a reporter,
Its true, you should never form an opinun or something from what you see on the news 99% of the time, it will be highly modifyed, and they only show the negative sides of places,
Peter Franklin
(Groep Amateur - 39)

Land:
Australië 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (2)   Afkeuren (0)
Oud bericht #3 geplaatst Jul 18 2011, 04:42:17 Quote 
http://www.allfamouswonders.com/middle-east/zakho-city-in-iraq/

Take that for example, thats in Iraq, how nice does it look, you will never see Iraq like that on TV!
Petrus Taskila
(Groep Rookie - 35)

Land:
Finland 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (0)   Afkeuren (0)
Oud bericht #4 geplaatst Jul 18 2011, 05:02:32 Quote 
Your 100% right :)

Btw, to that comment..
There's still some guys who have came from poor pitches to star, but in
old good times there were even more of them.
Samoeni Albanalopolis
(Groep Pro - 10)

Land:
Albanië 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (0)   Afkeuren (1)
Oud bericht #5 geplaatst Jul 18 2011, 05:05:11 (laatst aangepast Jul 18 2011, 05:06:35 door Samoeni Albanalopolis) Quote 
This is Albanian #1 mafia leader and no, its not fake.

www.novinite.com/media/images/2009-03/photo_verybig_102152.jpg

Picture taken in 1997.
Deepak Kar
(Groep Amateur - 49)

Land:
India 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #6 geplaatst Jul 18 2011, 05:12:06 Quote 
Felipe Oliveira:
Well said, but how is Rio de Janeiro if it is not like the one showed?

Agree to your point completely. :)
Michael Bauers
(Groep Rookie - 68)

Land:
Verenigde Staten 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (7)   Afkeuren (0)
Oud bericht #7 geplaatst Jul 18 2011, 05:31:11 Quote 

This is NOT news...

In fact, any THINKING person should CRITICALLY analyze ALL information. From WHATEVER source.

ESPECIALLY...
* TV
* Newspapers (Which are biased even if they try not to be)
* The Internet (ESPECIALLY The internet and email which are FULL of unbacked claims)
* Conventional "wisdom" (Which is quite often wrong, people repeat wrong stuff all the time that their parents taught them, etc.)
* Anyone trying to sell you something (In many cases, they will go as far as outright LIES)
* Your significant other (What did they REALLY mean when they said something? Women, in my experience, love to insert hidden meanings in innocuous statements which you are supposed to pick up on - or read their mind)

Danny Mcgill
(Groep Rookie - 121)

Land:
Engeland 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (4)   Afkeuren (0)
Oud bericht #8 geplaatst Jul 18 2011, 06:16:24 Quote 
tv isnt real? :O
Michael Bauers
(Groep Rookie - 68)

Land:
Verenigde Staten 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #9 geplaatst Jul 18 2011, 06:24:54 Quote 
Precisely, Danny :)
Mikko Heikkinen
(Groep Pro - 16)

Land:
Finland 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #10 geplaatst Jul 18 2011, 06:25:22 (laatst aangepast Jul 18 2011, 06:26:55 door Mikko Heikkinen) Quote 
Quote ( Danny Mcgill @ July 18th 2011,06:16:24 )

tv isnt real? :O

:D

Quote ( Felipe Oliveira @ July 18th 2011,04:04:18 )

I only say one thing, do not take seriously what you see on TV ... especially on countries outside the eurpa ...

Did you know that some of the scenes in movies that are supposedly staged in Finland are actually filmed in Russia.
(I don't mean that Russia would be any worse in any way, I'm just presenting a fact)
Maybe there is just more snow in Russia :)

Just to say that this "phenomenon" doesn't exclude europe at all :)
Gavin Paisley
(Groep Amateur - 21)

Land:
Canada 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #11 geplaatst Jul 18 2011, 07:23:05 Quote 
There used to be a lot of american tv shows that were filmed here in Vancouver when our dollar was weaker. They were always passed of as american citys.
Thomas Wesker
(Groep Rookie - 218)

Land:
België 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (1)   Afkeuren (0)
Oud bericht #12 geplaatst Jul 18 2011, 08:23:17 Quote 
I'm doing great without cable TV for quite a while. I'm surely not up to date to everything what is happening in the world, but who cares?

But you got to admit TV is a strong media. I know some people who believe EVERYTHING what the TV shows. Just another tool to deceive people.

TV is only good for entertainment but I prefer my computer for that. If I want to watch a series I can watch it when I want and I don't have to wait for the next episode a week later! And TV entertainment is also crap these days. More and more of these reality show's ... crap!!
Riley Morrell
(Groep Rookie - 120)

Land:
Engeland 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (2)   Afkeuren (0)
Oud bericht #13 geplaatst Jul 18 2011, 08:51:07 Quote 
Tv only shows the negative things happening in the world, they like to make people scared and show the bad side of everyone. i think if TV were more positive, people would smile more. :)
Alexander Khalkin
(Groep Pro - 6)

Land:
Rusland 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #14 geplaatst Jul 18 2011, 09:21:02 Quote 
It's the same everywhere in the world.
Cale Murray
(Groep Pro - 4)

Land:
Australië 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #15 geplaatst Jul 18 2011, 10:13:34 Quote 
i like how other countries pitcures australia with kangaroos everywhere :).
Adrian Summers
(Groep Pro - 14)

Land:
Verenigde Staten 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #16 geplaatst Jul 18 2011, 10:41:45 (laatst aangepast Jul 18 2011, 10:43:13 door Adrian Summers) Quote 
Quote ( Michael Bauers @ July 18th 2011,04:04:18 )

This is NOT news...

You got it all right, Michael. I'm NOT being sarcastic. Yes, there are so many stereotypes about different countries and people. Only the weak minded believe things blindly.
Tomas Dederle
(Groep Amateur - 62)

Land:
Tsjechië 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #17 geplaatst Jul 18 2011, 16:28:30 Quote 
Quote ( Samoeni Albanalopolis @ July 18th 2011,05:05:11 )

Tv only shows the negative things happening in the world, they like to make people scared and show the bad side of everyone. i think if TV were more positive, people would smile more. :)

They sell what is demanded. People will stay stucked to TV if they are announced to see some catastrophic scenes soon...On the other hand people switch the TV to other program if the program shows humans walking cross the streets in peace and safely with no other action then bird's singing...

And that is why many TV documents will be made in a way to attract interest, not in the way to describe fairly situation.

There were some attempts to make positive News programs contrary to all those negative reports we see in regular News. problem is that no such attempt survived economicaly. We people do not buy good news... :)
Alin Costrasuc
(Groep Pro - 14)

Land:
Romenië 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #18 geplaatst Jul 18 2011, 16:38:26 (laatst aangepast Jul 18 2011, 17:00:35 door Alin Costrasuc) Quote 

where a person made ​​the comment

That would be me. How many times do I have to say it ? It wasn't an offense to Brazil or Brazilians, it's like I saw at tv, hey, even Pele had one commercial with those pitches, stating he played in bad conditions and all.

And if you makes you feel better, reality about Romania is sometimes distorded by the media as well, because journalists, tv stations and all want to "shock" you, otherwise it would be considered boring. Romanians are made in all sort of ways, gipsies, uncivilized, thieves and all. I'm not saying there are not such things, but reality is always distorted.

A good Sunday to all.

It was only for some of us. For some of us, it's already Monday. :)

Looks like you. :D
Jon Day
(Groep Pro - 6)

Land:
Duitsland 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #19 geplaatst Jul 18 2011, 19:48:19 Quote 

Is the person who suggested those curtains were a good idea still alive? :D
Lukas Jonaitis
(Groep Master - 2)

Land:
Litouwen 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #20 geplaatst Jul 18 2011, 20:47:38 Quote 

I do not have the pretension to teach anything to anyone here, however I will share a thought. I was watching an episode of THE UNIT some time ago where the special forces of the United States made ​​an operation in Rio de Janeiro. I say one thing, I'm from Rio and NEVER seen anything that was shown on the show. In the show, they simply shows the city of Rio de Janeiro and Brazilin a totally unrealistic economic and cultural.

I only say one thing, do not take seriously what you see on TV ... especially on countries outside the eurpa ... What you will see will usually be a distorted and prejudiced.

I think this also happens when we see the countries of the Middle East and Africa in many films and productions holliwood. In fact I think we have to be very careful we form our opinion about something using only a unknown source.

A good Sunday to all.

Woah, so all I saw on The Unit wasn't real? What's next thing I'll find out? That birds don't actually fly in Rio?
Keri Lovell
(Groep Pro - 3)

Land:
Wales 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (1)   Afkeuren (1)
Oud bericht #21 geplaatst Jul 18 2011, 20:53:46 Quote 
Quote ( Lukas Jonaitis @ July 18th 2011,20:47:38 )

That birds don't actually fly in Rio?

Birds dont fly in Rio! They saaaaammmba!
Michael Bauers
(Groep Rookie - 68)

Land:
Verenigde Staten 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #22 geplaatst Jul 18 2011, 21:44:55 Quote 
Quote ( Gavin Paisley @ July 18th 2011,07:23:05 )

There used to be a lot of american tv shows that were filmed here in Vancouver when our dollar was weaker. They were always passed of as american citys.

I think I have seen some shows/movies that were fimed in Canada but set in the US. I can't think which ones they were now.

Alin Costrasuc
(Groep Pro - 14)

Land:
Romenië 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #23 geplaatst Jul 18 2011, 21:56:43 Quote 
Quote ( Lukas Jonaitis @ July 18th 2011,20:47:38 )

birds don't actually fly in Rio

Angry birds do !
Felipe Oliveira
(Groep Amateur - 14)

Land:
Brazilië 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #24 geplaatst Jul 19 2011, 16:14:09 Quote 
Quote ( Deepak Kar @ July 18th 2011,05:12:06 )

Well said, but how is Rio de Janeiro if it is not like the one showed?

The Rio de Janeiro is a city with a little more than six million inhabitants. Then you can get an idea of the cultural mix that is the place. Other than that the Rio is one of the most important citizens of Latin America, so here you have access to what is best, however there is social inequality that is brutal. In Copacabana we see feval and luxurious buildings in the background. The very rich and the very poor live side by side. But the Rio is without a doubt is a beautiful city. Of course there is the periphery that is poor and declining, but there is ecological reserves within the city, mountains, beautiful beaches. The Rio is like most cities, your bad side that's obvious. Has the crime (I've never been mugged till today) but the city is not a farm or a village as we have seen it portrayed. I've seen scenes where appeared pythons and monkeys that are typical of the Amazon forest (which is over 2,000 km away) walking down the street.
I think the image that the world of Rio and Brazil is extremely distorted.
Felipe Oliveira
(Groep Amateur - 14)

Land:
Brazilië 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #25 geplaatst Jul 19 2011, 16:19:10 Quote 
Quote ( Thomas Wesker @ July 18th 2011,08:23:17 )

I'm surely not up to date to everything what is happening in the world, but who cares?

We don't need to know and I think that is not healthy. We had this culture that we need to know everything that make no sense at all to me. Not to mention that what we know is what they told us, what they want we know and nothing more
Felipe Oliveira
(Groep Amateur - 14)

Land:
Brazilië 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #26 geplaatst Jul 19 2011, 16:22:21 Quote 
Quote ( Thomas Wesker @ July 18th 2011,08:23:17 )

If I want to watch a series I can watch it when I want and I don't have to wait for the next episode a week later! And TV entertainment is also crap these days. More and more of these reality show's ... crap!!

I can't agree more with you. It's exactly what i do.
Felipe Oliveira
(Groep Amateur - 14)

Land:
Brazilië 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #27 geplaatst Jul 19 2011, 16:35:07 Quote 
Quote ( Alin Costrasuc @ July 18th 2011,16:38:26 )

It wasn't an offense to Brazil or Brazilians, it's like I saw at tv

I know that. I was talking about that image. I think that you never had in Brazil, so the image you had is that you had from TV.

I do not take that to personal. I had been in same group with you some time ago and know you a little. The suficient to know that you're not onfend anyone. And even that you were make a offense, you had this right.

I was critcizing the TV not you.
George Brown
(Groep Rookie - 216)

Land:
Engeland 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #28 geplaatst Jul 19 2011, 17:06:11 Quote 
Quote ( Peter Franklin @ July 18th 2011,04:42:17 )

http://www.allfamouswonders.com/middle-east/zakho-city-in-ir...

Take that for example, thats in Iraq, how nice does it look, you will never see Iraq like that on TV!

Looks bloody awful. And so nice that 30 years ago it was famed for its synagogues, but then they burned them down, attacked all the Jews and cast them out? Pleasant..

http://life.wishgiving.com/?p=7852

That's quite nice however.
Jon Day
(Groep Pro - 6)

Land:
Duitsland 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #29 geplaatst Jul 19 2011, 19:14:40 Quote 
Quote ( George Brown @ July 19th 2011,17:06:11 )

http://life.wishgiving.com/?p=7852
needs a shopping centre and i cant see anywhere to park!
Kevin Mcferrin
(Groep Pro - 4)

Land:
Verenigde Staten 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #30 geplaatst Jul 19 2011, 19:21:47 Quote 
Quote ( Michael Bauers @ July 18th 2011,21:44:55 )

I think I have seen some shows/movies that were fimed in Canada but set in the US. I can't think which ones they were now.

The first one that comes to mind was The X-Files, but there have been many of them.
Pagina [12 » Ga snel naar pagina:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Off topic forum > Be careful when watching TV Voeg dit onderwerp toe aan je negeerlijst Voeg dit onderwerp toe aan je volglijst

Antwoord op dit bericht